PDA

View Full Version : King Mo vs. Rampage Jackson very possible when UFC returns to Japan

basblue
08-10-2011, 22:47
From the very moment Zuffa purchased Strikeforce, UFC executives have been slowly stripping away the top fighters from the Showtime promotion. Three of their current title holders are already scheduled to battle inside the octagon within the next three months and now even some of their past champions like Cung Le have even made the move over. King Mo Lawal is no exception.

Rumors have surfaced that his next fight could very well be under the UFC banner and if you ask him who he thinks the perfect opponent to make his octagon debut against is - He'll tell you flat out: Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. With that being said combined with both fighter's history overseas in the "Land of the Rising Sun", King Mo could very well be set for a February 2012 date against Rampage when the UFC makes its long awaited, much anticipated return to Japan.

"Rampage can talk all that noise, but I'm gonna take his spot. I'm gonna put his bitch ass on the B-Team...His punk ass wants to say I won't stand up and box him. I will box him with the little gloves on. I'll box him. The thing is, I can take him down. He can't stop my takedowns, you know what I'm saying? Trust me. But I can make it interesting and embarrass him at his own game and stand with him. I can hit him with a wide left hook or an overhand right and what's he gonna do? He has no jab; I don't have nothing to worry about. He punches slow, he is heavy-footed, and the worst thing is after the fight, he sounds like William Joppy. It's a damn shame to dick ride the person that beat him; ol' ho ass!

The ever lasting beef between Mo and Rampage seems to keep escalating more and more, especially when each one is asked about the other by the media. King Mo had a stellar performance just recently against Roger Gracie where he won in devastating knockout fashion and although he was happy with the win and his overall performance, he is always trying to improve and add skills. He believes that he is steadily getting better while Rampage is the same dog with the same tricks. Mo's fight against Gracie was the last one on his current contract with Strikeforce and he is scheduled for release from the promotion in February 2012 - the same month the UFC is planning on making their return to Japan, a country where Mo has a lot of history and a lot of fans. The King makes it very clear that he wants to battle Rampage just as bad as Rampage wants to battle him, as was eluded to in a Jackson post UFC 135 interview.*
"So I hear he wants to box... yeah! good success at being a punching bag. He got head movement and slow feet (laughing). The thing is, Rampage was athletic, but when he started saying that shit, "I'm not an athlete, I'm a fighter," that's when he lost it all. When he started trying to be a fighter, he lost it. We all grew up fighting, so we know how to do that, but you gotta be an athlete too. He just shows up and tries to throw big punches, but he is not an athlete anymore.""They would jab him, then adjust; they will circle, they will hit him in the body, and then jab, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab and jab. And then when he gets tired, they will get him out of there. They game plan in every sport. Every sport, even track and field, they game plan. Man, that dude an idiot, man. He stupid and the fans that believe him are as dumb as he is!"

Whether his next opponent is Rampage Jackson or not, King Mo is readying himself for the best of the best fighting under the UFC banner. Once a guy who was not taking his sport as seriously as he should have been, Mo has found a new dedication to training and improving his all around game, much like the motivation and drive he had as a very accomplished and decorated colligate wrester. The UFC light heavyweight division needs some new faces and some thicker competition and King Mo plans on being a force to be reckoned with when he has his opportunity to step inside the octagon.*
"I'm back in the gym, dawg. I'm training with Cung Le and Cain Velasquez, and then when I'm done helping them, it's off to see my other coaches, you know what I'm saying?""Hey mayne, to all of my fans and everybody trying to do something positive, y'all keep on doing what y'all doing and if you see a hater, slap his ass!"

D1987
09-10-2011, 11:59
Nooit echt voorstander van Rampage geweest, maar Queen Mo mag hij van mij wel slopen.

wrestler_nl
10-10-2011, 01:11
Niet geinteresseerd in King Mo vs Rampage, ik zie veel liever Rampage vs Griffin rematch in Japan!

Pahlavan
12-10-2011, 19:29
Now that "King" Mo Lawal (http://www.mmafighting.com/tag/MoLawal/) is just a few months away from the end of his Strikeforce (http://www.mmafighting.com/strikeforce/) contract, he's begun to eye a future in the UFC (http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc) and a potential opponent to start things off against.

Not surprisingly, that opponent is Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, who enjoys poking fun at the man he calls "King Ho" in interviews, recently telling our own Ariel Helwani (http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/09/25/quinton-rampage-jackson-on-ufc-135-performance-i-choked/), "I'll fight that chump."

Lawal had it out with Jackson in a heated conversation captured on video two years ago, and the two have chipped away at each other several times since in interviews and over Twitter. Now Lawal says he'd like to meet Jackson at the UFC's event in Japan (http://www.mmafighting.com/japan/) this February, when his Strikeforce contract is conveniently set to expire, but Jackson seems less thrilled about the prospect, according to Lawal.

"This fool Rampage calls me out, and then people get mad when I respond? He's a b---h in my eyes, because he didn't respond. Maybe he'll respond later, but the word is he wants to fight [Mauricio] 'Shogun' [Rua]. That's whatever. But he called me out, so I'm going to respond," Lawal told MMA (http://www.mmafighting.com/) Fighting.

As Lawal pointed out, Rua already has a fight scheduled with Dan Henderson (http://www.mmafighting.com/fighter/dan/henderson/129/) for November. If Jackson really wants to fight in front of the Japanese fans when the UFC heads to Tokyo, he could do a lot worse than to take on Lawal, who also has a strong following across the Pacific.

But, Lawal insisted, he wouldn't even be setting his sights on Jackson if the former UFC champ hadn't taken a shot at him in a recent interview.

"When's the last time you heard me mention Rampage's name before he mentioned mine?" said Lawal. "I don't care about him. He wasn't even on my radar. But now, he wants to say something about me, he's on my radar now. We're going to bang eventually."

As for whether it will happen in Japan, and whether Lawal's next fight will really be in the UFC rather than Strikeforce, he admitted he had "no idea."

"Who knows? We'll see. My contract is up in February. ...I'd like to fight, but I have no idea."

lopez86
12-10-2011, 20:17
Zeker een dikke partij.
Die 2 mogen elkaar echt niet.
Das altijd goed.