View Full Version : ONE FC 4: Destiny of Warriors | Results **Spoiler**

Kemal
23-06-2012, 22:23
Renato Sobral def. Tatsuya Mizuno by submission (armbar) at :31 of round 1
Zorobabel Moreira def. Roger Huerta by KO (soccer kick) at 3:53 of round 2
Leandro Issa def. Masakazu Imanari by unanimous decision
Adam Kayoom def. Gregor Gracie by unanimous decision
Eric Kelly def. Bae Young Kwon by unanimous decision
Arnaud Lepont def. Brian Choi by submission (rear naked choke) at 1:38 of round 3
Mitch Chilson def. AJ Vaa by submission (rear naked choke) at 1:39 of round 1
Marcos Escobar def. Rodrigo Praxedes by submission (brabo choke) at 1:05 of round 3
Peter Davis def. Kim Hock Quek by TKO (strikes) at :55 of round 1

Kemal
23-06-2012, 22:25
Huerta Soccer Kicked, Sobral Earns Submission Victory

Japan many no longer the seat of MMA's Asian scene, but the ghosts of PRIDE were visible Saturday at
ONE Fighting Championship 4: Destiny of Warriorsat Stadium Negara in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Harkening back to the days of soccer kicks and stomps, UFC and Bellator veteran Roger Huerta was savagely albeit legally soccer kicked into unconsciousness at the 3:53 mark of round two in his bout with Zorobel Moreira. Huerta tried to rush 'Zoro' early, but by the end of the first round the Brazilian had found his range.

In the second frame it was all Moreira. The Brazilian dominated Huerta throughout the period with a wide arsenal of strikes, hurting the former top prospect at several points. It was one strike from Moreiera - a right hand in the second - that spelled the beginning of the end for 'El Matador'. After the right connected and clearly stunned Huerta, Moreira followed up with several strikes from the clinch and eventually sealed the deal with a brutal soccer kick that rendered Huerta prostrate on the canvas.

Huerta has now lost six of his last seven fights. Moreira, by contrast, holds wins over Roger Huerta, Andy Wang, Ferrid Kheder
and Felipe Enomoto

Strikeforce and UFC veteran Renato Sobral faired much better in his ONE FC debut. This was 'Babalu's' first professional MMA bout since losing to Dan Henderson in 2010.

A right hand from Tatsuya Mizuno surprised and temporarily floored Sobral in the early moments of round one, even drawing blood in the process. Mizuno was too reckless, however, and the jiu-jitsu black belt scored an armbar submission victory in just 31 seconds into the first round.

Kemal
23-06-2012, 22:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiHlhh8ZiIg&feature=player_detailpage

remco pardoel
24-06-2012, 13:34
Weer een mooi event!!
Geef het de tijd en het word beter als Dream

The Company
24-06-2012, 14:39
Weer een mooi event!!
Geef het de tijd en het word beter als Dream

Dream is failliet dus ze zijn al beter. One fc is nu veruit de beste organisatie in Azië.

steftheboxer
26-06-2012, 12:42
iemand beelden van dit event? Heb een gifje gezien van die soccer kick maar die was heftig

steftheboxer
26-06-2012, 12:43
Hierbij het gifje

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1107296/1036584-7M0VFAL.gif

Kemal
26-06-2012, 21:40
Zorobabel Moreira on Grisly Roger Huerta Soccer Kick KO: ‘I Did Not Want to Throw the Kick’

After a two-day span that featured back-to-back UFC shows, few could've expected one of last weekend's most enduring images to have come from halfway across the world. But then again, few could have foreseen an image as primal as Zorobabel Moreira's soccer kick knockout of Roger Huerta at ONE FC 4.

Moreira, a decorated jiu-jitsu champion, was well on his way to a second-round victory over the fading American, who was badly battered and surprisingly outclassed in the stand-up game. Huerta valiantly fought back, but was soon out on his feet after eating another unanswered salvo of strikes, in a scene eerily reminiscent of Joe Warren's loss to Pat Curran.

His opponent crumpled on the mat on all fours, Moreira, along with ringside announcer Renzo Gracie, believed the fight was over, as Huerta was clearly no longer capable of defending himself. Yet referee Yuji Shimada gave no signal of a stoppage.
"I stopped to look at the referee," Moreira explained to MMAFighting.com.

"He was yelling ‘low kick' to me. After he yelled it, I kicked."

What ensued was a moment ripped straight from Pride Fighting Championships. Moreira reluctantly threw the soccer kick, it connected on Huerta's skull with a sickening thwack, and "El Matador" collapsed in a heap. The fight was over.

ONE FC's rule set combines the North American unified rules with the soccer kicks and stomps of Pride, however fighters must wait for a referee's open attack signal before using the more violent maneuvers on downed opponents. Though in Huerta's case, the potential for soccer kicks should have never come into play, if not for sloppy refereeing.

"I did not want to throw the kick," Moreira confessed. "I thought the referee was going to stop the fight. But when he yelled ‘low kick' to me, I kicked. It was reflex.

"I was hoping the referee was going to stop the fight. But my coaches train us to finish the fight and they tell all of us don't stop until the referee stops the fight."

Several fighters, Moreira included, have expressed their love of ONE FC's mishmash rule set, which harkens back to glory days of Asian MMA, and "Zoro" affectionately calls, "the best rules." Yet while the visceral nature of the knockout has essentially overshadowed what was the best performance of the Brazilian's career, Moreira tries not to concern himself with headlines.
"I don't know how to read English very well," he said. "Some people have told me about the news of the KO. I read most the Brazilian websites. I don't spend much time on the Internet. I stay in the academy at Evolve MMA all day."

As for Huerta, Moreira has yet to speak to the 29-year-old since their co-main event clash, however ONE FC founder Victor Cui confirmed he is fully recovered from the knockout blow.

"Victor Cui told me that Roger was 100-percent fine the next day already," a relieved Moreira revealed. "Roger is a tough guy. I wish him the best in everything."

kooivechter
26-06-2012, 22:36
zo heftig. wat een mongool van een scheids. huerta was al helemaal out en vervolgens nog zo'n soccerkick. en dat de scheids dat zelf ook zegt lowkick. voor het leven schorsen, loopt nu gelukkig nog goed af, voor hettzelfde loopt het verkeerd af. wat een idiote regel ook dat je wel soccerkicks hebt, maar de scheids dat aangeeft wanneer je dat doet.

kmr
27-06-2012, 00:33
Wat is er gebeurd met Huerta, hij was een belofte en nu slechts middelmatig.

kooivechter
27-06-2012, 01:49
Wat is er gebeurd met Huerta, hij was een belofte en nu slechts middelmatig.

idd, was zwaar fan van hem in de ufc. compleet andere vechter dan nu. hij stond ook onbekend als iemand met een onuitputtelijke gastank. hij moet ook weer op lw knokken. zjin partijen zijn een van de meest spectaculaire mma partijen in de ufc. maar lijkt al voorbji zijn peak te zijn als vechter.

Diz
27-06-2012, 07:28
Erg spectaculair zo'n soccerkick, maar levensgevaarlijk!
Dit zouden ze echt moeten verbieden, het risico op zwaar hoofd- en nekletsel is toch veel te groot?
Het feit dat het nog nooit (voor zover ik weet) gruwelijk misgegaan is, wil echt niet zeggen dat het veilig is!
Er zijn ook mensen die hun hele leven zonder autogordel rijden zonder dat er iets misgaat, maar wil dat zeggen dat het veilig is om zonder gordel te rijden? Nee!

RedDawn
27-06-2012, 07:47
Erg spectaculair zo'n soccerkick, maar levensgevaarlijk!
Dit zouden ze echt moeten verbieden, het risico op zwaar hoofd- en nekletsel is toch veel te groot?
Het feit dat het nog nooit (voor zover ik weet) gruwelijk misgegaan is, wil echt niet zeggen dat het veilig is!
Er zijn ook mensen die hun hele leven zonder autogordel rijden zonder dat er iets misgaat, maar wil dat zeggen dat het veilig is om zonder gordel te rijden? Nee!

Helemaal mee eens. Soccerkicks horen niet thuis in onze sport!

steftheboxer
27-06-2012, 13:13
Hier een kort stukje over de gevolgen van soccer kick's

Broken necks (cervical spine fractures) can easily injure the spinal cord and cause permanent paralysis and, in some cases, death. Depending on the positioning of the head at impact, direction and magnitude (vector) of the blow, the neck will break (fracture) at roughly 800 to 1,000 foot-pound force (preferred unit is Newtons (N) but I will not bore you with the math).The average casual adult soccer player can kick a ball with 1,000 foot-pound force. The average professional soccer player can kick at about 1,200 foot-pound force. My educated guess is that an elite, highly trained MMA artist will perform very similar to the professional soccer player.As we can see, the MMA athlete can very easily generate more than enough force to cause a very significant injury (specifically cervical spine fracture) to a grounded opponent. If the neck luckily is not broken with this crude, unskilled maneuver, the trachea (wind pipe) and carotid artery also lie directly in harm's way; significant trauma to either can be permanently life-altering.The rationale that it is safe because it has been done before and no one got hurt is faulty on many levels. Just because you may be unaware of anyone being injured doesn't prove that the act is safe. It could merely mean that you are not well-informed, poor documentation was gathered, or we're just lucky no one has been seriously injured yet.

steftheboxer
27-06-2012, 13:13
Maar nog niemand beelden van partijen? Uiteraard voor een rep

kmr
27-06-2012, 15:55
idd, was zwaar fan van hem in de ufc. compleet andere vechter dan nu. hij stond ook onbekend als iemand met een onuitputtelijke gastank. hij moet ook weer op lw knokken. zjin partijen zijn een van de meest spectaculaire mma partijen in de ufc. maar lijkt al voorbji zijn peak te zijn als vechter.

Was deze partij niet op 155 pounds?

kooivechter
27-06-2012, 23:56
Was deze partij niet op 155 pounds?

nee op 170