PDA

View Full Version : Lacy to fight MMA star Diaz

DAWK1D
07-05-2011, 16:02
Former IBF super middleweight champion Jeff “Left Hook” Lacy officially signed on the dotted line to face Strikeforce champion Nick Diaz, who wants to pursue a professional boxing career in addition to his mixed-martial arts title reign. The boxing match will take place in the Fall of 2011. Promoter Don Chargin states, “This is a very dangerous fight for both men. Not only is this fight dangerous but stylistically it is very intriguing. I expected more resistance from fight fans and media in regards to this match-up but its amazing as to the hundreds of calls and e-mails I’ve received from fans on both sides wanting to see this match-up take place. I’ve received more than a few inquiries from some other very high-profile boxers that want to step up and fight Nick. It’s been a real whirlwind….I’ve been around boxing for quite some time and I’ve seen a lot of great, tough fighters in my six decades within the sport. I believe that if Nick had been one of those kids who had picked up boxing from a youth, he’d undoubtedly be a world-champion today. Sometime within the next 2 weeks I’ll be personally making the trek to Cesar Gracies gym to setup a private, closed door sparring session between Nick and a few nameless top-level contenders I have in mind.”

Boxing - Lacy to fight MMA star Diaz (http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/lacy-to-fight-mma-star-diaz-83557)

wrestler_nl
07-05-2011, 18:01
REPOST #3!!

DAWK1D
07-05-2011, 19:16
My bad