PDA

View Full Version : Interview Mousid Akhamrane

pavani
09-11-2011, 09:38
http://liverkick.com/images/stories/mousid-gym-007.jpg
bron: Liverkick.com | Dave Walsh
[/URL]
Liverkick: Thanks for taking the time to talk to us, go ahead and introduce yourself for those who aren't familiar.
Mousid: I'am Mousid Akhamrane former Dutch, European and World champion. In my fighting career i had 83 fights and i won 72 of those fights. From 6 of my 11 losses i took revanche and won the second fight. After winning those 12 titles, there was no fighting spirit anymore, but i wanted to help the youth and i started my own gym in 1989. Since that day i put all of my energy in the gym and i think we do well.

Liverkick: What were your thoughts on the recent Thai Fight Extreme card that you had fighters participating in?
Mousid: It was already sometime ago but it was a great event, we had a good time over there and i have mixed feelings about the results. Of course i'm happy with the win from Mosab, i looked back his match against Ibrahim Chiahou and at the end it was a fair result and Mosab deserve the win. That night we had also Hafid El Boustati fighting against Mickael Piscitello and in my opinion Hafid didn't get enough in this match.
The first round was for Mickael but the second en third round Hafid was making the fight, he delivered & launded heavy punches and was dominating the fight, the only thing Mickael did was running away and searching the clinch, for the jury enough to get the victory. I'am still disappointed about it, maybe it was like this. The winner of this match should fight Buakaw and it is better for him to fight Michael instead of Hafid. Hafid is a dangerous fighter because he is powerful and quite complete, so there is always a change that he is gonna knock you out with one punch. I am still searching one the internet to find this match but i cannot find it. All the other fights you can find back except this fight what is strange for me. But Hafid showed the people in Thailand that he is capable to fight the best and the crowd enjoyed his fight. There will be one day that Hafid will meet Buakaw inside the ring. Anyway at the end we had a very good time over there and none of the fighters get injured, both Hafid & Mosab are back in training again.

Liverkick: Mosab is fighting for Thai Fight again soon, how are his preparations going for that?
Mousid: Mosab is doing well, trained hard today and i give him "2 days off" after the training this morning. I don't want to see him in the dojo, he needs to rest. He trains very hard, is injury free, and he is looking very eager, day by day he is getting sharper. As a trainer i do do a lot of padswork and i see/feel that Mosab is hungry. On the other hand it is sad that the event is replaced three times, but if you see the circumstances over there, there is a possibility that the event will be moved again, i hope the circumstances will change very soon for the people in Thailand.
For this reason we had to change the trainings schedule from Mosab overall i'am very satisfied about the preparation so far. This gonna be a match many fans have been waiting for so long. A fight between two of the best Europian fighters, fighting in Bangkok for the Final of the Thai Fight event.18 December Mosab will fight for the It's Showtime worldtitle against Denis Schneidmiller. Hafid will fight also at this It's Showtime event against a former student from me Khalid Bourdif, i'am sure that this gonna be a awesome fight for sure.

Liverkick: Mosab vs. Fabio is kind of a clash between two well known gyms, what do you know about Team NAS-R.K.
Mousid: Thank you for the compliment, it is true that Team NAS-R.K. is a very good gym. head-coach Nasser Kacem is an old fighter himself, former French champion. His understanding is very good, he got a good view and he delivers the best fighters in French. I know they train a lot in Thailand, they have also a trainer from Thailand. The fighters from Team NAS-R.K. also fights in Thailand. But i don't see it like a competition between two gyms.

Liverkick: How about the rest of your fighters, do any have an upcoming fights?
Mousid: Yes i have a very busy schedule right now, for example Ilyasse & Rachid will fight in South America - La Réunion. We have to leave 7 November, about 12 hours flight from Amsterdam. Than we have Hicham fighting in the finale of the Taftnet cup, so we are busy as usual.

Liverkick: I've heard that your gym has moved before and has moved again somewhat recently, do you think this time is for good?
Mousid: Again you are right, during the summer we made another move, but this time we stay here and day by day the gym is getting better and better. This gym is smaller but there are better facilities and it is also located in Amsterdam East. We work hard to get everything ready before the end of the year. This gym gives us new opportunities and it feels already like home again.

Liverkick: We've heard that you have also added a high level boxing instructor at Mousid Gym, care to elaborate?
tMousid: We have Martin Jansen for this, Martin works individual with the fighters and besides that he gives lessons. Right now Martin is very busy with the Belgium/Italian boxer Ermano Fegatilli. Ermano will defend his EBU boxing title soon. Martin already proofed himself as a toptrainer and for example he is also the boxing trainer from Nick Frese. We also work with K1 fighters or MMA fighters they come over on a regular base to train at Mousid Gym i cannot tell the names of those fighters but believe me they are very well know. And of course we have other gyms that come over to train here. Actually right now we have a couple of Spanish fighters over to train. They prepare them self for the upcoming It's Showtime event at the Canary Islands. In the 60 till 76 kg class, we have so many great fighters that those gyms decide to come over, because the high level of opponents in our gym.

Liverkick: We also spoke with Youness a bit for the site, and have been talking to him a bit lately and his frustrations with getting fights, what can you tell me about Youness?
Mousid: Yes Youness El Mhassani is a very talented fighter, he was about 16 years when he enters the gym for the first time and he never went away. As a fighter he is very dangerous because you never know what he is gonna do, he is incalculable and that makes him a danger fighter for everybody. Youness is complete, he know how to use his legs, arms and has very good reflexes. It is a pity that he doesn't get the fights he deserve, last week he got the offer to fight Simon Marcus at TheMPL, but this was above Youness his weight, he fight from 72.5 till 77.5 kg. Youness is good enough to fight with the top of the world, and i hope next year he will get the change to show the world his skills. I'am sure you gonna enjoy his fights.

Liverkick: Thank you very much, Mousid, we appreciate you taking this time with us.
Mousid: Of course you are welcome, one more thing. Since a while our good friends from AFAV arrange high quality boot-camps for professional fighters and through their mediation i work already with some MMA/UFC fighters to improve their stand up skills. If you want to visit Mousid-Gym and train with champions like Fikri Tijarti, Mosab Amrani, Youness El Mhassani or Nordin El Otmani, please contact [email protected] or check [U]www.afav.info (http://liverkick.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1016:liverkickcom-interviews-mousid-akhamrane-mousidgym&catid=43:interviews) and they will arrange everything for you.I hope to see you once in our gym and follow our gym on twitter: @mousidgym or Mosab "The Jaguar" Amrani: @mosabjaguar