PDA

View Full Version : UFC on FX 7: Belfort vs. Bisping | Results **Spoiler**

Kemal
20-01-2013, 08:07
Main Card
Vitor Belfort def. Michael Bisping via second-round TKO
C.B. Dollaway def. Daniel Sarafian via split decision
Gabriel Gonzaga def. Ben Rothwell via submission (guillotine)
Khabib Nurmagomedov def. Thiago Tavares via first-round TKO

Undercard
Godofredo Castro def. Milton Vieira via split decision
Ronny Markes def. Andrew Craig via unanimous decision
Nik Lentz def. Diego Nunes via unanimous decision
Edson Barboza def. Lucas Martins via TKO (strikes)
Yuri Alcantara vs. Pedro Nobre declared a no contest (accidental punches to back of the head)
Ildemar Alcantara def. Wagner Prado via submission (kneebar)
Francisco Trinaldo def. C.J. Keith via submission (arm triangle)

Kemal
20-01-2013, 08:07
VIDEOS:

Vitor Belfort vs Michael Bisping - UFC On FX 7 (http://fightnext.com/video/UO6K6W9W54MA/Vitor-Belfort-vs-Michael-Bisping--UFC-On-FX-7)
Daniel Sarafian vs C.B. Dollaway - UUFC On FX 7 (http://fightnext.com/video/N3XX9MOHBWXY/Daniel-Sarafian-vs-CB-Dollaway--UFC-On-FX-7)
Gabriel Gonzaga vs Ben Rothwell - UFC On FX 7 (http://fightnext.com/video/H1H34OK8D4R5/Gabriel-Gonzaga-vs-Ben-Rothwell--UFC-On-FX-7)
Thiago Tavares vs Khabib Nurmagomedov - UFC On FX 7 (http://fightnext.com/video/1XR5XB2GBKUX/Thiago-Tavares-vs-Khabib-Nurmagomedov--UFC-On-FX-7)

Kemal
20-01-2013, 08:11
Francisco Trinaldo chokes out C.J. Keith in second

The Brazilian fans in Sao Paulo got just what they were hoping for right out of the gate.

With the UFC in Sao Paulo for the first time since 1998, and with Brazilians fighting in each of the 11 bouts on the card, Francisco Trinaldo gave his home fans just what they were looking for with a submission of C.J. Keith to open the action. Trinaldo stopped Keith with a second-round arm-triangle choke.

The lightweight bout opened up the preliminary card of Saturday's UFC on FX 7 event at Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo, Brazil. It streamed on Facebook prior to additional prelims on FUEL TV and a main card on FX.

Both fighters danced and faked early, with Keith mixing in a couple outside leg kicks before Trinaldo landed an overhand left and then clinched Keith up on the fence. After a minute of standup jostling for position, Trinaldo got Keith to the ground and quickly passed to full mount with nearly three minutes left.

Trinaldo put Keith into survival mode and looked to land ground-and-pound, but Keith got out of trouble, reversed and got to top position working out of Trinaldo's guard. Trinaldo went after Keith's left arm, but Keith exploded out and back to his feet. But clinched up again, Trinaldo pushed the fight to the canvas a second time, where he again looked to pass to mount from half-guard.

Trinaldo survived the first round, but it was clear that Trinaldo had set the pace for the second.

In the second, Keith threw a desperate high kick, knowing Trinaldo was getting close to getting inside for another takedown. But soon enough, Trinaldo again had double underhooks and scooped Keith up for a suplex. With Trinaldo again looking to finish with Keith on the ground, he locked up an arm-triangle with relative ease.

Although Keith gave referee Marc Goddard thumbs up that the choke wasn't tight enough, he eventually had no choice but to tap to Trianldo's choke from half-guard.

"I also practiced my standup game a lot, but it was our strategy to try the jiu-jitsu, given that his jiu-jitsu is weaker than mine," Trinaldo said. "I practiced the katagame a lot with Sergio (Moraes), and gladly, I was able to adjust it. I liked that the win was fast and neither of us got hurt. I'm glad I won, but if I had lost, I would just return to the gym and practice more."

Trinaldo (12-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) picked up his second UFC win and is back on track after an October loss to Gleison Tibau. Keith (8-2 MMA, 0-2 UFC) dropped his second straight after a loss in his UFC debut to Ramsey Nijem and now may have his UFC job in jeopardy.

Kemal
20-01-2013, 08:11
Ildemar Alcantara taps Wagner Prado with kneebar

On just two weeks' notice, Ildemar Alcantara picked up a win in his promotional debut after tapping out fellow light heavyweight Wagner Prado.

Alcantara absorbed his opponent's heavy punches in the first round before getting the fight to the mat and submitting Prado with a second-round kneebar.

The bout was part of the preliminary card of Saturday's UFC on FX 7 event at Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo. It aired on FUEL TV ahead of the FX-televised main card.

Alcantara, an injury replacement for Roger Hollett, was joined on the card by brother Yuri to produce the 10th brother tandem in UFC history. And Ildemar got them in the win column with a solid victory.

Prado wasted no time with his striking-heavy game plan early in the fight. He threw – and often telegraphed – big right hooks and straight lefts that continually caught his opponent. Alcantara shook them off, though, and he scored a late takedown after catching a knee before the round ended.

Alcantara got another takedown early in the second round. Although Prado ultimately took top position and delivered a stream of punches, Alcantara eventually secured a leg. Prado's defense was limited, and Alcantara eventually torqued a kneebar to force a tap-out at the 2:39 mark of the round.

"When I was able to get him the leglock, I knew that was it," he said. "It was the end of everything.

"I wasn't planning on it ending on the ground, but he tried to exchange strength with me, and that's what happened. Being in the UFC is the fulfillment of a dream for me, and starting off on the right foot is very important."

Alcantara (18-5 MMA, 1-0 UFC) now has won eight straight fights, seven of which have come via stoppage. Prado (8-2 MMA, 0-2 UFC), who fought Phil Davis to a no-contest in their first bout before losing the rematch, now faces an uncertain future in the organization.

Kemal
20-01-2013, 08:12
Yuri Alcantara-Pedro Nobre ends in controversial no contest

A perfect night for the Alcantara family wasn't meant to be.

After Ildemar Alcantara picked up an upset win in his UFC debut, his brother Yuri looked for a quick finish to keep the family party going. But what he got instead was controversy and a no contest in his fight against the UFC debuting Pedro Nobre.

The featherweight bout was part of the preliminary card of Saturday's UFC on FX 7 event at Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo. It aired on FUEL TV ahead of the main card on FX.

With Ildemar Alcantara already in the locker room celebrating, Yuri Alcantara came out quickly. He went for an early flying knee that drew some early oohs and ahhs from the crowd. But it was the size difference that was most noticeable. Alcantara was moving down from featherweight to bantamweight, while Nobre was moving up from flyweight.

After a brief break from a Nobre accidental low blow, Alcantara got the fight to the ground and went immediately to work on Nobre's arm. He appeared to have a sure-thing kimura, but Nobre survived it, only to have Alcantara in back mount raining down punches.

That's when things went awry.

Referee Dan Miragliotta warned Alcantara to watch out for strikes to the back of Nobre's head. But after three punches, Miragliotta called time and sent Alcantara to a neutral corner for what he deemed to be illegal shots.

Replays appeared to show Alcantara landing an elbow to the side of Nobre's head on his right ear, then several punches to the side of the head. None appeared to land cleanly on the back of Nobre's head, though Alcantara did use his hand to push down on Nobre's head from the back while posturing up.

Nobre was asked if he could continue, and ultimately apparently said the strikes left him unable to go on. The fight was waved off, a no contest 2:11 into the first round.

The crowd in Sao Paulo loudly booed Nobre as he was helped from the arena, believing after seeing replays in the venue that he was perhaps overreacting to the strikes at best, and acting at worst.

Even UFC President Dana White, not in attendance in Brazil following ear surgery, took to his Twitter (https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/292781317140135937) account to express his opinion on the stoppage: "That was BS!!!," White stated on Twitter. "Pedro is an award winning actor and horrible call by Dan M."

A quick glance around social media did not appear to find many who disagreed with his assessment.

"I can't accuse him of faking anything because I don't know what actually happened and I'll have to watch it again," Alcantara said. "I'm sad because I was well-trained and I didn't get to fight. But I'm happy my brother won. Now I just have to wait to see what the UFC will decide and train harder to get back here and put on a great show."

Alcantara (27-4 MMA, 2-1 UFC) misses his chance to get back in the win column after a June loss to Hacran Dias. Nobre (14-1-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) had a two-fight win streak heading into his UFC debut, which he took on less than two weeks' notice when George Roop dropped out with an injury.

Kemal
20-01-2013, 08:13
Edson Barboza drops Lucas Martins with jab, gets win

When Edson Barboza is tagging you with punches and kicks at will, one strategy is to be the aggressor and try to beat him to the punch. But as Lucas Martins learned, it's not always a good strategy.

After getting battered with low kicks and quick punches, Martin charged in, only to be countered with a vicious left jab that set up a first-round submission stoppage for Barboza.

The lightweight bout was part of the preliminary card of Saturday's UFC on FX 7 event at Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo. It aired on FUEL TV ahead of the FX-televised main card.

Barboza, who recently picked up a 2012 World MMA Award for his spinning wheel-kick KO of Terry Etim this past year, added another signature stoppage to his highlight reel. After tagging his undefeated opponent with kicks and connecting on damaging counter rights, Martins finally rushed in.

Unfortunately for him, Barboza countered his left hook with a quick jab straight to the chin. Martins instantly folded and hit the canvas, and Barboza unloaded a quick couple dozen follow up shots to force a submission from his opponent.

The ref halted the bout at the 2:38 mark of the opening round.

"I knew he was a very good striker, but I believe in my hands and my striking," Barboza said. "After my last fight, which I lost, I completely changed my training camp. Now I feel I'm ready to fight the best. This is what I've been training for my entire life. This is a new start in my career.

"Now I'm looking forward to getting back to my hometown and celebrating my birthday (on Monday) with my family and friends."

Barboza (11-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC), who suffered an upset TKO loss to Jamie Varner in his previous bout, gets back in the win column and picks up his ninth stoppage in 11 career wins. Martins (12-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC), who went 10-0 during an insanely busy 2012 campaign, starts off the new year with his first career loss.

Kemal
20-01-2013, 08:13
Nik Lentz grinds out Diego Nunes for easy decision win

Maybe there's something to this featherweight thing for Nik Lentz.

The American moved to 2-0 at 145 pounds after a dominating wrestling performance against Diego Nunes, grinding out the Brazilian for a unanimous decision victory.

The featherweight bout was part of the preliminary card of Saturday's UFC on FX 7 event at Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo. It aired on FUEL TV ahead of the main card on FX.

Lentz looked for a takedown early and worked hard for it. He briefly got Nunes down, but Nunes popped back up – only to have Lentz stay relentless in his attempt to take the fight to the canvas. A second trip down had Nunes again back up, but a third saw Lentz get good control with Nunes up against the fence.

Lentz took Nunes' back and locked up a body triangle. From there, he couldn't secure a rear-naked choke, but he delivered ground and pound until Nunes worked back to his feet. But again, it was more of the same.

And though the crowd didn't like it, Lentz kept that pressure on, peppering in ground and pound while grinding Nunes down. Nunes got back to his feet again with 30 seconds left and tried to elbow his way out, but to no avail.

In the second, Nunes tried to catch a Lentz kick and use it to his advantage, and then tried to strike with him. But it was Lentz sending him off balance, rushing him and again putting him onto the canvas with continuous pressure from his wrestling.

Nunes got to his feet with seconds left, after spending nearly the entire frame underneath Lentz, and he swung over the top with a right hand that appeared to glance without much damage as Lentz dropped down looking for another takedown as the round drew to a close.

Nunes looked to rally in the third and threw a few power shots that landed in a brief slug-out with Lentz. Lentz, sensing the potential for danger by standing and trading with Nunes, took him back down 90 seconds into the round. There, he worked from half-guard with short shots and the continued grinding he had done throughout the fight.

Nunes got back to his feet after a minute on the ground. And like the other times he did, the crowd got hopeful. But when Lentz took him back down – this time into mount – the wind went out of the Brazilian fans' sails.

With 10 seconds left, Nunes got up and went swinging for the fences. But it was far too little too late, though he was able to land in a flurry. Judges saw the fight 30-28, 30-27 and 30-26 for Lentz.

"It went exactly as planned, though I was hit with a couple of shots," Lentz said. "He is stronger than I thought and has really changed his game – he used to be more of a point fighter and now he is more aggressive and has improved his standup skills. I have over 40 fights. I have been hit before. So those final seconds didn't scare me. He could have hit me with 20 of those shots, I still would have won. Though he is a better fighter than I thought, I'm still a better fighter than he is."

Lentz (23-5-2 MMA, 7-2-1 UFC) now has two straight wins after an August TKO of Eiji Mitsuoka. Nunes (18-4 MMA, 3-3 UFC) heads back to the loss column after an October victory over Bart Palaszewski and now has alternated wins and losses throughout his six-fight UFC career over the past two years.

Kemal
20-01-2013, 08:14
Ronny Markes survives Andrew Craig's late rally

After being controlled and smothered for the better part of two rounds, Andrew Craig made a valiant rally.

However, it wasn't enough to overcome the hole he built against Ronny Markes, who went to post a unanimous-decision victory.

The middleweight bout was part of the preliminary card of Saturday's UFC on FX 7 event at Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo. It aired on FUEL TV ahead of the FX-televised main card.

Markes continually closed the distance, smothered Craig against the cage, and took him to the mat frequently. Although he threatened with a rear-naked choke in the first round and a kimura in the second, his offensive otherwise stumbled, and he won the first two rounds largely due to his octagon control.

Knowing he was down a couple rounds, Craig found his opening in the final frame. He dropped Markes with a short right and battered with punches and elbows from the top. However, the action eventually slowed, the ref stood up the fighters, and Craig couldn't connect on a Hail Mary flying knee before the bout ended.

In the end, Markes took the unanimous decision via 29-28 scores in a largely lackluster affair.

"I wish I had fought better." je said. "I wasn't confident in my takedowns, wasn't confident in my striking. I had an injury and had to stop training on the 31st. I missed out on many good chances. No disrespect to him, but I could have fought way better."

It all resulted in the first career loss for Craig (8-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC), who had defeated Kyle Noke and Rafael Natal in his first two UFC fights. Markes (14-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC), meanwhile, remains unbeaten in the UFC and ups his current win streak to an impressive seven fights.

Kemal
20-01-2013, 08:14
Godofredo Pepey takes controversial split vs. Milton Vieira

In a fight featuring swinging momentum shifts, Godofredo Pepey may have stolen his first UFC victory – at least if the fans in attendance had a say.

The Brazilian fans roundly booed one of their own as Pepey took a split decision from Milton Vieira. Pepey appeared to have a clear win in the second round, Vieira appeared to take things back into his control in the third – but to no avail.

The featherweight bout closed out the preliminary card of Saturday's UFC on FX 7 event at Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo. It aired on FUEL TV ahead of the main card on FX.

Pepey swung with an early wild combination, and a minute in he landed a right hand that appeared to put Vieira on the canvas. But no sooner was he there than he dove in for a double-leg takedown to force Pepey to work off his back.

Pepey worked to set up a triangle from the bottom, keeping an active guard while trying to defend against Vieira'a short punches and elbows. Pepey just missed a triangle attempt, but it allowed him to scramble out and to his feet. But on the restart, Pepey drilled Vieira with a kick squarely in the groin.

After the restart, Pepey again threw a pair of haymakers, then clinched up with Vieira. But as Pepey looked for a knee, Vieira took him down and moved quickly into side control. Pepey popped up and ran to get out of Vieira's wheelhouse, and that helped him survive danger for the final 30 seconds of the frame.

Much the same as the first round, when Pepey got wild with his striking, looking to throw a punch-kick combination, Vieira took him right to the canvas and into guard in the second.

But Pepey stayed active on his back, as he did in the first, and he managed a reversal following a kimura attempt and rolled right into full mount. Vieira gave his back, and Pepey took it and started to look for a rear-naked choke, trading between the choke attempt and punishing Vieira with punches to the face with more than half the round remaining.

Vieira survived the round, but Pepey took plenty of momentum into the third, where both fighters appeared to be a little more cautious in the early going. After a couple minutes, Pepey gestured to Vieira to throw, and Vieira did, landing a couple punches and a knee.

Vieira went after a kimura and the fight hit the canvas. After after a minute of slow activity, Mario Yamasaki stood the two fighters up for the closing 90 seconds, and soon after, Vieira dodged through a combination and took Pepey back down. Vieira threw wildly from Pepey's guard as the round ticked down.

But two of the three judges didn't think it was enough and scored the fight 29-28 for Pepey.

"I think it was an even fight," Pepey said. "The first round was very close, but in the second I was able to dominate. The third round was, again, very close. Fighting in Brazil is always an amazing feeling. This crowd is so exciting. I hope I'm able to fight here many more times. Now I just need to get back into training and practice even harder so I don't leave it in the hands of the judges again."

"I felt the decision was completely unfair," Vieira said. "I won the first round. He won the second round, but not convincingly, and I came back to the third round with intelligence. I tried different submissions and I took him down several times, which is supposed to count for a lot in the final score. I felt the crowd was a little more on his side when we walked in, but obviously was on my side after the decision. I'm sad because I want to do a good job and grow in the UFC and a loss doesn't do that for you. But I fight for my family, friends and fans, so at least one part of my job was complete because I made the fans happy."

Pepey (9-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) gets his first official UFC win after falling in the "TUF: Brazil" final to Rony "Jason" Bezerra this past June. Vieira (13-8-2 MMA, 0-1-1 UFC) again falls short of his first UFC victory after a June split draw against Felipe Arantes.

Kemal
20-01-2013, 08:15
Khabib Nurmagomedov makes short work of Thiago Tavares

If you don't know the name Khabib Nurmagomedov – and really, who could forget it? – now might be a good time to learn it.

The unbeaten Russian kept his perfect record intact and picked up a signature career win with a dominant TKO of veteran Thiago Tavares.

The lightweight bout opened the main card of Saturday's UFC on FX 7 event at Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo. It aired on FX following prelims on FUEL TV and Facebook.

Nurmagomedov caused a stir with Brazilian fans at Friday's weigh-ins when he wore a T-shirt trumpeting his fighting style over his opponent's: "If sambo was easy, it would be called jiu-jitsu." Unfortunately for Tavares, the Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt had time to display little but his ability to survive a dozen late shots.

Nurmagomedov was aggressive as the fight opened and fearlessly closed the distance to throw punches quick combos. A little more than a minute into the fight, he then landed flush with a leaping uppercut that instantly dropped Tavares, who ate a couple dozen elbows before the bout was mercifully stopped.

The end came at the 1:55 mark of the opening round.

Nurmagomedov (19-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) picks up his 14th stoppage in 19 fights and moves to 3-0 in the UFC. Tavares (17-5-1 MMA, 7-5-1 UFC), meanwhile, hits a roadblock after a recent 3-1 run in the organization.

Kemal
20-01-2013, 08:16
Gabriel Gonzaga chokes out Ben Rothwell in second

Gabriel Gonzaga picked up arguably his biggest win in nearly six years and kept a fellow heavyweight looking for answers in the process.

Gonzaga used his striking to set up a guillotine choke and submitted Ben Rothwell in the second round, in the process keeping Rothwell from his first winning streak since 2007.

The heavyweight bout was part of the main card of Saturday's UFC on FX 7 event at Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo. It aired on FX following prelims on FUEL TV and Facebook.

Rothwell changed stances early, but 30 seconds in, Gonzaga shot for a single-leg takedown and got the fight briefly to the canvas. But Rothwell wanted no part of being there and powered back to his feet, where he defended Gonzaga's takedown attempts for a short time.

But Gonzaga stayed relentless. Though he couldn't keep things there long, he kept Rothwell under control, either dragging him down or holding him against the fence.

Rothwell looked to referee Marc Goddard, hoping to get a fresh start after Gonzaga's relative inactivity, and Goddard granted it halfway through the frame. Gonzaga again looked for a takedown on the restart, but Rothwell looked to be measuring what he hoped would be fight-ending strikes.

Though Rothwell had Gonzaga backing up, the Brazilian landed three straight left hands before shooting for another takedown. But Rothwell put a good combination together as time ticked down in the first.

Rothwell came forward quickly in the second and missed with a right, and then ate a Gonzaga right behind the ear for his trouble. Thirty seconds in, Gonzaga landed and had Rothwell wobbled and looking for a defensive takedown. He went after a standing guillotine, then jumped guard and squeezed, and Rothwell had to tap 61 seconds into the second round.

"It's very good to win again in Brazil," Gonzaga said. "I started training a lot more jiu-jitsu so I could go back to my origins. But I also didn't forget my striking abilities."

Gonzaga (14-6 MMA, 9-5 UFC) won for the third straight time and now is 2-0 in his return to the UFC after being released in 2010. Rothwell (32-9 MMA, 2-3 UFC) continues to alternate wins and losses and wasn't able to put together a second straight after his upset of Brendan Schaub this past April.

Kemal
20-01-2013, 08:16
C.B. Dollaway edges Daniel Sarafian in grueling affair

Both fighters got sloppy and then rocked because of it, each saw a shot at victory slip his through hands, and the judges ultimately decided their fate.

Still, C.B. Dollaway's split-decision win over Daniel Sarafian proved one of the night's most entertaining fans.

The middleweight bout co-headlined Saturday's UFC on FX 7 event at Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo. It aired on FX following prelims on FUEL TV and Facebook.

Sarafian, a finalist on "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" who was forced out of the finale due to an injury this past year, struck first in his official UFC debut. Quick footwork and heavy strikes set up a knockdown, and Dollaway had to scramble before ultimately eating more punches.

The second round initially played out the same way, but as Sarafian slowed a step, Dollaway scored a knockdown of his own. As Sarafian fell to his knees, Dollaway unloaded a barrage of hammerfists. Sarafian, though, did enough to avoid a TKO stoppage and was saved by the bell.

In the final frame, both fighters fought through fatigue for a knockdown, drag-out five minutes. Both threw looping punches, and both connected. But Dollaway scored a takedown, moved from the back to full mount, and then halted most of Sarafian's escape attempts to steal the round.

While the fight could have gone either way, Dollaway emerged victorious with a split decision via 29-28, 28-29 and 29-28 scores.

"Daniel was a lot tougher than I anticipated," an exhausted Dollaway said after the fight. "His wrestling was really good, and he defended my takedowns pretty easily. That surprised me. My hat's off to him."

Dollaway (13-4 MMA, 7-4 UFC) now has won back-to-back fights and five of his past seven. Sarafian (7-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) snaps a four-fight win streak.

Kemal
20-01-2013, 08:17
Vitor Belfort stops Michael Bisping, derails his title shot

All Michael Bisping had to do was go into hostile territory and beat a home favorite and he'd get a title shot – with the champion looking on.

Vitor Belfort and his left leg had something to say about that. Belfort landed a high kick early in the second round that dropped Bisping, and a few seconds and a few punches later Bisping was done – and so were, for the time being, his hopes of a shot at middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

The middleweight bout was the main event of Saturday's UFC on FX 7 event at Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo. It aired on FX following prelims on FUEL TV and Facebook.

The two circled each other for 45 seconds before Belfort finally threw a front kick. But Bisping countered with an inside leg kick against the southpaw. Belfort went high with his next kick, but couldn't find a home. Belfort faked a leaping kick, but Bisping answered it with a jab as he was backing away.

Midway through, Belfort tried to get inside to look for a home for his left hand, and it appeared the feeling-out process was over as the two started to throw with less caution. Belfort landed a pair of good left kicks to the body, but Bisping came on top of them with counters. But as the clock ran down, Belfort landed a kick up high that seemed to have Bisping stunned for a moment, and he took advantage with some punches inside that had Bisping retreating as the horn sounded.

Belfort looked to land with a 1-2 combination early in the second. But a little more than a minute in, with Bisping's hands near his chest, Belfort threw the same left high kick he threw in the first round and it landed flush, his shin drilling Bisping near his right eye. Bisping went down, and Belfort pounced to land several shots on the ground with Dan Miragliotta looking in.

Bisping appeared to have his senses, but Miragliotta said he had had enough in the position and waved the fight off. And just like that, Bisping's title aspirations were put on hold. The stoppage win for Belfort came at the 1:27 mark of the second round.

Bisping had been banking on a win leading to a shot at Silva, who was watching cageside. But now another middleweight contender falls by the wayside and the world will wait to see who Silva's next challenger will be.

"Congratulations to Vitor," Bisping said. "I had an amazing training camp. I felt fantastic. It was a beautiful kick. He caught me, and he was a better man than me tonight. You win some, you lose some. I am not going away."

Belfort used his opportunity on the microphone to ask UFC President Dana White to take Chael Sonnen out of his April title fight against Jon Jones – and put him in, instead. Belfort in September lost a light heavyweight title fight to Jones at UFC 152.

Belfort (22-10 MMA, 11-6 UFC) returns to the win column following his loss to Jones. He now has won three of his past four. Bisping (23-5 MMA, 13-5 UFC) heads back to the loss column after a September win over Brian Stann.

Kemal
20-01-2013, 08:17
UFC on FX 7 bonuses: Belfort, Dollaway, Sarafian, Ildemar Alcantara net $50K

Vitor Belfort, C.B. Dollaway, Daniel Sarafian and Ildemar Alcantara each earned $50,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday's "UFC on FX 7: Belfort vs. Bisping" event.

Belfort earned the "Knockout of the Night," Alcantara won "Submission of the Night" and Dollaway and Sarafian picked up "Fight of the Night" honors.

UFC officials confirmed the winners to MMAjunkie prior to the post-event news conference.

UFC on FX 7 took place at Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The main card aired on FX following prelims on FUEL TV and Facebook.

Belfort (22-10 MMA, 11-6 UFC) stopped Michael Bisping (23-5 MMA, 13-5 UFC) and his middleweight title shot aspirations with a big head kick in the second round and followed it up with enough punches on the ground to get the stoppage in the night's main event.

In the co-main event, Dollaway (13-4 MMA, 7-4 UFC) and Sarafian (7-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) went back and forth for 15 minutes with each fighter appearing close at times to getting a finish. Dollaway, in particular, put together ground-and-pound as the second round neared the end that had referee Mario Yamasaki looking in for a possible stoppage. But Sarafian survived the round and went on to land some big shots again in the third. Sarafian got a momentum shift late in the third and got Dollaway down with a rear-naked choke close. But Dollaway reversed as they scrambled for position as the final horn sounded.

Alcantara (18-5 MMA, 1-0 UFC) had a thrilling UFC debut against Wagner Prado (8-2 MMA, 0-2 UFC), finishing his fellow Brazilian with a kneebar in the first round – moments before his brother walked out for his fight. Alcantara was a 2-to-1 underdog in the fight, but impressed in his debut – and is now $50,000 richer, to boot.

Kemal
20-01-2013, 08:18
Yuri Alcantara gets win bonus despite no contest vs. Pedro Nobre at UFC on FX 7

Yuri Alcantara walked away from the octagon disappointed after a no contest. But at least financially, he shouldn't be upset.

Alcantara (27-4 MMA, 2-1 UFC) will be awarded his win bonus after his no contest with UFC newcomer Pedro Nobre (14-1-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC). UFC Managing Director of International Development Marshall Zelaznik confirmed the news with MMAjunkie at Saturday's post-event news conference for "UFC on FX: Belfort vs. Bisping."

"Yuri ended up getting his win bonus," Zelaznik told MMAjunkie.com.

UFC on FX 7 took place at Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The main card aired on FX following prelims on FUEL TV and Facebook.

On the night's preliminary card, Alcantara found himself on the ground with Nobre, who took the fight on fewer than two weeks' notice. He went to work on Nobre's arm and appeared to have a kimura. Nobre survived, only to have Alcantara on his back raining down punches.

Referee Dan Miragliotta warned Alcantara to watch for strikes to the back of the head. But after three punches, Miragliotta called time for what he deemed to be illegal shots. Replays appeared to show Alcantara landing an elbow to the side of Nobre's head, then several punches to the side of the head. None appeared to land on the back of the head.

But Nobre was asked if he could continue, and ultimately said the strikes left him unable to go on. The fight was waved off as a no contest in the first round. The crowd in Sao Paulo loudly booed Nobre, believing he may have been acting.

Even UFC President Dana White, not in attendance following ear surgery, said on Twitter: "That was BS!!! Pedro is an award winning actor and horrible call by Dan M."

But regardless of whether Nobre was engaging in some gamesmanship or what the right call might have been, Alcantara at least will go home with both his show and win money.

Kemal
20-01-2013, 08:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byiP9fwvVVE&feature=player_detailpage

123trisweat
20-01-2013, 09:20
Net de partijen gekeken:

Khabib Nurmagomedov weet wel af te maken!
Hoofdpartij leek mij meer op een statische kickbokswedstrijd met weinig creativiteit, nauwelijks ellebogen en takedowns. Belfort hield zich wel aan zijn "one-punch" k.o. strategie ;) Bisping dagen zijn voorbij lijkt mij, wordt een mooie binnenkommer voor Spong als die naar de UFC gaat :p