PDA

View Full Version : Video: Shogun terug bij Cordeiro, Werdum: "I'll be HW champ"

Slome
22-04-2011, 08:09
Shogun terug bij Cordeiro, Werdum: "I'll be HW champ"

http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/fighters/thumbnails/mauricio-shogun-rua-2-sm.jpg

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua is welcomed back by his old master Rafael Cordeiro at Kings MMA. Also, Fabricio Werdum says he will win the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix tournament.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sHr_WrxsGk&feature=player_embedded

Slome
22-04-2011, 08:15
http://www.tatame.com/imagensup/7334/13033363206993.g.jpg

Rafael Cordeiro happy to work again with Shogun Rua

By Marcelo Barone
Photo personal file

The first training of Mauricio Shogun at Kings MMA was promising. Resuming the partnership with Rafael Cordeiro, on the US, the Brazilian fighter began his new rehabilitation project after being defeated by Jon Jones, when he lost his light heavyweight belt, so that he can shine again where he once ruled.

If it depends exclusively on the coach, it won’t take too long for Shogun to win again. On an interview, Rafael Cordeiro affirmed he won’t have any kind of trouble making his novice reach the top again.

“We started pretty well yesterday (Tuesday), he came here all excited, and that shows he’s willing to train a lot. We started by doing some Muay Thai training, we corrected some of his moves so that I could see how he was doing, and he’s doing just fine. It’s easy to take Shogun to the top again, he is gifted”, tells Rafael.

Check below the exclusive interview with the coach, who talked about Shogun VS. Forrest Griffin in UFC Rio and the comeback of his former students to his leadership, as Mauricio, Wanderlei Silva and Andre Dida.

What do you expect to happen on this rematch with Forrest Griffin?

I’ve always expected a lot from Shogun, because he earned what he accomplished, he got there because he’s good. He wants to be on the top again, he’s doing everything fine so far… The only thing I know for sure, and everybody who know him, is that he won’t perform like he did again, ever (when he lost to Jon Jones). He wants to change and he’ll win that belt back. I’m much confident on the work we’re doing here with all these people. He leaving Curitiba is a good thing, and his wife and daughter are coming to the US. He’s looking for a place to live, and soon his family will come to stay with him. Shogun will only return on the final phase of his camp, when it’s close to UFC Rio. He’ll be flying by then, more experienced and confident.

Do you believe the fact it’ll be in Brazil might bring him an extra motivation?

Absolutely, not only for him but for the entire team. Everybody wants to see this Brazilian party going on in UFC Rio, with the best in there. Shogun is training so he makes everybody proud of him and he trusts his work and our work too.

Your former students (Andre Dida, Wanderlei Silva and Shogun) are coming back to you. How does it make you feel?

I’m glad, I’m flattered. I believe it’s a bond beyond the techniques, it’s friendship and all the things we went through together. It’s a strong bond. I’m glad to see the guys training together, under the same roof and proving the world that when you have faith things happen. It’s not just technique, but also motivation, teamwork. It’s easier to work with people you like, that you’ve known for years.

How are things going right now?

Our team has Wanderlei Silva, Fabricio Werdum, (Andre) Dida, Mauricio Shogun, (Renato) Babalu Mark Munoz, Jake Ellenberger, Krzysztof Soszynsky, Fernando Bettega, Michael Coata, Vitor Viana, Jason Miller, Brett Cooper… Tito Ortiz sometimes comes here to train with us too. Anderson (Silva) comes here in the morning to train with me. I’m really happy to have these bonds with the guys, with whom I had the pleasure to work with for a long time. Yesterday (Tuesday) morning I did a sparring with Anderson and in the afternoon I trained with Shogun. It’s much rewarding. I’m glad that me and my guys have found each other again and I hope the results show that feeling. We always do a serious work, we’re professionals and it can’t be any different.

Kemal
22-04-2011, 08:51
Mooi om te zien!

El Bambino
22-04-2011, 10:55
Vraag me af wat er met zijn oude team gebeurt, en met zijn vaste pr manager.
Blijkbaar had ie er geen vertrouwen meer in!

GnP
22-04-2011, 10:59
leuke boel daar, veel bekende kopjes :)