PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale | Results **Spoiler**

Kemal
02-06-2012, 06:47
Main card
Martin Kampmann def. Jake Ellenberger via second-round KO
Michael Chiesa def. Al Iaquinta via submission (rear-naked choke)
Charles Oliveira def. Jonathan Brookins via submission (guillotine)
Max Holloway def. Pat Schilling via unanimous decision
Justin Lawrence def. John Cofer via third-round KO

Preliminary card
Daron Cruickshank def. Chris Tickle via unanimous decision
Myles Jury def. Chris Saunders via submission (guillotine)
Sam Sicilia def. Cristiano Marcello via second-round TKO
Joe Proctor def. Jeremy Larsen via first-round TKO
Erik Perez def. John Albert via submission (verbal, armbar)

Kemal
02-06-2012, 06:59
Erik Perez Beats John Albert In Controversial Finish

It took less than one round for controversy to rear its head at the TUF Live finale.
In the night's opening bout, Erik Perez was awarded a submission victory over John Albert via arm bar, but the question of whether or not Albert actually gave up will be debated for some time to come. Perez had him trapped in the hold, but Albert never tapped out, and didn't appear to verbally submit either. Despite that, referee Kim Winslow called a halt to the action at 4:18 of the first round.

After the fight ended, Albert immediately protested while Perez admitted that he never heard Albert voice a submission.

Prior to the finish, Perez did well just to even stay in the fight, as Albert appeared close to locking up a triangle choke victory.

He had Perez trapped for over one minute but could not earn the finish. When Perez knew he was clear, he began dropping hammerfists from the top, bruising Albert's face in the process.

Finally, after a series of punches, Perez escaped, ended up on top and immediately transitioned into the fight-ending arm bar. Albert looked to be in pain but never made a move to tap before the finish was called.

The win came in Perez's octagon debut, and his sixth straight overall victory improved his career record to 11-4.
Albert fell to 7-3, dropping his second straight UFC fight.

Kemal
02-06-2012, 07:00
Justin Lawrence Knocks Out John Cofer

Justin Lawrence was TUF Live's overall No. 1 draft pick, and although he failed to make it to the finals after being upset by Michael Chiesa, he still looks like he has a promising future ahead.
The lightweight provided the first real highlight of the Friday night finale, knocking John Cofer cold with a headkick in the opening seconds of the third round.

The first two rounds had been fairly competitive, but Lawrence erased any possibility of it going to the judges by finishing off a striking combination with a right high kick that caught Cofer on the chin. Cofer crashed to the mat, and no follow-up was necessary as ref Herb Dean stepped in to call a halt to the action at 19 seconds of the round.

"I'm here in the UFC and I'm here to stay," Lawrence said upon earning his first official UFC victory.

Cofer struggled to get the fight to the mat throughout, but earned his best chance in the second when he ducked under a hook and suplexed Lawrence. He quickly took his back, but in trying to get his hooks in, rode up too high, allowing Lawrence to escape out the back door.

That was late in the round, and it wasn't much later when he was KO'd for the finish.

The 22-year-old Lawrence is now 4-0 overall, while Cofer fell to 7-2.

Kemal
02-06-2012, 07:01
Max Holloway Beats Up Pat Schilling

Employing a strategy heavy on body-punching, Max Holloway punished Pat Schilling over the course of their three-round fight, earning a lopsided unanimous decision win on the main card of the TUF Live finale.
Holloway -- the youngest fighter in the UFC at just 20 years old -- won by a sweep of 30-27 scores, earning his first UFC victory in the process. At least one 10-8 round could have easily been justified in the rout.

Holloway emptied his holster in the third going for the finish, but Schilling showed his toughness in lasting all 15 minutes.
Still, the fight was only close for the opening few minutes of the first. Shortly thereafter, Holloway took over, blasting to the body with thudding shots. By the early second, Schilling was mostly either in retreat mode or stationary with his back against the fence, allowing the rangy Holloway to fire at will.

By the end, Schilling was bloodied, though still standing.

"I just wanted to show I belong in the UFC," said Holloway, who previously lost to Dustin Poirier at his octagon debut at UFC 143. "I wanted to get back here."

His offense left Schilling diving fruitlessly for takedowns in attempting to get it to the mat, but he was never successful in getting the Hawaiian down.

Holloway is now 5-1.

"I'm still a baby," he said. "I'm just going to keep training and hopefully keep coming back for a long time."

Schilling fell to 5-2, with both of his career defeats coming in the UFC.

Kemal
02-06-2012, 07:03
Charles Oliveira Submits Jonathan Brookins

Win or lose, Charles Oliveira is fast establishing himself as one of the most exciting young fighters in the sport, and he did nothing to hurt that reputation on Friday night. The 22-year-old Brazilian showed off an improved striking game before going to his bread-and-butter grappling to earn a first-round submission win over Jonathan Brookins at the TUF Live Finale.
After a scramble, Oliveira trapped Brookins with a modified guillotine choke against the fence and got the tap at 2:42 of the second round.

It was the second straight win at featherweight for Oliveira since moving down.
"This is my house, this is my family, I love it here," he said. "One-hundred-forty-five pounds is my division, and I'm going to go step-by-step to get my belt."

In the first, Oliveira got the better of the striking exchanges, bloodying Brookins with a sharp right hand. Looking comfortable on his feet, he didn't force the takedown tries, but finally took one when it came in the second, and got Brookins down, soon after leading to the finish.

Oliveira is now 16-2 with 1 no contest in his career, and notably has 15 of his wins by way of stoppage. He is also only the second man ever to stop Brookins, the other being divisional champion Jose Aldo.

Brookins, the season 12 Ultimate Fighter winner, saw his record drop to 13-4.

Kemal
02-06-2012, 07:05
Michael Chiesa Beats Al Iaquinta to Win TUF Live

During recent months, Michael Chiesa has experienced the gamut of emotions. In that time, he earned his dream of getting a slot on the The Ultimate Fighter only to suffer the heartbreak of losing his father to leukemia shortly after beginning the competition. And now, he has captured season 15 of TUF, choking Al Iaquinta unconscious at 2:40 of the first round of the TUF Live Finale.
In doing so, Chiesa won a UFC contract, a Harley-Davidson, and a TapouT endorsement deal.

"This is exactly what i wanted. This has been such a journey and there was no way I was going to sell myself short. There was no way I was losing this fight."

Iaquinta came out with fire early, perhaps realizing a long fight would not be in his best interest while fighting in his third fight in three weeks. The tide turned shortly thereafter when Chiesa took him down and immediately got his back.

He got in his hooks and diligently worked to sink his choking arm under Iaquinta's chin and eventually locked in the rear naked choke. Iaquinta tried to rip Chiesa's hands off him, but couldn't, and went to sleep before tapping for the technical submission.
Chiesa had defeated Jeremy Larsen, Justin Lawrence and James Vick en route to the final. With his first official octagon victory, he's now a perfect 8-0.

Iaquinta fell to 5-2-1.

Kemal
02-06-2012, 07:06
Martin Kampmann Knocks Out Jake Ellenberger

Another fight, another comeback for Martin Kampmann. Three months after canceling out a sure decision loss with a submission win in the fight's last minute, the Dane overcame a horrific start in his TUF Live Finale matchup with Jake Ellenberger, shaking off an early knockdown to earn a knockout win of his own.
The end came in the second round, shortly after Ellenberger had him in trouble with a flurry against the cage. Kampmann wobbled him with a short right, then threw a series of knees. The third one landed flush and Ellenberger went down against the cage. Kampmann went to follow up, but ref Steve Mazzagatti had seen enough and waved off the fight at 1:40 of the round.

"I saw an opportunity to finish and I just wanted to get him," Kampmann said afterward.

Ellenberger had been expected to have a power edge in the fight, and it appeared as though he did for most of the bout.

He got off to a blistering start, dropping Kampmann in the opening seconds of the fight with a left hook. He swarmed on the Danish fighter looking for the finish with ground strikes, but Kampmann held on and soon after was threatening with a guillotine that slowed down the attack against him. That gave him valuable recovery time as he made it into the second.

"I need to get punched to wake up," Kampmann said afterward.

The second started in similar fashion, with Ellenberger blasting his opponent with power right hands, one opening a gash across Kampmann's forehead. But showing his resilience, Kampmann would have his hand raised just moments later.

"I knew Martin would be a tough fight coming in," Ellenberger said. "He caught me. He had a better night."

The win snapped Ellenberger's six-fight win streak, as he dropped to 27-6. It was the first time he's ever been knocked out.
Kampmann is now 20-5, and during the broadcast, UFC play-by-play man Jon Anik indicated he may move into a top contender bout with Johny Hendricks, though that is yet unofficial.

Kemal
02-06-2012, 08:07
Ultimate Fighter Live Bonuses: Justin Lawrence Seizes Knockout and Fight of the Night

Justin Lawrence may have fallen short in the TUF Live semi-finals, but he walked out the big winner at Friday's The Ultimate Fighter Live Finale.
Lawrence, the No. 1 draft pick of the season, took home two $40,000 bonuses, earning both ‘Knockout of the Night' and ‘Fight of the Night' for his three-round war with John Cofer. The pair were locked in a highly-competitive back-and-forth brawl, until a jarring head kick from Lawrence shut the lights off his opponent 19 seconds into the final frame.

"I'm here in the UFC, and I'm here to stay," Lawrence gushed afterward.

Elsewhere, upstart welterweight contender Martin Kampmann rallied back from the brink yet again, surviving early trouble to knockout Jake Ellenberger midway through the second round of the night's main event. Kampmann was awarded a ‘Knockout of the Night' bonus for his work, and has now earned three post-fight bonuses in his last four appearances.

"I need to get punched a little bit to wake me up," Kampmann joked. "I saw the opportunity to finish, and I did."

Finally, Michael Chiesa's roller-coaster season ended on a high note, as the perpetual underdog secured an early rear-naked choke to render his former teammate Al Iaquinta unconscious in the TUF Live finals. With the win, the 24-year-old Chiesa was awarded a UFC contract, a Harley-Davidson, a TapouT endorsement deal, and an extra $40,000 for ‘Submission of the Night.'

"This is exactly what I wanted. This has been such a journey," he said during an emotional post-fight interview. "There was no way I was losing this fight."

deco'o
02-06-2012, 14:24
Kampmann = meest onderschatte vechter in UFC
Aloe Vera = grootste talent in UFC (anders top 3)

Kemal
02-06-2012, 21:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MQUhljZ6G20

Kemal
02-06-2012, 21:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5UF6wcJXf-M

Kemal
02-06-2012, 21:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QAJzgc94CCQ

Kemal
02-06-2012, 21:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6YJMIUBMOzw

Kemal
05-06-2012, 07:50
Ultimate Fighter Live Finale Salaries:

FX main card:
Martin Kampmann ($42,000 + $42,000 = $84,000) def. Jake Ellenberger ($42,000)
Michael Chiesa ($8,000 + $8,000 = $16,000) def. Al Iaquinta ($8,000)
Charles Oliveira ($16,000 + $16,000 = $32,000) def. Jonathan Brookins ($15,000)
Max Holloway ($6,000 + $6,000 = $12,000) def. Pat Schilling ($6,000)
Justin Lawrence ($8,000 + $8,000 = $16,000) def. John Cofer ($8,000)

FUEL TV preliminary card:
Daron Cruickshank ($8,000 + $8,000 = $16,000) def. Chris Tickle ($8,000)
Myles Jury ($8,000 + $8,000 = $16,000) def. Chris Saunders ($8,000)
Sam Sicilia ($8,000 + $8,000 = $16,000) def. Cristiano Marcello ($8,000)
Joe Proctor ($8,000 + $8,000 = $16,000) def. Jeremy Larsen ($8,000)

Facebook preliminary card:
Erik Perez ($6,000 + $6,000 = $12,000) def. John Albert ($8,000)