PDA

View Full Version : UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche | Results **Spoiler**

Kemal
24-02-2013, 07:58
Main Card:
Ronda Rousey def. Liz Carmouche via submission (armbar)
Lyoto Machida def. Dan Henderson via split decision
Urijah Faber def. Ivan Menjivar via submission (rear-naked choke)
Court McGee def. Josh Neer via unanimous decision
Robbie Lawler def. Josh Koscheck via first-round TKO

Undercard:
Brendan Schaub def. Lavar Johnson via unanimous decision
Michael Chiesa def. Anton Kuivanen via submission (rear-naked choke)
Dennis Bermudez def. Matt Grice via split decision
Sam Stout def. Caros Fodor via split decision
Kenny Robertson def. Brock Jardine via submission (knee bar)
Neil Magny def. Jon Manley via unanimous decision
Nah-Shon Burrell def. Yuri Villefort via unanimous decision

Kemal
24-02-2013, 08:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_M-7f6bcM4&feature=player_embedded

Kemal
24-02-2013, 08:04
Nah-Shon Burrell tops Yuri Villefort in opening thriller

In an exciting bout between recent Strikeforce fighters, Na-Shon Burrell earned a hard-fought decision victory.

Despite a spirited effort from Yuri Villefort, Burrell earned winning scores of 30-27, 29-28 and 29-28.

The welterweight bout kicked off UFC 157, which took place Saturday at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. It streamed on Facebook prior to additional FX prelims and the pay-per-view main card.

Burrell immediately made his presence known with a series of sharp punches, which prompted Villefort to catch a kick and deposit them to the mat.

In a subsequent scramble, Villefort took his opponent's back and threatened with a rear-naked choke, but Burrell managed to escape. Burrell then escaped a subsequent choke attempt and got back to his feet, where Villefort landed several hard leg kicks. Burrell nearly seized the opportunity by catching one of them and throwing hard punches, but Villefort countered with another submission attempt. When Burrell reset, Villefort chased him down and traded punches. Burrell got the better of the exchange with a hard right hand.

Villefort did more damage with leg kicks in the second round as Burrell looked to counter with his hands. The Brazilian added several hard body shots, one of which caused Burrell to wince. Still, Burrell managed to land several right-hand counters that bloodied Villefort's nose.

Sensing a close fight, Villefort took the action to the mat early in the third round and worked for another choke, which prompted a heated scramble with Burrell, who managed to escape to his feet. It wasn't long, though, before Villefort had them back on the mat. An inverted heel-hook attempt followed, but Villefort's attempt to finish the hold exposed his face and allowed Burrell to land a flurry of hammerfists that further bloodied him.

A final takedown attempt from Villefort was blocked, and he took a front kick to the face for his effort. The octagon newcomers ended the fight swinging for the fences.

"Coming into the UFC from Strikeforce, I had to win," Burrell said. "I made a mistake at the weigh-in. I took the fight at short notice and made mistakes cutting weight, but I was determined to get the win no matter what. I took it to him. I fought my ass off, man. I was nervous walking out, I admit that. When you see that UFC octagon in front of you walking out, it hits you. But I went out and fought my heart out. He was close a couple of times with his submissions, but I wasn't going to lose this. Now it is over and I am so relieved."

With the victory, Burrell (9-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) returns to the win column following a first-round TKO loss to Chris Spang under the now-defunct Strikeforce banner, which snapped a six-fight win streak.

Villefort (6-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC), meanwhile, now has lost back-to-back fights, including a split-decision defeat to Quinn Mulhern in Strikeforce.

Kemal
24-02-2013, 08:05
Neil Magny outstrikes 'TUF 16' castmate Jon Manley

After fights that didn't count, Neil Magny and Jon Manley finally got to make their UFC debuts on Saturday.

And in a mostly dominant performance, Magny outstruck and outwrestled his housemate from Season 16 of "The Ultimate Fighter," picking up a unanimous decision win with a pair of 30-27 scores and a 29-28.

The welterweight bout was part of the preliminary card of Saturday's UFC 157 event at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. It streamed on Facebook prior to additional prelims on FX and a main card on pay-per-view.

Manley came forward early and looked to shoot in, but instead tied things up against the cage. He got the fight to the ground briefly, but Magny was able to pop back to his feet. Manley continued to hold on, but Magny made it hard for him to get the takedown. After a minute of trying to get the fight to the ground, Manley again was able to get a partial takedown.

But it was Magny back up to his feet again quickly. But Magny landed a knee to get off the fence finally, and the two went back to work in the middle with 90 seconds left. With more Manley takedown attempts, Magny again had little trouble defending.

In the second, Manley threw feints and jabs in bunches early, but after 40 seconds he got his first true takedown of the fight. He passed to side control, but Magny stayed patient and soon was able to easily reverse to get top position. He landed a couple punches on the ground, but the fight went back to the standup, where Manley again clinched up and ate a few knees to the body for his troubles.

Magny came over the top with an elbow and then a driving combination before turning the tables and taking Manley down into side control. Manley tried to escape out the back, but ate some punches in the process before getting back to his feet. Magny again landed a good knee while Manley held on looking for the takedown. And as Manley moved back to his feet, he landed two good punches. Back on the ground, it was Magny landing good ground and pound right in front of his corner. as the round came to an end.

Manley tried to open with punches again in the third, but Magny backed out of them. Magny looked fresh, while Manley looked worn out early in the third. Manley landed a few punches, but Magny mostly stayed away from the power. And 90 seconds in, Magny landed an easy takedown and went to work on the ground. Manley went for an armbar along the fence, but Magny stayed calm and got out of trouble.

And once he was out of trouble, Magny went to work with punches from up top. Manley rolled over and gave his back with 90 seconds left, but was able to get back to his feet. After more holding on by Manley, Herb Dean finally broke them apart with 30 seconds left.

"The UFC jitters are for real," Magny said. "I was really anxious walking out. Being on 'TUF' is one thing, but there's nothing that prepares you for walking out to a big arena like that. My team had tried to warn me about getting nervous when I walked out to the octagon, but nothing gets you ready for that. But as soon as I started hitting him, I was like, 'Oh, I know this. This is familiar,' and I got into it. Then it was just another fight. He tried to press me up against the fence a lot, but I got my striking going and that got me the win."

Magny (8-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) won for the second straight time a little more than a year after his most recent official fight, not including his fights in the "TUF" house. Manley (7-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) had a two-fight win streak snapped, also not counting his "TUF" fights.

Kemal
24-02-2013, 08:06
Kenny Robertson inventive in win over Brock Jardine

After tough outings against a pair of tough opponents, Kenny Robertson earned his first UFC win with an inventive submission.

Opponent Brock Jardine didn't anticipate a joint lock that put tremendous pressure on his hamstring and forced him to tap, which likely put Robertson in line for a "Submission of the Night" bonus.

The welterweight bout was part of the Facebook-streamed preliminary card of UFC 157, which took place at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. It preceded additional FX prelims and a pay-per-view main card.

The fight didn't start as promisingly for Robertson, who immediately found himself trouble when he fell into a guillotine choke attempt. After a few tense minutes, he escaped and threatened Jardine with a series of chokes. The second attempt, which came after he landed punches from back mount, was where things got interesting.

When Jardine attempted to stand, Robertson grabbed his outstretched leg and straightened it out. At the same time, Robertson used his leg to stretch and put pressure on Jardine's hamstring.

The pain was enough that Jardine was forced to tap-out at the 2:57 mark of the first frame.

"In college, I did that to a kid and almost tore his hamstring in half," Robertson said after the fight.

With the unusual submission frame under his belt, Robertson (12-2 MMA, 1-2 UFC) rebounds after a decision loss to Aaron Simpson in his previous outing and a TKO defeat to Mike Pierce in his promotional debut.

"Sometimes you've got to go with what you are handed," Robertson said. "He was on top of me, but didn't have a great posture. I saw the opening, so I grabbed his leg and hyperextended it and he verbally submitted. I'll take it. It's a first-round win in the UFC."

Jardine (9-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC), meanwhile, remains winless in the UFC after a decision loss to Rick Story in his octagon debut.

The welterweight bout was part of the preliminary card of Saturday's UFC 157 event at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. It streamed on Facebook prior to additional prelims on FX and a main card on pay-per-view.

Jardine (9-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC)*** Robertson (11-2 MMA, 0-2 UFC)***

Kemal
24-02-2013, 08:06
Sam Stout survives Caros Fodor to take split decision

Caros Fodor was plenty aggressive in his UFC debut, but he came up short against a wily veteran in Sam Stout.

In a close fight that featured a little bit of everything, Stout took a split decision from Fodor with a pair of 29-28 scores; Fodor took a 29-28 from one judge.

The lightweight bout was part of the preliminary card of Saturday's UFC 157 event at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. It aired on FX following additional prelims on Facebook and ahead of a main card on pay-per-view.

Fodor swung big early, and Stout tied him up on the fence. But Fodor quickly turned him around and looked for knees. Stout got free, but Fodor kept coming with the pressure. He ate a good right hand from Stout, but a minute in Fodor landed a good takedown along the fence. But Stout switched and took Fodor's back when the fight returned to the feet. Fodor moved out, but Stout kept pressure on along the fence as the two traded punches in close.

When they separated, Fodor landed a right uppercut that put Stout on his knees momentarily. After trading clinched positions for a minute, Stout dragged the fight to the ground and quickly passed to half guard. Soon after, Stout passed to full mount with 45 seconds to work. After losing it for a moment, he got it back right in front of his corner, then worked for an armbar as the round came to a close.

Fodor was aggressive early in the second, and again Stout tied things up and turned Fodor around. But when they separated, Fodor landed a big right hand and a knee right after it. When they split, Fodor kept the pressure on, but it was Stout who landed a body shot and nearly a big head kick. Fodor worked a left hook and found success with it. Fodor landed an inconsequential takedown along the fence as time ran out in a slower-paced second.

After some jabs and feinting, Fodor took the fight to the ground 90 seconds in. He controlled Stout there for a few moments before Stout was able to wall walk back to his feet. Fodor did nothing with the position on the ground when he was there, and referee Jason Herzog asked for more work with two minutes left. Stout got free and the two went back to the middle. Fodor landed a right hand, then tried to push Stout to the floor. The two clinched and jabbed, mostly inconsequentially as time ran out in the fight.

"I thought I won, but it was close," Stout said. "It was a tough, hard three rounds, and you never know when you are in there what the judges are looking for – or what they are seeing in there. I didn't want two losses in a row, for sure. I tried to show more BJJ. I've been training BJJ for 10 years, but never show it and I wanted to show I'm a total MMA fighter. It was a tough fight, and I thought I won rounds two and three."

"I thought I won rounds two and three," Fodor said. "I tried my best. I caught him with some big shots, but he's tough. It was very close. I don't feel robbed. I don't think I could have tried any harder. I went for the finish with every strike. He's a tough guy."

Stout (19-8-1 MMA, 8-7 UFC) is back in the win column after a loss to John Makdessi at UFC 154 this past November. He has won two of his past three fights and four of his past six. Fodor (7-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) now has lost two straight after a submission loss to Pat Healy in Strikeforce nearly a year ago.

Kemal
24-02-2013, 08:07
Dennis Bermudez edges Matt Grice in brutal crowd-pleaser

In an early "Fight of the Night" candidate, Dennis Bermudez and Matt Grice traded devastating punches and left the audience standing after 15 minutes.

In the end, it was Bermudez's heart and cardio that helped him prevail. He earned a split decision while winning the fight with scores of 29-28, 28-29 and 29-28.

The featherweight bout was part of the preliminary card of Saturday's UFC 157 event at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. It aired on FX following additional prelims on Facebook and ahead of a main card on pay-per-view.

Bermudez got off to an early start when he blocked a takedown attempt from Grice and landed a flurry of heavy punches and elbows from the mount position. But Grice's response was equally devastating. After escaping the position, he dropped "The Ultimate Fighter 14" finalist cold with a left hook to bring the fight to the brink of a stoppage.

Bermudez survived an onslaught of follow-up blows, but just barely.

Grice continued to find success with his left hand in the second round and knocked down Bermudez. But after taking a shot midway through the frame, he began to expire as Bermudez found a second wind. By the end of the frame, it was Bermudez scoring in close and threatening with a submission attempt.

The comeback continued for Bermudez in the third and final frame when he rocked the fading Grice with a punch and following up with a flurry of punches that brought referee Herb Dean closer. Grice managed to survive and return to his feet, but Bermudez continued to press and land more punches that repeatedly wobbled his opponent.

Grice looked ready to go at any moment, and yet, he continued to remind Bermudez he was still around with intermittent punches.

The two went toe-to-toe in the final moments of the fight, which brought screams from those in attendance at Honda Center.

It was an exhilarating fight that put the pair up for a performance bonus.

"That was insane," Bermudez said. "Somewhere around the second round, I woke up and thought, 'Oh, I'm in a fight. I think I'm in California somewhere.' If he'd given me a reason, maybe I would have quit. I had that battle inside me where I maybe could have (quit), but I won that battle and from there got back into the fight. I was getting beat in the first round, and in the last round I hit him with everything. I had him badly hurt, but he just kept throwing big hooks as if I hadn't spent the last 30 seconds beating on him. He's crazy. He's a great fighter – so tough. The crowd was going nuts, but all I could think was, 'Please, please, go down and stay down!' That was an honor to fight that guy."

"You get to know someone really well in a fight like that, and I've got so much respect for Dennis as a person and a fighter after that," Grice said. "I hit him so hard. He came back at me. In that last round, I just kept throwing, man. I thank God he blessed me with a hard head, but looks like he blessed Dennis with a hard head, too. I felt I won the first round and he took the last, and it was up to the judges who took the second round. I don't feel too bad. I wanted to win, but I think the fans are going to remember that fight and, maybe, they will get to see it again someday."

Bermudez (10-3 MMA, 3-1 UFC) now enjoys a three-fight win streak while Grice (16-5 MMA, 2-5 UFC) goes back to the drawing board after a decision win over Leonard Garcia in his previous outing.

Kemal
24-02-2013, 08:08
Michael Chiesa submits tough Anton Kuivanen in second

Anton Kuivanen didn't make things easy for Michael Chiesa, that's for sure.

But after a hard-fought first round, Chiesa, the Season 15 winner of "The Ultimate Fighter," was able to get Kuivanen to the ground, where he finally sank in a rear-naked choke to end the fight in the second and stay unbeaten – with seven of his nine wins by submission.

The lightweight bout was part of the preliminary card of Saturday's UFC 157 event at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. It aired on FX following additional prelims on Facebook and ahead of a main card on pay-per-view.

Kuivanen threw plenty of right hands early while Chiesa tried to use his reach to keep distance. Kuivanen tried to get inside midway through the first and managed to push Chiesa to the fence briefly. With a minute left, Kuivanen landed a series of punches that had Chiesa backing up and trying to smile through the exchanges. Moments later, Kuivanen tried to land a flying knee, but Chiesa caught him in midair and took the fight to the floor. But Kuivanen was able to roll back to his feet.

Chiesa ducked under a left hand 30 seconds into the second and tried to get a takedown, but Kuivanen scrambled out of it nicely and played defense on the fence as Chiesa worked to get the fight to the floor. Chiesa worked and took Kuivanen's back and got it.

He got the fight right where he wanted it on the ground, locked up a body triangle and went to work on a rear-naked choke. Kuivanen defended twice, but the third time, Chiesa got his arm all the way under the chin and it was deep. Kuivanen was forced to tap. The end came at the 2:29 mark of the second.

"I knew the first round was the only one he could win," Chiesa said. "I knew the second and third round, even if we went to a decision, I'd take it. Once I get someone's back, I don't give it up until I choke them, man. I've been waiting for this moment since I was 17 years old, to compete in the octagon in front of 15,000 fans."

"I was talking about the fight just before we came out to the arena and we said the only round he can win is the first," Chiesa said. "We knew he'd go for the KO early, and then we'd take over in the second – and that's what happened. Everyone has a go-to move, and I'm just good at taking backs and then choking guys out. If you're in the UFC and belong here, you want the title. I'm here to win the title and next I want to fight anyone who gets me closer to that goal."

Chiesa (9-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC), fighting for the first time since his "TUF 15" win this past June, stayed unbeaten in his pro career. Kuivanen (17-6 MMA, 1-2 UFC) heads back to the loss column after a July win over Mitch Clarke. He now has lost two of his past three.

Kemal
24-02-2013, 08:09
Brendan Schaub smothers Lavar Johnson for decision win

Brendan Schaub avoided a pink slip against the hard-swinging Lavar Johnson, but he didn't win many fans in the process. Smothering Johnson on the mat, Schaub pitched a shutout on the judges' scorecards and but was roundly booed for his effort.

The heavyweight bout closed out the preliminary card of Saturday's UFC 157 event at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. It aired on FX following additional prelims on Facebook and ahead of a main card on pay-per-view.

Johnson missed early with a stiff right and found himself on his back against Schaub, who was stuck in half-guard. Johnson tried to escape and instead found himself stuck in a D'Arce choke attempt. But instead of tapping, he battered Schaub with punches, which prompted "The Ultimate Fighter 10" runner-up to give up the attempt.

After getting back to his feet, Johnson initiated the next trip to the mat, but Schaub again found top position as the audience voiced its disapproval.

The two clinched early in the second frame and traded punches in close. But after stalling exchanges against the fence, Schaub again took the fight to the mat. After another stall prompted a standup, Johnson charged directly into a right hand, and again, Schaub put them on the mat. The crowd sensed the avoidance of a fight.

Schaub ducked more bombs – one of which cut him – en route to a takedown in the third and final frame. Seeing little on the mat, where Johnson had begun talking to Schaub, the referee stood the two up. Johnson had exactly one punch before he found himself on his back again. Schaub was more aggressive as a grappler, but Johnson did enough to survive. A lazy anaconda choke attempt failed for Schaub, and the two closed the fight throwing pitter-patter punches on the mat.

"I had to win tonight," Schaub said. "The last two fights I lost, I fought with my guts rather than my brains. But tonight I needed to win this, so I used my brain. I know people were expecting a slugfest, but I've been working hard on my BJJ and thought I could sub him. At one point, he was talking to me on the ground saying, 'Come on, dog, let's stand and give the fans a show,' and I said, 'Sorry, bro, I gotta win this fight.' And he said, 'I hear ya.'"

Schaub (9-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) gets back in the win column after a career-threatening two-fight skid that saw Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Ben Rothwell knock him out.

Johnson (17-7 MMA, 2-2 UFC) now has lost two in a row after a pair of emphatic knockout wins over Joey Beltran and Pat Barry.

Kemal
24-02-2013, 08:09
Robbie Lawler hands Josh Koscheck his first losing skid

After more than eight years away from the UFC, Robbie Lawler returned, and did so in a big way.

In his return to 170 pounds after a long run at middleweight, Lawler struggled with Josh Koscheck's wrestling early, but when he saw an opening, he took advantage. Lawler rained down punches with Koscheck up against the fence to get a TKO stoppage in the first round.

The welterweight bout opened up the main card of Saturday's UFC 157 event at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. It aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Koscheck threw an early kick, faked a shot moments later, then 20 seconds in planted Lawler on his back with a takedown. Lawler was able to get out and to his feet, then his knees, 30 seconds later, but Koscheck held on to him in an attempt to get things back to the canvas.

Koscheck kept control there, though without doing much damage, until Lawler was able to get back to his feet. But Koscheck held on to a single leg.

And when Lawler finally got out of Koscheck's single-leg attempt, he had Koscheck on his hands and knees. And that's when he saw his opening and took it. Lawler landed some big bombs with Koscheck up against the fence, nailing him with several right hands until Herb Dean stepped in to stop it at the 3:56 mark of the first.

The stoppage came perhaps prematurely, though it's hard to imagine Koscheck getting out or Lawler stopping the punches. And Lawler concurred with that.

"I felt so good tonight," Lawler said. "I'm not surprised it went that way. I hit him very hard – the referee was right to stop it. I whacked him, man – hard. He was doing nothing but laying down taking big shots. It's been a long time since I was in the UFC, and besides KO'ing him with the first shot, it couldn't have gone any better for me. There's a lot of great 170-pound fighters here in the best organization in the world, and I will fight them all one at a time. I don't care who is next – just give me a call and I will be ready."

Lawler (20-9 MMA, 5-3 UFC) is back in the win column after a loss to Lorenz Larkin this past July in Strikeforce. Koscheck (17-7 MMA, 15-7 UFC) lost for the second straight time for the first time in her career.

Kemal
24-02-2013, 08:10
Court McGee wins welterweight debut against Josh Neer

In his welterweight debut, Court McGee outworked Josh Neer in a striking-heavy affair.

"The Ultimate Fighter 11" winner pitched a shutout on the judges' scorecards despite struggling with Neer's heavy punches midway through the fight.

The welterweight bout was part of the main card of Saturday's UFC 157 event at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. It aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Neer, whose persistent scowl resembles that of welterweight bad boy Nick Diaz, waited to land the devastating punches and in-close elbows he's known for.

Instead, he ran into a flurry of jabs and struggled to find his range. McGee halted his advance with combinations and chased him into retreat. Late in the frame, the approach paid dividends. A pair of body shots badly hurt Neer and put him on the mat, where McGee ended the round overhead.

With his face beginning to swell, Neer controlled the distance better in the second frame. Pushing back McGee with a persistent jab, he followed with several hard uppercuts and hooks that did damage. McGee survived them all, but he didn't escape unscathed.

McGee, though, kept his punch count high in the third round and took the fight to the mat in the final frame. Neer attempted several submissions but was smothered.

"I felt great at 170 pounds," McGee said. "This was a great move for me. I felt stronger, faster and had a lot more gas. I was told by FightMetric that I broke the record for most significant strikes ever in a welterweight fight. I could have stopped it, maybe, early with body shots, but I was glad I put on a good performance."

The judges issued unanimous 30-27 scores for McGee (14-3 MMA, 4-2 UFC), who gets back to the win column after dropping two straight bouts at middleweight.

Neer (33-13-1 MMA, 6-9 UFC) is now 0-3 in his past three bouts and could be facing a pink slip.

Kemal
24-02-2013, 08:11
Urijah Faber stops Ivan Menjivar with standing choke

Urijah Faber said he had made adjustments since his interim title fight loss this past summer. If Saturday was the start of them, he may be on the path back to yet another title fight.

In a rematch from a fight more than seven years ago, Faber stopped Ivan Menjivar with a standing rear-naked choke for a first-round victory – keeping him perfect over the past four years in fights where a belt is not on the line.

The bantamweight bout was part of the main card of Saturday's UFC 157 event at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. It aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Menjivar looked to trade early, but when Faber came forward it was Menjivar getting a good throw takedown. Almost immediately, though, Faber reversed and got to the top in side control.

Faber kept the pressure on, looking for a chance to work ground and pound without giving up the position. But Menjivar recovered to half-guard, then full guard. Menjivar looked for a triangle choke, but Faber postured out of trouble and rained down with a big left elbow. He continued to try to work the left elbow, then worked in with the right.

Halfway through the frame, Faber kept the elbows coming furiously, and Menjivar scrambled away and nearly landed an upkick with Faber on his feet looking to drop more bombs. With a minute left, Menjivar scrambled out and to his feet, but Faber expertly took his back and went for a standing rear-naked choke.

He sunk it in, and still on his feet, Menjivar was forced to tap at the 4:34 mark of the first round.

"California's my spot, and I'm so happy to get a win here," said Faber, who lives and trains in Sacramento. "He's a pioneer in this sport, for those who don't know. I just attacked his neck, and I just held on till the end. I've made some adjustments, and I'm going to make more."

"That was a good, solid win over a very good opponent who a lot of hardcore fans know is one of the best in the world," Faber said. "I've got nothing but respect for that guy. Of course I want the title. I still think I will get the UFC belt, and tonight was about proving that's still in my future. Do I deserve the title shot next? That word 'deserve' keeps getting thrown around, but you deserve whatever you get in this sport. All I know is that I had something to prove tonight and I am ready to keep on proving it until I get back up there."

Faber (27-6 MMA, 3-2 UFC) returned to the win column after this past summer's interim bantamweight title fight loss to Renan Barao. Menjivar (25-10 MMA, 4-2 UFC) now heads back to the loss column after a stretch that saw him win four of five fights.

Kemal
24-02-2013, 08:11
Lyoto Machida stifles Dan Henderson, gets split decision

There would be no H-bomb for Dan Henderson, but rather a showcase of the elusiveness that is Lyoto Machida.

Machida edged Henderson on the scorecards by dodging heavy punches and delivering surgically placed counter shots.

The light heavyweight bout co-headlined Saturday's UFC 157 event at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. It aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Whether the performance inspires the title shot Machida passionately campaigned for prior to the bout remains to be seen. At the reading of the scores, a pro-Henderson crowd roundly booed him.

Two judges gave Machida the bout by scores of 29-28 while one dissented for Henderson, who seethed at the decision.

Frustration would be a persistent theme for the ex-PRIDE champ, who attempted over and over again to chase down Machida with his famously powerful right hand. Only once did he find his target when late in the first he landed a punch with less than a minute remaining.

Machida, meanwhile, caught Henderson over and over again with lunging knees that stopped his advance. When Henderson closed, he fired off short, fast punches and escaped unscathed. But mostly, he circled out of trouble before it could ever find him.

FightMetric, the UFC's official stat keeper, gave Machida 68 significant strikes to Henderson's 32.

Henderson's ray of light came in the third round, when he managed to bowl Machida to the mat. But he failed to capitalize on the position when Machida tied him up, and soon, the two were back on their feet.

"I'm sorry the fight wasn't as good as the fans wanted," Machida said. "My strategy was to keep away from the right hand and to keep the fight standing up. I thought I won the fight because I frustrated him and kept the fight where I wanted it. I hope I am now the No. 1 contender. I want a title shot."

"I won the fight, but not officially," Henderson said. "I hit him whenever he wanted to fight. He ran away most of the time. I thought I won."

Machida (19-3 MMA, 11-3 UFC), in fact, would land the first takedown of the fight, which came late in the first round.

The ex-UFC champ now boasts back-to-back wins since his submission loss to champ Jon Jones while Henderson (29-9 MMA, 6-3 UFC) goes back to the drawing board after a triumphant decision win over Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at UFC 139.

Kemal
24-02-2013, 08:12
Ronda Rousey submits Liz Carmouche with armbar in first

It was déjà vu all over again, just on a much bigger stage.

In yet another dominant performance – though certainly with a very testy moment early – in a groundbreaking moment in sports history, Ronda Rousey did it again. The first UFC women's bantamweight champion stopped Liz Carmouche with – you guessed it – a first-round armbar in the first women's fight in UFC history.

The women's bantamweight title bout was the main event of Saturday's UFC 157 event at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. It aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Rousey landed punches immediately, and Rousey tied Carmouche up to look to throw her. Carmouche defended early, but Rousey dragged her to the ground and went after her bread and butter. But Carmouche reversed position and took Rousey's back and climbed up, looking for a rear naked choke.

Carmouche had Rousey in big trouble. But Rousey stood up and eventually shook Carmouche off. It was the first time in Rousey's career that she had been in any kind of danger.

But with Carmouche on her back, Rousey tried to go to work with ground-and-pound. Rousey went to the ground and looked to secure an arm. Rousey softened Carmouche up with punches to the head.. Carmouche tried to hip escape and then tried to go after a triangle.

But Rousey kept after the arm and got it. And with just seconds left in the first round, Rousey was able to secure the tap.

"That was the most vulnerable a position I've been in so far in my career," Rousey said. "That was pretty tight, that neck crank, and I was very happy to get out of it. She had the choke across my mouth and the angle pushed my mouthguard out of my mouth. Her forearm was pushing against my teeth and that can’t have been any more fun for her than it was for me. Crazy sport we're in, huh?

"I was actually less nervous walking out than I was for some of my earlier fights. I felt like the UFC champion, and I know how hard I am working. This was a wild ride and I can't wait to get back in the octagon."

"It was an honor to fight here tonight," Carmouche said. "I thought I had her for a minute there, but she's the champion for a reason. I had that neck crank very tight, but I had the choke across her mouth and couldn't get it to her neck. I actually have her teeth marks all over my arm. This isn't the highlight of my career. So far, maybe. But the highlight is going to be when I win some fights in the UFC and come back for the title."

Rousey (7-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) stayed unbeaten in her MMA career. Carmouche (8-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) heads back to the loss column after a two-fight win streak for Invicta FC.

Kemal
24-02-2013, 08:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11k8T1VYf7I&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
24-02-2013, 08:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hGau2WAPNs&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
24-02-2013, 08:31
UFC 157 bonuses: Lawler, Robertson, Bermudez, Grice earn $50K awards

Robbie Lawler, Kenny Robertson, Dennis Bermudez and Matt Grice each earned $50,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday's UFC 157 event.

Lawler earned the "Knockout of the Night" award, Robertson picked up the "Submission of the Night" bonus, and Bermudez and Grice took home "Fight of the Night" honors.

UFC President Dana White announced the bonus amount after UFC 157, which took place at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. The main card aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Lawler (20-9 MMA, 5-3 UFC) was being controlled by Josh Koscheck (17-7 MMA, 15-7 UFC) on the ground. But when Lawler found a way out, and Koscheck was on his hands and knees along the fence, Lawler started dropping in giant right hands that stunned Koscheck. And though the stoppage was thought by many online, as well as UFC analyst Joe Rogan, to be potentially too early, referee Herb Dean waved it off to give Lawler the TKO victory. It was Lawler's first UFC fight in more than eight years.

Robertson (12-2 MMA, 1-2 UFC) was in trouble early against Brock Jardine (9-3 MMA, 0-2 UFC), but he turned things around and the former wrestler from Eastern Illinois University was able to secure a leg lock in a very non-traditional way. Robertson grabbed Jardine's leg and pressured his hamstring with his own leg to force the tap.

Bermudez (10-3 MMA, 3-1 UFC) survived a rough first round against Grice (16-5 MMA, 2-5 UFC) and battled his way into the third, where he came close to stopping the fight what seemed like a dozen times. Bermudez, the Season 14 runner-up on "The Ultimate Fighter," had Grice constantly wobbled with big punches and knees, but Grice refused to give up and go down – and even landed a few big punches in exchange. But ultimately, it was Bermudez who picked up the nod from two of the judges in a split decision on the FX-broadcast prelims.

Kemal
24-02-2013, 10:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m5EaT5cDHk&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
24-02-2013, 10:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj_IFfYAUkw&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
24-02-2013, 10:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlR_Imsdxns&feature=player_detailpage

mmacentral
24-02-2013, 11:45
Toch verrassend veel tegenstand van Carmouche...vraag me serieus af wat er was gebeurd als ze de submission had kunnen krijgen. Mooi voor Lawler! Ook verrassend intelligent gevochten van Schaub trouwens ook, had verwacht dat ie ging lopen maaien en tegen een harde rechtse van Lavar zou aanlopen. Jammer voor Hendo, maar was te verwachten. Faber ook weer goed bezig....

Mooie card alles bij elkaar.

Kemal
24-02-2013, 19:06
UFC 157 full fight video highlights (http://msn.foxsports.com/video?videoid=dabe4fd0-3eb7-40be-bef6-ae18bb151d4c&src=v5:share:sharepermalink:&from=sharepermalink)

weks
24-02-2013, 19:21
Dennis Bermudez def. Matt Grice via split decision

wat een partij!!!

Tykill
24-02-2013, 19:51
De Dames deden het perfect. Een betere partij kan je niet wensen als debuut.

Toch viel het mij op dat er bij veel partijen een hoop Booo geroep was. Super irritant!

mmacentral
24-02-2013, 22:56
De Dames deden het perfect. Een betere partij kan je niet wensen als debuut.

Toch viel het mij op dat er bij veel partijen een hoop Booo geroep was. Super irritant!
Eens! Viel me met name op bij kos tegen lawler...beetje jammer

pronk
24-02-2013, 23:48
Dat komt door mede door Josh Koscheck zelf.

Chane
25-02-2013, 09:18
Beetje saai event. Partij van de dames vond ik wel goed.
Snap niet dat er een scheids was die Hendo als winnaar benoemde.
Koscheck vs Lawler echt te snel gestopt.
Mwa... matige UFC. Op naar de volgende :)

Brainthief
25-02-2013, 12:05
koscheck was weg hoor, check de herhaling. Die Rogan had het mis. Of koscheck was gewoon klappen aan het blokken met zijn hoofd zeker.... ;)
goede stoppage van de scheids.

Kemal
26-02-2013, 19:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAhnFXFt0Xs&feature=player_embedded

Hoek
26-02-2013, 20:24
Mooi hoor hoe Rousey het toch weer flikte

mmacentral
26-02-2013, 20:30
koscheck was weg hoor, check de herhaling. Die Rogan had het mis. Of koscheck was gewoon klappen aan het blokken met zijn hoofd zeker.... ;)
goede stoppage van de scheids.
Idd...je ziet hem inderdaad zwaar glazig uit zijn ogen kijken als ie probeert op te staan.