PDA

View Full Version : Chael Sonnen: I don't like the concept of 'selling' a pay-per-view match VIDEO

Devilprince
02-08-2011, 23:35
"I'm not in on the selling side of things. There's a few guys that are, you know, that are actually, they're in on the pay-per-view. You got a guy like Brock Lesnar or Quinton Jackson, there's a few guys who actually have an interest in selling a match. I don't like that. I don't even like the concept, I don't even like to say it as we sit here now because I feel it's dishonest. I feel if you are trying to get somebody to purchase something from you even if it's a fight, and you misrepresented why it is you're fighting or what the conflict is, I just find that's dishonest. And Brian and I, again to use your words of selling a fight, we don't have to have a conflict to sell the fight, it's a number one contenders match. Whoever wins this bout is going to fight for the world title. And that is, again with your word, the selling feature. We don't have to disparage either person to do that. We just find, 'Hey, what is it that's interesting about this match' and that's what it is. The interesting part is the competition itself as opposed to maybe the build up before it. But I don't really get into that and I find it really frustrating when guys do. If you've got something to say and you mean it, say it. But if you don't mean it, don't say it. If I couldn't bite, I wouldn't growl."

Hier is de video waar hij over nog veel andere onderwerpen praat:
Fight Week: UFC 133, Sonnen, ‘Mayhem’ (http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Fight-Week-UFC-133-Sonnen-Mayhem-34461)

Asura
02-08-2011, 23:37
haha, hij trolt mensen hard xD

wrestler_nl
03-08-2011, 01:58
ik hoop echt dat sonnen vs stann geen nr.1 contender gevecht is. Zou mooi zijn als de winnaar van sonnen vs stann tegen de winnaar van belfort vs akiyama vecht voor de nr.1 contender titleshot. En de titleshot daarna de winnaar van bisping vs jason miller

Gilaiir
03-08-2011, 02:17
Cheal moet snel zijn tong verliezen, wa een pis menneke is da zeg! Bah bah.

Mule-Kick
03-08-2011, 12:53
Hij heeft wel gelijk op zich, hoe vaak hebben we niet van die nep opgeklopte beefs gezeen om vervolgens te horen te krijgen dat het was om te verkopen of dat je duidelijk merkt het allemaal maar spel was.

Chael is zelf iig consistent in zn trashtalk richting Silva.

el bastardo
03-08-2011, 13:27
Hij praat net als zijn geliefde president.

Devilprince
03-08-2011, 16:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0osqNJCjPuc