PDA

View Full Version : Julie Kitchen 1st British woman to bring a WBC World Title home

marcelt
23-04-2011, 01:21
Queen of Muaythai and renowned World Champion Julie Kitchen fought for the prestigious WBC Welterweight World Title under full Thai rules at the Fairtex Stadium in Pattaya, Thailand, on April 7th 2011.
Kitchen won the fight with a TKO decision in the 3rd round against Thailand’s number 1, after successfully defeating her opponent with elbow shots. This makes her the first British woman to bring a WBC belt home and adds to her record breaking achievements to date which now include 13 world titles and 23 belts. Kitchen was challenged by Thailand's number 1 contender Nan Pimnipa (Nong-Naem) from Jongnguen Gym who went into the title fight with an impressive record of 48 wins and 8 losses.

http://www.breatheunity.com/content/images/Julie%20Kitchen%20%28left%29%20and%20Nong%20Naen%2 C%20WBC%20title%20fight%20in%20Pattaya%2C%20%207%2 0April%2011%20%28Large%29.JPG

Kitchen commented after her win: "I am extremely proud to be the first British WBC World Title Holder and to bring the WBC belt back to Britain. We had been chasing this title for over four years, winning the WBC has always been my ultimate goal. I am very proud to be able to say that I now have every major belt in the world, this is definitely the crowning glory and the greatest achievement in my career.”

"I also want to say a massive thank you to my family, my trainer and husband Nathan Kitchen, my daughters Amber and Allaya, Touchgloves Gym, my sponsors and all my fans for their incredible support."

The WBC is a renowned title belt held by famous fighters including Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson and Lennox Lewis.

Kitchen lives and trains in Cornwall, UK, and fights out of Penzance’s Touchgloves Gym. With 51 fights under her belt Julie Kitchen is 13x times World Champion in 4 different weight categories, the first and only woman to ever have achieved this. She is proudly sponsored by Touchgloves Gym, RealFitReview.com and Breathe Unity Athlete Management.

Check out Julie Kitchen's full Breathe Unity elite athlete profile on www.breatheunity.com/profile/julie-kitchen (http://www.breatheunity.com/profile/julie-kitchen) and join Julie's Facebook page www.facebook.com/juliekitchenUK (http://www.facebook.com/juliekitchenuk)

ABOUT JULIE KITCHEN: HER AMAZING ACHIEVEMENTS AS A TRUE BRITISH ATHLETE, WORLD CHAMPION AND QUEEN OF MUAYTHAI

Julie Kitchen’s fight record : 51 fights - 43 wins - 8 losses

Height : 5ft 11””
Weight : 59kg--67kg

Julie fights in 5 different weight categories under Muay Thai, Kickboxing and K1 style oriental rules.

Julie has fought and is renowned in Thailand, Jamaica, New York, Holland and the UK. She has also fought number 1 opponents from Spain, Italy, New Zealand, Australia, Finland, Portugal, Turkey, Holland and America and has beaten them all.

Julie is recognised as ‘the most successful female fighter ever to hail from the United Kingdom’ and has won numerous awards including ‘ISKA fighter of the year’ for the 2nd year running and ‘2009 female fighter of the year’ in Japan to name just a couple.

Apart from being a skillful fighter Julie is a trainer for private and group tuition, charity supporter, school talks motivator for kids being active in sport, and mother of twin girls. She is an ambassador for sports in general, especially encouraging women to get involved and achieve their goals even when facing adversity, as well as being involved in anti-bullying campaigns and weight loss programmes.

Julie is an amazing tribute to what can be achieved through dedication, hard work and a passion to inspire others through sport.

Sponsors :

Touchgloves Gym
RealFitReview.com
Breathe Unity Athlete Management

Titles held :

WBC WELTERWEIGHT WORLD TITLE
BACKSTREET BRAWLER TOP KING WORLD TITLE @63.5KG
WORLD I.S.K.A MUAYTHAI TITLE@67KG
WORLD I.S.K.A MUAYTHAI TITLE @ 64KG
WORLD I.S.K.A MUAYTHAI TITLE @ 67KG
WORLD WMC MUAYTHAI TITLE @ 63KG+ (successful defence)
WORLD WPMF MUAYTHAI TITLE @ 67KG
WORLD WPMF MUAYTHAI TITLE@65KG
WIKBA WORLD ORIENTAL RULES TITLE,(plus successful defence)@63.5KG
WORLD CAPITAL PUNISHMENT MUAYTHAI [email protected]
WORLD NMF MUAYTHAI TITLE @65KG
WORLD ITMF MUAYTHAI TITLE@65KG
WIKBA INTERCONTINENTAL MUAYTHAI TITLE@63KG
IMKO EUROPEAN MUAYTHAI TITLE @63KG
GOLDEN BELT EUROPEAN MUAYTHAI TITLE @61.5KG
IKF BRITISH MUAYTHAI TITLE @63KG
WKA BRITISH KICKBOXING TITLE
FIST BRITISH MUAYTHAI TITLE(plus successful defence)
BKK BRITISH MUAYTHAI TITLE
WPKL BRITISH X2 MUAYTHAI TITLE(welterweight & featherweight)
BMBC ENGLISH MUAYTHAI TITLE.

For all press and sponsorship enquiries or if you need any high res images of Julie please contact Rebecca on 01273 467 568 or email [email protected] ([email protected]%20)

Breathe Unity Ltd
Adur Business Centre, Ropetackle
Little High Street
Shoreham-by-Sea
West Sussex
BN43 5EG

http://www.breatheunity.com/content/images/IMG_1003.jpg

Related Articles:

Anderson
23-04-2011, 01:47
Netjes hoor en ze heeft ook echte titels van echte grote bonden[WBC,ISKA,WPMF niet zo'n eentje van WFCA die geen reet voor stellen.

smike
23-04-2011, 03:08
Het wordt tijd dat Germanine haar uitdaagt en KO slaat om te laten zien wie de daadwerkelijke kampioen is,

Jeru
23-04-2011, 09:59
Het wordt tijd dat Germanine haar uitdaagt en KO slaat om te laten zien wie de daadwerkelijke kampioen is,

Germaine heeft volgens mij al een keer van haar gewonnen. Toch netjes al die titels!

Richelieu
23-04-2011, 10:03
Germaine heeft volgens mij al een keer van haar gewonnen. Toch netjes al die titels!

Klopt, Germaine won op punten tijdens het Champions of Champions I evenement in Jamaica (2008). Dit ging destijds ook om de WBC wereldtitel. Eén jaar later won ze op Jamaica tijdens het tweede evenement de WMC wereldtitel in een partij tegen Angie Parr.

Leventdepevent
23-04-2011, 10:30
idd netjes zo lijst met titels

smike
23-04-2011, 16:01
Klopt, Germaine won op punten tijdens het Champions of Champions I evenement in Jamaica (2008). Dit ging destijds ook op de WBC wereldtitel. Eén jaar later won ze op Jamaica tijdens het tweede evenement de WMC wereldtitel in een partij tegen Angie Parr.

Ja, dat is algemeen bekend.
Het wordt tijd voor een rematch zoals ik dus al zei waarin Germaine haar ko slaat.
Kitchen beweert namelijk dat zij de betere was die partij... en nu met al die titels en ophemeling wordt het tijd om Holland weer nummer 1 te zetten.

WAR GERMAINE