PDA

View Full Version : Palhares, Beltran test positive after UFC on FX 6, suspended nine months

Kemal
11-01-2013, 07:53
Rousimar Palhares and Joey Beltran were flagged after their fights this past month in Australia and have been suspended for nine months by the UFC.

UFC officials late Thursday announced the suspensions in an official statement.

Palhares, the UFC said, tested positive for elevated testosterone levels. And Beltran tested positive for nandrolone, a banned steroid.

The two fought at UFC on FX 6, which took place Dec. 15 at Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. It aired Dec. 14 in the U.S. (on FX, FUEL TV and Facebook) due to the time difference.

When no regulatory body is available, as is the case for most UFC international shows, the promotion oversees its own drug testing and medical suspensions, typically headed up by Marc Ratner, the former head of the Nevada State Athletic Commission and the UFC's vice president for regulatory affairs.

"The UFC organization has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance-enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents," the UFC statement read. "Both athletes have agreed to serve a nine-month suspension retroactive to Dec. 14. They must pass a drug test upon completion of the suspension before receiving clearance to compete again."

Palhares and Beltran each were given medical suspensions of up to six months after their fights – Palhares for a right foot injury and Beltran for a right hand injury. But those become largely moot now since neither fighter will be able to return to the UFC prior to mid-September.

Palhares (14-5 MMA, 7-5 UFC) came out on the business end of Hector Lombard's first UFC win when the longtime Australian resident tore through him for a first-round TKO victory. His suspension won't affect his record, since he lost the fight regardless.

The NSAC allows a maximum testosterone-to-epitestosterone level of 6-to-1. The UFC did not release what Palhares' elevated level was. The suspension for Palhares is his second under the UFC banner. He was suspended for 90 days in 2010 for failing to release a fight-ending heel hook against Thomasz Drwal immediately after Drwal tapped.

Beltran (15-8 MMA, 4-5 UFC) won for the first time in the UFC since June 2011 when he beat Igor Pokrajac by a unanimous decision sweep in a slugfest. But that win will be overturned to a no contest in the wake of Beltran's positive test.

Beltran returned to the UFC in July as a light heavyweight after dropping down from heavyweight. He had lost three straight fights in the promotion, with his lone win since June 2011 coming outside the organization in his debut at 205 pounds. His loss to James Te-Huna in July still earned him a "Fight of the Night" bonus.

Diz
11-01-2013, 13:00
Zou je niet zeggen van Paul Harris... ;)

mmaikel
11-01-2013, 16:11
Zo als hij zelf al aangaf kwam zijn fysiek door het zware werk van vroeger op het platteland van brazilie. Alle boeren zien er waarschijnlijk daar zo uit ;)

Garcia
11-01-2013, 16:21
Zat eraan te komen.

bryan
11-01-2013, 16:38
tja hij en de rest van de UFC

Diz
11-01-2013, 16:48
Zo als hij zelf al aangaf kwam zijn fysiek door het zware werk van vroeger op het platteland van brazilie. Alle boeren zien er waarschijnlijk daar zo uit ;)

Haha ik zie em al lopen met zo'n mega grote ploeg om z'n middel gebonden...

Zuffa LLC
11-01-2013, 18:55
jammer met name van palhares. heb altijd een zwak voor die jongen, zieke BJJ heeft die gozer vooral als die een been vast heeft. maar wat is zou de reden zijn dat palhares heeft gebruikt? hij heeft nog nooit iemand TKO geslagen en hij zal toch niet gedacht hebben ik sla die lombard even KO... je krijgt toch geen betere BJJ door doping ofwel?? dat was namelijk de enige manier voor hem om lombard te verslaan

edit: je kunt natuurlijk wel iemand langer in een choke ofzo houden als je meer kracht hebt...

kooivechter
11-01-2013, 19:33
jammer met name van palhares. heb altijd een zwak voor die jongen, zieke BJJ heeft die gozer vooral als die een been vast heeft. maar wat is zou de reden zijn dat palhares heeft gebruikt? hij heeft nog nooit iemand TKO geslagen en hij zal toch niet gedacht hebben ik sla die lombard even KO... je krijgt toch geen betere BJJ door doping ofwel?? dat was namelijk de enige manier voor hem om lombard te verslaan

edit: je kunt natuurlijk wel iemand langer in een choke ofzo houden als je meer kracht hebt...

Maar je wordt wel sterker en explosiever, handig voor take downs, daar zat ook z,n enige kans

FOCUS
11-01-2013, 19:43
Sneller herstel, meer zelfvertrouwen, vaker kunnen trainen, intensiever kunnen trainen, om maar een paar redenen te noemen....

Tony
12-01-2013, 00:15
Opzouten met palhares... walgelijke vent... Hij moet eens leren om die beenklemmen niet onnodig en expres aan te trekken na een tap.

Ulis-E
12-01-2013, 08:55

het gaat vooral om het snelle herstellen na de training, aangezien ze nu 3 keer per dag trainen ofzo.. en krachtstoename komt dan automatisch omdat je harder kan trainen na een beter herstel.. dat is natuurlijk altijd mooi meegenomen... en hij heeft z'n braziliaanse lichaam mee wat betreft kracht en spiermassa

De dikke nudist
12-01-2013, 19:24
Haha ik zie em al lopen met zo'n mega grote ploeg om z'n middel gebonden...

XD
Jeweetzelluf. Net als Conan. Low tech training ftw.

mmaikel
12-01-2013, 19:48
Hector Lombard: Rousimar Palhares 'is a shame for the sport'
Hector Lombard responds bitterly to Rousimar Palhares testing positive for PEDs following a loss at UFC on FX 6 in December.
"Well, my response is like he needs to be a better person on the inside,' said Lombard. "You know? I think that the guy, something really wrong happened to him. You know? He needs to be a better person, inside and out.
"I say stuff about him, because he made the comment that he was going to break my leg regardless if I would have tapped or not. I don't know what's wrong with that guy. And now that happened to him. I mean, he's a cheater. What else can I say?
"I never had respect for him from the beginning anyway. How can I have respect for a guy that intentionally breaks peoples' legs. I cannot have respect for that guy.
"I think that he is a shame for the sport. The sport needs to clean up from people like him. I think that he needs to go and fight people in the street or something. This is a professional sport where you need discipline and you need to be a professional. Guys like that are bad for the UFC. They are bad for the sport. Shame on him."

Pahlavan
12-01-2013, 20:10
Hector Lombard: Rousimar Palhares 'is a shame for the sport'

Hector Lombard responds bitterly to Rousimar Palhares testing positive for PEDs following a loss at UFC on FX 6 in December.
"Well, my response is like he needs to be a better person on the inside,' said Lombard. "You know? I think that the guy, something really wrong happened to him. You know? He needs to be a better person, inside and out.
"I say stuff about him, because he made the comment that he was going to break my leg regardless if I would have tapped or not. I don't know what's wrong with that guy. And now that happened to him. I mean, he's a cheater. What else can I say?
"I never had respect for him from the beginning anyway. How can I have respect for a guy that intentionally breaks peoples' legs. I cannot have respect for that guy.
"I think that he is a shame for the sport. The sport needs to clean up from people like him. I think that he needs to go and fight people in the street or something. This is a professional sport where you need discipline and you need to be a professional. Guys like that are bad for the UFC. They are bad for the sport. Shame on him."

Ik ben het over het algemeen eens met de dingen die hij hierboven noemt maar Hector is zelf bepaald ook niet een lieve jongen. Hij staat er om bekend dat hij tijdens het trainen vaak te ver gaat en trainingpartners pijn probeert te doen.

mmaikel
12-01-2013, 20:58
Ik ben het over het algemeen eens met de dingen die hij hierboven noemt maar Hector is zelf bepaald ook niet een lieve jongen. Hij staat er om bekend dat hij tijdens het trainen vaak te ver gaat en trainingpartners pijn probeert te doen.

Klopt. Totdat hij Josh Barnett tegen kwam die hem even een koekje van eigen deeg gaf.

Hector Lombard’s Beef With Josh Barnett Stems From A Bloody Sparring Match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6zDEypgYGGI

It’s not often a middleweight calls out a heavyweight, but that’s exactly what Hector Lombard did when he called out Josh Barnett after knocking out Jay Silva in 38 seconds at Bellator 24. While nothing ever came of it, many wondered why Lombard called out Barnett in the first place. Well, according to Eric Paulson in this interview with FightHubTV (http://www.fighthubtv.com/video/hector-lombard-josh-barnett-fued/), it all started when a five minute sparring session between Lombard and Barnett turned into a 32-minute bloody war. At a later date, Barnett confronted Lombard, pinned him down in the cage and decided to have a little talk with him about how hard Hector likes to spar. Apparently, that really pissed Hector because he left the CSW gym altogether and moved to South Florida to train at ATT. The rest is history…

Bromios
12-01-2013, 23:53
Palhares met a bitch, and her name is Karma..

Niek-S
13-01-2013, 16:02
Klopt. Totdat hij Josh Barnett tegen kwam die hem even een koekje van eigen deeg gaf.

Hector Lombard’s Beef With Josh Barnett Stems From A Bloody Sparring Match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6zDEypgYGGI

It’s not often a middleweight calls out a heavyweight, but that’s exactly what Hector Lombard did when he called out Josh Barnett after knocking out Jay Silva in 38 seconds at Bellator 24. While nothing ever came of it, many wondered why Lombard called out Barnett in the first place. Well, according to Eric Paulson in this interview with FightHubTV (http://www.fighthubtv.com/video/hector-lombard-josh-barnett-fued/), it all started when a five minute sparring session between Lombard and Barnett turned into a 32-minute bloody war. At a later date, Barnett confronted Lombard, pinned him down in the cage and decided to have a little talk with him about how hard Hector likes to spar. Apparently, that really pissed Hector because he left the CSW gym altogether and moved to South Florida to train at ATT. The rest is history…

Wel een apart verhaal