PDA

View Full Version : UFC on FUEL 6: Franklin vs. Le | Results **Spoiler**

Kemal
10-11-2012, 19:10
Main card
Cung Le def. Rich Franklin via KO at of 2:17 round 1
Thiago Silva def. Stanislav Nedkov by submission (head and arm triangle) at 1:45 of round 3
Dong Hyun Kim def. Paulo Thiago via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
Takanori Gomi def. Mac Danzig by split decision (29-28 Danzig, 29-28 Gomi, 29-28 Gomi
Jon Tuck def. Zhang Tiequan via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28)
Takeya Mizugaki def. Jeff Hougland via unanimous decision (30-25, 30-27, 30-27)

Undercard
Alex Caceres def. Motonobu Tezuka by split decision (29-28 Tezuka, 30-27, Caceres, 30-27 Caceres)
John Lineker def. Yasuhiro Urushitani by unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28)
Riki Fukuda def. Tom DeBlass via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)

Kemal
10-11-2012, 19:12
Takeya Mizugaki beats down Jeff Hougland

Ten fights into his Zuffa career, Takeya Mizugaki has managed to never have any sort of streak. He's alternated losses and wins as consistently as a clock ticks, and Saturday's UFC on FUEL 6 matchup was his regular turn at victory.

Mizugaki battered Jeff Hougland at will, bloodying him badly en route to a unanimous decision.

The judges scored it 30-25, 30-27, 30-27 for Mizugaki.

Mizugaki controlled the fight from the very beginning. He started off with the striking advantage when the fight began, but as Hougland resorted to shooting in for the takedown, Mizugaki decided to take the fight down to ensure he ended up on top. From that position, he thwarted all of his opponent's submission attempts and landed several hard punches.

The second was nearly a carbon copy of the first, with the Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Hougland unable to threaten from his back. The referee did stand the pair up with about one minute left and Mizugaki landed a sharp left hook before the fight went back to the mat for more of the same.

By the third, Hougland rarely even bothered trying for the takedown, instead choosing to jump guard on two occasions. All that got him was a quicker and more thorough beating. Mizugaki carved open his forehead with a slicing elbow late, and had no problem avoiding Hougland's traps as he cruised to the win.

The Japanese bantamweight is now 16-7-2 overall and 5-5 while under the Zuffa banner. Meanwhile, Hougland fell to 10-6 with his second straight loss.

Kemal
10-11-2012, 19:13
Jon Tuck beats Tiequan Zhang in barnburner

Tiequan Zhang had the responsibility of being the only Chinese fighter competing at the UFC's inaugural event in the country, and while he didn't win, he certainly represented himself and the sport well, combining with Jon Tuck to put on an early candidate for Fight of the Night at UFC on FUEL 6.

It was Tuck's grappling advantage that ultimately swung the fight in his favor, as he emerged with a 29-28, 29-28, 30-27 unanimous decision.

The first round was especially brilliant, featuring a series of riveting grappling sequences, with Zhang scoring a takedown and both men threatening at various times. Tuck at one point neared an arm bar and rear naked choke, and Zhang looked for an inverted triangle. But Tuck nearly always had the positional advantage, going from Zhang's back to side control to mount during one stretch.

The second began with an exciting stretch of standup action but when the fight went to the ground, it was again Tuck who took over, although Zhang did have his moments, bloodying Tuck with an elbow.

Tuck's pace slowed in the third, and in a round that was mostly contested on the feet, Zhang found his stride, scoring consistently with a left cross. Tuck occasionally warded him off with a sharp right jab, but Zhang often found his way inside for the power strike. At one point, he clearly rocked Tuck with the same punch but Tuck recovered quickly and managed to last out the round and earn the win.

Tuck moved to 7-0 overall after capturing his octagon debut while Zhang's job may be in jeopardy after he lost his third straight, falling to 15-4.

Kemal
10-11-2012, 19:14
Takanori Gomi beats Mac Danzig by split decision

When it was over, the crowd at CotaiArena in Macau seemed as torn as the judges. Some cheered the decision, and some booed it. Nevertheless, Takanori Gomi will go home happy, handed a split-decision win after three rounds of action at UFC on FUEL 6.

Two judges scored it 29-28 for him while the third scored it 29-28 for Danzig.

The fight was relatively close from the beginning. Gomi, who is often a slow starter, came out with some urgency in the first round, throwing a series of combinations early, and scoring a takedown all within the first half of the round. Danzig returned to his feet quickly however without taking damage and scored with some knees from a clinch. He also scored a takedown of his own with about 20 seconds left and scored with some left hands as the opening five minutes expired.

Danzig had the fight's most dramatic moment in the second when he threatened with a guillotine in the round's final moments.

Gomi briefly had space but Danzig rolled to his back to try to lock it in, but the round expired before he could close.

Gomi did land the round's best strike when he briefly dislodged Danzig's mouthpiece with a hard right hand.

Danzig came back in the third with a series of uppercuts from the clinch but Gomi's conditioning held up and he contested everything as the fight went to the judges.

The victory marks Gomi's second straight octagon triumph, improving his overall record to 34-8 with 1 no contest.

Danzig understandably threw his hands up in frustration when the decision was read, but regardless, he's now lost two of his last three in falling to 21-10-1.

Kemal
10-11-2012, 19:16
Cung Le knocks out Rich Franklin

Before stepping into the cage to fight at UFC on FUEL 6, Cung Le was honest in assessing himself, saying that his foot was only at 80 percent of optimal health. As it turns out, his usually fancy feet were hardly necessary for victory, as Le uncorked a bomb of a right hook that knocked Rich Franklin unconscious for a knockout win.

The stunning finish came at 2:17 of the first round.

"I'm just grateful," the 40-year-old Le said afterward. "I dont know waht to say. Lucky punch."

Franklin had actually gotten off to a great start, getting inside and landing his combinations as Le struggled to find the distance necessary to land his kick-heavy offense. Instead, he decided to sit back and counter. Franklin went low with a left kick, and as his hands went low, Le came in with a blistering over-the-top hook that had Franklin out before he hit the mat.

"That's the biggest fight of my life," said the Vietnam-born Le, who was fighting in Asia for the first time as a mixed martial artist.

It was the second straight octagon win for Le, who is now 9-2 overall.

Franklin (29-7, 1 no contest) has now lost two of his last three. This was his return to middleweight, fighting in his old division for the fight time since April 2008. He had hoped to make one final title run before calling it quits.

The 38-year-old Franklin was clearly stunned by the result, declining to immediately decide on what his future holds.

"I'll have to go home, go back to the drawing board, sit down with my coaches and make an intelligent decision," he said.

Tony
10-11-2012, 20:39
Ongelofelijk zeg... die KO van Cung Le/Rich Franklin... de tering. Denk dat Rich morgen hoofdpijn heeft.
Jammer, hij zat er goed in. Hield netjes zijn range.

Kemal
10-11-2012, 22:42
Cung Le vs. Rich Franklin fight video highlights (http://www.bing.com/videos/browse?mkt=en-us&vid=1ca0107f-e75f-430b-9466-ec1869a817a6&from=sharepermalink&src=v5:share:sharepermalink:&from=shareembed-syndication)

Kemal
10-11-2012, 22:43
UFC on FUEL 6 Bonuses: Cung Le pockets $40,000 after flooring Rich Franklin

There was never any doubt. Fighting at 80-percent health, former Strikeforce middleweight champion Cung Le pocketed $40,000 in 'Knockout of the Night' bonus cash after starching Rich Franklin with a thunderous right hand midway through the first round of UFC on FUEL 6's main event.

"I'm just grateful," an overwhelmed Le said afterward. "I dont know what to say. Lucky punch."

Just as Le provided the night's only knockout, co-main eventer Thiao Silva provided the night's sole submission fireworks. Silva, down on the judges' scorecards, clawed back to finish previously undefeated Stanislav Nedkov via arm triangle choke in the final round of their light heavyweight bout. Silva earned a 'Submission of the Night' bonus for his work.

Lastly, both Mac Danzig and Takanori Gomi took home 'Fight of the Night' honors for a wild back-and-forth affair that saw Gomi capture a split decision win on the judges' scorecards. The bonus was Gomi's second in the UFC and Danzig's fourth.

bladetrinity
10-11-2012, 22:51
Bij zulke k.o.'s hoor ik in mijn hoofd Fred Royers zeggen: "jaa die zat er goed op". Benieuwd wat Rich nu gaat doen.

Kemal
11-11-2012, 07:54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oNBRMIHrGYQ

Kemal
11-11-2012, 07:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sYRcFqxKAgQ

carlo1
11-11-2012, 17:16
Hier een korte reactie op het bijwonen van ufc macau. allereerst fantastisch om het ufc spektakel eens in het echt mee te maken. iedereen in het echt gezien en voor niet teveel geld prima plaatsen. goed georganiseerd enz. partijen vond ik niet allemaal fantastisch, maar dat mocht de pret niet drukken. bij de ko van lee ging het dak eraf. ik vond het wel een stuk minder groot als dat vantevoren bedacht had. heb veel IS gala's bijgewoond en vind deze qua sfeer structuur enz zeker niet onderdoen voor het ufc event van gisteren. kortom: een aanrader om het een keer bij te wonen als je de kans hebt, maar staar je er niet blind op.
Nog een paar dagen hong kong en dan weer de kou van holland in.

Kemal
12-11-2012, 19:33
Zhang Tiequan injures hand in bout against Jon Tuck in Macau

Zhang Tiequan and Jon Tuck put on a stellar performance this past weekend at UFC Macao: Franklin vs. Le, with the two fighters going back and forth for majority of their 15 minute bout. Most people in the arena considered it as the unofficial Fight of the Night, and while both men gained a lot of respect from the local Chinese fans, it looks like it will take a while before they can see their hometown hero back in the cage.

On Sunday, MMAFighting.com has learned from Zhang himself that he had sustained an injury to his left hand during the bout against Tuck. The Chinese star showed his heavily wrapped and bandaged hand, stating through a translator that it was his left thumb that was broken.

Although there has been no official word yet on a timetable for his return, the 34-year-old fighter will likely be out of commission for months.

The decision loss to Tuck marks his third in a row, and drops his overall record to 15-4. Prior to heading to the UFC, the China Top Team product joined the WEC in 2010, and has gone 2-4 under the Zuffa banner with submission wins over Pablo Garza and Jason Reinhardt.

Kemal
14-11-2012, 17:46
Tom DeBlass announces retirement following UFC on FUEL TV 6 loss to Riki Fukuda

In a somewhat surprising move, UFC middleweight Tom DeBlass is retiring from fighting.

The fighter late Tuesday made the announcement on his Facebook page. The 30-year-old said he came to the decision after discussions with his family and coaches.

DeBlass (7-2 MMA, 0-2 UFC) this past Saturday dropped a unanimous decision to Riki Fukuda (19-6 MMA, 2-2 UFC) at UFC on FUEL TV 6 in Macau.

DeBlass, a New Jersey native and resident, started his career 7-0 and won the heavyweight title and light heavyweight title for the New Jersey-based Ring of Combat promotion before getting the call to fight in the UFC.

In April, he made his debut at UFC on FUEL TV 2 in Sweden, replacing an injured Jorgen Kruth to face Cyrllle Diabate on just 12 days' notice. But he dropped a majority decision.

He returned for the promotion's debut in China this past weekend, but again came out on the short end, falling by scores of 30-27 and a pair of 29-28s in his middleweight debut.

"After a lot of talk with my family and coaches, I have decided to retire from fighting and focus on my family, my academy and helping my students to achieve their goals," DeBlass stated on his Facebook page. "I have had the opportunity to win the Pan American games, the No Gi World Championships, and National Championships, the Abu Dhabi trials and compete in Abu Dhabi. I have competed all over the world at 30 years old. I fought for Ring of Combat and won their titles. I made it to UFC in a year and a half."

But DeBlass went on to say that he believes he is best served remaining in the sport, but helping other fighters at his jiu-jitsu academy.

"I know I am nowhere near my prime, however I feel my time is better spent elsewhere," he stated. "At this time I feel it's best for me to give my time to others, and spend more time with my family. The drive to keep fighting is not there any longer. I have an amazing academy and feel my students need my full attention. Maybe I will return to jiu-jitsu competition. Thanks to everyone for the support. It's been an awesome ride. God bless."

There has been no official announcement from the UFC of DeBlass' decision to retire.

In his first seven fights, all under the Ring of Combat banner, he had four stoppages, including three in the first round.

DeBlass is a first-degree jiu-jitsu black belt under Ricardo Almeida. His school, Ocean County Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, is located in Forked River, N.J.