PDA

View Full Version : Dana White: The grass won't be greener for 'Rampage' Jackson in boxing

Devilprince
11-10-2011, 17:08
Dana White:
I had seen somewhere that he said it. I don't care. He's under contract. He's not boxing until ... I mean, if he wants to box when his contract is up, that's up to him. You hear [boxing promoter] Bob [Arum] out there: 'Yeah, they don't pay their guys anything.' Rampage got paid for his last fight, trust me. A lot of money. Bob Arum pays guys $600 on his cards. We've never paid a guy that, ever. We've only been around ten years, Bob's been promoting fights for 120 years ... He'll find out when he starts boxing that [running from opponents is] pretty much the game these days. The game is: Let's step in there and do everything we can do avoid a fight, so we can get on to the next payday. No matter where you are, no matter what you do, you're always going to have guys chirping about something. Rampage thought the movie business was the answer to all his fucking dreams and that didn't work out too good. The pay over there wasn't what he thought it was, the pay over here was a lot better. A lot better. The grass is always greener until it's not there any more, and then you realize you made a lot of mistakes and you should have done things differently."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM0-wloxVoE&feature=player_embedded