Melvin Guillard def. Fabricio Camoes via unanimous decision
Khabib Nurmagomedov def. Gleison Tibau via unanimous decision
Constantinos Philippou def. Riki Fukuda via unanimous decision
Shane Roller def. John Alessio via unanimous decision
Rafaello Oliveira def. Yoislandy Izquierdo via unanimous decision

Kemal
08-07-2012, 06:53
Melvin Guillard Decisions Fabricio Camoes

So, the UFC 148 lightweight bout between Melvin Guillard and Fabricio Camoes figured to end with either Guillard knocking Camoes cold, or Camoes submitting "The Young Assassin," right? Wrong.

With the capacity crowd at the MGM Grand Garden Arena alternating "USA" and "Brazil" chants, Guillard and Camoes engaged in a tightly contested, 15-minute battle. In the end, Guillard got the nod, taking 30-27 scores across the board.

Camoes appeared to have stolen the first round in the final minute, as he got full mount on Guillard and opened up with a ground-and-pound assault. But Guillard not only escaped, but followed up on a missed spinning back kick attempt by Camoes and nearly finished him on the ground before Camoes was saved by the bell.

The final two rounds by and large featured Guillard keeping Camoes honest with his standup, and sprawling most of his takedown attempts. Camoes went for a knee bar in the fight's final seconds, but Guillard escaped.

The victory was pivotal for Guillard (30-10-2, 1 no-contest), who had dropped two straight fights after a five-fight win streak. Camoes had a three-fight win streak snapped and dropped to 13-7-1.

Kemal
08-07-2012, 06:54
Mike Easton Wins Snoozer Over Ivan Menjivar

Sometimes fights which promise fireworks instead turn out instead to be duds.
The UFC 148 main-card opener between bantamweights Mike Easton and Ivan Menjivar figured to be a battle between two hard-hitting foes on hot streaks.

Instead, it turned into a 15-minute sparring contest. Over the course of 15 minutes of kickboxing, neither fighter scored a knockdown and neither had a period of sustained offensive advantage. Menjivar scored a takedown midway through the third round, but couldn't do anything to follow up on it, as Easton (13-1) got back to his feet and the standup stalemate continued.

In the end, Easton got the nod, winning on scores of 30-27, 29-28, and 30-27.

The win was the seventh in a row for Easton, who trains at San Diego's Alliance MMA. He's 3-0 in the UFC. It was the first UFC loss for the veteran Menjivar (24-9) after winning his first three in the UFC.

Kemal
08-07-2012, 06:55
Chad Mendes Makes Short Work of Cody McKenzie

The big question going into Chad Mendes bout with Cody McKenzie was this: How would Mendes respond in his first bout back after being knocked cold by UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo Jr.?

Mendes answered the question with his fists.

The Northern California native made short work of former training partner Cody McKenzie on Saturday night at UFC 148, needing just 31 seconds to finish his opponent via TKO.

A perfectly placed punch to the solar plexus dropped McKenzie. Five right hands to the head of the downed McKenzie later, referee Steve Mazzagatti stopped the fight.

"We knew we needed to come up with something to defeat Cody," said Mendes. "It was definitely something we were working on. He's got a long body and we took advantage of it."

Mendes improved to 12-1 on his career; McKenzie dropped to 15-3, with those three losses coming in his past four fights.

Kemal
08-07-2012, 06:57
Demian Maia Finishes Dong Hyun Kim

Demian Maia never quite got to the top of the UFC as a middleweight. Will he be able to make a run at welterweight?
Maia needed less than a minute to win his welterweight debut at UFC 148 on Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Korean standout Dong Hyun-Kim was injured on a trip by Maia, giving the latter a TKO victory in 47 seconds.

Kim landed awkwardly on the trip, reaching out to try to break his fall but landing on both his ribs and his neck. After Mario Yamasaki called a stop to the fight, Kim clutched his ribs, and he was still doing so when he left the cage.

"I wasn't sure if I should throw him, I know he was a judo guy," said Maia. "When I took him down, he fell really hard on his neck."

Maia (16-4) snapped a string of seven fights which ended via decision with the win. Kim has dropped three of his past four fights.

Kemal
08-07-2012, 06:58
Cung Le Outlasts Patrick Cote

What happens when you match up a classic pocket power puncher and a veteran kick boxer? If you're talking Patrick Cote and Cung Le, you end up with a bloody slugfest.
After 15 hard-fought minutes, the 40-year old Le, the former Strikeforce middleweight champion, got the decision from the judges, getting 30-27 scores across the board.

In the opening round, Le kept Cote from finding his range for the most part by using his varied kicks to set up combos. The second round was the closest of the fight, a back-and-forth sprint in which both fighters landed heavy blows and ended with each bleeding heavily. The pace slowed in the third, but Le landed the better strikes and scored a pair of takedowns to boot.

Cote (17-8) took the bout on short notice after Le's original foe, Rich Franklin, was pulled from the card to fight Wanderlei Silva at UFC 147.

The victory was the first for Le (10-2) in the UFC, a former San Shou and kickboxing standout. When pressed by Joe Rogan in his postfight interview, he wouldn't say whether he'd retired.

"I feel great, a little tired, I want to do a backflip and I don't have the energy," Le said. "I pushed it, he has a hard head, I hurt my foot on it. One goal reached and another overcome. I'm going back to the drawing board. For all the 40 year-olds, I did it for you guys."

Kemal
08-07-2012, 06:59
Tito Ortiz Comes Up Short Against Forrest Griffin

All Tito Ortiz wanted was to go out with his head held high, to give his all for 15 final minutes in his illustrious, UFC Hall of Fame career.
He didn't get his hand raised in the end Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, but it was still mission accomplished. The veteran Ortiz gave everything he had left in his gas tank, but it wasn't quite enough at UFC 148 as Forrest Griffin scored a unanimous decision in their trilogy fight, winning by scores of 29-28 on all cards.

The postfight featured a bizarre scene as Griffin left the cage before the decision, apparently thinking he lost. After being forced to return to the Octagon, Griffin was announced as the winner to thunderous boos from the crowd. Then Griffin interviewed Ortiz in the cage.

"I gave it my all," Ortiz told Griffin. "I gave it my all. This is my last fight tonight. I've been doing this for 15 years, man."

Ortiz had his moments in the first round, scoring a takedown and dishing out some classic ground-and-pound. But Griffin peppered him with body kicks. Griffin controlled the second round. In the third, Ortiz dropped Griffin with a huge punch, but didn't have the energy to immediately follow up. Still, he managed to take Griffin down and control him for much of the third round.

it was quite enough to get the decision, though. Griffin takes the series, 2-1, with Ortiz winning at UFC 59 and Griffin at UFC 106.

"I felt like we had three draws, to be honest," said Griffin. "I wish we could go a fourth round tonight."

Ortiz, the UFC light heavyweight champion from 2000-03, finished with a career record or 16-11-1, 1-7-1 in his last eight fights.

Kemal
08-07-2012, 07:00
Anderson Silva Stops Chael Sonnen in Second Round

It will go down as another "what if" for Chael Sonnen.
Sonnen stuck to his bread and butter in round one of his UFC 148 rematch with middleweight champion Anderson Silva on Saturday night, scoring an instant takedown and using his ground-and-pound to easily win the round.

Then, in the second round, he went for a a spinning back elbow, a move rarely scene in his arsenal. He missed wildly, fell to the mat, and the champion pounced.

Silva landed a huge, legal knee to the grounded Sonnen and opened up with a series of punches, forcing referee Yves Levigne to stop the bout at 1:55 of round 2.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this sport is the best sport in the world," said Silva. "Me and Chael work hard for all the people here. Chael disrespected my country, but that's fine. That is nothing for me. This is a sport, this is UFC. Yeah."

In winning the first round, Sonnen looked well on his way to dominating Silva in a manner similar to their UFC 117 classic in the summer of 2010, in which Sonnen controlled Silva for four-and-a-half rounds before Silva won via submission.

But with a vehement crowd at the MGM Grand Garden Arena split between Americans chanting "USA" and Brazilians rooting for their hero watching, Sonnen made his fatal mistake. Silva's finishing flourish added to his list of UFC records, with both his 15th straight win in the Octagon and his 10th successful middleweight title defense.

Silva was gracious toward Sonnen, who spent two years talking a mountain of trash toward both Silva and the country of Brazil.
After shaking hands with Sonnen, he said "Let's show Chael Brazil has manners, I want everyone to applaud Chael. If he would like to have a barbecue at my house, I'd love to have him over."

For his part, the West Linn, Ore. native offered no excuses.

"Man, they gave me the opportunity, nobody owes me anything," Sonnen said. "I'm very grateful to have the chance. Hats off to the champion, man."

Kemal
08-07-2012, 07:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5rY4WrJIMrE

Kemal
08-07-2012, 07:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SR8ldc1FRI&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
08-07-2012, 07:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cfI5OXg5Gg8

Kemal
08-07-2012, 07:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LVV_bLS8JHo

Kemal
08-07-2012, 07:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QIk59ttMV-w

Kemal
08-07-2012, 07:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7YmrszKAbA0

Kemal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MtEVga7Wkv8

Kemal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=I0_uu95jrEM

Kemal
08-07-2012, 07:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m13hznlM2qc

Kemal
08-07-2012, 07:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Q0N31-asizU

Kemal
08-07-2012, 07:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Eqyh-6onVaI

Kemal
08-07-2012, 07:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=oRMm7DK5-5Q

Kemal
08-07-2012, 07:25
UFC 148 Bonuses: Anderson Silva Bulldozes His Way to 'Knockout of the Night'

Anderson Silva's revenge just got a little sweeter. Silva, the reigning UFC middleweight champion, took home UFC 148's ‘Knockout of the Night' bonus for his classic second-round TKO of Chael Sonnen.

The fight-ending bonus earned Silva an extra $75,000.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this sport is the best sport in the world," an overjoyed Silva said afterward. "Me and Chael work hard for all the people here. Chael disrespected my country, but that's fine. That is nothing for me. This is a sport. This is UFC."

Fellow UFC legends Forrest Griffin and Tito Ortiz also pocketed $75,000 for their three-round ‘Fight of the Night' rubber match. The retiring Ortiz, who was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame the morning of the match, nearly rode into the sunset with a win. However it was Griffin who managed to eek out a tough judges' decision.

"I gave it my all," a disappointed Ortiz said to Griffin in the post-fight interview. "This is my last fight tonight. I've been doing this for 15 years, man."

Due to a lack of submission finishes on the UFC 148 fight card, no fighter earned a ‘Submission of the Night' bonus.

lukashenko
08-07-2012, 07:49
jaaaaaaaaaaaaa lekker hoor sonnen gestopt 2e ronde heerlijk

Justinian
08-07-2012, 08:38
Top, laten we hopen dat het nou eindelijk eens een keer is afgelopen met die grote waffel van Sonnen.

T15Boxing
08-07-2012, 09:17
Top, laten we hopen dat het nou eindelijk eens een keer is afgelopen met die grote waffel van Sonnen.

En zijn gestoorde fans.

Silat
08-07-2012, 11:26
LOL "Philips Rules!!!!"

Fuck Sonnen!
Maar hij maakte het wel even spannend in de eerste ronde, al had ie niet meer dan dat.

New word found dictionary 2012
Sonnen: means: "Loser"

Ik ben benieuwd naar z'n komende filmpjes..

Asura
08-07-2012, 14:34
G.O.A.T.

T15Boxing
08-07-2012, 16:24
Where is your TRT now, playboy?

mokumnised
08-07-2012, 16:35
Goeie zaak deze overwinning van Silva.

Kemal
08-07-2012, 19:46
Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin Fight Video Highlights (http://msn.foxsports.com/video?videoid=0cb596ba-e95a-47a5-ae8b-bf4f1a5ccfbb&src=v5:share:sharepermalink:&from=sharepermalink)

Kemal
08-07-2012, 19:47
Highlights: UFC 148 - Sonnen/Silva (http://msn.foxsports.com/video?videoid=0cb596ba-e95a-47a5-ae8b-bf4f1a5ccfbb&src=v5:share:sharepermalink:&from=sharepermalink)

Kemal
09-07-2012, 18:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uDyevPPaqTQ

Kemal
09-07-2012, 19:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86rkw8P1118&feature=player_detailpage

Asura
09-07-2012, 23:03
Het was me trouwens niet duidelijk wat Chael nou de das omdeed, iemand?

LeeMurray
09-07-2012, 23:14
Ik was zo blij dat Anderson Silva Chael KO heeft geslagen. Die speech daarna was ook epic. Hij heeft m.i. wederom aangetoond wie de echte GOAT is.

Was volgens mij die knie op z'n borst net nadat ie die backfist miste, maar er zijn vast leden die er meer kijk op hebben.

Nosferatu187
09-07-2012, 23:29
Die knie was zeker raak ja daardoor begon alles, toen begon Anderson te slaan en daar ging die.

kmr
09-07-2012, 23:33

Dit is wat ik zag:
In ronde 2 nadat Silva de takedownpogingen gestopt had liep hij achteruit. Hij was, terecht gezien de stootkracht van Sonnen, niet bang voor zijn stoten en nam de stoot van Sonnen gewoon om vervolgens direct een harde rechterhoek te plaatsen. Dat was volgens mij de reden van de 'vermoeidheid' die we zagen. Je zag dat de benen van Sonnen het ook eventjes begaven na die stoot.

Kemal
10-07-2012, 08:35
UFC 148 Salaries: Forrest Griffin Pockets $275,000

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin topped the disclosed payroll for UFC 148, taking home $275,000 for his co-main event victory over retiring legend Tito Ortiz, according to figures released by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Griffin's high-volume attack propelled him to take the judges' decision in the pair's rubber match, however the former champ was criticized by both UFC President Dana White and Ortiz ($250,000) himself for post-fight antics that saw Griffin leave the Octagon before the judges' scorecards could be read, only to return and cut in on Ortiz's final post-fight interview with Joe Rogan.

In the blockbuster main event, UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva earned a disclosed purse of $200,000 for defeating his polarizing rival Chael Sonnen via second-round TKO. Sonnen pocketed $50,000 in the losing effort.

Outside of the four featured fighters, former Strikeforce champion Cung Le ($150,000), welterweight submission ace Demian Maia ($96,000), and lightweight bruiser Melvin Guillard ($72,000) led the payroll charge.

UFC 148 took place on July 7, 2012 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV. The entire UFC 148 payroll can be seen below, however these figures do not represent a fighter's total earnings, as sponsorship money and discretionary post-fight bonuses are not publicly disclosed.

Additionally, Silva, Griffin and Ortiz took home $75,000 in post-fight bonuses for their work.

Main card:
Anderson Silva ($200,000 + no win bonus) def. Chael Sonnen ($50,000)
Forrest Griffin ($125,000 + $150,000 = $275,000) def. Tito Ortiz ($250,000)
Cung Le ($150,000 + no win bonus) def. Patrick Cote ($21,000)
Demian Maia ($48,000 + $48,000 = $96,000) def. Dong Hyun Kim ($44,000)
Chad Mendes ($18,000 + $18,000 = $36,000) def. Cody McKenzie ($10,000)
Mike Easton ($10,000 + $10,000 = $20,000) def. Ivan Menjivar ($13,000)

FX preliminary card:
Melvin Guillard ($36,000 + $36,000 = $72,000) def. Fabricio Camoes ($8,000)
Khabib Nurmagomedov ($10,000 + $10,000 = $20,000) def. Gleison Tibau ($31,000)
Constantinos Philippou ($16,000 + $16,000 = $32,000) def. Riki Fukuda ($28,000)
Shane Roller ($23,000 + $23,000 = $46,000) def. John Alessio ($10,000)

Facebook preliminary card:
Rafaello Oliveira ($10,000 + $10,000 = $20,000) def. Yoislandy Izquierdo ($6,000)

Tykill
10-07-2012, 11:28
http://i.imgur.com/k4SOj.jpg

Silat
10-07-2012, 12:21
http://i.imgur.com/k4SOj.jpg

hahahaha Brazzers nog wel.. Youré real fucked now boy...

BTW: Tito ontvangt 50.000 meer met verliezen als Silva met winnen en die kreeg niet eens een bonus.

The Company
10-07-2012, 12:23
hahahaha Brazzers nog wel.. Youré real fucked now boy...

BTW: Tito ontvangt 50.000 meer met verliezen als Silva met winnen en die kreeg niet eens een bonus.

Tito krijgt geen PPV bonus, Silva wel. Volgens mij verdiende Silva iets van 7 miljoen dollar aan dit gevecht. Dus medelijden hoeven we niet met hem te hebben.

Pahlavan
10-07-2012, 12:32
Tito krijgt geen PPV bonus, Silva wel. Volgens mij verdiende Silva iets van 7 miljoen dollar aan dit gevecht. Dus medelijden hoeven we niet met hem te hebben.

Idd. Bovendien heeft anderson ook niet de minste sponsoren... Terwijl veel vechters met flut reclames op hun shirt rondlopen zag ik bij anderson toch gewoon ff een sponsor als philips erop staan...

Anderson
10-07-2012, 12:37
Ja viel mij ook op Philips en Burger King.

T15Boxing
10-07-2012, 19:56
Las laatst dat hij 500.000 kreeg van burger king.

ICON
10-07-2012, 20:59
past toch beter bij roy nelson zou je zeggen..

smike
10-07-2012, 21:01
past toch beter bij roy nelson zou je zeggen..

lol

Jeru
10-07-2012, 21:05
Idd. Bovendien heeft anderson ook niet de minste sponsoren... Terwijl veel vechters met flut reclames op hun shirt rondlopen zag ik bij anderson toch gewoon ff een sponsor als philips erop staan...

Philips, Burger King en Nike. Je kan het slechter treffen...

Djani
11-07-2012, 09:53
Dit is wat ik zag:
In ronde 2 nadat Silva de takedownpogingen gestopt had liep hij achteruit. Hij was, terecht gezien de stootkracht van Sonnen, niet bang voor zijn stoten en nam de stoot van Sonnen gewoon om vervolgens direct een harde rechterhoek te plaatsen. Dat was volgens mij de reden van de 'vermoeidheid' die we zagen. Je zag dat de benen van Sonnen het ook eventjes begaven na die stoot.

Er is niks mis met de stootkracht van Sonnen. Er is niks mis met de stootkracht van elke 185 pounder in de UFC met 5 ounce gloves aan. Een rake klap bij hun is een potentiele KO. Met welke kracht die klappen gegeven worden (zie Nick Diaz) en of ze goed landen is een ander verhaal.

kmr
11-07-2012, 14:11
Er is niks mis met de stootkracht van Sonnen. Er is niks mis met de stootkracht van elke 185 pounder in de UFC met 5 ounce gloves aan. Een rake klap bij hun is een potentiele KO. Met welke kracht die klappen gegeven worden (zie Nick Diaz) en of ze goed landen is een ander verhaal.
Vat het, als dit je mening is, dan maar op alsof ik bedoelde dat de stootkracht van Sonnen voor Silva, gezien zijn kin, geen problemen oplevert.