PDA

View Full Version : UFC on FX 1: Guillard vs. Miller Results **Spoiler**

Kemal
21-01-2012, 05:30
Main Card
Jim Miller def. Melvin Guillard via submission (rear-naked choke)
Josh Neer def. Duane Ludwig via submission (guillotine)
Mike Easton def. Jared Papazian via majority decision
Pat Barry def. Christian Morecraft via first-round KO

Undercard
Jorge Rivera def. Eric Schafer via second-round TKO
Khabib Nurmagomedov def. Kamal Shalorus via third-round submission (RNC)
Charlie Brenneman def. Daniel Roberts via unanimous decision
Fabricio Camoes def. Tommy Hayden via first-round submission (RNC)
Daniel Pineda def. Pat Schilling via first-round submission (RNC)
Nick Denis def. Joseph Sandoval via first-round KO

Kemal
21-01-2012, 05:40
Jorge Rivera Wins, Announces His Retirement From the UFC

Jorge Rivera is going out a winner.

In the 29th fight of his mixed martial arts career, Rivera won by second-round technical knockout over Eric Schafer at Friday night's UFC on FX event. And Rivera announced that when he walked out of the Octagon, it would be the last time.

"I'm grateful I fought in front of a lot of great people," Rivera said afterward. "It's been a real nice trip. It's been good for me. Thank you."

It appeared in the first round like Rivera would go out a loser: Schafer took him down and got the better of him for most of the first round, and Rivera was struggling to get any offense going as Schafer controlled the fight.

But in the second round Rivera turned things around by pulling free of a low single-leg takedown attempt and jumping on top of Schafer on the ground. Once he got on top, Rivera did what he has done in many of his best UFC performances, simply hitting his opponent in the head until the fight was over. Rivera's ground and pound was impressive, and Schafer didn't have an answer for it.

Rivera, who will turn 40 next month, retires with a career record of 20-9. He's had an honorable MMA career, and he left it with a win, receiving a loud ovation and walking out of the Octagon with a grin on his face.

Kemal
21-01-2012, 05:42
Pat Barry Knocks Out Christian Morecraft

In a tremendous come-from-behind victory, Pat Barry knocked out Christian Morecraft on Friday night's UFC on FX card.

It was a left hook that knocked Morecraft down, and Barry quickly jumped on him and finished him off with a few more punches. Herb Dean was a little late stepping in to stop the fight; Morecraft was definitely out, just 3 minutes, 38 seconds into the first round.

The knockout punch was sudden and unexpected, as Morecraft had controlled most of the fight prior to that. But Barry has always been a lethal kickboxer, and it was no surprise that once he connected with a hard shot, there was nothing left for Morecraft to do.

Morecraft caught a Barry kick and took him down just 20 seconds into the first round, and he quickly moved into mount on the ground. But Barry showed off some tremendous leg strength in standing up with Morecraft still on top of him and then shrugging Morecraft off.

After a brief exchange on the feet Morecraft took Barry down again and appeared to have an arm bar sunk in, but Barry did an excellent job of pulling free and getting back to his feet, where he landed that fight-changing punch.

The win improves Barry's career record to 7-4. Morecraft falls to 7-3.

Kemal
21-01-2012, 05:43
Mike Easton Beats Jared Papazian

In a highly entertaining bantamweight bout, Mike Easton took a hard-fought majority decision over Jared Papazian at Friday night's UFC (http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc) on FX event.

"He's a tough dude," Easton said of Papazian after the fight. "I knew he was going to be tough. He was the champ back in the division he was at. I knew he was going to come and show up and all we wanted to do was give a show to the fans. And we wrecked. We fought tonight."

The fight got off to a great start as both men clinched with one hand and punched with the other, a la Don Frye vs. Yoshihiro Takayama, in the first 30 seconds. The entire first round was fought standing up, with both men landing hard strikes and putting on a good show. I had Easton winning a close first round.

The second round was more of the same until the final minute, when Easton got the first takedown of the fight and did a little damage on the ground, and although Papazian got back to his feet for a moment, they went right back down and Easton finished the round on top. Easton was likely up two rounds to none at the end of the second.

In the third Easton and Papazian traded some of their hardest punches yet, and Papazian showed a lot of heart and continued throwing to the final bell, but Easton had won. The judges scored it 30-27, 29-28 and a bizarre score of 29-29, with Easton winning by majority decision.

The win improves Easton's record to 12-1. Papazian falls to 14-7.

Kemal
21-01-2012, 05:44
Josh Neer Chokes Out Duane Ludwig

In a short but entertaining fight on Friday night's UFC on FX card, Josh Neer withstood an early barrage from Duane Ludwig, then ended up choking Ludwig unconscious in the first round.

Early on Ludwig looked great, battering Neer with punches that seemed to be hurting him, and Neer was backing away. At one point Ludwig also knocked out Neer's mouth guard, and Neer may have benefitted from a brief pause in the action so that he was able to put it back in. At the start of the first round, it looked like Ludwig would have his way with Neer standing up.

But Neer bided his time and took Ludwig down, and once he did that he was in control. First Neer landed punches on the ground, then he slipped in a guillotine choke from half guard. Ludwig looked like he was about to tap out and then he simply slumped down, and Neer yelled to referee Josh Rosenthal that Ludwig was out. Rosenthal checked, saw that Neer was right, and stopped the fight. The fight lasted 3 minutes, 4 seconds.

"It was a good win," Neer said. "I wanted to stand up and trade more but he was getting the better of me so I took it to the ground to finish him."

The win improves Neer's MMA record to 33-10-1 and puts him on a six-fight winning streak. Ludwig falls to 21-12 and snaps a two-fight winning streak of his own.

Kemal
21-01-2012, 05:45
Jim Miller Submits Melvin Guillard

Jim Miller withstood some powerful striking from Melvin Guillard in the first couple minutes of their main event fight at Friday night's UFC on FX 1 card and then made Guillard pay, submitting him with a rear-naked choke in the first round.

It was a great showing on the ground for Miller, and a demonstration once again that while Guillard is a quick and powerful striker, he simply doesn't have a good enough ground game to compete at a high level.

"I don't get knocked down often, and he knocked me down. So he hits hard," Miller said of Guillard after the fight,. "I just found a way to the back. That's something I've always been able to do and from there it was just securing a position. I'm pretty confident that I'm the most dangerous lightweight in the world and I'm willing to make you guys believe that in here."

Guillard battered Miller with punches and knees in the first minute of the first round and looked like he might have been close to finishing the fight early. Midway through the round Guillard landed a flying knee, but Miller took advantage of Guillard being off balance by taking him down and getting on top of him on the ground.

And from there it was just a matter of time: On the ground Miller has a huge advantage over Guillard, and he easily transitioned to Guillard's back, sunk in a body triangle, and sunk in a rear-naked choke to force Guillard to tap.

The entire fight lasted just three minutes, and for about two and a half of those minutes Guillard was in control on the feet. But as soon as it went to the ground, Miller had it won.

The win improves Miller's professional MMA record to 21-3. Guillard falls to 29-10-2.

Kemal
21-01-2012, 06:17
UFC on FX Bonuses: Barry, Morecraft, Miller, Denis Each Collect $45K

Pat Barry, Christian Morecraft, Jim Miller and Nick Denis were each awarded post-fight bonuses of $45,000 for their performances Friday at UFC on FX in Nashville.

In the Fight of the Night, heavyweight striker Pat Barry battled back from numerous submission attempts to TKO Christian Morecraft with ground and pound punches.

The end came when Barry slipped a left hook to land a leaping left hook of his own to floor Morecraft. Barry pounced and referee Herb Dean called a stop to the fight at three minutes and 38 seconds of the opening round.

The Submission of the Night involved another comeback. Jim Miller weathered through a knockdown to capitalize on opponent Melvin Guillard's weakness in submission defense. During a scramble, Miller hopped on a standing Guillard and pulled him to the ground to set up the rear-naked choke. Miller locked in the body triangle and forced the tapout at two minutes and four seconds of the first.

Sengoku and King of the Cage veteran Nick Denis needed only 22 seconds to win his UFC debut and collect the Knockout of the Night. The Canadian bantamweight brutally finished Joseph Sandoval with rapid-fire right elbows from standing.

Kemal
21-01-2012, 06:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QqcimYBXewk

Kemal
21-01-2012, 06:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFVldfCtV7c&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
21-01-2012, 06:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSD8d63LjEs&feature=player_detailpage

MMAProfessor
21-01-2012, 15:05
Als pettis wint van Lauzon, moeten ze Miller vs Pettis voor een titleshot doen

Kemal
21-01-2012, 19:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y61aXXbmr28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tv0qA5KvQDU

Kemal
21-01-2012, 19:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wLsF80EnlJw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cNJC74Fd144

Kemal
22-01-2012, 07:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FFjE7smYWwQ

waarel
22-01-2012, 15:05
Ze kunnen zich beter dan tapzillians gaan noemen :)