PDA

View Full Version : Cosmo Alexander Signs With Bellator

Pahlavan
02-09-2011, 02:51
CHICAGO, Ill. (September 1, 2011) — After an incredibly successful kickboxing career, lightweight sensation Cosmo “Good Boy” Alexander has signed a long-term promotional agreement with Bellator Fighting Championships and will make his promotional debut at Bellator 52 in Lake Charles, Louisiana on October 1st.

Currently training alongside former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Rashad Evans and K-1 veteran Tyrone Spong in Florida, Alexander is eager to make his presence felt within the MMA community.

“I’m coming to Bellator to put together some devastating knockouts. I want to knock my opponents out with head kicks, elbows and knees in the clinch. I can submit guys now and I’m definitely prepared to fight on the ground, but I’m definitely going to be looking for the knockout when I step inside that Bellator cage.”

Known for his dynamic Muay Thai skills, the 29-year-old striker has over 50 professional kickboxing fights under his belt, along with several of the sport’s most notable championship titles. Previously training out of Mike’s Gym in Amsterdam alongside K-1 veterans Melvin Manhoef and Badr Hari, Alexander holds notable kickboxing knockout victories over Muay Thai legends Naruepol Fairtex and John Wayne Parr.

“I want to fight with the best and I want the Bellator Lightweight World Championship,” said Alexander. “I feel like I’m ready to compete with the best right now, and that’s what I’m coming to Bellator to do. I wouldn't have signed with Bellator if I didn’t feel like I was ready to beat the best fighters in the world. I don’t care who I fight. I’m ready for anyone.”
Joining an impressive list of lightweights that include current Bellator Lightweight Champion Eddie Alvarez, Season 4 Tournament Winner Michael Chandler, explosive knockout artist Patricky Pitbull and World Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champion Rene Nazare, Alexander is eager to show the world what he’s capable of.

“The decision to make Cosmo the latest addition to the Bellator lightweight division was an easy one,” said Bellator Chairman & CEO Bjorn Rebney. “His striking is simply on another level and will give anyone at 155 pounds serious problems. I can’t wait to see Cosmo’s progression in the sport under the Bellator banner.”

Alexander added: “I wanted to make the transition to MMA because I have already won all of the titles in kickboxing,” said Alexander. “I won the ‘King’s Cup Tournament Championship’, which is the biggest Muay Thai tournament in all of Thailand, and I won the championship in ‘It's Showtime’, which is the biggest kickboxing event in all of Europe. I have already accomplished everything I ever wanted to in kickboxing. I’ve fought and beat the biggest names – so now I want to fight with the best fighters in the world in MMA.”
For more information, visit Bellator.com, follow Bellator on Twitter @BellatorMMA or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Bellator (http://www.facebook.com/Bellator)
http://www.bellator.com/ViewArticle.dbm ... =205265081 (http://www.bellator.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=23600&ATCLID=205265081)

Kemal
02-09-2011, 08:55
Hij speelt zich zo weer goed in de kijker, goed nieuws!