PDA

View Full Version : Alan Belcher Earns Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt

basblue
26-10-2011, 21:01
http://www.fiveknuckles.com/assets/images/fighters/alan_belcher.jpg
While your typical fan would certainly consider Alan “The Talent” Belcher (17-6) a Muay Thai striker by trade, there are many technical layers to the 6’2” middleweight contender. The proof is in the pudding, and this particular pudding just so happens to manifest itself in the form of a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt.

Belcher has been a student of the grappling art for thirteen years. After countless hours on the mat, Belcher’s longtime instructor, Helio Soneca has awarded the Roufusport product with his black belt.

"It's an honor to earn a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, a martial art I've trained in for nearly half of my life," states Belcher. "It is made much more special by the fact that I am included such a limited number of Mississippi residents, as well as the first in the Gulf Coast region, to earn the black belt."

Alan, whose striking has become a feared commodity, holds five (seven are listed on his ledger, though two of those finishes came as a result of strikes) official career submission victories.

While Belcher's next bout has yet to be booked, many pundits predict a collision with former "The Ultimate Fighter" winner, Court McGee, as both are now traveling a fast track toward a title shot having each pieced together three fight win streaks for the UFC.