PDA

View Full Version : Gokhan Sak Interviewi " I WILL DESTROY EVERYBODY "

NINO²
04-10-2011, 18:18
FIGHTHYPE \\ GOKHAN SAKI: "HEAVYWEIGHT BOXING NOWADAYS IS VERY PITIFUL...I WILL DESTROY EVERYBODY" (http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10913.html)

bananenplukster
04-10-2011, 18:20
GOKHAN SAKI: "HEAVYWEIGHT BOXING NOWADAYS IS VERY PITIFUL...I WILL DESTROY EVERYBODY"
By Percy Crawford | October 04, 2011

"It's been difficult and uncertain how kickboxing will develop in the near future, as well as in a long run. Besides, I feel there isn't a lot of competition for me anymore. I want to develop my skills and possibilities into new heights...Heavyweight boxing nowadays is very pitiful. The Klitschko brothers are very smart guys and very professional athletes. Nevertheless, both of them I will fight and they won't make the 12th round. For me, it is unbelievable how both David Haye and Tomasz Adamek fought their fights. If one of these brothers would dare to fight me, I'll get in the ring in no time. Boxing is really sad nowadays. One of the Klitschko brothers has fought in kickboxing. Watch him on YouTube. You will laugh your butt of. And think how long they would last against me? And in the boxing game, it will be the same thing...boxing requires adjustments in style, intensity, and the way you move. Adapting to this won't be a problem, but needs time and with help from the best in the boxing industry, I'll be able to accomplish this...I will destroy everybody. From a boxing perspective, I reflect on the Mike Tyson fights and how to make it a war with the tall guys. No kicks, no knees, no problem; who dares to fight me," stated K-1 stand-out Gokhan Saki, who made it clear that he too is eager to make the transition from kickboxing to boxing after his rematch with Badr Hari in January. You don't want to miss what else he had to say. Check it out!

PC: How have you been doing, Gokhan?

GS: I am doing very well. After my fight against Brice Guidon, earlier this year, where I won the finals of the Ultimate Glory Tournament, I've taken some time to rest. As you all know, I've recently married my beautiful wife, Aylin, so we're spending some time together. Also, we have opened a beauty salon, which is run by my Aylin. So a lot of things have been going on and life is good.

PC: Sounds like you have been very busy outside of the ring, and you had a busy 2010 my man, fighting 8 times. You've only fought twice in 2011. Why haven't we seen more of Gokhan Saki?

GS: As you all know, K-1 hasn't been in business this year, so I've fought a number of fights for the Ultimate Glory Tournament. Also, my fight against Lachenko was cancelled due to the decision of the mayor from Rotterdam not to allow this event. It's been difficult and uncertain how kickboxing will develop in the near future, as well as in a long run. Besides, I feel there isn't a lot of competition for me anymore. I want to develop my skills and possibilities into new heights.

PC: It started as a rumor, but seems to be official now. You will be fighting Badr Hari in January for "It's Showtime". That's a rematch from a 2004 loss for you.* Is it official yet and is this a rematch you have been wanting?

GS: At the present time, it has been made public that indeed I will fight Badr Hari in January. The fight is official, And as I mentioned earlier, this is the one fight where I feel there is something to prove. Badr is a big name in the industry and I want to show the world my qualities as a fighter. Besides that, it will be the last kickboxing fight of Badr before he moves towards boxing, so I feel the whole world wants to see this fight.

PC: You are 9-1 in your last 10 fights. Your only loss was due to an injury against Alistair Overeem. Where do you rank yourself right know as a kickboxer?

GS: As a kickboxer, considering my qualities, kicking, hand speed, movement and power, I feel I am the best in the world at this moment. Everybody has seen my qualities in the fights against Ghita. I consider Ghita one of the present top dogs in the industry. My fights against Overeem, everybody could see I was fighting the guy with one hand. I had broken my hand in the fights earlier that night. Had I not been injured, I would have destroyed Overeem, and we all know how successful he is in K-1 and MMA. He is probably the most successful fighter at this moment.

PC: Do you think we will ever get kickboxing here in the States? It's been rumored for a long time, but never really came to fruition. Do you see it happening?

GS: I truly don't know.* I think the UFC should pick this up. They have the platform. I am 100% sure USA people would love to see some real fights in between the MMA fights, and I would love to fight for the UFC. This could be a good opportunity to grow their business further. I'd love to fight a big name from the UFC in a stand-up fight. Bring the big guys and I'll destroy them. Brock Lesnar, Anderson Silva, all those guys, bring 'em on.

PC: Ironically, both you and Hari are talking about coming to boxing. When you look at the heavyweight landscape in boxing, what do you think of it?

GS: Heavyweight boxing nowadays is very pitiful. The Klitschko brothers are very smart guys and very professional athletes. Nevertheless, both of them I will fight and they won't make the 12th round. For me, it is unbelievable how both David Haye and Tomasz Adamek fought their fights. If one of these brothers would dare to fight me, I'll get in the ring in no time. Boxing is really sad nowadays. One of the Klitschko brothers has fought in kickboxing. Watch him on YouTube. You will laugh your butt of. And think how long they would last against me? And in the boxing game, it will be the same thing.

PC: Obviously you have great footwork and hand speed. What do you feel will be the toughest kickboxing habits to break coming over to boxing?

GS: Not to kick my opponent when he holds his hands at his waist (laughing). No, seriously, boxing requires adjustments in style, intensity, and the way you move. Adapting to this won't be a problem, but needs time and with help from the best in the boxing industry, I'll be able to accomplish this.

PC: You were very vocal on your Twitter account after the Haye/Klitschko fight. I take it you weren't very impressed?

GS: I've had sleepless nights because of how David Haye fought that fight. It had a total lack of game plan and his only goal was not to get hit. This is not the way to fight big guys. Klitschko's are about the size of Daniel Ghita and Overeem. Boxing, for me, will be much easier because being a smaller fighter...I have to consider the knees of my opponent [in kickboxing], so it's difficult to stay close, but in boxing, close combat will be my safe zone. I will destroy everybody. From a boxing perspective, I reflect on the Mike Tyson fights and how to make it a war with the tall guys. No kicks, no knees, no problem; who dares to fight me?

PC: What would be an ideal situation for you coming over to boxing?

GS: The only right way to do this is to make a connection with the world's top trainers: Freddie Roach, Jeff or Floyd Mayweather, Naazim Richardson. These are names I want to work with. We are now preparing for the fight in January and then we want to move on. The next few months, we are going to make connections with the right people in the boxing industry.

PC: You are very high on the Mayweather's method of training. If possible to work with them, when do you see yourself coming to Las Vegas to do just that?

GS: I feel the Mayweathers would be the perfect guys to work with. We want to go there in February and train there for a number of months and from there on, we want to conquer the world. I want to be heavyweight world champion in at least two of the major boxing bodies.

PC: Best of luck to you with all of your endeavors. I appreciate your time and I hope to have you on more. Is there anything else you want to say in closing my man?

GS: Watch me fight Badr and then keep a close eye on me the next few years. We are gonna shake up the world!

FIGHTHYPE \\ GOKHAN SAKI: "HEAVYWEIGHT BOXING NOWADAYS IS VERY PITIFUL...I WILL DESTROY EVERYBODY" (http://fighthype.com/pages/content10913.html?PHPSESSID=511bce8e0bf8646104ce4f 35fe574df9)

ijsbier
04-10-2011, 18:27
ik ben opgehouden na de eerste alinea, laat m vooral n partijtje tegen Klitschko draaien zou ik zeggen.

Vinand
04-10-2011, 18:31
http://www.vgsr.nl/images/kasten/spuit11.jpg

micha
04-10-2011, 18:45
Saki is een topgozer

bananenplukster
04-10-2011, 18:45
ik ben opgehouden na de eerste alinea, laat m vooral n partijtje tegen Klitschko draaien zou ik zeggen.

Ze zullen nog van een koude kermis thuis komen ze(hari/saki) denken echt dat ze over iedereen heen gaan walsen in het boksen!

Kemal
04-10-2011, 20:37
thanks leuk interview, ben benieuwd!

tidelot
04-10-2011, 20:46
thanks leuk interview, ben benieuwd!

gokhan ik vind je een goeie vechter, probeer eerst maar van een topper te winnen in je eigen spelletje te winnen voor dat je toppers van het boksen gaat uitdagen

Justinian
04-10-2011, 21:52
gokhan ik vind je een goeie vechter, probeer eerst maar van een topper te winnen in je eigen spelletje te winnen voor dat je toppers van het boksen gaat uitdagen
Het is gewoon een spelletje. Je moet dat uitdagen mijns inziens niet zien als een gebrek aan respect. Dit is gewoon zoals het werkt in de bokswereld; jezelf in de picture zetten. Als Gokhan dat niet doet dan zal hij als amateur moeten beginnen en zich op moeten werken. Op deze manier zal hij neem ik aan sneller bij het grote geld zijn. Of het verstandig is om meteen op topniveau in te stromen is een andere vraag, kickboksen is natuurlijk wel iets anders dan boksen.

marcelt
04-10-2011, 21:56
Ik vind Saki een supergoede vechter en ik zou graag zien of hij gelijk heeft, maar aan de andere kant zie ik hem liever in kickboksen. Ik denk ook dat Badr en Saki zichzelf overschatten.

YoMarK
04-10-2011, 22:53
Vind Saki vooral overtuigen door z'n snelle en harde trappen. Daarnaast is hij, net als in het kickboxen, eigenlijk net wat klein voor de zwaargewichten vind ik. Had hem liever in het MMA gezien aangezien hij volgens mij ook al flink wat MMA lesjes heeft meegedraaid.
Maar ik hoop dat hij het gaat redden, geweldige vechter.

GM
04-10-2011, 23:02
GOKHAN SAKI: "HEAVYWEIGHT BOXING NOWADAYS IS VERY PITIFUL...I WILL DESTROY EVERYBODY"
By Percy Crawford | October 04, 2011

"It's been difficult and uncertain how kickboxing will develop in the near future, as well as in a long run. Besides, I feel there isn't a lot of competition for me anymore. I want to develop my skills and possibilities into new heights...Heavyweight boxing nowadays is very pitiful. The Klitschko brothers are very smart guys and very professional athletes. Nevertheless, both of them I will fight and they won't make the 12th round. For me, it is unbelievable how both David Haye and Tomasz Adamek fought their fights. If one of these brothers would dare to fight me, I'll get in the ring in no time. Boxing is really sad nowadays. One of the Klitschko brothers has fought in kickboxing. Watch him on YouTube. You will laugh your butt of. And think how long they would last against me? And in the boxing game, it will be the same thing...boxing requires adjustments in style, intensity, and the way you move. Adapting to this won't be a problem, but needs time and with help from the best in the boxing industry, I'll be able to accomplish this...I will destroy everybody. From a boxing perspective, I reflect on the Mike Tyson fights and how to make it a war with the tall guys. No kicks, no knees, no problem; who dares to fight me," stated K-1 stand-out Gokhan Saki, who made it clear that he too is eager to make the transition from kickboxing to boxing after his rematch with Badr Hari in January. You don't want to miss what else he had to say. Check it out!

PC: How have you been doing, Gokhan?

GS: I am doing very well. After my fight against Brice Guidon, earlier this year, where I won the finals of the Ultimate Glory Tournament, I've taken some time to rest. As you all know, I've recently married my beautiful wife, Aylin, so we're spending some time together. Also, we have opened a beauty salon, which is run by my Aylin. So a lot of things have been going on and life is good.

PC: Sounds like you have been very busy outside of the ring, and you had a busy 2010 my man, fighting 8 times. You've only fought twice in 2011. Why haven't we seen more of Gokhan Saki?

GS: As you all know, K-1 hasn't been in business this year, so I've fought a number of fights for the Ultimate Glory Tournament. Also, my fight against Lachenko was cancelled due to the decision of the mayor from Rotterdam not to allow this event. It's been difficult and uncertain how kickboxing will develop in the near future, as well as in a long run. Besides, I feel there isn't a lot of competition for me anymore. I want to develop my skills and possibilities into new heights.

PC: It started as a rumor, but seems to be official now. You will be fighting Badr Hari in January for "It's Showtime". That's a rematch from a 2004 loss for you.* Is it official yet and is this a rematch you have been wanting?

GS: At the present time, it has been made public that indeed I will fight Badr Hari in January. The fight is official, And as I mentioned earlier, this is the one fight where I feel there is something to prove. Badr is a big name in the industry and I want to show the world my qualities as a fighter. Besides that, it will be the last kickboxing fight of Badr before he moves towards boxing, so I feel the whole world wants to see this fight.

PC: You are 9-1 in your last 10 fights. Your only loss was due to an injury against Alistair Overeem. Where do you rank yourself right know as a kickboxer?

GS: As a kickboxer, considering my qualities, kicking, hand speed, movement and power, I feel I am the best in the world at this moment. Everybody has seen my qualities in the fights against Ghita. I consider Ghita one of the present top dogs in the industry. My fights against Overeem, everybody could see I was fighting the guy with one hand. I had broken my hand in the fights earlier that night. Had I not been injured, I would have destroyed Overeem, and we all know how successful he is in K-1 and MMA. He is probably the most successful fighter at this moment.

PC: Do you think we will ever get kickboxing here in the States? It's been rumored for a long time, but never really came to fruition. Do you see it happening?

GS: I truly don't know.* I think the UFC should pick this up. They have the platform. I am 100% sure USA people would love to see some real fights in between the MMA fights, and I would love to fight for the UFC. This could be a good opportunity to grow their business further. I'd love to fight a big name from the UFC in a stand-up fight. Bring the big guys and I'll destroy them. Brock Lesnar, Anderson Silva, all those guys, bring 'em on.

PC: Ironically, both you and Hari are talking about coming to boxing. When you look at the heavyweight landscape in boxing, what do you think of it?

GS: Heavyweight boxing nowadays is very pitiful. The Klitschko brothers are very smart guys and very professional athletes. Nevertheless, both of them I will fight and they won't make the 12th round. For me, it is unbelievable how both David Haye and Tomasz Adamek fought their fights. If one of these brothers would dare to fight me, I'll get in the ring in no time. Boxing is really sad nowadays. One of the Klitschko brothers has fought in kickboxing. Watch him on YouTube. You will laugh your butt of. And think how long they would last against me? And in the boxing game, it will be the same thing.

PC: Obviously you have great footwork and hand speed. What do you feel will be the toughest kickboxing habits to break coming over to boxing?

GS: Not to kick my opponent when he holds his hands at his waist (laughing). No, seriously, boxing requires adjustments in style, intensity, and the way you move. Adapting to this won't be a problem, but needs time and with help from the best in the boxing industry, I'll be able to accomplish this.

PC: You were very vocal on your Twitter account after the Haye/Klitschko fight. I take it you weren't very impressed?

GS: I've had sleepless nights because of how David Haye fought that fight. It had a total lack of game plan and his only goal was not to get hit. This is not the way to fight big guys. Klitschko's are about the size of Daniel Ghita and Overeem. Boxing, for me, will be much easier because being a smaller fighter...I have to consider the knees of my opponent [in kickboxing], so it's difficult to stay close, but in boxing, close combat will be my safe zone. I will destroy everybody. From a boxing perspective, I reflect on the Mike Tyson fights and how to make it a war with the tall guys. No kicks, no knees, no problem; who dares to fight me?

PC: What would be an ideal situation for you coming over to boxing?

GS: The only right way to do this is to make a connection with the world's top trainers: Freddie Roach, Jeff or Floyd Mayweather, Naazim Richardson. These are names I want to work with. We are now preparing for the fight in January and then we want to move on. The next few months, we are going to make connections with the right people in the boxing industry.

PC: You are very high on the Mayweather's method of training. If possible to work with them, when do you see yourself coming to Las Vegas to do just that?

GS: I feel the Mayweathers would be the perfect guys to work with. We want to go there in February and train there for a number of months and from there on, we want to conquer the world. I want to be heavyweight world champion in at least two of the major boxing bodies.

PC: Best of luck to you with all of your endeavors. I appreciate your time and I hope to have you on more. Is there anything else you want to say in closing my man?

GS: Watch me fight Badr and then keep a close eye on me the next few years. We are gonna shake up the world!

FIGHTHYPE \\ GOKHAN SAKI: "HEAVYWEIGHT BOXING NOWADAYS IS VERY PITIFUL...I WILL DESTROY EVERYBODY" (http://fighthype.com/pages/content10913.html?PHPSESSID=511bce8e0bf8646104ce4f 35fe574df9)

Ik ben een enorme fan van zowel Badr als Gokhan maar ik vrees dat het enige wat ze gaan krijgen daar is een enorm pak op hun flikker.
Zelfs in de 3e of 4e divisie staan 573000 ghetto negers klaar om hun kop eraf te trekken en geloof me dat zijn echt geen kinderachtige jongens.
De wereld top is 2x zo snel en slaat 3x zo hard, ik hoop het van harte maar ik vrees dat zij daar net zoveel te zoeken hebben als andersom.

MadMike
04-10-2011, 23:11
Jezus... Ben echt een fan van Saki en ik ben het eens dat je jezelf tegenwoordig moet hypen om voor het grote geld te kunnen vechten MAAR.. Je kunt het ook overdrijven..... Hij heeft nog niet eens topbokstraining gehad en roept al om de kampioenen.. Bewaar deze dingen tot je er echt klaar voor bent, als je echt zo goed bent kom je er vanzelf! Hoe dan ook ik hoop dat het nog even duurt en we Saki nog een tijdje zien kickboksen!

MaTo
05-10-2011, 04:59
Gewoon blijven kickboxen!

blade
05-10-2011, 06:59
is niks meer te verdienen met kickboxen vandaar dat ze deze stap maken.maar goed boksen wordt denk ik onderschat:fp:

Harrie Nak
05-10-2011, 08:23
Hypen ok, maar waar haalt Saki het recht op zulke praatjes vandaan? Win eerst maar eens wat, en probeer het dan nog eens zou ik zeggen.

Mattie73
05-10-2011, 09:12
De wereld top is 2x zo snel en slaat 3x zo hard, .

Haha, jij bent grappig zeg. Geloof me, de snelheid van Badr en Saki en de hardheid waar ze mee slaan, daar kunnen weinig boksers aan tippen. Sterker nog, als we de 'handspeed' van de Klitschko broers gaan vergelijken met die van Badr en Saki, dat is als het vergelijken van een lada met een porsche. Badr en Saki staan juist bekend als zwaargewichten die de snelheid hebben van lichte middengewichten.

Als je het nou over bokstechnische aspecten had gehad, dan had ik je gelijk gegeven. Op dat gebied lopen Badr en Saki natuurlijk jaren achter. Maar toch niet op snelheid of hard stoten.

rafi
05-10-2011, 10:44
ik heb een paar weken terug, een pol zien vechten voor de wereld titel tegen een van de klitschkos als dat de weleld top moet voorstellen begrijp ik wel waarom badr en saki die overstap willen maken.

Devilprince
05-10-2011, 11:28
Haha, jij bent grappig zeg. Geloof me, de snelheid van Badr en Saki en de hardheid waar ze mee slaan, daar kunnen weinig boksers aan tippen. Sterker nog, als we de 'handspeed' van de Klitschko broers gaan vergelijken met die van Badr en Saki, dat is als het vergelijken van een lada met een porsche. Badr en Saki staan juist bekend als zwaargewichten die de snelheid hebben van lichte middengewichten.

Als je het nou over bokstechnische aspecten had gehad, dan had ik je gelijk gegeven. Op dat gebied lopen Badr en Saki natuurlijk jaren achter. Maar toch niet op snelheid of hard stoten.

of badr en saki volgens jou nou sneller zijn of niet, Haye alleen al is natuurlijk veel sneller dan hun en we hebben gezien wat er met hem gebeurde

respect
05-10-2011, 14:25
Jullie doen net als of ze van het ballet af komen zo een gat zit er tussen. Ze hebben allebei de power om te boksen, ja techniek kan je wat aan doen.. lijkt me sterk dat ze daar al niet mee bezig zijn. Die jongens hebben gewoon aanleg daar voor.

Kameleon
05-10-2011, 19:56
Tja, het is toch echt wat anders dat boksen. Maar Saki heeft kwaliteit genoeg. Wordt in ieder geval spektakel.

Pansier
05-10-2011, 22:01
Ik zeg 100% marketing dit. Slim!

Leventdepevent
05-10-2011, 22:10
Hypen ok, maar waar haalt Saki het recht op zulke praatjes vandaan? Win eerst maar eens wat, en probeer het dan nog eens zou ik zeggen.
x2 en dat terwijl ik een groot fan ben van de KICKbokser Saki

Fan1976
05-10-2011, 22:21
Ik zeg 100% marketing dit. Slim!

100% is wel veel, maar jij begrijpt het tenminste. Je kan beter hoog inzetten dan eerst 40 partijen tegen vervallen of onbekende partij te draaien. Die tijd hebben we niet. Maar niks is concreet, alles is nog mogelijk, zowel boksen, als kickboxen als mma. Of het nou met GG is of zonder GG enz enz enz. Binnen eerste drie maanden na 28 januari zal wel bekend worden welke koers er gevaren wordt. Ik weet niet waar die kritiek uitende mensen zich zo druk om maken. Waarschijnlijk mag je in nederland je doelen niet hoog hebben zitten (doe normaal want dan doe je al gek genoeg idee).

Ik zeg schijt aan ze, geloof in je zelf. Uiteindelijk ben jij degene die de rekeningen moet betalen.

Mattie73
05-10-2011, 22:52
100% is wel veel, maar jij begrijpt het tenminste. Je kan beter hoog inzetten dan eerst 40 partijen tegen vervallen of onbekende partij te draaien. Die tijd hebben we niet. Maar niks is concreet, alles is nog mogelijk, zowel boksen, als kickboxen als mma. Of het nou met GG is of zonder GG enz enz enz. Binnen eerste drie maanden na 28 januari zal wel bekend worden welke koers er gevaren wordt. Ik weet niet waar die kritiek uitende mensen zich zo druk om maken. Waarschijnlijk mag je in nederland je doelen niet hoog hebben zitten (doe normaal want dan doe je al gek genoeg idee).

Ik zeg schijt aan ze, geloof in je zelf. Uiteindelijk ben jij degene die de rekeningen moet betalen.

X2

Mister T.
06-10-2011, 09:50
Had ze liever MMA in zien gaan eigenlijk. Vind kickboksen en MMA gewoon 10 keer zo mooi om te zien dan alleen boksen:)

MaTo
06-10-2011, 11:15
Had ze liever MMA in zien gaan eigenlijk. Vind kickboksen en MMA gewoon 10 keer zo mooi om te zien dan alleen boksen:)

x2 vandaar , Blijven kickboxen! Puur egoisme omdat ik ze dat liever zie doen.. :)