View Full Version : Bellator 73: Wiuff vs. Vegh| Results **Spoiler**

Kemal
25-08-2012, 06:35
http://www.5thround.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Bellator73Poster.jpg
Main Card:
Attila Vegh def. Travis Wiuff via first-round KO
Marcos Galvao def. Luis Nogueira via second-round KO
Mike Wessel def. Ryan Martinez via split decision
Mike Mucitelli def. Matt Van Buren via submission (triangle choke)

Undercard:
Cosmo Alexander def. Harry Johnson via second-round TKO
Brian Albin def. Jacob Noe via first-round TKO (doctor's stoppage)
Kelvin Tiller def. Amaechi Oselukwue via TKO
Andy Uhrich def. Joe Williams via unanimous decision
Zach Underwood def. Chris Coggins via unanimous decision

Kemal
25-08-2012, 06:37
Anthony Johnson Wins Light Heavyweight Debut, Attila Vegh Stops Travis Wiuff

It was a good night for UFC veteran and former welterweight Anthony Johnson tonight at Titan Fighting 24 in Kansas City, Kansas. Making his light heavyweight debut, Johnson walked over Esteves Jones in a two-round thrashing. After coming out strong in the first with strong leg and push kicks, Johnson easily took Jones to the ground where he advanced position and held it for the duration of the first. Within 51 seconds into the second round, the referee had seen enough as Johnson rained punches on an Esteves with his back turned.

"I felt great," Johnson told commentator Pat Miletich after his win. "I still gotta get used to it. I can't just say 'Oh, I feel comfortable already'. But it's a fight. You gotta do what you gotta do to win."

This is two wins in a row for Johnson since being cut by the UFC after missing weight and ultimately losing to Vitor Belfort at UFC 142. Johnson competes next at XFN 8 on Sept. 21 in Tulsa, OK.

Also on the Titan Fighting 24 card, world jiu-jitsu and ADCC champion won his MMA debut putting Chirs Holland to sleep with a head and arm triangle in the first round.

Estima came out southpaw and within one minute and thirty seconds he ended up in mount, although a few takedowns were stuffed in the clinch. Estima was also tagged a with crisp right to start the first frame. Still, after one failed head and arm triangle to Holland's left arm, Estima switched sides to the right and put his challenger away.

In Bellator 73 action in Tunica, Miss., UFC veteran and light heavyweight journeyman Travis Wiuff lost the season seven light heavyweight tournament finals to Attila Vegh in just 25 seconds due to strikes. Vegh switched stances and unloaded with an uppercut-hook combination that sent Wuiff crashing to the mat. A quick barrage of strikes finished the job just seconds later.

Also on the Bellator 73 card, WEC veteran Marcos Galvao stopped Luis Nogueira in the finals of the season six bantamweight tournament to earn a title shot against Nova Uniao teammate and Bellator bantamweight champion Eduardo Dantas. The end came at 4:20 in the second round.