PDA

View Full Version : Dana White: Chael Sonnen Will Face Anderson Silva

basblue
20-10-2011, 20:51
http://www.themmanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/sonnen.bmp
Fans who watched the UFC 136 main card won’t soon forget the “Loser leaves town” speech that UFC middleweight Chael Sonnen gave after his impressive submission win over Brian Stann on October 8th.

Sonnen issued a challenge to fight UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva on Super Bowl weekend saying that if he loses he’ll leave the UFC forever, but if he wins Silva has to leave the 185 lbs division.

‘The Spider’ was in fact in the audience at the Houston, Texas event putting his hand over his mouth and offering a smile for the camera. Silva, nor his camp, have talked anything close to accepting the bout or it’s terms leaving at this time.

Whether Sonnen was serious or not (when is he really?), the former No. 1 contender has now come out to say the deal is now off the table during an appearance on Jim Rome’s national radio show (transcription via ESPN.com).

“That offer was good when I made it, but it’s like any offer, they’ve got to expire. Apparently, that didn’t work. I’m doing anything I can to lure him out … [If] he wanted to accept that offer, all he needed to do was nod to me, or have one of his handlers come into the back and say ‘Anderson accepts.’ He did the exact opposite. He went to the media and said ‘I do not want to fight that guy.’ So what can I do? Now I have to come up with a new offer.”

Eventually whether this fight happens or not, will be up to UFC President Dana White to make happen. Fans are certainly clamoring to see the rematch of their UFC 117 bout, to see if Sonnen can dominate the fight once again, or whether or not Silva can pull out another last second victory.

XanaduNL
20-10-2011, 21:16
Niet echt nodig om zo aanbod terug te trekken. Maar Silva zal er toch niet op ingaan, dus hij kan wellicht wat anders bedenken inderdaad.

el bastardo
20-10-2011, 22:29
Ook een manier om een gevecht te hypen...

Soulbringer320
20-10-2011, 22:34
Ik denk trouwens wel dat Chael op dit moment de enigste is die Anderson kan stoppen.

justsomeone
21-10-2011, 00:38
Ik denk trouwens wel dat Chael op dit moment de enigste is die Anderson kan stoppen.

dat denk ik ook ja, en ik heb zo`n voorgevoel dat hij hem ook gaat pakken

basblue
21-10-2011, 12:53
Ik heb zo'n voorgevoel dat Sonnen het weer niet gaat redden. Silva gaat deze rematch serieuzer oppakken dan de vorige keer. Ik had het idee dat Silva aan het inkakken was na een reeks van easy wins... En dat Sonnen daarom dichtbij was.. En Silva heeft mi meer capaciteiten. Daarnaast zie ik Silva niet op KO of Sub verliezen. Alleen op beslissing...

Ik denk: Sonnen 25% kans, Silva 75%..

elpappi
21-10-2011, 13:08
Silva wins by pimp hand!
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0902/steven-seagal-steven-seagal-pimp-hand-look-of-deah-aikido-ac-demotivational-poster-1235826055.gif

basblue
29-10-2011, 23:19
Anderson Silva believes Chael Sonnen tarnishes MMA’s image with his antics. | Photo: Sherdog.com

UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva on Friday broke his silence in regards to archrival Chael Sonnen and his call for a rematch, as he appeared on “De Frente Com Gabi,” one of the most important talk shows in Brazil.

After he submitted Brian Stann with a second-round arm-triangle choke at UFC 136 in Houston on Oct. 8, Sonnen immediately took aim at Silva and postured for a second bout with the longstanding champion. Silva overcame a four-round deficit to submit the brash Team Quest product with a dramatic fifth-round triangle choke at UFC 117 in August 2010. Afterward, Sonnen was suspended by the California State Athletic Commission for suspected use of performance-enhancing drugs.

Silva did not mince words.

“He does not deserve to fight me,” he said. “I didn’t get where I am by being arrogant or teasing someone. In this business, there is no room for it. The most important thing is he couldn’t beat me. He also got caught doping, which is worse.”

In the interview, scheduled to air publicly on Sunday, Silva also criticized the over-the-top approach Sonnen has embraced in pushing himself and promoting fights. The 36-year-old Brazilian has won a record 14 consecutive bouts inside the Octagon and has held the 185-pound title for more than five years.

“He just tarnishes the image of the sport with his provocative ways,” Silva said. “I do not think he should be in this sport because he doesn’t have any emotional control.”

waarel
29-10-2011, 23:21
Vind ik ook, daarom moeten ze Sonnen tegen Toquinho zetten.

basblue
10-11-2011, 17:32
Here it is, straight from the horse’s mouth. In an interview with Jim Rome, Dana White confirms that Chael Sonnen will in fact get his rematch against Anderson Silva. The only question is when. It’s not confirmed, but it sounds like they’re going to get that worked out this week.

Dana White Confirms Chael Sonnen Will Get Anderson Silva Rematch (http://www.mmaconvert.com/2011/11/09/dana-white-confirms-chael-sonnen-will-get-anderson-silva-rematch/)

The Bulldog
10-11-2011, 17:40
hoop dat Silva nu ff in standje kill gaat en echt een vette buek partij komt met mooie takedowns...maar

een win voor de brazilliaan....

Naj85
10-11-2011, 17:40
Geweldig nieuws, las het op mma underground
Verdient wel een aparte topic (of de topic titel veranderen als dat nog kan)

Kemal
10-11-2011, 18:20
titel veranderd! ;)

cholitzu
10-11-2011, 18:20
“He does not deserve to fight me,” he said. “I didn’t get where I am by being arrogant or teasing someone. In this business, there is no room for it. The most important thing is he couldn’t beat me. He also got caught doping, which is worse.”

“He just tarnishes the image of the sport with his provocative ways,” Silva said. “I do not think he should be in this sport because he doesn’t have any emotional control.”

Die kwal verdiend echt geen 2e kans. Snap ook niet dat white hem dat gunt. Maar zal wel met kijkcijfers t emaken hebben.

deco'o
10-11-2011, 18:26
dit is de partij waar ik het meest naar uitkijk, grootste rematch ooit
AS zou dit zomaar kunnen verliezen

Kemal
10-11-2011, 18:26
Dana White: Chael Sonnen Will Face Anderson Silva (http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/11/10/dana-white-chael-sonnen-will-face-anderson-silva/)

PinPoint
10-11-2011, 18:29
Kwal of niet.........in de ring is hij een beest die Anderson (hoop ik) dit keer echt volledig afmaakt.....sportief gezien natuurlijk :)

-=AL CAPONE=-
10-11-2011, 19:44
Zat Sonnen niet aan de anabolen de vorige partij tegen Silva?

Ik denk dat Silva dit keer beter voorbereid is en Sonnen dit keer te grazen neemt!

WAR SILVA!!!

universele
10-11-2011, 20:40
Indd sonnen zonder troep tegen een beter voorbereide silva.
Silva voor de win en ik hoop ergens eind 2e of in de 3e ronde.
Met een KO!