PDA

View Full Version : UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar | Results **Spoiler**

Kemal
14-10-2012, 08:46
Main Card
Anderson Silva def. Stephan Bonnar via first-round TKO
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira def. Dave Herman via submission (armbar)
Glover Teixeira def. Fabio Maldonado via second-round TKO (doctor's stoppage)
Jon Fitch def. Erick Silva via unanimous decision
Phil Davis def. Wagner Prado via submission (anaconda choke)
Demian Maia def. Rick Story via submission (rear-naked choke)

Undercard (FX)
Rony Jason def. Sam Sicilia via second-round TKO
Gleison Tibau def. Francisco Trinaldo via unanimous decision
Diego Brandao def. Joey Gambino via unanimous decision
Sergio Moraes def. Renee Forte via submission (rear-naked choke)

Undercard (Facebook)
Chris Camozzi def. Luiz Cane via unanimous decision
Cristiano Marcello def. Reza Madadi via split decision

Kemal
14-10-2012, 08:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=ONMyMtiWraw

Kemal
14-10-2012, 08:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG_JmOeEaCI&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
14-10-2012, 08:51
Diego Brandao defeats Joey Gambino

Showing that he has learned from his most recent mistake, Diego Brandao pulled back from his hard-charging ways and fought a more measured pace at UFC 153, resulting in a unanimous decision win over Joey Gambino.

Brandao still flashed moments of aggression, as he knocked Gambino down twice during the course of the three-round bout en route to the win. All three judges scored him a 30-27 winner.

In his last time out, Brandao knocked down Darren Elkins but used up all of his energy reserves in a frantic but unsuccessful effort to finish him. Out of fuel, he was ripe for the pickings and Elkins took advantage, storming back for the win.

Brandao showed no signs of fatigue against Gambino, easily winning all three rounds. In addition to the two knockdowns, which came in the first and third rounds, he also completed three takedowns during the fight.

Gambino showed resolve in refusing to succumb to the attack, but he could never mount any offense to truly threaten Brandao.
Brandao, the season 14 season winner of The Ultimate Fighter, improved to 15-8 with the victory, while Gambino dropped to 9-2 with his second consecutive defeat.

Kemal
14-10-2012, 08:52
Rony Jason knocks out Sam Sicilia

Rony Jason didn't walk into the UFC with a reputation as a big puncher. He has a tattoo that says "Jiu-jitsu" across his back, and that art is his bread-and-butter. But thrown into the lion's den with knockout artist Sam Sicilia at UFC 153, and Jason rose to the occasion.

The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil winner won a ferocious war of attrition, finally knocking Sicilia out at 4:16 of round two.
The stoppage set off a wild celebration at the HSBC Arena in Rio.

"Sam Sicilia, this is Brazil," he said. "Now you know who Rony is."

Even though Sicilia is more renowned as a dangerous striker, it was Jason who landed more cleanly and more often, wobbling Sicilia in the opening seconds of the fight as the two set the tone from the beginning.

Each man had his moments, but most of them came in wild exchanges where it seemed that both men decided to forgo any defense.

The final sequence was a perfect illustration of that. The two exchanged, and Sicilia seemed to be getting the upper hand with body punches, but then he went to throw a knee, and Jason caught it, drilled him with an elbow and took the fight to the ground. From there, he landed some hellacious strikes including hammerfists that forced the referee to call a halt to the action.
Overall, it was the seventh straight win for Jason, who is now 12-3. Sicilia saw a personal seven-fight victory streak snapped, as he dropped to 11-2.

Kemal
14-10-2012, 08:53
Demian Maia taps out Rick Story

Demian Maia arrived in the UFC with a splash, choking necks and threatening limbs. But soon after, he evolved into a striker, and going into his UFC 153 fight with Rick Story, he hadn't submitted an opponent in over three years.

After Saturday night, that drought is over.

Maia immediately worked his wrestling to take Story down and eventually got his back, looking for a rear naked choke but adjusting to a neck crank that brought about a tap at 2:30 of the first round.

It was his first tap since getting Chael Sonnen to submit to a triangle choke at UFC 95 in February 2009.

"To fight here and finish my fight is just great," Maia told Rio's HSBC Arena crowd afterward.

The force of his grip was so strong that Story's nose shot out blood as Maia squeezed.

For Maia, it was a second straight win since moving down to the welterweight division. He's now 17-4.

Story fell to 14-6.

Kemal
14-10-2012, 08:55
Phil Davis finishes grappling clinic with submission over Wagner Prado

After their first fight ended in a no contest, Phil Davis and Wagner Prado hoped for a decisive conclusion to their UFC 153 rematch. They got it.

Davis controlled the match from beginning to end with a brilliant grappling display, finally finishing Prado with an anaconda choke submission.

The finish came at 4:29 of the second round.

Prado had just finished fighting off an arm triangle when the end came. Davis quickly latched on to the hold and added a gator roll. He barely completed the roll when Prado tapped.

"It's one of my high-percentage moves," he said. "I didn't even get the chance to fully lock it in, but it worked."

Davis took Prado down repeatedly throughout the fight, scoring with body shots and strikes to the head. Prado continually tried to work his way up, but couldn't keep the fight standing for any period of time.

Davis had a dominant first, taking Prado down three times. Prado repeatedly grabbed the fence either trying to stop the takedown or get back to his feet, but despite numerous warnings, he didn't have a point deducted. Still, it was an easy round for Davis, who landed several hard ground strikes throughout.

It was Davis' first win since March 2011, as he improved to 10-1 with 1 no contest.

Prado suffered his first pro defeat, dropping to 8-1 with 1 no contest.

Kemal
14-10-2012, 08:56
Jon Fitch beats down Erick Silva

The phenom came into UFC 153 as the favorite, as though the "underdog," Jon Fitch had gotten too old, too fast. It was a premature pronouncement.

Fitch overcame some challenging moments mounted by Erick Silva, then overwhelmed him late, earning a unanimous decision by scores of 30-27, 29-28, 29-28.

"I didn't have a choice, I would've beat anybody today," Fitch said. "I don't care what weigh class. My family needed this win and I needed this win, so I did what I needed to do."

Of course, part of that stemmed from Silva's exciting style, as the Brazilian southpaw refused to tone down his stylish strikes. But Fitch played his part, too, trading leather and then engaging in a ground war.

Silva mostly played him straight up over the first two rounds, as he had his moments, at one point nearly trapping Fitch in a rear naked choke. He also had some of the fight's best standup strikes, with a powerful elbow and an uppercut highlighting his offense. But he simply couldn't sustain it over the course of the 15 minutes.

Silva seemed to spend his last energy getting out of an arm bar in the final moments of the second round, and he had little left in the third as Fitch crushed him for the final five minutes, nearly getting a finish.

It was Fitch's first win since beating Thiago Alves in August 2010. He's now 24-4 with 1 no contest.

Silva suffered his first UFC loss, falling to 14-3 with 1 no contest.

The American Kickboxing Academy product had promised a more exciting performance, and he delivered.

Kemal
14-10-2012, 08:58
Glover Teixeira brutalizes Fabio Maldonado

According to the UFC brass, Glover Teixeira is the guy that nobody wants to fight. He has vicious power, black belt ground skills and a limitless engine. At UFC 153, Teixeira did nothing to dispel his believers.

For two rounds, Teixeira brutalized Fabio Maldonado. Somehow, Maldonado was standing at the end of those 10 minutes, but the cageside official had seen enough, and protected him from himself, stopping the fight. The official ruling was a second-round TKO.

"This guy, he's not human," Teixeira said afterward.

The rising light heavyweight contender said that prior to the fight, he had told his trainer that he didn't care how tough Maldonado's chin was, he was going to knock him out.

At first, it didn't seem like it would take him long to accomplish that. He knocked Maldonado down early in the first and spent the better part of the next five minutes smashing him with punches and elbows. Midway through the round, his face was bruised. By the end, it was bloodied, too.

But Maldonado showed amazing heart, and actually got back to his feet by the end of the first, stunning Teixeira with a trio of hard left hooks before the closing horn.

Teixeira came back out after the one-minute break and immediately took the fight to the ground, where again, he hammered Maldonado for most of the round, until the cageside official had seen enough.

Teixeira's 17th straight win improved his record to 19-2, and he'll certainly be moving up the division's rankings as a result.

Maldonado fell to 18-6.

Kemal
14-10-2012, 08:59
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira beats Dave Herman by armbar

Jiu-jitsu works on Dave Herman, after all.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira proved it once and for all at UFC 153, threatening several times and finally scoring the armbar tapout win at 4:31 of round two.

Just minutes before, Nogueira had tried another armbar, but Herman pulled out, one of several escapes throughout the bout.

But Nogueira, who has as many tapout wins as Herman has total victories, stayed persistent and finally got the position in a scramble, going belly-down for the finish.

"I feel so happy because this man said jiu-jitsu doesn't work, and it's a Brazilian art," he said.

It was the first submission loss of Herman's career, which dates back to 2006.

Herman never mounted much of an offensive threat against Nogueira, who even landed the fight's best strike, a left hand that knocked Herman down.

Nogueira was competing for the first time since he had his arm broken by Frank Mir last December. Not surprisingly, the Rio crowd at the HSBC Arena exploded upon his victory.

The former PRIDE champ is now 34-7-1 with 1 no contest in his legendary career.

Herman lost for the third straight time in the octagon, as his career mark fell to 21-5.

Kemal
14-10-2012, 09:00
Anderson Silva KO's Stephan Bonnar, shoots down potential bout with Jon Jones

Even as he readied for UFC 153, Anderson Silva was faced with questions about the future. Stephan Bonnar was just a temporary distraction, it seemed, and some real challenge lied into the future. Maybe it was Jon Jones, or maybe it was Georges St-Pierre, but Saturday night was just some formality.

It's not supposed to be that easy when a fighter moves up in weight, up some 20 pounds, but Silva has made a career out of the extraordinary, and Saturday night was just another addition to his career canon.

Showing little regard for any danger Bonnar presented, Silva essentially toyed with him for most of the first round before finally unleashing. Uncoiling a perfectly timed, full-power knee to Bonnar's chest, Silva scored a knockdown, and a few ground strikes later, it was over.

The official time of the knockout win was 4:40, improving his UFC-record win streak to 16 straight.

"I'm not the best. I just believe that I can do things that people think are impossible," Silva (33-4) told the frenzied HSBC Arena crowd afterward.

As the opening minutes progressed, it seemed as though Silva was content with giving up the first round to Bonnar, who came forward from the opening bell in hopes of making the fight an ugly, grueling affair. Bonnar worked hard to get the fight to the ground, initiating a lengthy clinch against the fence.

Bonnar was able to occasionally land from short range, but nothing of any substance, as Silva looked to plot an escape. Once free though, he did something unexpected. He planted himself against the cage, inviting Bonnar free shots at him.

Bonnar tried combinations but landed little as Silva occasionally countered with his stinging right jab. Bonnar actually landed a left elbow and a right cross in succession but Silva hardly reacted to the blows, and within a minute, the fight was over in his favor.

The final sequence began as Silva stopped a takedown try and initiated one of his own with a trip. Bonnar (15-8) stumbled backwards and as he got to his feet, Bonnar rattled him with the vicious knee before closing it out with a few ground strikes.

Afterward, announcer Joe Rogan asked him if he would consider fighting at 205, where a potential superfight with Jon Jones could await him. Silva shot that down.

"No, I'm not going to fight at 205," he said. "I fought at 205 to save the event. I fight at 185 pounds and I was doing this just to save the event and put on a show for everybody."

Whether it's against Jones or St-Pierre, or as he suggests, against some middleweight opponent, Silva left everyone awaiting his next dose of amazing.

Kemal
14-10-2012, 09:02
UFC 153 bonuses: Jon Fitch makes good on promise, earns $70,000 for 'Fight of the Night'

In the lead-up to UFC 153, polarizing welterweight contender Jon Fitch promised a change in style that would, hopefully, result in a ‘Fight of the Night' bonus to help his much-publicized financial troubles. Well, he delivered.

Fitch and his opponent, Erick Silva, pocketed an extra $70,000 for a thrilling main card brawl that resulted in Fitch's first win since mid-2010 and first post-fight bonus since mid-2008. UFC President Dana White announced the bonuses following the completion of UFC 153.

"I didn't have a choice, I would've beat anybody today," a relived Fitch said afterward. "I don't care what weigh class. My family needed this win and I needed this win, so I did what I needed to do."

Also on the main card, Brazilian hometown hero Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira collected $70,000 for his ‘Submission of the Night' victory over Dave Herman. Nogueira, fighting for the first time since December, submitted Herman via armbar after a tenuous lead-up in which Herman repeatedly proclaimed that jui-jitsu didn't work.

"He said jiu-jitsu doesn't work. Jiu-jitsu does work," Nogueira explained. "Jiu-jitsu is Brazilian, and it's an art."

Lastly, TUF Brazil winner Rony Jason earned ‘Knockout of the Night' honors for his second-round TKO victory over Sam Sicilia on the night's undercard.

Kemal
14-10-2012, 09:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcKiewHfeZM&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
14-10-2012, 09:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_7GO86r-qk&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PTwsFE0Olos

Kemal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuKPhdbwc7c&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
14-10-2012, 09:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfq7Mgmo3gg&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GPfPuxi6aVY

Kemal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTkqVs0lYzI&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
14-10-2012, 09:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_8Aoob_g3E&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
14-10-2012, 09:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp0ZyvFMycw&feature=player_detailpage

Asura
14-10-2012, 15:36
De eerste die Bonnar finished, en dan nog zo gemakkelijk. AS is de beste vechter aller tijden.

Kemal
14-10-2012, 15:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk9UvnPqWs8&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
14-10-2012, 15:44
Anderson Silva vs. Stephan Bonnar fight video highlights (http://msn.foxsports.com/video?videoid=3a2be793-b1e7-4393-be6a-fe9faf13723d&src=v5:share:sharepermalink:&from=sharepermalink)

Kemal
14-10-2012, 15:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEXoUoj1RMo&feature=player_embedded

Tim.H
14-10-2012, 19:59
Niet eens met de submission of the night! Zal wel komen omdat het Nogueira is. Maar zeg nou eerlijk wat is er mooier dan een gator roll gevolgd door een anaconda choke. Fan van die move sinds Babalu vs David Heath. Beestachtig:D

Jeru
14-10-2012, 21:28
Vond die van Davis eigenlijk ook wel mooier, maar ach die van Nog was niet slecht ;)

Diz
14-10-2012, 22:11
Blijft boeiend om te zien hoe Silva met minimale inspanning en speels gemak zijn tegenstanders elke keer weer te kakken zet...
Hij laat ze een beetje klooien totdat ze wat zelfvertrouwen krijgen en dan geeft ie eventjes gas om vervolgens zijn tegenstander te finishen...

Wat kan die man knokken zeg!

sergio2285
16-10-2012, 18:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=696olzqbgZs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=696olzqbgZs)