PDA

View Full Version : Manager: I think if Fedor loses to Henderson he will retire

Naj85
02-06-2011, 20:11
Manager: I think if Fedor loses to Henderson he will retire
Source: lowkick.com
Jun 2, 2011 12:16 PM EST
Fedor Emelianenko's manager Vadim Finkelstein about what will happen if Fedor loses to Dan Henderson on July 30th.
"I think that if Fedor loses to Dan Henderson, he will retire from Mixed Martial Arts. And like I said many times before, it will be his decision and we (M-1 Global) have no influence of any kind on whatever he decides to do. It's all up to him.But we hope for the best. Fedor is very motivated, and will be more than ready for this fight. He has a new goal, and is fully concentrated on reaching it."
Fedor on his decision to continue fighting, and on opponent Dan Henderson
"Two mistakes in a row is not a coincidence. I didn't want to make the third, so that's why I considered retirement. But then, I discussed the situation with my trainers and my spiritual father. When I returned home, I was fully convinced that it's not the right time to retire, but to continue fighting. Our life is full of crossroads, and we always have to make the right decisions. I have no regrets about staying in the sport, and will continue fighting."

"Dan Henderson is a very exciting fighter; he's a strong wrestler and is very quick with taking the fight from stand-up, down to the ground. He starts in stand-up, but then he attacks like a tornado, often surprising his opponents by putting them on their back. Like I said, Henderson is an exciting fighter. But there were also fights where he had to sweat against a relatively weaker competition. It's all about how you match-up up against your opponent. So yes, Dan Henderson had some fights where things didn't go his way."
Read entire article...
Read entire article... (original Russian)
©2011 Mixed Martial Arts llc.
Developed in partnership with Adept Mobile

The Bulldog
02-06-2011, 20:18
Khoop zo dat Fedor een reality check nodig had en nu nog een paar beuk potten laat zien....

Maar met de rechtse van Henderson heeft ie wel gelijk een grote dreiging voor zijn stijl van knokken tegen zich...

Naj85
02-06-2011, 20:21
Oops, hier hele artikel (Zit op iPhone gaat niet zo handig als op Desktop)

Originally Published 4 hours ago
Fedor Emelianenko: Dan Henderson is like a Tornado, but it's all about the match-up
Posted By Anton Gurevich UFC News

MMA legends Fedor "The Last Emperor" Emelianenko and Dan "Hendo" Henderson will meet on July 30th at Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. Emelianenko and Henderson share numerous MMA titles, and are widely considered as two of the most influental fighters in the sport.
Emelianenko is currently 1-2 in his Strikeforce campaign, defeating Brett Rogers but losing to Fabricio Werdum and Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva. "The Last Emperor" holds a fantastic MMA record of 31-3, with victories over Mirko Cro Cop, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Semmy Schilt, Renato Sobral, Mark Coleman, Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski and many others.
Fedor stands at the crossroads of his career, after suffering from a devastating defeat against Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva, earlier this year. Thirty-four year old Russian announced his retirement, but later changed his mind and declared that he will continue fighting. Here's some of the most important quotes from the Russian media over the past weeks, with Fedor Emelianenko talking about what could be the biggest fight of his illustrious MMA career:
Two mistakes in a row is not a coincidence. I didn't want to make the third, so that's why I considered retirement. But then, I discussed the situation with my trainers and my spiritual father. When I returned home, I was fully convinced that it's not the right time to retire, but to continue fighting. Our life is full of crossroads, and we always have to make the right decisions. I have no regrets about staying in the sport, and will continue fighting. - Fedor Emelianenko on his decision to continue fighting, speaking via SportBox.ru.

Dan Henderson is a very exciting fighter; he's a strong wrestler and is very quick with taking the fight from stand-up, down to the ground. He starts in stand-up, but then he attacks like a tornado, often surprising his opponents by putting them on their back. Like I said, Henderson is an exciting fighter. But there were also fights where he had to sweat against a relatively weaker competition. It's all about how you match-up up against your opponent. So yes, Dan Henderson had some fights where things didn't go his way. - Dan Henderson's strengths and weaknesses, via MixFight.ru.

I think that if Fedor loses to Dan Henderson, he will retire from Mixed Martial Arts. And like I said many times before, it will be his decision and we (M-1 Global) have no influence of any kind on whatever he decides to do. It's all up to him.But we hope for the best. Fedor is very motivated, and will be more than ready for this fight. He has a new goal, and is fully concentrated on reaching it. - Vadim Finkelstein about what will happen if Fedor loses to Dan Henderson on July 30th, interview via Championat.ru.

Photo: Fedor Emelianenko speaks at a post-fight press conference at Affliction's "Banned", a mixed martial arts fight at the Honda Center on July 19, 2008 in Anaheim, California. Francis Specker

**Follow us on Twitter!
Url: Tags: COOL 8 POOR

wrestler_nl
02-06-2011, 23:56
Ik hoop echt dat Fedor wint maar deze partij is zo close gematchd het kan beide kanten op gaan!! ik weet echt niet wie er gaat winnen, ik wet alleen dat het een super gevecht wordt!

goro
03-06-2011, 10:21
Heb van een inside bron gehoord dat Fedor geheime technieken heeft geleerd van een zekere Ernesto Hoosto. Hij schhaft zich in het geheim bij in een land waar dat ze zeggen dat ze de beste kickboxers hebben. Ook zijn bjj skills worden onder handen genomen van ondermeer een prioneer van de UFC.

Dus ik denk dat Fedor nu echt niet meer kan verliezen.

Leventdepevent
03-06-2011, 10:30
t is voor t eerst dat ik ook echt niet weet op wie ik moet wedden....normaal was t all-in op fedor maar t kan alle kanten op.....

Kemal
03-06-2011, 10:42
Ik hoop toch wel dat Fedor nu helemaal los gaat..

Niek-S
03-06-2011, 13:03
Ik hoop op een partij a la fedor vs naoya ogawa

amilster
03-06-2011, 14:55
nah kap nou gasten, we hebben het toch wel over DE king van MMA (GOAT) de last emperer Fedor????

All in op Fedor natuurlijk, al loopt iedereen tegen Dan (welke ik ook een zeer goede knokker vind waar ik graag naar kijk) wel het risico op een punchers chance.

Hoop weer vuurwerk te zien van Fedor!!

stiffler
03-06-2011, 15:10
Ik denk dat Vadim Finkelstein gelijk heeft, verliezen zou denk ik wel einde carrière betekenen... Maar wat voor carrière zeg !

Maar goed.. ik hoop dat het niet zover komt, en dat we nog lang mogen genieten van Fedor

justsomeone
03-06-2011, 15:52
Best wel grappigt dat veel mensen zeggen dat het beide kanten op kan gaan.
Als deze partij een jaar geleden was geweest had niemand op Hendo ingezet