PDA

View Full Version : Paul Daley, vertrek bij strikeforce (Signs Bellator contract)

K-1sunstarr
12-06-2012, 18:08
British welterweight Paul Daley's on-again, off-again marriage to Zuffa is off once again.

The U.K. fighter's management team, Fight Management Limited, recently stated in a press release that Daley and Strikeforce have parted ways.

In the statement, the fighter stated he sought the release, with the reason being he wasn't fighting as often as he'd like.

"I'm happy that Strikeforce has granted me my request to be released from their roster, as I found it difficult to fight so infrequently," stated Daley. "My whole career I've wanted to fight as often as possible as it keeps me in the best form and condition."

Daley's most famous split with MMA's biggest organization came in May, 2010, when he took a swing at Josh Koscheck after their UFC 113 bout, which Koscheck won on a unanimous decision. After the show, UFC president Dana White claimed Daley would never fight for the company again and cut him from the roster.

"Never" turned out to be less than a year. When Zuffa bought Strikeforce, Daley had already signed with the latter company and was slated to headline a major Strikeforce event against Nick Diaz in April 2011. Daley stayed with the company and lost all three of his Strikeforce bouts, including the match with Diaz.

The Nottingham native has fought with promotions all over the world since making his MMA debut in 2003 and amassed a record of 29-12-2. Daley's manager, Wad Alemeddine, stated he was sorry to see his fighter leave the company.

"I am personally disappointed to see Paul leave Strikeforce," he stated. "He's without question one of the most charismatic personalities and talented MMA athletes to come out of the U.K. We have parted ways with Strikeforce on good terms

stephan_dude
12-06-2012, 18:22
Misschien ius bellator wat voor daley?

remco pardoel
13-06-2012, 15:47
One FC zou een betere partij zijn..

Kemal
13-06-2012, 16:36
Denk ook dat hij voor One FC kiest

Kemal
15-06-2012, 20:29
Het is Bellator geworden.

==

Bellator Signs Knockout Artist Paul Daley

Bellator continued its aggressive plunge into free agent pool, signing UFC and Strikeforce veteran Paul Daley.
The promotion confirmed the addition of the British knockout artist to MMA Fighting on Friday.

Daley will make his organizational debut at Bellator 72 on July 20.

"I’ve been a 'Semtex' fan for years," Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney said in a statement. "He’s an incredibly explosive fighter who is magic to watch inside the cage. So, when the opportunity presented itself to join forces with Paul, it was a simple decision to make. Paul’s one of those fighters I’ve always intentionally stayed home to watch and now I can watch him cageside at Bellator."

Just last week, Daley had asked for and been granted his release from Strikeforce.
It didn't take him long to find a new home.

"I've been a fan of Bellator for a long while," Daley said in a statement. "When this chance came up, I was absolutely ready to make a long-term commitment to Bellator. I have my sights set on winning the tournament and winning that Bellator title."

The UK-based knockout artist has established a reputation as one of the hardest-hitters in the welterweight division, earning 20 knockout wins over the course of his career. He's 29-12-2 overall.

Daley has had runs in promotions from the UFC to Strikeforce to BAMMA, and holds career wins over respected veterans like Martin Kampmann, Jorge Masvidal and Duane Ludwig. He was memorably booted from the UFC after punching Josh Koscheck after the final bell of their UFC 113 fight, and UFC president Dana White vowed never to employ him again. Daley, of course, did later ply his trade in a Zuffa-owned organization when the company bought Strikeforce in 2011.

His last fight came in March, when he lost a close, split-decision to Kazuo Misaki. Prior to that, he'd earned back-to-back wins over Luigi Fioravanti and Jordan Radev.

Daley is the second major signing for the promotion within the last few weeks. In May, they inked former Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion Muhammed "King Mo." Lawal to a deal.

Leventdepevent
16-06-2012, 08:05
dat was wel te verwachten