PDA

View Full Version : White: Fedor vs. Brock Lesnar almost happened last year

mmaikel
27-01-2013, 17:58
UFC President Dana White on Saturday said the promotion was close to getting a deal done for a heavyweight megafight between Fedor Emelianenko and Brock Lesnar, a fight that fell apart following the death of Emelianenko's father.
The fight, White said, would have been targeted for Cowboys Stadium in Dallas.
The news comes as a bit of a surprise given the UFC's rocky history with trying to negotiate a deal with the legendary Russian heavyweight. The UFC couldn't come to terms with him several years ago, and he then signed with Strikeforce. But with that promotion, he lost three straight fights before rebounding with three wins and retiring in 2012.
"We were in deep talks with him," White said following the post-fight news conference for UFC on FOX 6 in Chicago. "We were that close to signing him recently. Right before his dad died. We were right there. When I was talking about doing the big Dallas Texas stadium show? It was going to be Brock Lesnar vs. (Fedor).
"Remember when I met with him and said it didn't go well? It actually went well. It went well, and Brock wanted to fight Fedor. Then (Fedor's) dad died, and he was done."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/1/27/3920548/dana-white-ufc-was-close-to-pulling-off-fedor-emelianenko-vs-brock

Kemal
27-01-2013, 18:02
Zou een dikke partij geweest zijn....

Nelisje
27-01-2013, 20:55
Ik denk dat Fedor gehakt van Brock zou hebben gemaakt. Alleen het worstelen is beter bij Brock, op alle andere aspecten legt hij het af.

Diz
27-01-2013, 22:05
Emelianenko by knockout 30 seconds into the first round!

StrikeforceRoy
27-01-2013, 23:42
Dikke fight was dat geweest zeg.

king
28-01-2013, 11:33
Zijn carrière afsluiten met een KO overwinning op Lesnar had ik hem echt gegund!

Gangamo
29-01-2013, 22:23
President of M-1 Global, Vadim Finkelstein’s comment to UFC president Dana White’s statement that Fedor Emelianenko was to fight Brock Lesnar in 2012, but cancelled in the last moment;

“There was an offer”, said Finkelstein, the former manager of Emelianenko to Gazeta.ru. “But Fedor, and everything depended on his decision, did not agree and decided not to continue his career.

The fight, in fact, would have been very interesting, but Fedor wished to retire. Maybe there would have been a fight in the UFC tournament. I’ve never been against Fedor fighting in the UFC.

White says Fedor declined the fight because of his father’s death? –Fedor never wanted this fight. Like I said, he received an offer, but by the time he retired.”

Does Mr. White have any comments on this?

Why would Mr. White say they were close signing a deal between Emelianenko and Lesnar?

Thank You. I could not find any e-mail adress to contact Mr. White.

http://combatbear.com/6/post/2013/01/finkelstein-emelianenko-never-wanted-fight-against-lesnar.html

We have tried to contact Mr. White we hope for his response. Stay with us, we hope to bring you more information soon.

lopez86
29-01-2013, 23:20
Wat dat betreft geloof ik Dana zn woorden over die van Vadim any-given-day.

T15Boxing
29-01-2013, 23:53
Ik geloof geen van beiden. Mischien dat een van de vechters commentaar geeft.
Wat doet Fedor tegenwoordig dan, bezig met president van Russian MMA zijn of wat het ook was?

ijsbier
30-01-2013, 00:19
Wat een rat zeg, en dat was dan je manager

Nelisje
30-01-2013, 23:46
Ik geloof wel dat als Fedor zegt dat hij met pensioen is, dat hij daar serieus over nagedacht heeft en achter die keuze blijft staan. Fedor lijkt me wel iemand van "een man een man, een woord een woord"

lopez86
31-01-2013, 19:57
Ik geloof wel dat als Fedor zegt dat hij met pensioen is, dat hij daar serieus over nagedacht heeft en achter die keuze blijft staan. Fedor lijkt me wel iemand van "een man een man, een woord een woord"

Dat denk ik ook wel, maar dan geloof ik dat pas als ik dat uit de mond van Fedor zelf hoor, niet deze discutabele dude (die zowieso z'n vechters nooit zelf laten spreken in interviews).

smike
01-02-2013, 15:36
Een mooie afscheidspartij tegen iemand als Lesnar zou mooi zijn.
Ik wil niet dat hij te lang door blijft gaan zoals een Cro Cop.

Misschien tegen Minotauro als afscheid, waren ook altijd mooie partijen.

Gangamo
01-02-2013, 16:54
President of M-1 Global, Vadim Finkelstein, who was also the former manager of Fedor Emelianenko, commented on the rumors of the return of Fedor and spoke about the fans’ upcoming surprises.

-Vadim, about the recent Internet rumor that last year Dana White offered Fedor to fight in the UFC against Brock Lesnar, tell us how it really was?

-It’s true, there was an offer from Lorenzo Fertitta and not from Dana White. It was a good offer, but Fedor did not agree. He said that he had ended his career and had no plans to return, but if he was he would let them know.Although this was a good offer, he had already been given a state position and had to refuse.

-There are rumors that Fedor could still come back, what do you think?

-I don’t know anything about this, but I’d really want him to. I use every opportunity to convince Fedor to return. He still has more to show us.

-But there is a possibility though, because surely Fedor must feel more comfortable in the ring than in the offices of the government?

Read more about this here:

http://combatbear.com/6/post/2013/02...re-part-1.html

Gangamo
01-02-2013, 22:38
Full interview

http://combatbear.com/6/post/2013/02/vadim-finkelstein-on-the-rumors-around-fedor-vs-lesnar-and-more-part-1.html

President of M-1 Global, Vadim Finkelstein- "UFC will not pass M-1"

Fedor vs Lesnar still possible!

Bellator is a low level organization!

M-1 Grand Prix of heavyweights!

Naj85
02-02-2013, 00:44
alleen maar onzin kraamt die vent uit

blackadder
02-02-2013, 05:14
alleen maar onzin kraamt die vent uit
x2
Lesnar legendary? GTFO.