PDA

View Full Version : Hey! WING CHUN in MMA

gallade17
30-12-2011, 14:26
Hey guys, My name is Dimitris and I'm from Greece. I'll move to Breda in september 2012 and I would like to find some information here. I speak perfect dutch but I can't write it well so I write in English.

I train Wing chun Kung fu in Greece and I'm looking for either a wing chun community or an MMA school to train with as soon as I arrive. I've heard about places where you train 1-2 ours a week but I'm looking for a serious training session (6-8 ours a week). Also, looking for members in Breda to train with in evening ours. Anyone here from Breda? :D

PS: I don't have a background in MMA, so I'm a complete begginner (I know some grapling hold though)

Nice to join this forum guys!!

Jeru
30-12-2011, 14:38
Not really in Breda but in Amsterdam there is a school with MMA and Weng Chun: MAA-Amsterdam (http://www.maa-amsterdam.nl/)

Rings of Glory
30-12-2011, 14:42
Golden Glory Breda?

gallade17
30-12-2011, 14:54
I've heard that you can't join golden glory Breda without a good background in MMA

chickenwing
30-12-2011, 20:20
wing chun in mma ? i havent seen it yet and i dont think i will see it anytime soon .its totally different ballgame so i would advice since you moving to holland to take babysteps and start with our very good standup pedigree and then slowly advance with bjj and if you can find it some wrestling technigues then after that mastered you could maybe be the first one to mix some wing chun technigues in your mma game , good luck!

ZakKa!
30-12-2011, 20:29
Good luck I hope it will be a fun and learnful experience for you.

MarcDeurloo
30-12-2011, 21:01
At MAA-Amsterdam they teach Weng Chun that's different from Wing Chun!!