PDA

View Full Version : Dana’s 180: Thinks Fighters Are Cheating With TRT | UFC NEWS

cholitzu
19-02-2013, 01:25
http://www.bjpenn.com.3sj1.spdl.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/390x270xdana-white2.jpg.speedilic.ic.EWqgA_j21A.jpg (http://www.mixfight.nl/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/dana-white2.jpg)

It’s not uncommon for fighters in the UFC to use TRT; the athletic commission even gives the ok for some fighters to use it. It’s been called sports science, it’s not illegal like steroids or other performance enhancers are. It’s not only the UFC or MMA that the athletes use TRT even; it’s just the UFC has such strict testing because of the need to keep their athletes safe that we know about it. The most recent fighter that was openly using TRT and cleared to use it again by the athletic commission is Vitor Belfort. He’s not the only fighter in the UFC that uses TRT though, fighters like Chael Sonnen, Dan Henderson and Frank Mir, to name a few, use it as well.
I wonder what they think of what UFC on Fuel TV 7 “KO of the night” award winner Tom Watson said following his victory.
Tom Watson called TRT use an “epidemic” in the sport and even called out the “cheaters.”
“If you want to do it, you can’t put it in your chin and you certainly can’t put it into your heart,” Watson declared. “You want to take drugs? You want to be a cheat? Let me fight you and let’s see what happens.”
At the UFC on Fuel TV 7 press conference, UFC president Dana White talked about his feelings on TRT use by his fighters.
“If you asked me three months ago, it’s legal. It’s sports science, but everybody figures out a way to take a great thing and cheat and make it bad,” said White.
“Those of you who know what testosterone replacement is, if you’re older, your testosterone starts to get lower. They can give you testosterone to get you back up to (the level of) a 25-year-old. What guys are doing, I believe guys are doing, is jacking up this stuff through the roof through their entire training camp then getting back down to normal levels right before the fight, which is cheating. I hate it. I don’t like it. I’m going to fight it. And if you are using TRT in the UFC, we’re going to start testing the (expletive) out of you, through your entire camp,” White added.
It’s not illegal to use and if a fighter applies for a therapeutic use exemption, they can get permission from the athletic commission to use TRT.
“We’re regulated by the government. We have the strictest regulation in sports. If other sports were under the same regulations as we are, there would be a lot of guys getting busted left and right in other sports. I’m not taking a jab. I’m just being honest. The TRT thing is legal. The commission lets guys use testosterone replacement therapy. I believe that guys are cheating on it,” said White.
“I truly believe guys are cheating on it, and I don’t like to see a natural gifted athlete go in and fight against a guy who has been jacked up on TRT for three months.”
The other problem Dana White seems to have is the fact that TRT is a relatively new therapy. Dana doesn’t think people or even “experts” have a real understanding of how to give TRT.
“The other problem with TRT, the other problem that I have – You get four guys together, four smart guys who could have an educated conversation about testosterone replacement therapy, they’ll give you four different answers. When it’s that vague and that many people don’t understand it, nanograms and this ratio to that ratio, and all this (expletive). When you sit down and you start talking about it, it’s not fair. It’s not fair. And if your testosterone level isn’t high enough, maybe you’re too old to fight,” said the UFC president.
Dana White plans on doing his part to keep the fighters given the ok to use TRT honest. He doesn’t seem to plan on taking this lightly and talked about what he thinks they need to do.
“We’re regulated by the government. Testosterone replacement therapy is legal. Well, I think we should test guys all the way up until their fight to make sure that the entire training camp their limits are where they’re supposed to be, they’re at the legal limits their whole camp,” said White. “These guys that get exemptions for TRT, we’re going to make sure we test you through your entire camp.”

bron (http://www.bjpenn.com/danas-180-thinks-fighters-are-cheating-with-trt-ufc-news/)

Nosferatu187
19-02-2013, 02:41
Ja duh wat dacht hij anders dat ze deden.

Johannes de Sloper
19-02-2013, 22:25
Het is sowieso waanzin om te denken dat TRT voor atleten legit is.
TRT is voor ouwe mannen en mensen met een ernstige aandoening.
Hier in Nederland kan je er bijna niet aan komen via de normale medische wegen.
Maar daar geven ze het aan gezonde jonge mannen in de bloei van hun leven?
Ja natuurlijk is het dan cheating!

Nosferatu187
19-02-2013, 23:27
waar ik me over verbaas is dat hun verbaasd zijn dat het gebruikt word om te cheaten lijkt me dus meer dan logisch.

Ulis-E
20-02-2013, 15:04
waar ik me over verbaas is dat hun verbaasd zijn dat het gebruikt word om te cheaten lijkt me dus meer dan logisch.

tuurlijk zijn ze niet verbaasd... er wordt waarschijnlijk al jaren een oogje dichtgeknepen..

echter, PED cheating is nu in het nieuws, met Lance Armstrong en de vele vechters die recentelijk zijn gepakt. Je moet het antwoord van Dana dan ook in dit licht zetten.. Denk maar niet dat 't em dan ook echt ene reet kan schelen zolang hij maar geld maakt.. het is politiek correct gelul omdat de UFC als professionele sportorganisatie ook onder de loep wordt genomen door de publieke opinie

Pride_187
21-02-2013, 15:58
Ik denk dat Dana het allemaal wel prima vond zolang alles legaal en binnen de limieten gebeurde. Maar nadat Nate Marquardt zijn hele camp voor een main-event partij liep te juicen en gepakt werd omdat hij niet op tijd binnen de limieten was qua testosteron, ging de hele main-event niet door, wat erg in de papieren loopt natuurlijk. Dana is gaan beseffen dat het misbruikt wordt, met een TRT-vrijstelling als excuus.