PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Riddle again tests positive for marijuana, cut from UFC

Kemal
27-02-2013, 08:22
Matthew Riddle (8-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC) was off on his timetable to cease marijuana usage prior to a fight.

The welterweight fighter on Tuesday confirmed to MMAjunkie radio that he failed his second post-fight drug test for marijuana and has been released from the UFC.

Riddle flunked a test following UFC on FUEL TV 7, where he earned a split call against Che Mills (15-6 MMA, 2-2 UFC).

Several critics, including UFC President Dana White, said Riddle should have won a unanimous decision. White also disparaged Mills' performance, saying the fighter didn't press the action late in the fight when he had a positional advantage.

Mills was later cut by the promotion in a spate of pink slips handed out prior to UFC 157.

Riddle appeared earlier this month on MMAjunkie.com Radio, where he said he would continue to use medical marijuana despite a previous failed test that resulted in a win over Chris Clements being overturned to a no-contest.

Riddle, who is a licensed medical marijuana user in his current home state of Nevada, said he would prevent future run-ins with regulatory bodies by halting his use three weeks prior to a fight.

But it appears he didn't give himself enough time, and the UFC, who previously advised Riddle not to use the drug prior to competition, took action.

Riddle exits the promotion as one of the only active fighters to serve his entire professional career in the UFC. A former high school state wrestling champ in New York, he competed on "The Ultimate Fighter 7," where he was eliminated in the reality show tournament's opening round.

Since his appearance, he went on to notch wins over the likes of DaMarques Johnson, John Maguire, and most recently, Mills.

stephan_dude
27-02-2013, 08:24
zonde! best een leuke vechter... en hij praat echt debiel grappig!

Diz
27-02-2013, 10:54
Jammer...

Maar ja, mensen zullen nu bij elke scheet die ze laten meer risico lopen om gecut te worden...

Silat
27-02-2013, 14:28
Kom op zeg, als je een pro fighter bent of wilt zijn dan is smoken sowieso iets wat je proces afbreekt en als je het dan toch doet, stop dan op tijd voor die wedstrijd.

Of worden alle UFC fighters willekeurig op een verrassend moment getest?
Wiet heeft alleen maar een slechte naam en gaat je concentratie of cardio echt niet verbeteren.

e-type
27-02-2013, 14:40
En het was nog z'n tweede keer in een jaar ook nog...dubbeldom...

owja, en medicinale wiet. :twak: Lees z'n argumentatie na z'n eerste fail...

===
Riddle said that he is not addicted to marijuana, and suggested that he was using it for a variety of medical reasons, including anti-anxiety and physical pain.

"I do smoke but I'm not smoking to get stoned," he said. "I'm smoking so I can finally relax, sit back and just not worry about things. People, maybe they did it in college one way, but for a guy like me, for a professional athlete that goes through what we go through, it’s medicine for me. Maybe for some little stoner sitting on the couch playing XBox, for him, it's a drug. For me, it's medicine."
http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/22/3539574/matt-riddle-says-positive-marijuana-test-stemmed-from-legitimate
===

Silat
27-02-2013, 15:13
Maybe for some little stoner sitting on the couch playing XBox, for him, it's a drug. For me, it's medicine."
http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/22/3539574/matt-riddle-says-positive-marijuana-test-stemmed-from-legitimate
===

OMG what's the fucking difference, iedereen die ooit gesmoked heeft weet dat dit dikke vette BS is.

Na mijn schouder operatie ging ik van morfine naar paracetamol.
Dus ik liet een grote zak groen halen en voor ik het wist zat ik een half jaar zwaar te smoken.
Met de smoes: hey het is m'n medicijn...

Get the fuck out of here..

Garcia
27-02-2013, 18:45
Echt belachelijk!! Mensen die T. gebruiken met of zonder toestemming van een arts krijgen een suspension, maar iemand die af en toe een joint rookt wordt direct gecut. Ik ben zelf anti drugs, maar dit slaat echt alles.

FOCUS
28-02-2013, 10:38
wat een flapdrol :lol:

Tony
28-02-2013, 10:42
Je hebt het toch niet over Garcia hierboven he :cool2:

;)

FOCUS
28-02-2013, 10:44
:whistling:

;)