PDA

View Full Version : Wlad wants a rematch with David Haye

DAWK1D
03-07-2011, 18:30
Wladimir Klitschko has offered David Haye a rematch after beating the Englishman in Hamburg on Saturday night.

The giant Ukrainian won a unanimous points victory to add Haye's WBA world heavyweight title to the WBO, IBF and IBO belts that he already held.

But Klitschko was annoyed at failing to knock out the Londoner, and appeared further irritated when Haye claimed that the only reason he had not been competitive was that he broke a toe in training three weeks ago.

"I'm still not okay with his behaviour before the fight," Klitschko said as he offered Haye a rematch in the post-bout press conference.

"It's definitely disgraceful to the boxing fans and to the sport of boxing, the way the man behaved himself. Right now after the fight, I think the fight talks for itself.

"He's been criticising all of the opponents and also he's been criticising me for being whatever, cautious, but he was more cautious than any other fighters. He was very fast and I didn't get the real and true challenge that I had the opportunity to knock him out.

"He connected with a couple of punches but I wasn't hurt at any stage of the fight. I continued to fight the way I fought all 12 rounds. He criticised all my opponents but he ended up in the same situation."

Haye had insisted before the fight that he would retire upon turning 31 in October, but after the defeat quickly opened the door to extending his career - and admitted that he is desperate to have another go at his victor once back to full fitness.

"I said I would retire in October, but I would be disappointed to go out on a loss," he said.

"Wladimir boxed the perfect fight. He used his size and reach. I wasn't able to land my shots partly because he has good defence.

"I'd love to fight him when I'm 100 per cent fit. I proved I am a genuine heavyweight champion. I took a few shots and I proved a lot of people wrong"

Danielos
03-07-2011, 18:34
Dan kan Wladimir nog is winnen:)

DAWK1D
03-07-2011, 18:40
Ja hier zit niemand echt op te wachten denk ik..

Vinand
03-07-2011, 18:45
ach ja, zou ik ook zeggen als ik datzelfde bedrag weer zou kunnen winnen :)

DAWK1D
03-07-2011, 18:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZQFp4h42g4

Leventdepevent
03-07-2011, 19:17
hahah hij aast echt op zn 50ste ko he haha

The Bulldog
03-07-2011, 19:41
onzin imo

marcelt
03-07-2011, 20:21
Hij kan beter met pensioen gaan met zo'n zere teen.

Kemal
03-07-2011, 20:43
slecht verliezer die Haye, hoop als die wedstrijd er nog komt dat Wladimir hem dit keer wel KO slaat...

Marco
03-07-2011, 20:55
ik zie haye liever een keer tegen vitali.

D1987
03-07-2011, 21:08
slecht verliezer die Haye, hoop als die wedstrijd er nog komt dat Wladimir hem dit keer wel KO slaat...

Vond hem achteraf wel netjes

micha
03-07-2011, 21:14
Saki heeft aangegeven op twitter te willen BOKSEN tegen Haye

SjorsWilms
03-07-2011, 21:15
Ik zeg: Doen.
Haye KO, houdt zn smoel 4ever. Klischko heeft zn 50ste KO. 50,000 Duitsers kunnen weer zich platzuipen bij die partij. Promoters verdienen geld en ik kan weer een live partij op tv volgen, voor 12en! Iedereen blij :)

Asura
03-07-2011, 21:18
haha die gast blijf zijn teen laten zien xD

SjorsWilms
03-07-2011, 21:18

MMA, nu boksen... Dam laat em gewoon maar gewoon kickboksen, dat kan hij tenminste goed..

(Hij houdt het echt geen 12 ronden vol met Klischko)

Shikoku
03-07-2011, 21:52
Heeft denk ik weinig ermee te maken

Wlad weet nu dat hij Haye makkelijk kan hebben, en Haye boxen is de enige partij waar hij de hoofdprijs voor krijgt. Ik zou ook nog wel eens tegen Haye willen als ik Klitschko was.

Devilprince
03-07-2011, 22:28

omdat hij zijn laatste partijen tegen Brice Guidon,Daniel Ghiţă, Freddy Kemayo
Melvin Manhoef, Singh Jaideep heeft gewonnen denkt hij het tegen haye te kunnen opnemen in een boksmatch, het moet niet gekker worden

appelsap
03-07-2011, 22:51

Mensen zeggen wel meer rare dingen op Twitter tegenwoordig, waar ze later spijt van krijgen...maar leuk dat je het even meldt in deze topic over Klitschko-Haye.

Als Haye wat meer lef toont in de rematch kan ie Klitschko misschien nog wel eens verrassen. Moet wel in de eerste 5 ronden gebeuren.

justsomeone
03-07-2011, 23:07
dus?

Dalton
03-07-2011, 23:09
Leuk artikel van Jeff Meyers:

Pathetic. Disgraceful. Shameful. These are the words that come to mind upon viewing David “The Excusemaker” Haye’s uninspired, horrid performance Saturday evening in Hamburg, Germany against Wladimir Klitschko in a match that unified three of the heavyweight belts (WBA, WBO and IBF). After all the chest-pounding, insults and smack talk that brought David Haye to the pinnacle of his career, Mr. Haye…just…wouldn’t…fight.

It’s as simple as that.

As a result, Haye will pocket millions of dollars and hopefully—for fans of boxing who actually like to see fighters back up their words with actions—make good on his threat to retire from boxing.

For those who didn’t see the fight, it was another in a long series of dominating but somewhat unsatisfying victories obtained by Wladimir Klitschko, with Dr. Steelhammer using his foot movement, stiff jab and height to keep opponents at bay while slowly battering them back into their shells. Klitschko can be legitimately criticizing for not heeding the words of now-exasperated trainer Emmanuel Steward, who unsuccessfully implored his charge to go after the tired, confused and scared Haye and end the thing in the later rounds. Klitschko settled for a unanimous decision win.

But as Wladimir pointed out in an interview following the bout, it’s kind of hard to fight against someone who is so terrified of getting hit that he won’t engage. The way Haye waxed on about how Klitschko was robotic, uninspiring and lacking stones prior to the fight was clearly projection. Haye was content to showboat, preen and throw potshots from across the ring all night as opposed to actually throwing punches. There were no jabs from Haye; the Brit was happy bobbing and weaving all night. Even when Haye actually landed one of his Hayemakers, he wouldn’t follow up and try to inflict more damage.

In light of his pre-fight antics, Haye’s performance is exponentially annoying because he duped millions into believing he had the bottle—English slang for courage—to match his bravado. Not so much.

Whenever a fighter starts looking to the referee for help, I know he’s either in trouble or has no interest in actually fighting. That was Haye: The Excusemaker kept flopping on the canvas every time Klitschko got close to him and clinched. It got so bad that referee Genaro Rodriguez actually had to take the matter into his own hands by interpreting Haye’s eleventh-round blatant pratfall as a knockdown instead of a throw down by Klitschko. It was one of the highlights of the bout and underscored just how impatient the fans and all those who plunked down money to watch the fight must have felt by watching a man fight for three title belts who thought he could actually win without throwing punches.

But the excuses and gripes didn’t end inside the ring. Haye’s whining spilled over into his post-bout interview with Larry Merchant, where we saw Haye actually took the time to remove his right shoe to show he broke his toe a few weeks prior, which adversely affected Haye’s performance since he couldn’t sit down on his punches.

What? Really?

I can only imagine what was going through the heads of Lennox Lewis and George Foreman, who were at the arena in Hamburg, if they saw Haye’s interview. I think it’s fair to say you’d never in a million years see champions like Lewis, Foreman, Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson or Joe Louis refuse to go out on their sword in a heavyweight fight of such magnitude. To say Haye didn’t leave it all out there in the ring Saturday is an understatement. He barely lifted his sword.

Biiyen
04-07-2011, 11:57
Leuk artikel van Jeff Meyers:

Pathetic. Disgraceful. Shameful. These are the words that come to mind upon viewing David “The Excusemaker” Haye’s uninspired, horrid performance Saturday evening in Hamburg, Germany against Wladimir Klitschko in a match that unified three of the heavyweight belts (WBA, WBO and IBF). After all the chest-pounding, insults and smack talk that brought David Haye to the pinnacle of his career, Mr. Haye…just…wouldn’t…fight.

It’s as simple as that.

Artikel klopt van a tot z... Het was ergerlijk om te zien, bijna beschamend. Ik meen dat alleen in ronde 3 of 4 brak het eventjes los en had ik voor 2 a 3 seconde het gevoel dat het duel wellicht was opengebroken. Echter Haye besloot na een paar tikjes weer snel om als een soort van Caleb Starnes door de ring te rennen.

Gelukkig werd het onvermogen later op de nacht ruimschoots gecompenseerd door de UFC! Wat een genot ten-opzichte het boks-gedrocht.

Voor mij hoeft er geen re-match te komen tussen de twee in ieder geval, Haye is wat mij betreft door de mand gevallen. Als je een grote mond hebt dan moet je die ook waar maken, lessen kan hij nemen bij Badr Hari.

Facade
04-07-2011, 12:43
Nouja Haye wil ook een rematch, dus die zal er dan wel komen ook....

Zwaargewichtbokser Haye wil revanche tegen Klitsjko | nu.nl/sport | Het laatste nieuws het eerst op nu.nl (http://www.nu.nl/sport/2555883/zwaargewichtbokser-haye-wil-revanche-klitsjko.html)

Persoonlijk zit ik er niet op te wachten. Ik verwacht een kopie van het eerste gevecht..