PDA

View Full Version : Danyo Ilunga on the way to get Remy Bonjasky 2.0 (Spoiler)

FMACH
12-06-2011, 12:03
Yesterday another big step was made by Danyo Ilunga defending his It`s Showtime 95 Kg Max title vs strong Nenad Pagonis in Poland. The spectators could see Danyo bringing a lots of pressure on Nenad Pagonis in all 4 rounds the fight lasted. In the fourth round Nenad had to take a big right hand that brought him to the canvas. He could get up again but after an 8 count wasn`t really able to recover. After another big shots on Nenad he received a second 8 count and fight was stopped by Joop Ubeda as Nenad was standing KO and therefore Danyo declared old and new It`s Showtime 95 Kg Max titleholder.

Whilst the specators could see a very tactical fight of Danyo vs. Wendell Roche in March, this time it was more going for a real KO from the first round. Danyo, who is trained by Remy Bonjasky (Bonjasky Academy) and Asmir Burgic (Fighting Gym Waldbröl), adapted more to his former style to hunt for KOs with which he succeeded in a lots of fights and within this one in the 4th round.

To win a title is hard but it is even harder to defend it. We will work hard on Danyo`s carreer and see where the train will go. We specially thank to all of our supporters (also VOS Gym) and sponsors like XTFC Fightnutrition, Booster and Fight & Power Dubai.

The fight for people that didn`t see it yet: VIDEO - Nenad Pagonis vs Danyo Ilunga - Its showtime 50 (http://fightnext.com/video/33K9R3DK47HA/Nenad-Pagonis-vs-Danyo-Ilunga--Its-showtime-50)

marcelt
12-06-2011, 21:21
It was a very good win. His opponent was the first and second round pretty dangerous. Despite that I think the Level of Danyo should improve.

FMACH
13-06-2011, 13:21
It was a very good win. His opponent was the first and second round pretty dangerous. Despite that I think the Level of Danyo should improve.

thanks - i think it will improve pretty well, a lot work has to be done but he is on the right way...:-)