PDA

View Full Version : MMA comedy: "Here Comes The Boom", met Kevin James, incl. trailer

XanaduNL
27-06-2012, 09:18
http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=here-comes-the-boom.jpg

Last Summer there was a casting call in Boston for MMA refs. I am an MMA ref so I tried out. Through the divine intervention of Mark DellaGrotte, I got a bit part.
I pulled into the filming area expecting to see dozens of cars. There were 100s.
The set is mindboggling.
I asked Renzo once is Rickson as good as everyone says? He thought for a second, and then said "He's perfect." That is how the set was, perfect.
The little-show fight scene looked perfectly authentic. On another stage they recreated Sityodtong, right down to every detail including the stove.

The filming cost 175k per day. $60,000,000 budget.

Chael Sonnen was there, Bas Rutten, Wanderlei Silva, Mark DellaGrotte, Salma Hayek, Henry Winkler, and 300-800 extras.
Kevin James was going through scenes. After 39 years in martial arts, I can tell when someone moves properly. It takes many years. Sometimes guys look awkward, but are good. But when someone moves right, they are always good.
Kevin James is good. In an early scene when he was supposed to be green, he was having a hard time looking like someone who was not good.
Jason Lambert was the stunt double for Kevin James. They look like twins pretty much.
Fight choreographer, Garrett Warren, has an eye patch, cooler stories than Miles Davis, and choreographed Avatar.
Ryan Parson's is the genius - I am not using the term loosely - behind the fight scenes. Every second of fighting has months of preparation.
I looked at maybe 30 mins of footage over someone's shoulders; this is the most realistic fight footage I have ever seen. Forget No Way Out or Red Belt or whatever dopey MMA stuff there has been, for realism this is going to beat Raging Bull, some of the later Rocky filcs (fight scenes in the early ones were awful), Fat City, and, as I said, anything I have ever seen.

MMA has been screaming out for someone to show it as it is. This is it.
The UFC hasn’t offered to allow anyone prior to this film to use their name since Zuffa took over ownership in January of 2001.
“I like Kevin and he called me up and he’s passionate about the sport, he wanted to do this movie. We haven’t given the rights to anybody,” UFC President Dana White said. “(In the movie) it’s UFC, we gave him the rights to it.”
“Everybody who’s associated with the UFC is in this movie. Everybody was in it, Rogan, everybody was in it."
Just don't expect to see White in the picture.
“They asked me; I’m no actor. No way in hell I would do that,” White said with a laugh.
You may get to see my foot or something.

This is the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfBo532SHBQ

Soulbringer320
27-06-2012, 14:08
droge humor, ik hou d'r van....

Sato
27-06-2012, 16:00
Jason 'Mayhem' Miller speelt er ook in.

Kemal
27-06-2012, 16:06
Leuke trailer, lijkt me geweldig om te zien!

XanaduNL
27-06-2012, 16:26
Ik hoop op veel bekende gezichten, maakt het extra interessant voor MMA fans.

Diz
27-06-2012, 22:29
Lijkt me vet!

Mauro
28-06-2012, 10:03
Damn, die Salma Hayek blijft ook lekker zeg...

Ellen
28-06-2012, 14:36
Wanneer komt ie uit, die moet ik zien!
Edit* ik zie 6 december 2012..........duurt nog ff ;-)

de Zweed
28-06-2012, 20:17
Haha Bas is ook van de partij! Top!

Igorvdw
29-06-2012, 12:50
Lijkt me zo een grappige film. Heb echt gelachen om die trailer, gebeurd me niet vaak :d Wil ik echt zien, nog ff wachten dusss

RedDawn
29-06-2012, 12:59
Ik hoop op veel bekende gezichten, maakt het extra interessant voor MMA fans.

Boeiuh, die tetten van Salma Hayek lijken me dus wel wat extra interessanter!

Pansier
29-06-2012, 13:36
Gave film waarschijnlijk! Hij is neem ik aan te zien in de bios toch!?

anoniem gg
07-07-2012, 14:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkgdeh_hzQs

blackadder
07-07-2012, 14:42
lol

McClane
07-07-2012, 15:16
http://www.mixfight.nl/forum/showthread.php?123863-MMA-comedy-quot-Here-Comes-The-Boom-quot-met-Kevin-James-incl-trailer&highlight=movie