PDA

View Full Version : Shinya Aoki, Three Inaugural Title Fights to Headline ONE FC 6

Kemal
16-08-2012, 07:28
Before Shinya Aoki can even make his ONE FC debut, the Japanese submission ace already has his next fight on the books.

Aoki is scheduled to meet French grappler Arnaud Lepont in a lightweight tilt at ONE FC: Rise of the Kings. Promotion officials announced the match-up on Wednesday.

Additionally, the first three championship belts in ONE FC history will be up for grabs on the card, which is slated for October 6, 2012 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium located in Kallang, Singapore.

"With the largest pool of the top MMA talent in Asia, I have decided that the time is perfect to introduce three ONE FC world titles," said ONE FC CEO Victor Cui. "This card is going to be epic and fans can expect to see some incredible fights come 6 October."

Weight classes for the trio of championship fights have yet to be finalized.

Aoki (30-6, 1 NC), meanwhile, looks to rebound after stumbling against Eddie Alvarez in the pair's long-awaited rematch, losing via TKO midway through the first round at Bellator 66. The former DREAM lightweight champion is currently scheduled to make his ONE FC debut against a yet-to-be-named opponent in the main event of ONE FC 5 later this month.

Across the cage, Lepont (10-1) gets his wish after calling out Aoki following a third-round submission victory over Brian Choi at ONE FC 4. A BJJ purple belt, Lepont rides into the match on a six-fight win streak and has yet to reach a judges' decision in his career.

Former PRIDE fighter Melvin Manhoef (24-9-1, 1 NC), Singapore's own Radeem Rahman (1-0), and ONE FC veteran Zorobabel Moreira (7-1) are also expected to fight on the card.

Zobobabel's last appearance ended in controversy, as the Brazilian knocked out former UFC star Roger Huerta with a grisly soccer kick to the face.

Ger Maan
28-09-2012, 19:42
Drie weken na zijn overwinning tegen Jae Young Kim maakt Melvin wederom zijn opwachting. Deze keer neemt hij het tijdens het OneFc event 'Rise of Kings' op tegen de huidige King of Pancrase middengewichtkampioen, de Japanner Ryo "Rambo" Kawamura.

Daarnaast zien we Shinya Aoki voor het eerst terug sinds zijn verlies op TKO tegen Eddie Alvarez. Shinya zal het in een superfight opnemen tegen de Fransman Arnaud Lepont.

http://i50.tinypic.com/29zv7sl.jpg

Diz
28-09-2012, 20:00
Hopen dat Melvin weer een knalpartij neer gaat zetten!

Kemal
04-10-2012, 20:49
World traveler Arnaud Lepont hopes to be household name after Shinya Aoki fight

Arnaud Lepont moved from his native Western Europe to Southeast Asia in order to fulfill his potential as a mixed martial artist.

His fight on Saturday night will take place in his sixth country in as many years. His opponent will be the eighth nationality he's faced in 11 fights.

And he's hoping that all this globetrotting will pay off in making him a household name to MMA fans around the world.

The 32-year-old native of Normandie, France known as "The Game" will step into by far the biggest spotlight of his career this weekend, as he meets Japanese veteran Shinya Aoki in the super fight main event of One FC 6 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.

"This is the opportunity I've been waiting for," Lepont said in a telephone interview from Phuket, Thailand. "This is what I've wanted. I've been winning my fights, but when I finish a fighter like Shinya Aoki, everyone will know about ‘The Game.' and who he is"

Lepont began his career on the European circuit, where he immediately showed off a deft ground game, scoring four of his first five career wins via first-round submission.

But Lepont knew he was only going to get so far in his career by staying put, particularly with his homeland adopting strict rules on MMA which have all but choked off the sport.

"It's very tough to be an MMA fighter in France right now," Lepont said. "I knew if I was going to have a chance at making it to the top of the sport, I was going to have to leave home. It was actually an easy decision to make."

So the lightweight prospect picked up and moved to Southeast Asia a couple years back, eventually setting in with the Muay Fit fight team in Malaysia.

There, Lepont noticeably improved on his striking, turning himself into a more well-rounded fighter. He's continued to rack up submission victories, but is now using impressive displays of power to help set up his finishes. In his most recent victory, at One FC 4 on June 23, he rallied to defeat Brian Choi with a third-round rear-naked choke.

Which leads us to the fight against Aoki. On paper, this looks like a simple submission artist vs. submission artist bout, with the Japanese legend earning 19 of his 30 career victories via tapout, and Lepont doing the same in seven of nine.

"I'd like to take it to the ground and beat him there, sure," said Lepont. "But is he willing to go toe-to-toe with me? What happens if I hit him with a big right? Then I might have to decide if I continue to lay it on him until the ref stops it or whether to go in and submit him. Let's see if he's ready for that."

In recent days, Aoki has made headlines for essentially calling Lepont a punk. Our phone conversation happened before this went down, but even at that time, there was a bit of an edge in Lepont's voice regarding a foe he once considered his idol.
"He's cocky," said Lepont. "He has it in his head that he can beat anyone on the ground. I hope he takes it to the ground with me, let's see how it turns out for him. Aoki was my idol, he was the reason why I got into the sport, but that all comes to an end when we meet on Oct. 6."

There's no title on the line in the main event of One FC 6, which will air on pay-per-view television in the United States and is also available online. But Lepont insists that doesn't matter.

"I don't need this fight to be about a belt. This is bigger than a belt to me. To beat Shinya Aoki, in and of itself, that is my trophy."

Ger Maan
05-10-2012, 18:09
The full ONE FC 6 weigh-in results included:

Shinya Aoki (154.1) vs. Arnaud Lepont (154.8)
Kotetsu Boku (154.5) vs. Zorobabel Moreira (154.3) - for inaugural lightweight title
Leandro Issa (135) vs. Soo Chul Kim (135) - for inaugural bantamweight title
Ryo Kawamura (184.3) vs. Melvin Manhoef (185)
Jens Pulver (135) vs. Yanfei Zhao (134.3) - bantamweight-grand-prix opening round
Min Jung Song (135) vs. Masakatsu Ueda (135) - bantamweight-grand-prix opening round
Kevin Belingon (134.5) vs. Yusup Saadulaev (135) - bantamweight-grand-prix opening round
Bruce Loh (125) vs. Gianni Subba (125)
Mitch Chilson (145) vs. Ngabdi Mulyadi (145)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WOxNyICIEAM

Ger Maan
06-10-2012, 11:51
Nog een paar uurtjes en dan begint OneFC 6: Rise of Kings met oa Melvin Manhoef + Shinya Aoki

Er is een PPV beschikbaar voor $9.99 dat is omgerekend 7,91 euro. Daarvoor krijg je een stream voor het complete event + playback mogelijkheid tot 15 oktober. Betaling via Paypal mogelijk.

Details hier: http://www.onefc.com/livestream.html

Op youtube zijn de eerste 2 gevechten gratis te bekijken, stream vangt aan op 13:30 uur!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WDVLWcAeFR4

Aoki is er in ieder geval klaar voor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWnT98HPpKI&feature=channel&list=UL

Ger Maan
06-10-2012, 16:19
Nu Manhoef tegen Kawamura!

Leuke gevechten tot nu toe, goede stream en een prima productie

Ger Maan
06-10-2012, 16:31
lol brutal !!!

Ger Maan
06-10-2012, 16:53