PDA

View Full Version : Lesnar OUT of UFC 131 ; Carwin to face Dos Santos.

Zolja
12-05-2011, 23:23
BREAKING NEWS: Brock Lesnar contracts diverticulitis for a second time, Shane Carwin to fight Junior dos Santos at UFC 131

UFC President, Dana White has tonight announced the sad news that former heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar has contracted diverticulitis for a second time, with former interim champion, Shane Carwin stepping in to face Junior dos Santos at UFC 131 next month in Vancouver, Canada. Check out the running notes from the conference call below (this will continually update until the end of the call):

White: Former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has diverticulitis again.
White: Lesnar has some serious choices to make in the next few weeks.
White: Dos Santos will fight Shane Carwin instead of Lesnar.
Lesnar: I dodged a bullet two years ago with not having the surgery. Diverticulitis is an illness that never goes away.
Lesnar: I’ve been able to maintain it to the point where it’s tolerable. Able to go through two camps, Carwin, and Cain without problems.
Lesnar: I’ve dealt with symptoms for the last three months. I felt it during TUF. Only way to treat it is to take antibiotics.
Lesnar: During this training camp, I felt an infection. Had a CT scan to confirm. It didn’t allow me to train to my full ability.
Lesnar: I am forced with the decision to have surgery or deal with this for the rest of my life.
Lesnar: My health and my family are number one. I’m choked up about it, but there’s nothing I can do.
Lesnar: I’m not retiring. This isn’t the end of my fight career.
Lesnar: This isn’t the end of Brock Lesnar. This is a speed bump in the road.
Lesnar: I went to the Mayo Clinic yesterday. I was there for 14 hours.

Lesnar: I don’t know the risks of surgery, but it has to be better than what I’ve dealt with the last two years.
Lesnar: I believe this illness has kept me from being in peak form. 85-90% for Carwin, pushing self to another limit with Cain.
Lesnar: I knew right away when the symptoms hit. I lied to myself though. Told myself my diet was working.
White: This sucks. I’m glad Brock’s OK, not life-threatening. We’ll take it one day at a time.
Lesnar: Dana cares about the health of his fighters, and he’s a class-act guy. Greatly appreciate it.
Lesnar: There’s no timetable with regards to making a decision.

Naj85
12-05-2011, 23:40
serieus?

Naj85
12-05-2011, 23:41
jammer hoor! en dat meen ik echt als fan van Lesnar

Pahlavan
13-05-2011, 00:00
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.mmafighting.com/media/2011/05/brock5.jpgIn a blockbuster announcement Thursday afternoon, UFC President Dana White (http://www.mmafighting.com/tag/Dana+White/) revealed that Brock Lesnar (http://www.mmafighting.com/tag/Brock+Lesnar/) is once again suffering from diverticulitis and will not be able to fight at UFC 131 (http://www.mmafighting.com/tag/UFC+131/). Instead, the main event on that fight card will be Junior dos Santos (http://www.mmafighting.com/tag/Junior+dos+Santos/) vs. Shane Carwin (http://www.mmafighting.com/tag/Shane+Carwin/).

"I want to thank the UFC, I want to thank Mr. White and I want to apologize to Junior dos Santos and Spike TV," Lesnar said. "This is an unfortunate situation for me. I dodged a bullet about two years ago with diverticulitis, at that time not knowing what the problem was. ... Diverticulitis is something that never goes away. It's something I've dealt with since the first occurrence and I've been battling it."

Lesnar said that he has been feeling sick for three months and has been on antibiotics, and that "It didn't allow me to train to my full capabilities. I was forced to make a decision to go back to the doctor this week." Lesnar said he spent 14 hours talking to doctors at the Mayo Clinic this week, and although he insisted that the illness won't end his career and that he won't retire from MMA, he said there's simply no way he can fight as scheduled in June.

"It wouldn't have been fair," Lesnar said. "My health is No. 1, my family is No. 1 and it was a hard decision. I'm choked up about it and there's nothing I can do."

Lesnar said White has been "first class" in his support through this relapse of his illness. White said he told Lesnar to make sure his personal health was his top priority.

"He was all bummed out about pulling out of the fight," White said, "I told him, 'Don't worry about the fight.' ... I'm glad it's not life-threatening."

For the UFC, losing the Lesnar-dos Santos bout is a major blow: This season of The Ultimate Fighter has been devoted to building up the two coaches, and it was expected to be one of the UFC's biggest pay-per-views of 2011. Instead, the UFC has now lost that main event, just a week after losing its UFC 130 main event of Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard.

But while the news is bad for the UFC, Lesnar sounded an optimistic note about his future. Although he doesn't know when he'll be healthy enough to return to the Octagon, or whether he'll need surgery, he is confident he'll return eventually.

"I love this sport and I love what I do," Lesnar said. "This isn't the end of Brock Lesnar."

Pahlavan
13-05-2011, 00:01
ben ver van een lesnar fan... maar vind het wel kut voor hem

Zolja
13-05-2011, 00:02
serieus?

yes, jammer genoeg wel..

Shikoku
13-05-2011, 00:06
Niet om wat af te doen aan Brock's ziekte. Want we weten dat Brock hier echt goed ziek van is geweest en het geen kleine blessure is waardoor soms vechter zogenaamd 'geblesseerd' zijn, maar het is wel heel typisch.

Toen het aangekondigd werd gingen de helft van de artikelen over hoe er gespeculeerd werd dat Brock vast niet wou vechten tegen JDS. Showtje maken, populariteit opdoen, centjes verdienen, en dan niet vechten. Het gaat wel precies zoals voorspeld is.

Ik vraag me ook af of door de UFC's beslissing om de vechters te gaan verzekeren het voor vechters niet aanlokkelijker maakt om even de ziektewet in te duiken om een gevecht te vermijden. Zoals ook al bij Frankie en Maynard het geval leek toen Maynard liever niet eerst met Pettis wou vechten dan een directe title shot. En met BJ Penn die niet meer wou vechten op de card omdat Fitch niet meer kon.

Maarja,

TUF 10= Rampage-Rashad, hevig uitgesteld. En stelde uiteindelijk teleur.
TUF 11= Tito had er geen zin meer in
TUF 12= Koscheck krijgt een title shot op basis van ja, wat? En kon uiteindelijk niks
TUF 13= Brock moet weer het ziekenhuis in

Voor het aantal serieuze contenders in TUF hoef je het al niet meer te doen. Als de coaches dan ook niet meer gaan vechten, ja dan kun je beter met dat TUF stoppen.

GilbertYvelFan24
13-05-2011, 00:48
After fighting his way back from a severe 2009 bout with diverticulitis to successfully defend his UFC heavyweight title against Shane Carwin last July before losing the belt to Cain Velasquez, Brock Lesnar has been forced out of his UFC 131 main event against Junior dos Santos after being stricken once again with the intestinal ailment.

Lesnar and UFC President Dana White revealed the news on a media teleconference Thursday afternoon.

“Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has diverticulitis again,” said White. “He spent all day yesterday over at the Mayo Clinic and he’s gone through a bumper to bumper of tests. This thing acted up on him again, he’s got some serious choices to make in the next couple of weeks on whether to fight this thing or take the surgery.”

“I want to thank the UFC and Mr. White, and I want to apologize to Junior dos Santos and Spike TV,” said Lesnar. “This is an unfortunate situation for me. I dodged a bullet about two years ago with diverticulitis by not having the surgery. But diverticulitis is an illness that never goes away. It’s something that I’ve dealt with since my first occurrence and have been battling with it. I’ve been able to maintain it to a point where it’s tolerable, and I was able to go through two training camps. I’ve been dealing with some symptoms over the last three months, and during the course of this training camp, I felt another infection and got a CT scan done on my stomach, where there was visible inflation. It didn’t allow me to train to my full capabilities, and I was forced to make a decision to go back down to the doctor this week to figure out how far this thing was along. It’s not as serious as last time. It just didn’t allow me to train the way I needed to train for a number one contender’s bout. I am forced with the decision to either have surgery or to deal with this for the rest of my life. So I’m fighting a different fight here. It was a hard decision (to pull out of the fight), I’m choked up about it, but there’s nothing I can do.”

Stepping in for Lesnar to face dos Santos on the June 11th event in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada will be Carwin, the former interim UFC heavyweight champion. Carwin was originally scheduled to face Jon Olav Einemo on the UFC 131 card.

“Junior is a serious fight and not the type of fight that you would normally take on a 30 day notice but I have a dream to chase and I do not have a lot of time to chase it,” wrote Carwin on a blog on his website Shane-Carwin.com (http://www.shane-carwin.com/profiles/blogs/changes-1). “This is an opportunity to put myself in contention for the title. I know my Coaches will have me ready so I have everything to gain.”

Carwin also sent his best wishes to his former rival.

“I hope Brock is able to recover. I look forward to facing him again one day.”

That sounds just fine to Lesnar, who insists that we have not heard the last of him yet.

I’ll tell you one thing: I’m not retiring. This isn’t the end of my fight career. I have a strong faith that there’s a solution to every problem. I just gotta find the right solution to fix this problem. I love this sport and I love what I do. This isn’t the end of Brock Lesnar.”

Lesnar and dos Santos have been competing against each other as coaches on season 13 of The Ultimate Fighter reality series on Spike TV.

http://uk.ufc.com/news/Lesnar-Out-of-UFC-131-Carwin-to-face-dos-Santos

GilbertYvelFan24
13-05-2011, 00:50
Kan de moderator ff er Lesnar ipv Lesnat van maken... schaam me dood :S

Shikoku
13-05-2011, 00:55
Je kan je denk ik beter schamen dat je niet de andere topics hier recht beneden ziet :p

GilbertYvelFan24
13-05-2011, 00:57
:p Slotje dan maar. Ik zweer het je het was me echt niet opgevallen... ondanks dat er BREAKING NEWS staat

rollermanskunk
13-05-2011, 01:44
Mijn schoonvader heeft sinds 10 dagen dezelfde aandoening als Brock, hij ligt nu al 8 dagen in het ziekenhuis, al 10 dagen geen eten binnengehad, geen ontlasting en hij is compleet gesloopt door de pijn en de honger. Mogelijk een operatie ivm gevaar voor darmperforatie.

Bij Brock kan het duiden op veelvuldig gebruik van NSAID (non-steroïden pijnstillers) dit is killing voor je maag. Bij mijn schoonvader is het te wijten aan een non-vezelrijk dieet.

Naj85
13-05-2011, 02:27
lol
Je kan je denk ik beter schamen dat je niet de andere topics hier recht beneden ziet :p

Jeru
13-05-2011, 08:14
Einemo dus ook niet meer op de card? Die zou toch tegen Carwin staan?

Kemal
13-05-2011, 08:27
Kan de moderator ff er Lesnar ipv Lesnat van maken... schaam me dood :S

done, ook heb ik deze post even samengevoegd... ;)

lopez86
13-05-2011, 08:28
Dos Santos heeft aan Carwin wel een pittigere tegenstander gekregen.

el bastardo
13-05-2011, 08:51
Niet om wat af te doen aan Brock's ziekte. Want we weten dat Brock hier echt goed ziek van is geweest en het geen kleine blessure is waardoor soms vechter zogenaamd 'geblesseerd' zijn, maar het is wel heel typisch.

Toen het aangekondigd werd gingen de helft van de artikelen over hoe er gespeculeerd werd dat Brock vast niet wou vechten tegen JDS. Showtje maken, populariteit opdoen, centjes verdienen, en dan niet vechten. Het gaat wel precies zoals voorspeld is.

Ik vraag me ook af of door de UFC's beslissing om de vechters te gaan verzekeren het voor vechters niet aanlokkelijker maakt om even de ziektewet in te duiken om een gevecht te vermijden. Zoals ook al bij Frankie en Maynard het geval leek toen Maynard liever niet eerst met Pettis wou vechten dan een directe title shot. En met BJ Penn die niet meer wou vechten op de card omdat Fitch niet meer kon.

Maarja,

TUF 10= Rampage-Rashad, hevig uitgesteld. En stelde uiteindelijk teleur.
TUF 11= Tito had er geen zin meer in
TUF 12= Koscheck krijgt een title shot op basis van ja, wat? En kon uiteindelijk niks
TUF 13= Brock moet weer het ziekenhuis in

Voor het aantal serieuze contenders in TUF hoef je het al niet meer te doen. Als de coaches dan ook niet meer gaan vechten, ja dan kun je beter met dat TUF stoppen.
Omdat het geld opbrengt... Kijk alleen al eens naar de merchandising...

Ben ook geen fan van Brock als persoon, maar als vechter brengt ie toch altijd sensatie. Buiten dat gun je dit niemand.

@rollermanskunk: Sterkte met je schoonvader!

dirk5
13-05-2011, 09:04
don't care, het is tenslotte zijn eigen schuld dat het in eerste instantie zo uit de hand is gelopen:

"It should also be noted that Lesnar said he sought sophisticated treatment in the tiny Canadian outpost only after embarking on a hunting trip despite knowing he was unwell before the excursion. Lesnar said he wasn’t aware of just how sick he was before the trip because he was misdiagnosed by an American doctor.

And why was he misdiagnosed? “It was my fault because they did want to do a CT scan on me and I didn’t want to do it. It’s my fault for being misdiagnosed,” Lesnar said. "

el bastardo
13-05-2011, 09:08
don't care, het is tenslotte zijn eigen schuld dat het in eerste instantie zo uit de hand is gelopen:

"It should also be noted that Lesnar said he sought sophisticated treatment in the tiny Canadian outpost only after embarking on a hunting trip despite knowing he was unwell before the excursion. Lesnar said he wasn’t aware of just how sick he was before the trip because he was misdiagnosed by an American doctor.

And why was he misdiagnosed? “It was my fault because they did want to do a CT scan on me and I didn’t want to do it. It’s my fault for being misdiagnosed,” Lesnar said. "
Tis niet de meest slimme persoon ook...

XanaduNL
13-05-2011, 09:09
Nouja, niet caren omdat het zijn eigen schuld is (wat hij zelfs toegeeft) vind ik wat overdreven. :p
Ik hoop dat hij nog terugkomt, ben stiekem wel een beetje fan.

Ik denk dat deze nieuwe partij een knaller wordt, en hoop dat ze iemand vinden voor John Olav.

basblue
13-05-2011, 09:16
Nouja, niet caren omdat het zijn eigen schuld is (wat hij zelfs toegeeft) vind ik wat overdreven. :p

Ik denk dat deze nieuwe partij een knaller wordt, en hoop dat ze iemand vinden voor John Olav.

X2

Fyodor
13-05-2011, 09:22

Jammer dat het niet doorgaat, voor alle partijen. Hoop echt dat ze op tijd een vervanger vinden voor Einemo!

Einemo's trainer, Golden Glory's Martin De Jong, was unaware of the change when contacted today by MMAjunkie.com (http://mmajunkie.com/) (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com
(http://www.mmajunkie.com)) and began a scramble for answers with an expletive.

UFC president Dana White said today that Einemo's future is currently undetermined. Asked whether a replacement is on the way for the Norwegian fighter, he said, "Not yet."

dirk5
13-05-2011, 09:28

hehe, het zal natuurlijk ook gedeeltelijk liggen aan de diep gewortelde haat die ik voor Lesnar koester :)

Ik heb gewoon genoeg van deze acteur, en de hype die eromheen hangt:
Hij improved echt elke gevecht man, hij deed nu zelfs al een gesprongen knie!

Dat leren ze namelijk bij master titus ook.

Harrie Nak
13-05-2011, 09:36
Kut voor Lesnar, maar voor White zou het een mooi moment zijn om er een cross-promotion gevecht van te maken, oftewel Overeem vs. Dos Santos.

Overigens, misschien wist White dit al een tijd, maar hield hij het voor zich om tickets te blijven verkopen?

XanaduNL
13-05-2011, 09:44
Ik denk niet dat ze heavyweights willen gebruiken die nog in de GP zitten.
Als als ze "gehaast" cross-promos gaan doen, gaan de fans alleen maar harden schreeuwen om meer.

Leventdepevent
13-05-2011, 10:20
heb totaal niks met de vechter Lesnar maar vind het wel kut voor de persoon Lesnar

Lionheart
13-05-2011, 10:53
heb totaal niks met de vechter Lesnar maar vind het wel kut voor de persoon Lesnar

x2

marcelt
13-05-2011, 11:13
Upon receiving the news, the former Interim Heavyweight Champion took to his official website, Shane-Carwin.com (http://www.shane-carwin.com/profiles/blogs/changes-for-ufc-131), to address the development and wish Lesnar well in his recovery:

"I was training and my phone was blowing up so I looked over and saw some missed calls from Dana and Joe Silva. I reached out to my manager to see what was going on and he informed me that we are taking Lesnar's spot for 131. Junior is a serious fight and not the type of fight that you would normally take on a 30 day notice, but I have a dream to chase and I do not have a lot of time to chase it. This is an opportunity to put myself in contention for the title. I know my coaches will have me ready, so I have everything to gain. My manager said 'This is where you belong' and I am going to make sure I do everything I can to prove him right. I hope Brock is able to recover. I look forward to facing him again one day."

The Company
13-05-2011, 12:10
Big Country heeft het altijd al geweten.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMJlhhBhcqk&feature=player_embedded#at=107

micha
13-05-2011, 12:26
en einemo nou dan?

marrilia
13-05-2011, 12:42
ienie mienie meinie moo.......... wie gaat er nu tegen Einemo ?

wrestler_nl
13-05-2011, 13:29
- Geweldige Match-Up Dos Santos vs Carwin...Ik hoop dat het een stand-up war wordt. Dos Santos via KO tweede ronde.
-Kut voor Lesnar dat hij ziek is.
-gelukkig voor Einemo want nu gaat hij tenminste niet ko in de eerste twee minuten ;)

The Company
13-05-2011, 13:53
Ik zeg Einemo vs Hunt op de prelims.

Mule-Kick
13-05-2011, 14:16
Dos Santos vs. Carwin is naar mijn idee zowieso een beter partij dus ik treur er niet echt om. Alhoewel ik Brock graag weer breakdancend door de ring had zien vliegen, hoop ik wel dat hij terug komt. Einemo tegen Schaub ofzo? Minder gevaarlijk als Carwin maar wel een goede test lijkt me.

Shikoku
13-05-2011, 15:00
Omdat het geld opbrengt... Kijk alleen al eens naar de merchandising

Ik bedoelde meer vanuit sportief oogpunt. Maar als je het van die kant wil bekijken kan je wel stellen dat de kijkcijfers totaal zijn ingestort van TUF in amerika. Ze brachten Brock Lesnar bij de show en alsnog keek er geen kip vergeleken met de eerdere seizoenen.

Harrie Nak
13-05-2011, 15:44
Einemo dus ook niet meer op de card? Die zou toch tegen Carwin staan?Wellicht tegen Mitrione, Schaub of Nog? Of Dana belt Todd Duffee een week voor het event en vraagt of hij een "fucking fighter" is!

Shikoku
13-05-2011, 16:34
Wellicht tegen Mitrione, Schaub of Nog? Of Dana belt Todd Duffee een week voor het event en vraagt of hij een "fucking fighter" is!

Mitrione heeft al een gevecht geplanned staan. Schaub gaat heus niet een gevecht op 2 weken short-notice nemen tegen een nobody als hij net Gonzaga en Cro Cop in mekaar gemept heeft. En Nog wil al vechten op ufc 134. Ik denk niet dat er veel ufc heavyweights zitten te springen om dit gevecht op short notice waar eigenlijk niks mee te winnen valt

basblue
13-05-2011, 16:44
Ik weet wel een paar tegenstanders:
- Pat Barry (laatst gevochten 22 jan)
- Christian Morecraft (laatst gevochten 26 mrt)

wrestler_nl
13-05-2011, 16:58
Ik weet wel een paar tegenstanders:
- Pat Barry (laatst gevochten 22 jan)
- Christian Morecraft (laatst gevochten 26 mrt)

Pat Barry heeft een gevecht geplaaned tegen Kongo.
Morecraft vecht tegen Mittrione eind juni

Zolja
13-05-2011, 17:56
Telefoongesprek met Dana White en Brock Lesnar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09N_iGVzZXQ&feature=player_embedded#at=64

basblue
13-05-2011, 20:20
Pat Barry heeft een gevecht geplaaned tegen Kongo.
Morecraft vecht tegen Mittrione eind juni

Tja dan blijft er weinig over... Bob Sapp voor 1x inhuren?

El Bambino
13-05-2011, 21:37
Tja..ziek is ziek he.
Toch mijn twijfels....toen Brockde Champ was en alles won en de lieverdje van de yankee bevolking was, was er niks aan de hand met zijn gezondheid. Nu er 2 beestachtige contanders zijn (Velasques en Dos Santos) is Brock vaak ziek.

MaartenManaus
13-05-2011, 22:02
Op Sherdog staat nu Jon Olav Einemo (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jon-Olav-Einemo-2873) vs. Dave Herman (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Dave-Herman-19720)
Ben benieuwd

bananenplukster
13-05-2011, 22:05
en einemo nou dan?

Martijdejong twittert het volgende:Latest @ufc 131 details - @ShaneCarwin's original opponent John Olav Einemo of @Golden_Glory fights @davehermanmma instead!

Dus tegen dave herman, wel een mindere tegenstander dan shane carwin misschien masr goed ook?einemo heeft lang niet gevochten vond het al opmerkelijk dat hij gelijk tegen carwin moest(goed management van gg)

R.H.
13-05-2011, 22:53
Tja..ziek is ziek he.
Toch mijn twijfels....toen Brockde Champ was en alles won en de lieverdje van de yankee bevolking was, was er niks aan de hand met zijn gezondheid. Nu er 2 beestachtige contanders zijn (Velasques en Dos Santos) is Brock vaak ziek.

Sorry maar denk je serieus dat hij zo'n aandoening gaat lopen faken. Jezus man zelfs als hij verliest sleept hij miljoenen bezig.