PDA

View Full Version : UFC on FUEL TV 7: Matt Riddle vs. Che Mills

Kemal
27-11-2012, 19:20
The UFC will finally return to London after a two-and-a-half year drought, booking a show that will take place on February 16 at Wembley Arena.

MMA Fighting confirmed the event, which will be UFC on FUEL 7, with sources close to the promotion. It was first reported by the UK's Daily Mirror newspaper, though the report was eventually taken down from their website.

The UFC has not visited London since October 2010, when Michael Bisping and Yoshihiro Akiyama headlined UFC 120, with the Brit winning in his homeland by unanimous decision. That event, which took place at the 02 Arena, drew 17,133 fans and a gate of over $2.5 million.

Since then, the UFC has returned to the UK on two other occasions, visiting Birmingham for UFC 138 in November 2011 and Nottingham for UFC on FUEL: Struve vs. Miocic in September 2012.

Wembley Arena holds about 12,500 fans, according to the arena's website, though floor seating could potentially increase that number. It will be the UFC's first visit to the venue.

No matches have yet to be agreed upon for the show, but the event is likely to be officially announced shortly.

The Green
28-11-2012, 13:56
Ik hoor net dat er weer een UFC event gepland staat voor Europa.
Weet niet of het al gepost is maar ik denk zet het toch maar ff op Mixfight.

Wat ik hoorde is het op zaterdag 16-2-2013 in het Wembley stadion....

Ben benieuwd of het echt zo is, want op de site van UFC kan ik niets vinden.
hoop niet dat ik mensen blij maak met een dooie mus.

Ik ben in ieder geval van de partij als het doorgaat.

laters...

Kemal
02-12-2012, 07:54
Matt Riddle meets Che Mills at UFC on FUEL TV 7 in London

Matt Riddle's aversion to fighting in England may not matter this winter.

The welterweight reportedly is being targeted for a fight against England's Che Mills when the UFC returns to the country in February for UFC on FUEL TV 7. Fighters Only brought word of the expected booking.

UFC officials have yet to announce the fight, but both Riddle and Mills have made varying references to it on their Twitter accounts. For his part, Riddle on Twitter said he didn't have interest in returning to England for a fight unless it was against Dan Hardy – or he got a "nice pay raise."

But Mills responded to the reported booking by asking his followers what they thought of the rumored matchup.

Riddle this past July beat Chris Clements at UFC 149 (though it was later overturned to a no contest when he tested positive for marijuana. After the fight, which earned him a "Submission of the Night" bonus, Riddle surprised reporters at the post-event news conference by regaling them with a story of his first fight in England – and dropping a quick insult the way of British people and explaining just why he didn't want to return to fight in the country.

"I will be completely honest," Riddle said. "When I fought in Manchester, England, (for UFC 105), they were very cruel to me. One fan actually spit directly in my face, and he was lucky enough where it hit my mouth. To be completely honest, I don't have anything against English people. But ... I'll go over to London, and I'll put 'em down.

"It was my first international fight, and it was one I'll never forget. It was my first loss in the UFC (to English fighter Nick Osipczak), and ever since I've had that loss, I've never let anything like that happen to me again. All my other losses are usually 'Fight of the Night' or a decision loss, and that was the only time I was finished in my career."

Riddle then uncorked his final jab, and he put England in his crosshairs.

"To be disrespected like that ... for some butter-toothed Brit to spit in my mouth, that was some bull," he said. "And honestly it's never been the same."

So his potential booking on the card, which takes place at Wembley Arena in London, is perhaps poetic in nature, even if it's not against Hardy, who took offense to his "butter-toothed Brit" comment.

Riddle (7-3 MMA, 7-3 UFC) is coming off a unanimous decision win over John Maguire at UFC 154 two weeks ago in Montreal. Along with the overturned win against Clements, he won a split decision against Henry Martinez in February to go be perfect – minus the no contest – in 2012.

Mills in October picked up a TKO win against Duane Ludwig in front of his home fans in England when Ludwig suffered a leg injury in the first round. That got him back in the win column following a second-round TKO loss to Rory MacDonald at UFC 145 in April. A fight against Riddle in London would be Mills' third fight in his home country in four UFC bouts. His debut was a 40-second TKO of Chris Cope at UFC 138 a little more than a year ago.

Kemal
06-12-2012, 08:13
Andy Ogle vs. Josh Grispi targeted for UFC on FUEL TV 7 in London

A featherweight bout between "The Ultimate Fighter 15" cast member Andy Ogle (8-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and former No. 1 contender Josh Grispi (14-4 MMA, 0-3 UFC) is expected to to be part of UFC on FUEL TV 7 in London.

Fighters Only first reported the bout, and Ogle later hinted at the likely matchup on Twitter, though UFC officials have made no formal announcement.

UFC on FUEL TV 7 takes place Feb. 16 at historic Wembley Arena in London. The event's main card airs on FUEL TV following prelims on Facebook.

Ogle vs. Grispi likely would be part of the prelims.

Ogle appeared on "TUF 15" earlier this year after posting a seven-fight win streak on the U.K. regional circuit. However, after a semifinal finish on the reality show, he wasn't medically cleared to compete at the live finale and instead fought Akira Corassani at UFC on FUEL TV 5. Ogle, though, suffered a split-decision loss.

He's now in a must-win situation, as is his opponent Grispi, whose promised title shot with UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo was delayed due to the titleholder's injury. In his UFC debut, the WEC vet instead fought Dustin Poirier and suffered a decision loss, which snapped his 10-fight win streak. Grispi then suffered additional losses to George Roop and Rani Yahya to bring his current losing streak to three fights.

Harrie Nak
06-12-2012, 13:24
Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Dan Hardy possible for UFC on Fuel 7 in London.
(http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_15174.shtml)

Kemal
06-12-2012, 18:31
Renan Barao-Michael McDonald title fight set for UFC on FUEL TV 7 in London

The people spoke, and it looks like the UFC listened.

United Kingdom fans have been pining not just for more UFC events, but for a card headlined by a title fight. In February, they'll get it.

UFC interim bantamweight champion Renan Barao (29-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) will meet Michael McDonald (19-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) in the main event of UFC on FUEL TV 7. Promotion officials announced the fight booking overnight.

UFC on FUEL TV 7 takes place Feb. 16 at historic Wembley Arena in London. The event's main card airs on FUEL TV following prelims on Facebook. The card will be the UFC's second in England in a span of less than five months following UFC on FUEL TV 5, which took place in September in Nottingham.

The U.K.'s first title fight came in London at UFC 75. That card was headlined by a title unification bout between UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and PRIDE champ Dan Henderson. And at UFC 80 B.J. Penn won the lightweight belt against Joe Stevenson in Newcastle. But that was in January 2008, and fans in Europe, and England in particular, have been clamoring for another title fight ever since.

In the case of Barao-McDonald, UFC President Dana White recently announced that with current bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz (19-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) further sidelined by a second surgery on his ACL, new first reported by mmajunkie, he would make a fight between the two. It apparently didn't take long to decide on a location.

Barao won the interim title this past July with a unanimous decision victory over Urijah Faber at UFC 149. He was moved into that spot when Cruz blew out his knee the first time while preparing to face Faber for a third time.

Barao's win kept him unbeaten since the first and only loss of his pro MMA career, which came in his first fight. Since then, he has gone 30 straight fights without a loss – 29-0-1. Under the Zuffa banner, he went 2-0 in the WEC before moving to the UFC and ratting off three straight wins before getting his shot at Faber for the interim belt.

Barao recently told MMAjunkie.com he was already prepared to move on without Cruz.

"I was OK with the news because a lot of people were already speculating that I wasn't going to face Cruz," he said. "I wasn't that focused on him. I'll be prepared for whoever they put against me. ... I already had it in my mind that I could fight McDonald. He's coming off of good wins and good knockouts. It makes sense."

McDonald fought most recently at UFC 145 in April, where he scored an impressive first-round knockout of former WEC champ Miguel Torres. McDonald is 5-0 under the Zuffa banner with three stoppages, including back-to-back first-round knockouts. At just 21, he has long been considered one of the bantamweight division's top prospects.

McDonald has not fought since the quick win over Torres, with a layoff owing to an injury after he underwent surgery to repair ligaments in his hand. But he recently told MMAjunkie.com that he's resumed full training and would like to fight in early 2013. It'll now come against Barao.

Kemal
06-12-2012, 18:32
Castillo-Sass, Etim-Forte, Lee-Tezuka, Gomez-Harris added to UFC on FUEL TV 7

In addition to the headlining interim bantamweight title fight, four more new bouts have been announced for the UFC's February return to England.

The card now will include lightweight fights between Danny Castillo (14-5 MMA, 4-2 UFC) and Paul Sass (13-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) and Terry Etim (15-4 MMA, 6-4 UFC) vs. Renee Forte (7-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC); a bantamweight bout between Vaughan Lee (12-8 MMA, 1-2 UFC) and Motonubu Tezuka (19-5-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC); and a flyweight fight between Ulysses Gomez (9-03 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and Phil Harris (21-10 MMA, 0-1 UFC).

Promotion officials announced the slew of new fight bookings overnight, and not surprisingly, each fight features a fighter from England.

UFC on FUEL TV 7 takes place Feb. 16 at Wembley Arena in London. The event's main card, including a title fight between interim bantamweight champion Renan Barao and challenger Michael McDonald, airs on FUEL TV following prelims on Facebook.

Sass will be looking for redemption in a big way. In September at UFC on FUEL TV 5 in Nottingham, England, he dropped the first fight of his career after starting 13-0 with 12 submissions. Matt Wiman ruined his perfect run by turning the tables and submitting him with an armbar in the first round. In the UFC, Sass had submitted Mark Holst, Michael Johnson and Jacob Volkmann. Castillo in October had a three-fight streak snapped by Michael Johnson, who knocked him out in the second round at UFC on FX 5, his first loss in more than a year.

Etim, a native of Liverpool, has been sidelined by injuries and will return for the first time in 13 months when he meets Forte. Etim's last fight saw him on the wrong end of one of 2012's biggest highlights, a spinning wheel kick knockout loss to Edson Barboza at UFC 142 in Brazil this past January. That was Etim's second loss in three fights and, like 2010 and 2011, would prove to be his only fight in the calendar year. His lone fight in 2010 was a submission loss to Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 112, and his only outing in 2011 was a submission win over Edward Faaloloto, also in England at UFC 138. Forte, a middleweight cast member on "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil," dropped his official UFC debut in October with a third-round submission setback against fellow house member Sergio Moraes.

Lee had been rumored for a fight against Urijah Faber at UFC 156, but Faber will meet Ivan Menjivar at UFC 157 and now Lee gets Tezuka in England. Lee will return for the first time since a July submission loss to T.J. Dillashaw at UFC on FUEL TV 4 in San Jose, Calif. That loss erased a February submission win over Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto at UFC 144. Tezuka is coming off a loss, as well. He dropped his UFC debut just this past month on the UFC's first card in China when Alex Caceres took a split decision against him, snapping his three-fight win streak.

Gomez, long considered one of the world's top flyweights before the UFC added the 125-pound division earlier this year, looks for some redemption after losing his UFC debut in August when John Moraga knocked him out at UFC on FOX 4. Harris gets to fight in his home country for the first time in the UFC. He made his debut with the promotion in October, but lost by second-round rear-naked choke against Darren Uyenoyama at UFC on FX 5 in Minneapolis. That loss snapped a five-fight win streak that ultimately got him the call from the UFC.

The latest UFC on FUEL TV 7 card now includes:

Interim champ Renan Barao vs. Michael McDonald - for interim bantamweight title
Che Mills vs. Matthew Riddle
Danny Castillo vs. Paul Sass
Terry Etim vs. Renee Forte
Vaughan Lee vs. Motonobu Tezuka
Ulysses Gomez vs. Phil Harris
Josh Grispi vs. Andy Ogle

Kemal
07-12-2012, 22:09
Cyrille Diabate vs. Jimi Manuwa added to UFC on FUEL TV 7 in London
A light-heavyweight bout between Cyrille Diabate (19-8-1 MMA, 4-2 UFC) and Jimi Manuwa (12-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) is the latest addition to the quickly filling UFC on FUEL TV 7 card.

UFC officials today announced the fight.

UFC on FUEL TV 7 takes place Feb. 16 at Wembley Arena in London. The event's main card, including a title fight between interim bantamweight champion Renan Barao and challenger Michael McDonald, airs on FUEL TV following Facebook prelims.

It's not clear where Diabate vs. Manuwa will end up on the lineup.

Diabate, a former kickboxer who's steadily rounding out his game, is on a two-fight win streak (with victories over Tom DeBlass and Chad Griggs) with three wins in his past four fights, all in the UFC. The former PRIDE and EliteXC fighter is 9-2 since 2007.

Manuwa, who fights in his home country at February's event, made his long-awaited UFC debut in September and scored a dominant TKO victory over Kyle Kingsbury at UFC on FUEL TV 5 in Nottingham. The 32-year-old has now posted 11 knockouts in 12 career wins, and he's never gone beyond the second round in his career.

Kemal
13-12-2012, 18:41
Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson to serve as co-main event for UFC on FUEL TV 7

The UFC's fight card for its return to the United Kingdom continues to fill out. The promotion announced a featherweight bout between Dennis Siver and Cub Swanson will serve as that night's co-main event bout.
Siver, 33, is on a two-fight win streak since dropping to featherweight after losing handily at lightweight to Donald Cerrone at UFC 137 in October of 2011. He first defeated Diego Nunes by unanimous decision in April of this year and most recently bested Nam Phan in a one-sided bout on Saturday at UFC on Fox 5. Siver is 10-5 in the Octagon and holds a professional MMA record of 21-8.

Swanson, 29, is on a three-fight win streak at 145 pounds, all of the wins coming inside the 2012 calendar year. Swanson stopped George Roop with strikes at UFC on FOX 2 in January, did the same to Ross Pearson at UFC on FX 4 in June and recently knocked out Charles Oliveira in the first round at UFC 152. Swanson is 8-4 in Zuffa promotions and 18-5 in his overall MMA career.

UFC on FUEL TV 7 takes place at the Wembley Arena in London, England on Feb. 16, 2013. The event is headlined by an interim bantamweight title bout between champion Renan Barao and challenger Michael McDonald.

Kemal
13-12-2012, 18:42
Gunnar Nelson vs. Justin Edwards added to UFC on FUEL TV 7 in London

Gunnar Nelson (10-0-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) will bring his finishing skills and vibrant personality to London when he meets fellow welterweight Justin Edwards (8-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC) at UFC on FUEL TV 7 in February.

UFC officials today announced the bout.

UFC on FUEL TV 7 takes place Feb. 16 at London's Wembley Arena. The main card airs on FUEL TV following prelims on Facebook.

It's not clear where Nelson vs. Edwards will be placed on the lineup.

Nelson made his promotional debut in September at UFC on FUEL TV 5 and needed less than a round to submit DaMarques Johnson. It was the Icelandic fighter's 10th stoppage victory in 10 career wins, and his nonchalant, icy-cold post-fight interview let the division know he means business now that he's on MMA's biggest stage.

The Renzo Gracie black belt now meets Edwards, who scored a stunning 45-second victory over Josh Neer that earned "Submission of the Night" honors at UFC on FX 5. It was undoubtedly the biggest win of his career. "The Ultimate Fighter 13" cast member and Jorge Gurgel purple belt now looks to score the first back-to-back victories of his UFC career.

With the addition to the card, the UFC on FUEL TV lineup now includes:

Renan Barao vs. Michael McDonald - for interim bantamweight title
Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson
Cyrille Diabate vs. Jimi Manuwa
Justin Edwards vs. Gunnar Nelson

Kemal
17-12-2012, 08:00
UFC on FUEL TV 7 adds Tom Watson vs. Stanislav Nedkov

A middleweight bout between Tom Watson (15-5 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and Stanislav Nedkov (12-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) is the latest addition to February's UFC on FUEL TV 7 card.

UFC officials recently announced the bout.

UFC on FUEL TV 7 takes place Feb. 16 at London's Wembley Arena. The main card airs on FUEL TV following prelims on Facebook.

It's not clear where Watson vs. Nedkov will be placed on the card.

Watson, a former BAMMA champion, signed with the UFC earlier this year after an 11-1 run that included victories over John Maguire, Matt Horwich and Murilo "Ninja" Rua. However, in his promotional debut, he suffered a narrow split-decision loss to Brad Tavares at UFC on FUEL TV 5.

He looks to get back on track against Nedkov, who began his career with a 12-0 mark, which included a TKO win over Luiz Cane in his UFC debut. Nedkov, who drops from light heavyweight to middleweight for this latest bout, then suffered a submission loss to Thiago Silva at UFC on FUEL TV 6. But the November bout overturned the fight and declared it a no-contest after Silva tested positive for marijuana metabolites.

With the addition to the card, the UFC on FUEL TV 7 lineup now includes:

Ryan Jimmo vs. James Te Huna
Stanislav Nedkov vs. Tom Watson

Chane
17-12-2012, 16:05
Vraag me af hoelang Cruz zn titel houdt. Staat daar een bepaalde tijd voor eigenlijk?

Kemal
25-12-2012, 08:26
Lineup set for UFC on FUEL TV 7 in London with Facebook prelims

The lineup is set for February's return to London with UFC on FUEL TV 7.

Like past versions of the event series, the lineup includes a main card on FUEL TV and prelims on Facebook.

UFC on FUEL TV 7 takes place Feb. 16 at Wembley Arena in London. The championship headliner features a title fight with interim bantamweight champion Renan Barao (29-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) vs. Michael McDonald (19-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC). It's Barao's first attempted title defense, which came about after a second knee surgery recently put reigning champion Dominick Cruz back on the shelf.

Due to the time difference, UFC on FUEL TV 7 is expected to kick off at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) with a 3 p.m. ET start time for the main card.

In addition to the title fight, the card includes a potential title eliminator with featherweights Cub Swanson (18-5 MMA, 3-1 UFC) vs. Dennis Siver (21-8 MMA, 10-5 UFC).

The full UFC on FUEL TV 7 lineup includes:

MAIN CARD (3 p.m. ET)
Ryan Jimmo vs. James Te Huna

PRELIMINARY CARD (noon ET)
Stanislav Nedkov vs. Tom Watson

crab-
12-01-2013, 14:45
Weet toevallig iemand hoe laat de weigh ins beginnen? En of je hier al toeschouwer bij kan zijn?

lowkickPrime
14-01-2013, 00:51
Als toeschouwer kun je hier bij zijn. Sterker nog, het is vaak vrij drukbezocht voor zover ik weet. Ik denk dat je hoe laat de weigh-ins beginnen over enkele tijd wel terug kunt vinden op de UFC pagina, of wellicht op een ander internationaal forum. Gaat waarschijnlijk wel een persbericht van uit.

Kijk er overigens naar uit om Riddle weer te zien vechten!

Kemal
06-02-2013, 20:56
http://prommanow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/UFC_on_FUEL_7.jpg

Kemal
11-02-2013, 19:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6gJL0KQfbD0

Kemal
13-02-2013, 17:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=npCUlptYYRI

Kemal
13-02-2013, 18:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK9sG0Cxn_0&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
14-02-2013, 17:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNQu1r1KUWI&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
15-02-2013, 08:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=T2dnlm6Q9Bk

Kemal
15-02-2013, 21:01
UFC on FUEL TV 7 weigh-in results

MAIN (FUEL TV, 3 p.m. ET)

Champ Renan Barao (134) vs. Michael McDonald (134) - for interim bantamweight title
Dustin Poirier (145) vs. Cub Swanson (146)
Cyrille Diabate (206) vs. Jimi Manuwa (204)
Gunnar Nelson (169) vs. Jorge Santiago (170)
Ryan Jimmo (205) vs. James Te Huna (205)
Che Mills (170) vs. Matthew Riddle (170)

PRELIMINARY (Facebook, 12:15 p.m. ET)

Terry Etim (155) vs. Renee Forte (156)
Danny Castillo (156) vs. Paul Sass (156)
Josh Grispi (144) vs. Andy Ogle (145)
Stanislav Nedkov (185) vs. Tom Watson (185)
Vaughan Lee (134) vs. Motonobu Tezuka (135)
Ulysses Gomez (126) vs. Phil Harris (125)

Kemal
16-02-2013, 07:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TlCNJTBHcaE

Kemal
16-02-2013, 07:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a1v4k57rBR4

Flabbert
16-02-2013, 12:10
UFC on FUEL TV 7 weigh-in results

MAIN (FUEL TV, 3 p.m. ET)

Champ Renan Barao (134) vs. Michael McDonald (134) - for interim bantamweight title
Dustin Poirier (145) vs. Cub Swanson (146)
Cyrille Diabate (206) vs. Jimi Manuwa (204)
Gunnar Nelson (169) vs. Jorge Santiago (170)
Ryan Jimmo (205) vs. James Te Huna (205)
Che Mills (170) vs. Matthew Riddle (170)

PRELIMINARY (Facebook, 12:15 p.m. ET)

Terry Etim (155) vs. Renee Forte (156)
Danny Castillo (156) vs. Paul Sass (156)
Josh Grispi (144) vs. Andy Ogle (145)
Stanislav Nedkov (185) vs. Tom Watson (185)
Vaughan Lee (134) vs. Motonobu Tezuka (135)
Ulysses Gomez (126) vs. Phil Harris (125)

PRELIMINARY (Facebook, 12:15 p.m. ET) voor de nederlandse tijd ( 18:15)

MAIN (FUEL TV, 3 p.m. ET) nederlandse tijd (vanaf 21:00)

voor de rekenwonders onder ons.

The Company
16-02-2013, 19:22
Het is begonnen

Son & Breugel!
16-02-2013, 19:26
http://us10.chatzy.com/15327470040763

Son & Breugel!
16-02-2013, 19:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEVqaXda8JA&feature=g-user-u

live stream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEVqaXda8JA&feature=g-user-u

Son & Breugel!
16-02-2013, 20:50
Maincard

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/169519/1/watch-ufc-on-fuel-tv-7:-barao-vs-mcdonald.html

Sparta
16-02-2013, 22:08
krijg m niet werkend...jullie wel?

Sparta
16-02-2013, 22:11
veel spam sex ed reclame in beeld...geen ufc

lopez86
16-02-2013, 22:18
Die link doet t niet hier, en zal ongetwijfeld veel malware op mn pc gedumpt hebben.

veel spam sex ed reclame in beeld...geen ufc

Je weet toch dat dat soort reclames met je eigen surfgedrag te maken hebben, ik krijg bedrijfswagen reclames in beeld :rolleyes::lol:

The Company
16-02-2013, 22:28
Bij mij doet hij het wel.

MuayThaiGuy
16-02-2013, 22:43
Die link doet t niet hier, en zal ongetwijfeld veel malware op mn pc gedumpt hebben.

Je weet toch dat dat soort reclames met je eigen surfgedrag te maken hebben, ik krijg bedrijfswagen reclames in beeld :rolleyes::lol:

Wielren kleding wtf

jantje11
16-02-2013, 23:20
Gaat goed met de Blackzilians. Al 3 vechters op rij die verliezen.

jantje11
16-02-2013, 23:41
Santiago helpt de losing streak van de blackzilians naar 4.

Asura
17-02-2013, 02:46
Het is ook een zooitje ongeregeld.