PDA

View Full Version : Edgar-Maynard title fight scrapped, Jackson-Hamill tapped new UFC 130 main event

The Company
09-05-2011, 22:22
This month's UFC 130 event has lost its championship headliner.

Due to injuries sustained by both fighters, a lightweight title fight and third bout between champion Frankie Edgar (13-1-1 MMA, 8-1-1 UFC) and Gray Maynard (10-0-1 MMA, 8-0-1 UFC) has been scratched.

UFC officials today announced the change.

UFC 130 takes place May 30 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The night's main card airs on pay-per-view, and Spike TV airs a one-hour "UFC Prelims" special beforehand.

A light-heavyweight bout between Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (31-8 MMA, 6-2 UFC) and Matt Hamill (10-2 MMA, 9-2 UFC) has been tapped the new headliner.

Additionally, a welterweight fight between Thiago Alves (18-7 MMA, 10-4 UFC) and Rick Story (12-3 MMA, 5-1 UFC) has been promoted to the main card. That bout, which initially was slated for the "UFC Prelims" special, has been replaced by middleweights Tim Boetsch (12-4 MMA, 3-3 UFC) and Kendall Grove (12-8 MMA, 7-5 UFC) on the Spike TV card.

Edgar and Maynard recently fought in the headliner of UFC 125, where Edgar attempted to defend his belt and avenge the only defeat of his career. Although Maynard jumped out to an early lead with a first-round knockdown, Edgar survived and ultimately took the fight the distance. The bout ended in an anticlimactic draw and prompted officials to book the third meeting.

No reschedule date has been set for the title fight.

The loss of the title fight is a huge hit to the Memorial Day-weekend show, which often are some of the UFC's bigger events

Suckss:boos:

InFaMouS
09-05-2011, 22:23
Bron: BREAKING NEWS: BOTH Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard injured, out of 130 - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums (http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/breaking-news-both-frankie-edgar-gray-maynard-injured-out-130-a-1664525/)

Rampage vs Hamill is nu de main-event

EDIT:
betere bron Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard Off UFC 130 After Injuries Sideline Both -- MMA Fighting (http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/05/09/frankie-edgar-vs-gray-maynard-off-ufc-130/)

Fyodor
09-05-2011, 22:27
Heel erg jammer dit. Rampage vs Hamill is nou niet echt een main event waar je goed voor gaat zitten.

Petrosyan188
09-05-2011, 22:54
jammer. voor mij is dan rampage vs hamill wel een main event waard, maar begrijp dat mensen dat niet vinden. misschien dat ze een pettis vs guida(die eigenlijk een week later is) op de main card zetten.. zou een heleboel goed maken vind ik of een sonnen vs bisping ofzoiets. ik bedoel het is wel gelijke middelen omdat beide vechters nu in korte tijd moeten voorbereiden en niet dat de ene wel heeft kunnen voorbereiden en de andere niet

The Company
09-05-2011, 22:56
Former WEC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis said that Monday’s news about injuries suffered by Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard didn’t surprise him all that much.

That’s because the UFC contacted Pettis “three or four days ago” with a special request: did he want to take a bout with Gray Maynard in the main event of UFC 130?

Pettis wanted the fight.

“They were going to have me fight Maynard on that card. I said yes to that deal right away. I guess it turns out that it’s not going to happen. I’m back to fighting Guida,” Pettis told HeavyMMA.com. “It sucks that he got injured, because it kinda puts the whole lightweight division back on standstill. ”

Instead of facing Maynard, Pettis will instead resume training camp for his bout with Clay Guida at the Ultimate Fighter Finale.

“For three or four days I thought I was going to fight on May 28 and now it’s just killing me, so I’m going to take it out on Clay Guida

Wat een pech voor Pettis, de LW divisie stond al op stil na draw at UFC 125 en nu helemaal.

Joshuaa
09-05-2011, 23:30
Ik snap precies dat Maynard er ook meteen uitgenaaid is, die man wilt gewoon niks anders dan die titel wat ik ook snap maar dit is wel erg klote:(

jerul
10-05-2011, 00:52
Neejoh, nu is het hele event een heel stuk minder interessant.
Gelukkig hebben we nog struve en mir vs nelson!

tik_tok
10-05-2011, 03:28
Neejoh, nu is het hele event een heel stuk minder interessant.
Gelukkig hebben we nog struve en mir vs nelson!

Kijk eerder uit naar Rampage dan die vette Nelson..

redjuh
10-05-2011, 03:44
ik zou er toch niet voor zijn opgebleven

jerul
10-05-2011, 03:56
Kijk eerder uit naar Rampage dan die vette Nelson..

Heb kijk er minder naar uit eigenlijk, Rampage vs Hamill lijkt me weer een nieuwe Rampage vs Rashad te worden alleen dan een stuk minder gehyped. Niet dat die partij enorm slecht was maar ook niet echt een partij om naar uit te kijken achteraf gezien.

Nelson vs Mir daarintegen heeft alle potentie om een oorlog te worden. Nelson heeft Mir al eerder verslagen in grappling en Mir zal vast en zeker op revanche uit zijn dus het kan een enorme groundwar worden. Verder hebben beiden vechters de potentie om elkaar te KO'en al geef ik Mir het voordeel in de standup. Ik weet zeker dat dit een goede partij wordt, de enige manier dat dat niet zo is, is als ze beiden niet komen om te vechten wat ik me niet echt kan voorstellen. Ik vind het een heerlijke match-up!

blackadder
10-05-2011, 04:14
ik zou er toch niet voor zijn opgebleven
x2

Gilaiir
10-05-2011, 16:09
jammer maar helaas, Edgar vs Maynard 2 was voor mij de beste partij van 2011 tot nu toe, dus daar keek ik erg naar uit!

redjuh
10-05-2011, 16:19
dat zegt 80 % vd fans idd... maarre imo was de 1ste ronde zowat een missmatch en de rest werd door de ander gedomineerd en had daarom moeten winnen (edgar dus)

Shikoku
10-05-2011, 17:46
Lijkt me nogal stug dat ze allebei echt geblesseerd zijn.

Maar gaat wel makkelijk nu ze verzekerd zijn he. Lekker cash innen en niet vechten.