PDA

View Full Version : UFC 162: Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidmann

Diaz bros
06-03-2013, 20:56
As expected, UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (33-4 MMA, 16-0 UFC) will meet top contender Chris Weidman (9-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) on Independence Day weekend at UFC 162.

MMAjunkie.com (http://www.mmajunkie.com/)(www.mmajunkie.com) previously passed along news of the targeted bout (http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/02/ufc-targeting-anderson-silva-vs-chris-weidman-for-july-pay-per-view-event), and Newsday.com (http://www.newsday.com/sports/mixed-martial-arts/chris-weidman-to-fight-anderson-silva-for-ufc-middleweight-title-in-july-1.4760579) today confirmed it as official with UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta.

The event takes place July 6 in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Weidman has long campaigned for the fight, and though officials initially appeared they'd go another direction, UFC President White ultimately relented this past month and said he'd likely be next for the champion.

Weidman's title hopes recently got a boost when fellow contender Michael Bisping suffered a loss to Vitor Belfort, which cost the Brit a promised a title shot. But Weidman, a former NCAA Division I All-American wrestler, has put together a worthy body of work, including a perfect 9-0 record and wins over UFC notables such as Mark Munoz and Demian Maia.

He'd face what is clearly his biggest test yet in Silva, who's emerged as arguably the greatest fighter in MMA history with 17 consecutive wins, 16 straight UFC victories and 10 successful title defenses. Most recently, he followed a title win over Chael Sonnen with a non-title victory over Stephan Bonnar in a 205-pound non-title fight in this past October's UFC 153 headliner.

Additional UFC 162 bouts and ticket information are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.

For the latest on "UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman (http://www.mmajunkie.com/events/detail/ufc-silva-weidman)," stay tuned to the UFC Rumors (http://www.mmajunkie.com/rumors) section of the site.

XanaduNL
06-03-2013, 21:29
Hij mag het dan verdiend hebben, maar ik zit er niet op te wachten. :(
Hopelijk na deze match een superfight.

Diz
06-03-2013, 21:31
Let's derail the Weidman hypetrain!

Wel vet om Silva weer bezig te zien, zal wel weer spelen worden totdat ie het beu is en dan een brute finish...

Diaz bros
06-03-2013, 21:34
x2, weidman is misschien wel de meest geschikte tegenstander op MW, maar wat mij betreft mogen de contenders daar nog even met elkaar uitmaken wie de meest geschikte is en anderson tegen een GSP,Jones of een mooie naam op LHW. Een superfight met shogun in brazil lijkt me wel tof, altijd wel een beetje bad blood tussen hun en dan had je ook misschien een TUF brazil van kunnen maken

Edit: Thiago silva vs Rafael Feijao ook op UFC 162

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/3/6/4071700/mma-news-thiago-silva-vs-rafael-feijao-cavalcante-ufc-162

leuke match, benieuwd naar feijao. Deze moet die kunnen hebben in vorm

Kemal
07-03-2013, 07:59
UFC 162 adds Munoz vs. Boetsch, Kennedy vs. Gracie, Cavalcante vs. Silva

With July's UFC 162 event now official with an Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman championship headliner, the UFC has gone to work filling out the rest of the card.

Three more fights have been added to the night's lineup. They include middleweights Tim Boetsch (15-6 MMA, 7-4 UFC) vs. Mark Munoz (12-3 MMA, 7-3 UFC), middleweights Roger Gracie (6-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) vs. Tim Kennedy (15-4 MMA, 1-1 UFC), and light heavyweights Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante (11-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) takes on Thiago Silva (14-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC).

MMAjunkie today confirmed the new matchups with sources close to the event.

"UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman" takes place July 6 in Las Vegas at a venue to be determined. The evening's main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

All three of the new bouts could potentially fill main-card slots, but their exact placement on the evening's lineup was not revealed.

Boetsch returns to action for the first time since suffering a TKO loss at the hands of fast-rising contender Constantinos Philippou. The disappointing result snapped a four-fight win streak for Boetsch, who now meets Munoz. "The Filipino Wrecking Machine" was once considered one of the 185-pound division's top contenders, but a July 2012 loss to Weidman and subsequent injuries derailed his sizable momentum.

Strikeforce import Gracie joins siblings Royce, Renzo and Rolles as the fourth member of MMA's first family to fight in the octagon. He brings with him a two-fight win streak after back-to-back wins over Anthony Smith and Keith Jardine. He now meets Kennedy, a six-time Strikeforce vet who twice challenged unsuccessfully for the company's middleweight title.

A former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion, Cavalcante fights for the first time since having a May 2012 win over Mike Kyle overturned due to failing the post-event drug screen by testing positive for stanozolol. With his suspension complete, "Feijao" now meets Silva, who is also returning to work after a failed postfight screen. Silva tested positive for marijuana metabolites following his November win over Stanislav Nedkov, and his win was also overturned.

The latest UFC 162 card includes:

Champ Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman - for middleweight title
Tim Boetsch vs. Mark Munoz
Rafael Cavalcante vs. Thiago Silva
Roger Gracie vs. Tim Kennedy

Kemal
07-03-2013, 16:27
'UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman' heads to MGM Grand Garden Arena on July 6

This summer's UFC 162 blockbuster between UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (33-4 MMA, 16-0 UFC) and top contender Chris Weidman (9-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) now has a venue.

As announced on Wednesday, the title fight is slated for July 6 in Las Vegas. Officials since have confirmed a venue: MGM Grand Garden Arena.

The Sin City venue has hosted the UFC's past four early-July cards, including the historic UFC 100 event in 2009.

UFC 162, which includes a pay-per-view main card and prelims on FX and Facebook, should be one of the UFC's biggest events of 2013. Silva fights for the first time since October and looks to extend his UFC records for most consecutive wins (16), title defenses (10), most finishes (14) and longest title reign (2,336 days and counting).

Other bouts announced for the card include middleweights Tim Boetsch (15-6 MMA, 7-4 UFC) vs. Mark Munoz (12-3 MMA, 7-3 UFC), middleweights Roger Gracie (6-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) vs. Tim Kennedy (15-4 MMA, 1-1 UFC), and light heavyweights Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante (11-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC) vs. Thiago Silva (14-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC).

Officials plan to announce additional bouts and a ticket on-sale date in the coming weeks.

kooivechter
07-03-2013, 23:18
Hèhè eindelijk weer een echte tegenstander voor Silva. Weidman veruit het grootste talent op middel weight tot dusver.
Als Silva deze wint mag hij met pensioen. Ik zie dit 50-50. Kijk echt uit naar deze pot!

Diz
08-03-2013, 00:08
Hèhè eindelijk weer een echte tegenstander voor Silva. Weidman veruit het grootste talent op middel weight tot dusver.
Als Silva deze wint mag hij met pensioen. Ik zie dit 50-50. Kijk echt uit naar deze pot!

Inderdaad 50-50... Er is 50% kans dat Silva wint via knockout en 50% kans dat Silva wint via submission ;)

Ik kan met allebei de uitkomsten prima leven!

kooivechter
08-03-2013, 00:24
Inderdaad 50-50... Er is 50% kans dat Silva wint via knockout en 50% kans dat Silva wint via submission ;)

Ik kan met allebei de uitkomsten prima leven!

In your Dreams, ga eerst maar is naar de partijen van weidman kijken. Een 2e Jon Jones in het middelgewicht met nog betere jiu Jitsu. De perfecte tegenstander om Silva te verslaan. Als Silva dit wint, is hij de goat

Diaz bros
08-03-2013, 00:26
nee toch... weidman is goed maar niet zo goed, anderson gaat gewoon weer met zijn tegenstander spelen en we gaan een hele afwachtende weidman zien denk ik. Nog niet zo lang geleden won weidman controversieel van maia, dezelfde maia die voor lul stond tegen anderson

The Company
08-03-2013, 01:15
Weidman domineerde de worstel coach van Silva Munoz

Asura
08-03-2013, 15:53
Veels te vroeg voor weidman, qua top competitie heeft hij alleen tegen maia en munoz gestaan. Ze hadden hem meer op moeten bouwen

Anderson
08-03-2013, 15:59
sparrings partijtje voor Anderson Silva

Asura
08-03-2013, 16:21
sparrings partijtje voor Anderson Silva
Denk het ook

Son & Breugel!
08-03-2013, 18:32
denk dat silva wel gewoon wint maar weidman heeft wel alle tools om het hem lastig te maken!

Flabbert
08-03-2013, 19:21
Weidman word zwaar onderschat hier vind ik, denk dat het een top partije gaat worden

T15Boxing
08-03-2013, 19:47
Anderson pakt hem hard aan.

T15Boxing
08-03-2013, 19:56
denk dat silva wel gewoon wint maar weidman heeft wel alle tools om het hem lastig te maken!

Dat klopt, maarja Okami had dat ook en met nog veel meer ervaring dan Weidman en we zagen wat Silva met hem deed.

Son & Breugel!
08-03-2013, 20:40
Dat klopt, maarja Okami had dat ook en met nog veel meer ervaring dan Weidman en we zagen wat Silva met hem deed.

Dat klopt ook, maar denk dat het worstelen van weidman van een hoger niveau is dan van okami. En zoals je is sonnen - silva 1 hebt gezien is worstelen niet de sterkste eigenschap van silva, maar denk ook wel dat silva deze partij gaat winnen. Maar dat zou denk ik niet zo makkelijk gaan als tegen andere vechters!!

mmacentral
08-03-2013, 21:35
juist. Zo zie ik het ook gaan. Maar wie weet verrast weidman, hij heeft echter nog te weinig gedaan tegen genoeg top competitie om me daar bij voorbaat van te overtuigen.

kooivechter
09-03-2013, 16:14
maar weidman is echt een veel betere worstelaar en jiu jitsuka dan Okami. Die laatste partij ook Munoz een van de beste worstelaars ni die divies. Moet je is kijken hoe hard hij Munoz aanpakte. Denk echt dat dit een lastige wordt voor silva

Kemal
13-03-2013, 08:55
Craig vs. Leben, Baczynski vs. Melancon added to July's UFC 162 event

"The Crippler" returns at UFC 162, and he'll have a "Highlight" waiting on him in the cage. Additionally, "The Polish Pistola" meets Brian Melancon (6-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC).

UFC officials revealed on Tuesday's new edition of "UFC Tonight" that Chris Leben (22-9 MMA, 12-8 UFC) has been booked for the July event against once-beaten Texan Andrew Craig (8-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC). Meanwhile Seth Baczynski (18-9 MMA, 4-2 UFC) meets two-time Strikeforce vet Brian Melancon.

Featuring a headlining bout of UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva vs. top contender Chris Weidman, UFC 162 takes place July 6 at at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena. The evening's main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

It wasn't immediately clear where the two new matchups will be slotted on the evening's lineup.

Leben returns to action after a disappointing loss to Strikeforce import Derek Brunson at December's UFC 155 event. A longtime fan-favorite and former cast member on the original edition of "The Ultimate Fighter," Leben is actually mired in a 1-3 slump and could certainly use a positive result. Meanwhile, Craig looks to rebound from a lackluster decision loss to Ronny Markes at January's UFC on FX 7 event in Brazil. It was the first loss for Craig, who had opened his octagon career with victories over Rafael Natal and Kyle Noke.

Baczynski looks to rebound from a unanimous-decision loss to Mike Pierce at this past December's UFC on FX 6 event. The disappointing loss snapped a six-fight win streak that included four octagon victories. Meanwhile, Melancon makes his UFC debut following a two-fight stint under the Strikeforce banner that saw him lose a split decision to Isaac Vallie-Flagg before bouncing back with a decision victory over Felipe Portela.

With the new announcement, the UFC 162 lineup now includes:

Andrew Craig vs. Chris Leben
Seth Baczynski vs. Brian Melancon

Brainthief
13-03-2013, 17:12
offtopic, ik las op BJ Penn.com een verhaal dat Anderson in 2013 op catchweight tussen 185 en 205 met Jon Jones wil vechten....

Anderson
13-03-2013, 17:28
Dat zou wel wat zijn in plaats van die sparringspartijtjes voor Jones en Silva.

Brainthief
13-03-2013, 19:41
http://www.bjpenn.com/anderson-silva-admits-fighting-jon-jones-later-this-year-is-likely-ufc-news/

Hiero de link btw

mmacentral
13-03-2013, 20:00
Catchweight? Hmmm. Benieuwd of Jones dat aankan en wil. Ook al vechten ze @ 205 dan nog zie ik Anderson winnen. Ook al zou je wellicht anders denken door Jones zijn fysieke kwaliteiten. De manier waarop Anderson met bonnar speelde was bizar en van een ander niveau.

Kemal
14-03-2013, 08:57
Ricardo Lamas meets Chang Sung Jung at July's UFC 162 card in Las Vegas

In a key fight for the UFC's featherweight division, Ricardo Lamas (13-2 MMA, 4-0 UFC) will meet "The Korean Zombie," Chan Sung Jung (13-3 MMA, 3-0 UFC), this summer.

Lamas and Jung will meet at UFC 162 this July in Las Vegas. UFC officials announced the fight booking, which had been long rumored, late Wednesday.

UFC 162 takes place July 6 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas with a main card airing on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook. The main event is a middleweight title fight between champion Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman.

Lamas comes into the bout riding a four-fight win streak, tied for tops in the division aside from champion Jose Aldo. The former lightweight dropped from 155 pounds to featherweight after the WEC/UFC merger, and he's been perfect in the weight class.

In January, Lamas scored what was arguably the biggest win of his career when he stopped former top contender Erik Koch with a vicious first-round TKO from a series of elbows at UFC on FOX 6 in Chicago in front of his home fans. That win came after dispatching Hatsu Hioki with a unanimous decision in June, submitting Cub Swanson at UFC on FOX 1 and beating Matt Grice in his 145-pound debut.

Jung will return after a layoff of what will be about 14 months. his most recent fight came this past May, when he stopped Dustin Poirier with a fourth-round D'Arce choke. That stoppage earned him a double bonus for "Fight of the Night" and "Submission of the Night" and derailed Poirier's chances at a possible title shot.

Before that, Jung stopped Mark Hominick with a "Knockout of the Night" bonus at UFC 140 and got a "Submission of the Night" (and year) with a twister against Leonard Garcia.

Jung is perfect in the UFC at 3-0 after a rough 0-2 start to his stateside MMA career in the WEC. But a shoulder injury has kept him sidelined until now, when he apparently has been cleared to get back to full training.

With the new announcement, the UFC 162 lineup now includes:

Chan Sung Jung vs. Ricardo Lamas

Kemal
29-03-2013, 07:14
UFC 162 adds Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira, Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson

A pair of key featherweight matchups have been added to July's UFC 162 event, as former UFC lightweight champ Frankie Edgar (15-4-1 MMA, 9-4-1 UFC) faces Charles Oliveira (16-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) and Dennis Siver (21-8 MMA, 10-5 UFC) meets Cub Swanson (19-5 MMA, 4-1 UFC).

UFC officials today announced the new matchups.

Featuring a middleweight title fight between current champ Anderson Silva and undefeated contender Chris Weidman, UFC 162 takes place July 6 at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Edgar seeks his first win at featherweight after falling short in his first fight at the weight in a bout with current champion Jose Aldo. The former IFC lightweight champ is currently mired in a three-fight losing streak despite being competitive in the bout with Aldo and a pair of contest with current lightweight champ Benson Henderson. The fight will be Edgar's first non-title fight since a December 2009 win over Matt Veach.

Meanwhile, Oliveira is also a former lightweight who now fights for the fourth time at 145 pounds. The Brazilian youngster opened his run in the division with stoppage wins over Jonathan Brookins and Eric Wisley before suffering a knockout loss to Swanson at this past September's UFC 152 event.

Meanwhile, the Siver vs. Swanson winner will find himself in an enviable position at 145 pounds, and the matchup could very will prove a de facto No. 1 contender fight.

Siver, a former lightweight, dropped to 145 pounds one year ago and has since earned convincing decision wins over Nam Phan and Diego Nunes. Overall, Siver is 10-2 in his past 12 octagon appearances after opening up at a disappointing 1-3 mark.

Swanson is an eight-time WEC veteran who found a tough time establishing consistency during his time with the now-shuttered promotion. However, after transitioning to the UFC and suffering a submission defeat to current top contender Ricardo Lamas, Swanson has since rattled off four consecutive wins in matchups with Dustin Poirier, Oliveira, Ross Pearson and George Roop.

Naj85
29-03-2013, 11:10
Chris Weidman wants 'to put his money where his mouth is' at UFC 162 before signing new contract
Stay connected for news and updates
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/10599551/20120711_ajw_st3_147.0_standard_709.0.jpg Kyle Terada-US PRESSWIRE

Weidman spoke to MMA Junkie Radio about his upcoming title fight with the 185 lb. king. He remains confident that he'll pull off the upset and is waiting until after UFC 162 before renegotiating his contract with the UFC.

 Share (31) (https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsbn.to%2FX0d6N9)
 Tweet (17) (https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Chris+Weidman+wants+%27to+put+his+money +where+his+mouth+is%27+at+UFC+162+before+signing+n ew+contract&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsbn.to%2FX0d6N9&via=BloodyElbow)
66 Comments (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/3/28/4159370/ufc-162-chris-weidman-new-contract-anderson-silva-mma-news#comments)

UFC Middleweight (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/weight_class/middleweight) Chris Weidman (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/128569/chris-weidman) is set up for the biggest fight of his young career. After only 9 fights in his MMA career, he's scheduled to fight the division's king Anderson Silva (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/122568/anderson-silva) t UFC 162 (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fight-card/127275/ufc-162-silva-vs-weidman) on July 6. Weidman earned his shot at the title with an overwhelmingly dominant victory over then top 5er Mark Munoz (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/126094/mark-munoz) at UFC On Fuel TV 4.
If you were wondering if Weidman used his new status as title contender to ink a shiny new contract, he told MMA Junkie (http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/03/ufc-162s-chris-weidman-ready-to-put-my-money-where-my-mouth-is-for-new-deal) that now's not the time:

"I think we're just going to keep the contract. I'm definitely OK with making what I was making. I think I was making $24,000 (to show) and $24,000 (as a win bonus). I want to do that because then after I beat Anderson like I plan on doing, then obviously the contract will jump up more than if I was to rip up the contract now. I'm ready to put all my eggs in one basket and put my money where my mouth is."
Chris also had a message for anyone thinking he's getting cocky by proclaiming himself the man to dethrone The Spider:

"When people hear that, it's almost like I'm talking smack," Weidman said. "But I'm just confident, and I really believe I can win the fight. I think it's a fight that people want to see.

"This is a dream fight for me. Since I got into MMA, this is the guy wanted to fight and really prove I could beat. I finally have the opportunity to do that."
Weidman definitely has his hands full trying to pull the upset in July. Silva is undefeated since debuting in the UFC all the way back in June 2006. He's had 11 title defenses since taking the belt from Rich Franklin (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/129197/rich-franklin) in his second fight with the promotion. On top of that he holds 1st round KO victories over a trio of Light Heavyweights, including former champion Forrest Griffin (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/122511/forrest-griffin).

Naj85
29-03-2013, 11:15
weidman heeft er wel erg veel vertrouwen in. ik weet het niet hoor, hij heeft de tools maar te weinig experience vind ik. en als je kijkt hoe Anderson Silva iedere keer toch weer een manier weet te vinden zijn tegenstanders te domineren, verschut te zetten en te verslaan op manieren hoe ze nooit eerder zijn verslagen (Bonnar gestopt bijv) dan denk ik dat Weidman precies hetzelfde staat af te wachten. Als Silva nog in zn prime zit dan wordt het waarschijnlijk een total domination voor the spider
lekker voor weidman dan! :D

Tony
29-03-2013, 12:16
Ik zie Weidman zeker wel winnen hoor op basis van technische skills en drive. Maar ja, helaas voor hem staat ie tegen the spider. In het beste geval voor Weidman wordt t een 50/50.

Kemal
12-04-2013, 21:14
UFC 162 adds lightweights Edson Barboza vs. John Makdessi

A lightweight bout between strikers Edson Barboza (11-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) and John Makdessi (11-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) is the latest addition to July's UFC 162 event.

UFC officials today announced the fight.

UFC 162 takes place July 6 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

It's not clear where Barboza vs. Makdessi will be situated on the lineup.

Barboza recently rebounded from his first career loss (a TKO defeat to Jamie Varner) after stopping late replacement Lucas Martins with punches at UFC on FX 7. Prior to the Varner loss, the 27-year-old Brazilian quickly moved up the 155-pound ranks by winning her first 10 pro fights, which included UFC victories over Mike Lullo, Anthony Njokuani, Ross Pearson and Terry Etim. The latter three all earned "Fight of the Night" bonuses.

Makdessi, meanwhile, looks for his third consecutive UFC victory. After back-to-back defeats to Dennis Hallman and Njokuani, the 27-year-old Canadian recently rebounded with decision victories over Sam Stout and Daron Cruickshank. Barboza, though, is a definite step up in competition.

The latest UFC 162 card includes:

Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira
Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson
David Mitchell vs. Mike Pierce*
Edson Barboza vs. John Makdessi
Shane Del Rosario vs. Dave Herman

* - Not officially announced

Klassikl
13-04-2013, 02:39
Yes the korean zombie weer in actie. Deze partij winnen en dan title fight!

Son & Breugel!
16-04-2013, 19:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GmA1K3KEuKQ#!

Kemal
17-04-2013, 19:48
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vSTMbLcAo-k/USZbR3QfoQI/AAAAAAAAMAU/kgxA8-rniBs/s400/UFC+162.jpg

Diaz bros
17-04-2013, 20:02
Yes the korean zombie weer in actie. Deze partij winnen en dan title fight!
x2!, Korean Zombie voor de title, ik hoop het echt!!. Ze moeten trouwens pettis van die partij afhalen tegen aldo en de winnaar van deze match tegenover Aldo zetten in augustus. Pettis kan dan mooi rond die tijd tegenover de winnaar van Henderson/Melendez gaan vechten. Ik heb veel respect voor Pettis en ben een groot fan maar ik snap niet dat hij nu ineens voor de FW title mag vechten, laat hem eerst de LW title veroveren en dan eventueel tegen kampioenen van andere divisies vechten en eigenlijk moet die vind ik ook nog eerst alle topcontenders in de LW divisie verslaan voordat je voor andere belts kan gaan vechten.

Kemal
25-04-2013, 09:17
Norman Parke vs. Kazuki Tokudome added to UFC 162 in Las Vegas

A lightweight matchup between Northern Irish fighter Norman Parke (17-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Japanese import Kazuki Tokudome (12-3-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) is the latest addition to UFC 162.

UFC officials today announced the new booking.

Featuring a UFC middleweight title fight between current champion Anderson Silva and undefeated contender Chris Weidman, UFC 162 takes place July 6 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Parke, winner of "The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes," made his official UFC debut at this past December's UFC on FX 6, where he earned a decision win over Colin Fletcher to claim the "TUF" tournament title. He was then expected to face Jon Tuck at this past weekend's UFC on FOX 7 event, but an injury forced Tuck out one week before the fight, and the promotion was unable to secure a replacement opponent in time, leaving the bout a late scratch.

Meanwhile, Tokudome made his UFC debut at March's UFC on FUEL TV 8 event, where he earned a unanimous-decision win over Cristiano Marcello. A Pancrase and Sengoku veteran, Tokudome is 7-1 in his past eight overall fights. The UFC 162 matchup marks just the second time the 26-year-old has fought outside of his native country.

With the addition to the card, UFC 162 now includes:

Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman - for middleweight title
Shane Del Rosario vs. Dave Herman
Edson Barboza vs. John Makdessi
Norman Parke vs. Kazuki Tokudome
David Mitchell vs. Mike Pierce*

* - Not officially announced

Kemal
21-05-2013, 20:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H1tKobM5WU&feature=player_embedded

Kemal
01-06-2013, 07:55
Shane del Rosario forced out at UFC 162, Dave Herman now meets Gabriel Gonzaga

Dave Herman will get another chance to prove his claim that jiu-jitsu doesn't work, as he meets fourth-degree Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 162.

Gonzaga steps in for an injured Shane Del Rosario, who was originally booked for the event. UFC officials recently announced the switch.

UFC 162 takes place July 6 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook. Herman vs. Gonzaga takes place on the evening's prelims.

Herman, who fights for the first time since serving a six-month suspension for testing positive for marijuana, looks to break a three-fight win streak. It's certainly a much-needed win for Herman, who has fallen short against Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Roy Nelson and Stefan Struve.

Meanwhile, Gonzaga looks to rebound from a disappointing knockout loss to Travis Browne at April's The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale event. Prior to the loss, Gonzaga had pieced together a three-fight win streak with submission victories over Ben Rothwell, Ednaldo Oliveira and Parker Porter, the first two of which came under the UFC banner.

A timetable for del Rosario's return wasn't immediately established.

kooivechter
02-06-2013, 04:26
Denk echt, weet het zeker zelfs. Silva gaat dit verliezen tegen Weidman

jantje11
02-06-2013, 14:19

Aan de tijd van je post te zien had je al redelijk wat op ?

Diz
02-06-2013, 14:48

:rotflmao:

lopez86
02-06-2013, 16:18

Op basis waarvan denk je dat?
Is niet condescending bedoelt ofzo, maar ik ken Weidman helemaal niet zo goed en heb dus ook geen idee wat hij brengt dat anderen niet brengen.

Diaz bros
02-06-2013, 16:35
Aan de tijd van je post te zien had je al redelijk wat op ?

ik denk het ook. Weidman maakt echt geen kans, kom op mensen Maia op split en Munoz verslagen en zoveel credit ineens!? Anderson Silva heeft al tegenover iedereen gestaan, Vitor heeft trouwens meer aanspraak op die titleshot. Denk dat Weidman voor een heleboel mensen zal gaan tegenvallen als die voor het eerst te maken gaat krijgen met een echte wereldtopper!!

kooivechter
02-06-2013, 21:18
Op basis waarvan denk je dat?
Is niet condescending bedoelt ofzo, maar ik ken Weidman helemaal niet zo goed en heb dus ook geen idee wat hij brengt dat anderen niet brengen.

Ga het je uitleggen. Weidman is eigenlijk de Jon Jones van het middelweight. Hij is erg lang en groot voor middel weight. Zijn worstelen is beter dan welke middelweight dan ook. Daarnaast heeft hij als worstelaar de beste jiujitsu skills, die ik ooit heb gezien bij de middel weight. Zijn stand up is solide, uiteraard niet van het kaliber van Silva. Weidman z,n opdracht is ook om te combineren, Daarnaast is hij 10 jaar jonger. Silva kan niet nog jaren meegaan. Ook een topvechter als Silva heeft een houdbaarheidsdatum. Daarnaast is de middel weight nooit een grote vijver met heel veel talent geweest. Weidman steekt wat dat betreft ver boven de rest uit, en is een groot talent en een intelligente vechter.Weidman maakt een grote kans. Weidman heeft al z,n partijen vrij eenvoudig gewonnen in de ufc. Mensen hebben het over zijn partij van Maia, maar die is een dag later veranderd naar een UD. De laatste Ufc had ik alle 5 de partijen van de main event goed. Deze ga ik ook weer pakken. Kun je ook ergens wedden, omdat de odds 100 tegen 1 zijn in het nadeel van Weidman. Dus dat kan nog iets opleveren.

Klassikl
03-06-2013, 16:08
Snap wat je bedoelt kooivechter. Maar silva verslaat iedereen alsof ze er niks van kunnen. Weidman MOET silva elke keer naar de grond brengen want in de standup gaat ie er gelijk aan. En als er iemand goed achteruit kan vechten is het silva wel. Ik zie silva deze echt pakken maar laat me graag door weidman verrassen.

Maar de enige die er echt toe doet deze card is the korean zombie. WarZombie!

Cachorro Louco
13-06-2013, 10:39
Chan Sung Jung, the Korean Zombie, keert terug op 6 juli (UFC 162) tegen Ricardo Lamas.
Wat vinden jullie van volgende promo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AymRCOjjdZU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AymRCOjjdZU)

Klassikl
13-06-2013, 15:24
Lekkere promo.

Daniel
13-06-2013, 15:27
Vet!

Minotauro
13-06-2013, 15:43
haha toffe promo

Kemal
19-06-2013, 09:49
Ricardo Lamas off UFC 162, Tim Boetsch-Mark Munoz promoted to main card

Ricardo Lamas will not remain on next month's UFC 162 card, and instead a preliminary-card fight between Tim Boetsch and Mark Munoz will be promoted to the main card. That fight had been set as the featured prelim on FX.

The announcement was part of Tuesday night's edition of "UFC Tonight" on FUEL TV, with correspondnet Ariel Helwani getting word from UFC officials.

UFC 162 takes place July 6 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The show is headlined by a middleweight title fight between champion Anderson Silva and top contender Chris Weidman. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

This past Saturday at UFC 161 in Winnipeg, UFC President Dana White told MMAjunkie that Lamas (13-2 MMA, 4-0 UFC) will be paid his show money for next month's UFC 162 event in Las Vegas – even though he's not likely to remain on the card. White said the promotion was actively seeking an opponent for him after original opponent Chan Sung Jung (13-3 MMA, 3-0 UFC) was pulled from the fight on Thursday to face Jose Aldo for the featherweight title at UFC 163 in August.

It's the second straight time Lamas has been passed over for a possible title shot. The Chicago-area fighter has won four straight, including a brutal first-round stoppage of Erik Koch in January. After that fight, he thought he had done enough to earn a shot at Aldo – and he even was miked up cageside the following week at UFC 156 to watch Aldo beat Frankie Edgar, meaning even the UFC thought there was a chance that would be the next fight they'd make.

But after that fight, Anthony Pettis, who had been named the next challenger for Benson Henderson the week prior in Chicago, decided he wanted to drop to featherweight to challenge Aldo. And with the potential for that blockbuster superfight, Lamas was passed over. This past week, when Pettis pulled out of the UFC 163 headlining fight vs. Aldo with a knee injury, the UFC decided to go with "The Korean Zombie" instead of Lamas.

Now Lamas may be faced with a dilemma that is growing more common in the UFC – sit back and wait and hope he's offered the winner of Aldo-Jung after their Aug. 3 fight, or take another fight in the meantime to stay active, and risk an injury or a loss.

Boetsch (16-5 MMA, 5-2 UFC) will look to get back into the win column after a third-round TKO loss to Constantinos Philippou in December at UFC 155. That loss snapped a four-fight win streak for him that included a split-decision win over Hector Lombard.

Munoz (12-3 MMA, 7-3 UFC) will return for the first time in almost a year when he meets Boetsch. He had a four-fight win streak snapped in July 2012 when he was brutally stopped by Weidman with a second-round knockout.

The full UFC 162 card now includes:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman - for middleweight title

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)

Norman Parke vs. Kazuki Tokudome
Edson Barboza vs. Rafaello Oliveira
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Dave Herman

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 7 p.m. ET)

David Mitchell vs. Mike Pierce

Kemal
19-06-2013, 20:24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCeFhVxvsBM&feature=player_embedded

Wheelie
26-06-2013, 00:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ca0enh0MXX8

Nibbit88
26-06-2013, 01:02
Ik ben er bij! Toevallig ga ik 2 juli naar Vegas. Wilde altijd al een UFC event live meemaken. En dan gaat het ook nog eens gebeuren op de thuisbasis! Ik zal proberen bij de Weigh-Ins te zijn om wat foto's te schieten en hier te plaatsen.

ChingChong
26-06-2013, 15:14
Ik ben er bij! Toevallig ga ik 2 juli naar Vegas. Wilde altijd al een UFC event live meemaken. En dan gaat het ook nog eens gebeuren op de thuisbasis! Ik zal proberen bij de Weigh-Ins te zijn om wat foto's te schieten en hier te plaatsen.
ok

Asura
26-06-2013, 15:54

klinkt goed, er zullen nog wel tickets zijn

Kemal
26-06-2013, 18:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w136XEuPLXI

Asura
26-06-2013, 19:35
Weidman is er niet klaar voor, en weet niet of hij er ooit klaar voor kan zijn. Anderson Silva is perfect. Iedereen heeft het over zijn takedown defense maar ook dat is bovengemiddeld, en is een stuk beter geworden.Deze man stopt Bonnar die er bekend om staat niet omver te gaan, hij hield in het tweede gevecht de meeste takedown attempts van Sonnen tegen. Zijn timing is perfect, op de grond is hij niet te pakken, ik zie niet hoe weidman wint. Ik hoop voor hem dat hij het vijf ronden volhoud, dan zou ik hem als mogelijk toekomstig kampioen zien.

Pr00f
27-06-2013, 01:06
Weidman is er niet klaar voor, en weet niet of hij er ooit klaar voor kan zijn. Anderson Silva is perfect. Iedereen heeft het over zijn takedown defense maar ook dat is bovengemiddeld, en is een stuk beter geworden.Deze man stopt Bonnar die er bekend om staat niet omver te gaan, hij hield in het tweede gevecht de meeste takedown attempts van Sonnen tegen. Zijn timing is perfect, op de grond is hij niet te pakken, ik zie niet hoe weidman wint. Ik hoop voor hem dat hij het vijf ronden volhoud, dan zou ik hem als mogelijk toekomstig kampioen zien.

Dit ja. Toch altijd interessant dat de UFC zijn tegenstanders zo weet te hypen dat ze eruit zien alsof ze de nieuwe A. Silva downfall kunnen zijn. Ik zie het ook niet gebeuren. Ben wel weer benieuwd hoe Silva hem weg gaat zetten.

Naj85
05-07-2013, 00:17
wat doet deze topic op pagina 3..
UP!

Naj85
05-07-2013, 00:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCeygAxGqak&feature=player_embedded

Naj85
05-07-2013, 00:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCbYlFVJ-A0

Naj85
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHtUS2XzU8s

Naj85
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cabSwYY4WOg

Turboknecht
05-07-2013, 00:44
http://youtu.be/zqQBvpqHYX0

Ik vind die vlog's toch altijd wel cool hoor.

Naj85
05-07-2013, 01:54
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/4/4494292/dana-white-talks-ufc-162-roy-jones-jr-fighter-pay-and-more

misschien zien we binnenkort toch Jones jr vs Anderson Silva

Naj85
05-07-2013, 02:11
Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman staredown pic from UFC 162 press conference in Las Vegas By Thomas Myers (http://www.sbnation.com/users/Thomas%20Myers) on Jul 4 2013, 2:41p  @TommyMyers (http://twitter.com/TommyMyers) 34 (http://www.mmamania.com/2013/7/4/4493920/anderson-silva-vs-chris-weidman-staredown-pic-ufc-162-press-conference-las-vegas-mma#comments)
Stay connected for news and updates (https://plus.google.com/+mmamania)
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/15909887/screen_shot_2013-07-04_at_2.36.02_pm.0_standard_709.0.png

With UFC 162 on the horizon, the promotion today (July 4, 2013) trotted out its top stars for this weekend's Fourth of July pay-per-view (PPV) extravaganza in Las Vegas, Nevada. Check out staredown pics for Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman, as well as Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira and Mark Munoz vs. Tim Boetsch.

 Share (73) (https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsbn.to%2F1a2ZU24)
 Tweet (14) (https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Anderson+Silva+vs+Chris+Weidman+staredo wn+pic+from+UFC+162+press+conference+in+Las+Vegas&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsbn.to%2F1a2ZU24&via=mmamania)
34 Comments (http://www.mmamania.com/2013/7/4/4493920/anderson-silva-vs-chris-weidman-staredown-pic-ufc-162-press-conference-las-vegas-mma#comments)

Get ready for some fireworks!
Ultimate Fighting Championship (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/promotion/ufc) (UFC) is all set to kick off its Fourth of July weekend pay-per-view (PPV) bonanza this Saturday night (July 6, 2013) live from MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
"Silva vs. Weidman" will feature reigning UFC Middleweight (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/weight_class/middleweight) Champion Anderson Silva (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/122568/anderson-silva) taking on undefeated No. 1-ranked 185-pound contender Chris Weidman (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/128569/chris-weidman) in the main event of the evening. "All American" will attempt to do what no man has done to date inside the Octagon and squish "The Spider" to make good on his promise as "super" fight wrecker (http://www.mmamania.com/2013/3/18/4121022/chris-weidman-eff-up-dana-white-plans-super-fight-anderson-silva-ufc).
Silva and Weidman were on hand earlier this afternoon at the UFC 162 pre-fight press conference (full recap here (http://www.mmamania.com/2013/7/4/4492932/ufc-162-press-conference-video-and-live-updates-today-july-4-for)), to talk about their championship showdown and to face off for the cameras:
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2877743/Screen_shot_2013-07-04_at_2.36.02_PM_medium.png (http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2877743/Screen_shot_2013-07-04_at_2.36.02_PM.png)

Silva even let Weidman hold his belt (http://www.mmamania.com/2013/7/4/4494028/pic-anderson-silva-lets-chris-weidman-hold-championship-belt-at-ufc). Whoot!
Also coming nose-to-nose were Featherweight (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/weight_class/featherweight) co-headliners Frankie Edgar (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/122527/frankie-edgar) and Charles Oliveira (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/122643/charles-oliveira). "The Answer" is hoping to score his first-ever 145-pound victory -- and snap an uncharacteristic three-fight losing skid -- against "Do Bronx," who is looking to get "back in the mix" after a knockout loss to Cub Swanson (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/122976/cub-swanson).
Here's a look at their staredown:
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2877751/Screen_shot_2013-07-04_at_2.35.32_PM_medium.png (http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2877751/Screen_shot_2013-07-04_at_2.35.32_PM.png)

And let's throw in a face off between top Middleweight competitors Mark Munoz (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/126094/mark-munoz) and Tim Boetsch (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/122507/tim-boetsch) just for good measure:
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2877847/Screen_shot_2013-07-04_at_2.34.48_PM_medium.png (http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2877847/Screen_shot_2013-07-04_at_2.34.48_PM.png)

It should be an electric night of fights.
Remember: MMAmania.com will provide LIVE round-by-round, blow-by-blow coverage of the entire UFC 162 fight card on fight night, starting with the Facebook "Prelims," which are scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. ET, right on through the FX-televised under card bouts at 8 p.m. ET and then main card PPV action, which is slated to begin at 10 p.m. ET. (http://www.mmamania.com/2013/6/21/4452298/ufc-162-results-online-live-fight-stream-coverage-updates-silva-vs-weidman-ppv-las-vegas-mma)
See you then!
For the latest UFC 162 (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fight-card/127275/ufc-162-silva-vs-weidman) news and notes check out our complete event archive right here (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fight-card/127275/ufc-162-silva-vs-weidman). To check out the latest "Silva vs. Weidman" fight card and rumors click here (http://www.mmamania.com/2013/3/7/4075834/ufc-162-fight-card-rumors-silva-vs-weidman-july-6-las-vegas-mma).

Naj85
05-07-2013, 02:19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCeygAxGqak&feature=player_embedded

Tim Kennedy: Business is part of fighting. I'm here to fight and put no a show. I could care less about anything else. Roger will be across from me and that's what matters.
Roger Gracie: I cannot try to think, make it right for what happened in the past. I need to concentrate and do my best in the Octagon.
Dana White: I don't even know (about how many tickets are sold)
Dana White: He's the greatest of all time. He's broken every record in the UFC. He goes out and does things other people can't do and he's doing it at 38 years old. He's massive all over the world and in Brazil. Something special happens every time he fights.
Dana White: We've got a great rest of the year, cards are stacked. We've had a much better year than last year in regards to injuries.
Chris Weidman: I'm fighting the greatest of all time. I'm expecting people to think I'll lose the fight. This is a match-up I've been wanting and I need to go get it.
Chris Weidman: When Chael got on top of Anderson, he was stressed out. When I get on top, there's no reason to rush. I'll be more calculated with everything I do.
Chris Weidman: I don't go out there to try and not get tired. If I'm working hard, the other guy's working hard and he's going to break before me.
Chris Weidman: Obviously he was taken down a bunch of times in that fight and that's something I want to do. I'm gonna be Chris Weidman and not Chael Sonnen and I think that's going to be a more devastating match-up for him than Chael Sonnen was.
Mark Munoz: It means the world to me to be back right now. I had a lot of adversity going into that fight with Weidman. You'll see an updated version of me. I don't put that much pressure on myself at all. We're professional athletes and you'll see the best version of me.
Mark Munoz: I was going through some depression. It was a bad year. I don'd do PED's but man I eat. I was like Fat Bastard on Austin Powers. I ate because I was sad and I was sad because I ate. I looked in the mirror and was stunned. I called my trainer and we did everything, grass fed, all hard work. Now I'm in the best shape of my life and I'm ready to get back.
Dana White: I love giving the Fight of the Night bonuses. Before a decision like that is made, we're gonna talk to the fighters about it before something like that.
Dana White: These are the lowest odds Anderson Silva's fought with in a long time and a lot of fighters think Chris Weidman is the one to win this fight.
Anderson Silva: This is normal, just another day of working.
Anderson Silva: It's great to have a healthy competition between the Americans and Brazilians. The Americans are pulling for Weidman. Today is a big day for America and we're supporting the event
Charles Oliveira: It's a pleasure to be fighting Frankie Edgar. I was very happy when I found out I had this fight.
Roger Gracie: The Gracie family has such a history in the UFC. Finally being a part of it is a special feeling for me. I'm hoping to keep up with the legacy.
Dana White: I have a lot of respect for the Gracie family. None of would be here if it wasn't for them. It's always special to when a Gracie is on the card.
Frankie Edgar: Hopefully a win will get the ball rolling.
Dana White: Even when Oscar De La Hoya used to fight, especially as a fighter keeps getting older, everyone keeps asking when will he show up and look 38? Many people respect Chris Weidman. When people talk about Chris the way he's been talked about, the oddsmakers have to listen.
Dana White: 12,400 tickets have sold. We've had a 4.2 million dollar gate.
Chris Weidman: John Danahar made things special. He works with GSP and everything was very structured day by day. It was specific towards Anderson Silva and I brought guys in for him, to emulate his style.
Anderson Silva: The boy had a hip problem. I was at my dentist and he said to meet this child. Our physical therapist worked with him and he's able to walk so he's healed.
Mark Munoz: I'm actually 192 right now. The weight cut is going to be awesome. I'm sweating right now. This cut has been amazing. The best cut I've ever had by far in any competition in wrestling and in mixed martial arts. I'm ready. He's definitely going to see the best version of me and I'm looking forward to seeing the best version of him as well.
Tim Boetsch: The only thing that matters is the outcome Saturday night. We both have a lot to prove. I'm looking to finish the fight early. I hope he's conditioned and ready to push the pace. Let's get things done. No issues at all. I'm ready.
Anderson Silva: I think it's just the happiness of being here and being able to do my job. I think old age is in everyone's head.
Anderson Silva: I think when you do something you're loving, the results can be expected like this. I'm so happy to represent my sport and be among so many idols. I'm so happy to do what I love to do.

Kemal
05-07-2013, 08:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4PWu3vJiuLA

breahule
06-07-2013, 01:54
the weigh- in is hier met een paar minuten:
http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-162-weigh-in

Naj85
06-07-2013, 02:41
Main Card (PPV, 10 p.m. ET)
Anderson Silva (184) vs. Chris Weidman (185)
Frankie Edgar (146) vs. Charles Oliveira (144)
Roger Gracie (186) vs. Tim Kennedy (186)
Tim Boetsch (186) vs. Mark Munoz (185)
Dennis Siver (145) vs. Cub Swanson (144)
Prelim Card
(FX, 8 p.m. ET)
Andrew Craig (186) vs. Chris Leben (186)
Norman Parke (156) vs. Kazuki Tokudome (155)
Gabriel Gonzaga (262) vs. Dave Herman (242)
Edson Barboza (155) vs. Rafaello Oliveira (155)
(Facebook, 7 p.m. ET)
Seth Baczynski (170) vs. Brian Melancon (170)
David Mitchell (171) vs. Mike Pierce (171)

Naj85
06-07-2013, 02:44
http://youtu.be/gazahQCtglg

Naj85
06-07-2013, 04:41
Watch the UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman weigh-ins streaming live right here on the UnderGround, courtesy of the UFC.
Friday, July 5
7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT
Mandalay Bay Events Center
Las Vegas, Nevada
Immediately post weigh in Chris Weidman got a little close for Silva's comfort, so The Spider locked lips with the All American, earning a visibly startled reaction. Or, as one UGer put it, "Silva just put his mind penis in Weidman's mind vagina."
However, the last time Silva is known to have kissed an opponent was in his MMA debut, and he lost.
So what does it all mean? A fun weigh in :-)

Catch the replay:
http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-162-weigh-in/embed?560&315
Watch Video

Kemal
06-07-2013, 08:40
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

Champ Anderson Silva (184) vs. Chris Weidman (185) - for middleweight title
Frankie Edgar (146) vs. Charles Oliveira (144)
Roger Gracie (186) vs. Tim Kennedy (186)
Tim Boetsch (186) vs. Mark Munoz (185)
Dennis Siver (145) vs. Cub Swanson (144)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)

Andrew Craig (186) vs. Chris Leben (186)
Norman Parke (156) vs. Kazuki Tokudome (155)
Gabriel Gonzaga (262) vs. Dave Herman (242)
Edson Barboza (155) vs. Rafaello Oliveira (155)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 7 p.m. ET)

Seth Baczynski (170) vs. Brian Melancon (170)
David Mitchell (171) vs. Mike Pierce (171)

jantje11
06-07-2013, 12:11
Weidman wordt de nieuwe champ. en mag ook tijd worden ook.

Turboknecht
06-07-2013, 12:36
Haha, Weidman wordt afgemaakt.

Klassikl
06-07-2013, 13:00
Weidman prima gozer hoor. Maar hij heeft een jaar niet gevochten. En in dat jaar is hij van in de toekomst een contender naar #1 contender gegaan en nu is hij het absolute antwoord op Silva en is de halve wereld ervan overtuigd dat hij wel ff de belt pakt. Hoe dichter tot dit gevecht hoe beter Weidman geworden is. Mijn vraag hoeveel beter kun je in een jaar niet knokken worden?!

War Silva!

mario the count
06-07-2013, 13:19
Weidman prima gozer hoor. Maar hij heeft een jaar niet gevochten. En in dat jaar is hij van in de toekomst een contender naar #1 contender gegaan en nu is hij het absolute antwoord op Silva en is de halve wereld ervan overtuigd dat hij wel ff de belt pakt. Hoe dichter tot dit gevecht hoe beter Weidman geworden is. Mijn vraag hoeveel beter kun je in een jaar niet knokken worden?!

War Silva!

+1 Silvaaaaaaaa. Zoiezo gun ik silva de titel tot dat hij stopt :D jammer dat het moeilijk timen is om te stoppen op je hoogtepunt, net voordat het bergafwaarts gaat.

The Company
06-07-2013, 13:34
War Weidman

Diz
06-07-2013, 14:01

:hugegrin:

:lol:

Son & Breugel!
06-07-2013, 17:27
UFC 162 : Preliminaries:

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/194381/1/watch-ufc-162-:-preliminaries.html (http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/194381/1/watch-ufc-162-:-preliminaries.html)

Son & Breugel!
06-07-2013, 17:28
UFC 162 Maincard:

http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/194380/1/watch-ufc-162-:-silva-vs-weidman.html (http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/194380/1/watch-ufc-162-:-silva-vs-weidman.html)

Son & Breugel!
06-07-2013, 17:29
Chat:

http://us4.chatzy.com/15327470040763 (http://us4.chatzy.com/15327470040763)

Son & Breugel!
06-07-2013, 17:30
via ufc.tv kan je de undercard ook bekijken in goede kwaliteit!! moet je een account aanmaken of inloggen met facebook!!!

redmanbjj
06-07-2013, 18:09
Ik hoop dat ze vanavond wel gaan vechten! :)

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/15982999/034_anderson_silva_vs_chris_weidman_gallery_post.0 _standard_500.0.jpg

Noahri
06-07-2013, 19:06
Om hoe laat begint UFC 162? En om hoe laat beginnen de hoofdpartijen? En is er ook een HD livestream?

Klassikl
06-07-2013, 19:22
Ik hoop dat ze vanavond wel gaan vechten! :)

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/15982999/034_anderson_silva_vs_chris_weidman_gallery_post.0 _standard_500.0.jpg

Toen ik deze op twitter zag ging ik echt helemaal kapot. Die smile van Dana ook erbij hehe.

Ik heb iig vrij genomen om deze partij te kunnen zien. Dus beter valt die niet tegen!

Turboknecht
06-07-2013, 20:35
Lippen op elkaar. Vanavond tanden op elkaar.

Wheelie
06-07-2013, 21:35
http://www.mmamania.com/2013/7/6/4498356/full-joe-rogan-q-a-video-online-ufc-162-fan-expo-las-vegas-mma

Haha die Joe Rogan in het begin ;)

king
06-07-2013, 21:42
http://www.mmamania.com/2013/7/6/4498356/full-joe-rogan-q-a-video-online-ufc-162-fan-expo-las-vegas-mma

Haha die Joe Rogan in het begin ;)

Die gast heeft altijd zo'n psychoblik in zijn ogen :)

Naj85
06-07-2013, 23:36
Rogan Rape Face :D
Legendarisch

Minotauro
07-07-2013, 01:42
Morgenochtend zijn jullie allemaal in schok. War Weidman!

citrusfruit
07-07-2013, 03:09

Gaat hem niet worden vriend.

woutjuh
07-07-2013, 03:31
LOL

Minotauro
07-07-2013, 03:58
KO 2de ronde Weidman

Turboknecht
07-07-2013, 05:06
Vergeet het maar.

Vincentino
07-07-2013, 05:47
Heeft iemand toevallig nog een andere stream kunnen vinden, want de geplaatste links doen het niet meer helaas :/ :)

tyson19
07-07-2013, 06:02
Heeft iemand toevallig nog een andere stream kunnen vinden, want de geplaatste links doen het niet meer helaas :/ :)

http://www.viponlinesports.eu/boxing/162309/1/ufc-162-:-anderson-silva-vs-chris-weidman-middleweight-title-live-stream-online.html

Vincentino
07-07-2013, 06:08
thanks hier nog een : http://www.rojadirecta.me/goto/jcsports31.blogspot.com

Vincentino
07-07-2013, 06:11
die doet het nu al niet trouwens...maar die eerste link doet het weer wel!

Vincentino
07-07-2013, 06:12
deze: http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/194380/1/watch-ufc-162-:-silva-vs-weidman.html

BC1983
07-07-2013, 07:43
Wat een schande

K-1sunstarr
07-07-2013, 07:44
Zonde zonde.:fp:

T15Boxing
07-07-2013, 07:53
wat een tragische einde.

jantje11
07-07-2013, 07:54
Originally Posted by jantje11

:hugegrin:

:lol:

Wie lacht er nu. Neem toch is een keer iets van me aan. Hahaha

Son & Breugel!
07-07-2013, 08:53
Misschien spoiler in de titel zetten voor de mensen die nog niks willen weten!!!

onne1983
07-07-2013, 09:02
Misschien spoiler in de titel zetten voor de mensen die nog niks willen weten!!!

Je hebt ergens gelijk.... maaar.... waarom ga je na afloop van de partij zelf een topic in over dat gevecht?

Leventdepevent
07-07-2013, 09:12
wat een tragische einde.x2 nou zeg

cornelus
07-07-2013, 10:09
:blush: .. Hier is een video:
http://www.mmafights.co.vu/2013/07/anderson-silva-vs-chris-weidman-fight.html

Jeru
07-07-2013, 10:30
Ongelooflijk... wat een eikel. Als je zo goed bent mag je ook wel wat meer respect tonen voor je tegenstander. Eigen schuld.

Diz
07-07-2013, 11:06
Originally Posted by jantje11

Wie lacht er nu. Neem toch is een keer iets van me aan. Hahaha

Eerlijk is eerlijk! En dan ook nog op KO! Pffffff....

Kan je geen reps meer geven maar die hou je tegoed! ;)

mmacentral
07-07-2013, 11:18
Sodeju wat zonde zeg. Anderson deed een Overeempje terwijl hij mijns inziens net de controle over de wedstrijd begon te pakken. Jammer, ik vind het idee van een 'invincible champ' stukken aantrekkelijker dan een belt die om de haverklap van hand wisselt (niet dat dat nu gaat gebeuren maar toch).

Maar het is wel gerechtigheid als je zo loopt te clownen. Hij liet te veel kansen liggen, ook in de eerste ronde waar hij tig knieen uit kon delen in de clinch bijvoorbeeld. Mijns inziens had The Spider deze gewoon kunnen winnen als hij serieuzer was geweest en Weidman respecteerde. Ook al controleerde Weidman de eerste helft van de eerste ronde.

Good for him maar ik denk niet dat we snel nog zo'n champ als Anderson gaan krijgen. Misschien opent dit wel kansen nu voor high profile superfights (GSP, JJ etc) maar de "shine" is daar nu ook een beetje vanaf, net als bij Chuck tegen Wanderlei destijds.

LeeMurray
07-07-2013, 12:45
Wie had dit nou verwacht? Ergens is dit toch wel gerechtigheid. Als je jezelf zo veel beter vindt dat je je tegenstander moet clownen, moet je het gevecht afmaken foor hem KO te slaan of te submitten. Het moest een keer fout gaan. Respect voor de GOAT maar gerechtigheid. Proficiat Chris Weidman!

Minotauro
07-07-2013, 12:47
KO 2de ronde WeidmanHAHAHAHAAH WIE ZEIDEN ER GISTER ALLEMAAL WAT???

Minotauro
07-07-2013, 12:47
Wie had dit nou verwacht? Ergens is dit toch wel gerechtigheid. Als je jezelf zo veel beter vindt dat je je tegenstander moet clownen, moet je het gevecht afmaken foor hem KO te slaan of te submitten. Het moest een keer fout gaan. Respect voor de GOAT maar gerechtigheid. Proficiat Chris Weidman!
IK!

jantje11
07-07-2013, 12:48

Kan je geen reps meer geven maar die hou je tegoed! ;)

Haha thnx

Minotauro
07-07-2013, 13:05
bijna 500 euro gewonnen dames. Waar is Appelsap? Onze topvoorspeller??

Minotauro
07-07-2013, 13:21

Kan je geen reps meer geven maar die hou je tegoed! ;) Bijna net zo specifiek als mijn voorspelling, haters

onne1983
07-07-2013, 16:23
Leuk dat je eens een voorspelling goed hebt. Maar om dat zo in te wrijven maakt je wel de zieligerd van de dag.

appelsap
07-07-2013, 16:51
bijna 500 euro gewonnen dames. Waar is Appelsap? Onze topvoorspeller??

Die heeft slechts 20 USD gewonnen omdat hij deze partij moeilijk/niet te voorspellen vond, maar Weidman had gekozen omdat hij van een van mijn vaste wedmaatjes moest kiezen.
Maar als je weer zo overtuigd bent tijdens de rematch dan kies ik gaarne Silva voor die partij.

Maar gefeliciteerd in ieder geval met je 500 euro. Ze zijn je van harte gegund.

Minotauro
07-07-2013, 17:02
Dankjewel Appelsapje

Damian_Gray
07-07-2013, 17:42
anderson was zo te zien al vanaf begin er klaar mee :(

Minotauro
07-07-2013, 23:15
KO 2de ronde Weidman

Tykill
08-07-2013, 00:19
Ik had al die tijd al een beetje een raar gevoel bij dit gevecht. In iedere geval niet het gevoel van Anderson pakt deze met 2 vingers in de neus zoals altijd. Toen het gevecht begon en helemaal na de eerste ronde, toen hij heel gek bleef uitdagen i.p.v. rust pakken in zijn "hoek". Dacht ik al, dit wordt hem niet. Dat deed hij bij andere gevechten geloof ik nooit.

Heer raar na dat interview ook... Je vraagt je echt af wat hij werkelijk denkt. Wil hij wel een rematch of niet? (volgens Dana wil hij niets anders). Ik denk namelijk wel dat hij expres het liet liggen en er een beetje klaar mee was om de beste te zijn.

citrusfruit
08-07-2013, 00:34
Ik had al die tijd al een beetje een raar gevoel bij dit gevecht. In iedere geval niet het gevoel van Anderson pakt deze met 2 vingers in de neus zoals altijd. Toen het gevecht begon en helemaal na de eerste ronde, toen hij heel gek bleef uitdagen i.p.v. rust pakken in zijn "hoek". Dacht ik al, dit wordt hem niet. Dat deed hij bij andere gevechten geloof ik nooit.

Heer raar na dat interview ook... Je vraagt je echt af wat hij werkelijk denkt. Wil hij wel een rematch of niet? (volgens Dana wil hij niets anders). Ik denk namelijk wel dat hij expres het liet liggen en er een beetje klaar mee was om de beste te zijn.

We zullen te zijner tijd wel merken welk indianenverhaal waar is. Persoonlijk denk ik dat hij gewoon slordig is geweest.

appelsap
08-07-2013, 00:39
Een kinderhand is gauw gevuld.

Nogmaals gefeliciteerd met je voorspelling.

Rematch tijdens de nieuwjaarsshow hoop ik. Dan praten we weer verder.

Tykill
08-07-2013, 09:15
We zullen te zijner tijd wel merken welk indianenverhaal waar is. Persoonlijk denk ik dat hij gewoon slordig is geweest.

Tja, ik vind het een moeilijk mannetje om te pijlen. Geen idee wat er in zijn hoofd om gaat.

Naj85
09-07-2013, 01:38
The UFC generally holds its largest show of the year around New Years eve, which this year would be UFC 168 (http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.search&phrase=UFC%20168) on Dec 28.
A major rematch, Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate at the conclusion of TUF 18 had been targeted for the show, but now the most anticipated rematch in the sport's history may be in the offing.
Lance Pugmire of the LA Times tweeted the news.
Lance Pugmire @latimespugmire (https://twitter.com/latimespugmire)
@danawhite just told me he's so amped about @SpiderAnderson @ChrisWeidmanUFC rematch, he's thinking of moving it to Dec. 28. #UFC
Immediately after the fight Anderson Silva (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/242FF47B616AC3E5/Anderson-Silva/) showed little interest in discussing a rematch, but that is not expected to last.
If the Weidman vs. Silva rematch takes place at UFC 168, the Rousey vs. Tate rematch would likely be moved to the Super Bowl weekend show on Feb 1 in New Jersey.

Naj85
09-07-2013, 01:40
Chris Weidman discusses winning UFC title, Anderson Silva's mental warfare, and likely rematch
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/16106897/102_chris_weidman_vs_anderson_silva.0_standard_709 .0.jpg

Chris Weidman (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/128569/chris-weidman) woke up in his suite at the MGM Grand at 5 am on Sunday. Flush with excitement about what he'd done just a few hours before, he woke up his children sleeping nearby to tell them what he'd promised them for months: that daddy was the champion. The impromptu celebration was quickly halted by his wife so the kids could return to bed, and with that, the first sign came that life was returning to normal.

For Weidman, that means back to work. Every professional athlete wants to win the championship. It is often a lifelong goal, but no one tells you that when you do, the pressure to hold onto it is exponentially greater than that of the chase. It's one thing to scale a mountain; it's another to live at the peak.

Weidman is already feeling this. On a Monday interview on The MMA Hour, (http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/8/4502284/the-mma-hour-with-vitor-belfort-matt-serra-ed-soares-ray-longo-cris) he said his mind has already shifted into the future, and "stressing" about his next fight. In a way, it's something he brought on himself. From the get-go, he said he would beat Anderson Silva (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/122568/anderson-silva) at UFC 162 (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fight-card/127275/ufc-162-silva-vs-weidman) and then offer him an immediate rematch, so intent he was on proving he was the better man.

The pairing might indeed be necessary to destroy the doubts of many who have diminished Weidman's win because of Silva's performance, which featured copious amounts of bobbing, weaving and taunting. In the short time since the bout, there have been various suggestions that Silva did not try, did not care, or even that he laid down for the challenger. To suggest a man with a perfect 16-fight octagon win streak and a history of this in-cage behavior was either purposely lethargic or willfully criminal seems outrageous, but nevertheless, the buzz has persisted.

"I’m not here to change other people’s opinion but I’ll tell you one thing: he did not give me the belt, he did not throw the fight," Weidman said. "It was nothing like that. He was doing exactly what he does in all his fights. He had his hands down, he was trying to mentally defeat me, make me freeze, make me feel like I didn’t deserve to be in the ring with him. I didn't want to let him do that. I wanted to put him in his place, and that's it."

Ironically, Weidman indirectly acknowledged that Silva's tactics did affect him, saying he did feel disrespected as the fight went on and the former champion persisted, and even though he knew there was a very specific reason Silva was doing it.

A close observation of the moments after the fight also confirmed it, with Weidman saying Silva was a "disrespectful piece of s---" seconds after he scored the knockout. The new champion confirmed he was fired up in the heat of the moment, at one point mockingly asking Silva if he wanted help up from the mat, but said he calmed down soon after and that he still holds a huge amount of respect for the Brazilian legend.

"That was the first time I ever got emotional in a fight," he said. "I wanted this fight so bad. I knew I had the tools to do it, it was just a matter of going out and doing it. Not letting him fight his fight, just fighting my fight which is don't care what he's doing. Just keep moving, I'm going to punch him in face, and look for takedowns. I did everything I said I was going to do."

Weidman said he felt he was winning the whole way, from his early takedown and ground work -- he said he saw Silva's "eyes roll back" on one ground strike -- to his standup.

Later, when they returned to their feet and Silva started goading and talking to him, the Brazilian told him, "Don't wrestle, they want to see a standup fight."

"I felt in control," Weidman said. "He was doing all that stuff, but in my mind, I'm just laughing. I’m like, 'Bro, I’m winning the fight. I’m punching you right now and you're standing there with your hands on your hips. You can do that all day if you want.' It got to the point where I figured, I’m going to get in this guy's face, and put my hands on him, and that's what I did."

It happened in the second, as Weidman continued to move forward with combinations. It was the fourth punch of a series -- a left hook -- that sent Silva crashing back and towards the end of his lengthy reign.

Even to Weidman, that split-second was surreal.

"When I was punching him once he fell to the ground, I was like, 'Holy crap, this is happening. Oh my God,'" he said.

While Silva has said he isn't interested in a rematch, Weidman believes that was just an emotional reaction to an unexpected moment, and that the fight will happen. In fact, he wants it, and the Feb. 2014 timeline is right in line with his thinking, since he said he has a few health issues he'd like to address first.

Weidman said that even in victory, he does not feel like he put on his best performance, citing a "sluggish" feeling possibly due to his one year off, as well as some mistakes in his submission game that he felt could have ended the fight even earlier. But he also has no regrets. He went for victory at every turn and never let the great Silva break him.

And if they do build a sequel, the new champion says his thoughts about Silva next time around will not change a bit.

"I think he’s still unbelievable, I think he's still the greatest of all time, and I think I’d still beat him again," he said.

Naj85
09-07-2013, 01:44
This morning executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Keith Kizer, e-mailed members of the media the complete salary information for UFC 162 (http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.search&phrase=UFC%20162).
Main PPV Bouts
-Anderson Silva (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/242FF47B616AC3E5/Anderson-Silva/): $600,000 ($600,000 to show, $200,000 to win)
-Chris Weidman (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/6046CA690B4049B6/Chris-Weidman/): $48,000 ($24,000 to show, $24,000 to win)
-Charles Oliveira: $21,000 ($21,000 to show, $21,000 to win)
-Frankie Edgar: $240,000 ($120,000 to show, $120,000 to win)
-Roger Gracie: $50,000 ($50,000 to show, $50,000 to win)
-Tim Kennedy: $90,000 ($60,000 to show, $30,000 to win)
-Denis Siver: $33,000 ($33,000 to show, $33,000 to win)
-Cub Swanson: $58,000 ($29,000 to show, $29,000 to win)
Preliminary Bouts
-Andrew Craig: $24,000 ($12,000 to show, $12,000 to win)
-Chris Leben: $51,000 ($51,000 to show, $51,000 to win)
-Kazuki Tokudome: $8,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 to win)
-Norman Parke: $30,000 ($15,000 to show, $15,000 to win)
-Dave Herman $23,000 ($23,000 to show, $23,000 to win)
-Gabriel Gonzaga: $58,000 ($29,000 to show, $29,000 to win)
-Rafello Oliveira: $14,000 ($14,000 to show, $14,000 to win)
-Edson Barboza: $46,000 ($23,000 to show, $23,000 to win)
-Brian Melancon: $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 to win)
-Seth Baczynski: $16,000 ($16,000 to show, $16,000 to win)
-David Mitchell: $10,000 ($10,000 to show, $10,000 to win)
-Mike Pierce: $56,000 ($28,000 to show, $28,000 to win)
Note that the above figures do not include any bonuses given as performance based bonuses or back room bonuses that are rumored to be given to some athletes.
Chris Weidman (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/6046CA690B4049B6/Chris-Weidman/) earned an additional $50,000 for the knockout of the night bonuses and four athletes received an additional $50,000 for being involved in two 'fight of the night' bouts: Charles Oliveira, Frankie Edgar, Cub Swanson, & Denis Siver.

Naj85
09-07-2013, 02:30
If you can read lips check out this clip of Weidman moments after KO’ing the former champ last weekend.
According to several people, it appears as if the new champ says, “That disrespectful piece of sh!t.”
Is he justified in his comments if that is indeed what he said, or is that a low blow that makes him come off as two-faced?
- See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/video-did-nice-guy-chris-weidman-call-silva-a-piece-of-sht-moments-after-victory/#sthash.suRruERc.dpuf

http://www.bjpenn.com/video-did-nice-guy-chris-weidman-call-silva-a-piece-of-sht-moments-after-victory/

Turboknecht
09-07-2013, 11:59
Grootste partij van je leven --> veel adrenaline --> tegenstander die zich als clown gedraagt --> overwinning --> uitspraak.

Justified.

Silat
09-07-2013, 12:28
http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/10/54lj.jpg

S.B.
09-07-2013, 13:10
Toch bijzonder dat Weidman in de belangrijkste partij van zijn leven, waar hij bijna een jaar aan kwijt is geweest niet meer van de UFC ontvangt dan een iets boven modaal inkomen...

Turboknecht
09-07-2013, 13:27
Toch bijzonder dat Weidman in de belangrijkste partij van zijn leven, waar hij bijna een jaar aan kwijt is geweest niet meer van de UFC ontvangt dan een iets boven modaal inkomen...

Tja, dat heb je met contracten, beide partijen houden zich daaraan. Daarnaast ontvangt hij veel meer dan alleen dat uit andere inkomsten daarnaast. Erg representatief voor zijn gehele inkomen is dat enkele cijfertje niet.

e-type
09-07-2013, 13:28
:thup: Ik moet ook altijd m'n riem afdoen als ik op de luchthaven door de metaaldetector ga. Maar Weidman brengt dat tot een nieuw level.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOr5a8ICMAE_oTi.jpg:large

K-1sunstarr
09-07-2013, 13:52
UFC 162 Medical Suspensions Report: Silva gets 45-day medical suspension
http://www.bjpenn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Anderson-Silva-New-Site1.jpg

In the aftermath of UFC 162, it was announced Monday that Anderson Silva will receive a 45-day medical suspension.
The suspension ends on Aug. 21, according to the Nevada state athletic commission, which released the information to the media.
Silva’s 16-fight UFC win streak and 10 title defenses came to a crashing halt at the hands of Chris Wideman with a second round KO.
Kazuki Tokudume was given the longest suspension with a right orbital blowout fracture cleared by a doctor or ophthalmologist, or stay out of the cage until Jan. 3, 2014.
Dennis Siver was roughed up in his TKO loss to Cub Swanson. He will be out of action until early October.
The entire list of suspensions is as follows:
Anderson Silva – suspended until 8/21; no contact until 8/6
Charles Oliveira – suspended until 8/6; no contact until 7/28
Tim Boetsch – suspended until 8/6; no contact until 7/28
Dennis Siver – suspended until 10/5; no contact until 9/5
Kazuki Tokudome – must have right orbital blowout fracture cleared by an ENT or ophthalmologist or no contact until 1/3/14; minimum no contest until 8/21; no contact until 8/6
Dave Herman – suspended until 8/21; no contact until 8/6
Rafaello Oliveira – suspended until 8/21; no contact until 8/6 for left knee pain
Seth Baczynski – suspended until 8/6; no contact until 7/28 for right eyebrow and nose lacerations
David Mitchell – must have post-concussion clearance from a sports medicine doctor; minimum suspension no contest until 10/5; no contact until 9/5

Read more at http://www.bjpenn.com/ufc-162-medical-suspensions-report-silva-gets-45-day-medical-suspension/#qSuzbxFFBO5rewrg.99

cornelus
09-07-2013, 14:11
Grootste partij van je leven --> veel adrenaline --> tegenstander die zich als clown gedraagt --> overwinning --> uitspraak.

Justified.

zoveelste contender voor je neus... *zucht* ... kom man doe wat, word hier moe van... break deze spell.. ja zo man .. boem boem... meer .. meer .. meer.. auuw.. hebbes ---- hehe

Turboknecht
09-07-2013, 14:27
Vraag me wel af, gaan ze die Dave Herman nou eindelijk eens een keertje cutten?

Minotauro
10-07-2013, 00:48

KO 2de ronde Weidman

my2cents
10-07-2013, 01:05
Geloof mij nou maar, als Spider serieus voor een rematch trained pakt hij hem redelijk eenvoudig volgende keer. Ik vond Weidmann er juit redelijk slecht uitzien in R2...Hij wist niet goed wat hij moest doen... Spider liep er gewoon tegenaan en dat kan nou eenmaal gebeuren als je je als een debiel tegenover je tegenstander gedraagt. Simple as that.

80% dat Spider een rematch wint, mits hij serieus traint en niet raar doet in de ring

Naj85
10-07-2013, 02:49
Idd vraag me dat ook af
denk het wel

DAWK1D
10-07-2013, 12:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KDWJEWVhANg

Weet niet of dit filmpje al eens is gepost.. maar hier is al duidelijk te zien dat hij wou dat Weidman ging winnen of in ieder geval kan het hem weinig uitmaken en laat het hem nog koud, nog warm. Anderson Silva is zo gezegd ''tired'' en zijn main focus ligt op een bokspartij met Roy Jones Jr. Kijk vooral de laatste paar seconden van het filmpje.. je zou bijna denken dat het een fixed fight was.

deco'o
10-07-2013, 14:14
Ik wil Vitor 'old T-rex' Belfort voor titel zien vechten, dat moet dan waarschijnlijk wel in Brazilië plaatsvinden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzOV7eQxKc8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUvs4AWVOdkjOWvbDY3Esj3g

Pahlavan
10-07-2013, 20:46
Anderson Silva wants to fight Chris Weidman again after all, and he wants the rematch to happen sooner rather than later.

According to sources very close to the former UFC middleweight champion, Silva changed his tune about not fighting Weidman again just hours after he was knocked out by Weidman at UFC 162 on Saturday night in Las Vegas. The sources said they have never seen Silva so motivated to fight someone, and that a little over 24 hours after the loss Silva was jokingly wishing the rematch could happen this week. That's how badly he wants to avenge his loss to Weidman.

The sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the rematch has yet to be announced by the UFC, said Silva's preference would be to fight Weidman again this year, not in February, as has been discussed by UFC president Dana White.

White told the Los Angeles Times earlier this week that he was contemplating bumping the Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate fight from Dec. 28 to Feb. 1 because he didn't want Weidman vs. Silva 2 to be in the shadows of the Super Bowl, which takes place Feb. 2 in New Jersey. Weidman said on CBS Sports Radio on Wednesday that White and UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta told him earlier this week the fight would take place in either December or February. The new champion has already stated on numerous occasions that he wants to fight Silva again, too.

Immediately after UFC 162, Silva surprised the MMA world when he said he had no interest in fighting Weidman again for the belt, however, White correctly predicted Silva would change his tune.

Now the only question remains is when and where potentially the biggest fight in UFC history will take place.

Naj85
10-07-2013, 22:35
Speaking with Joe Rogan immediately following his loss to Chris Weidman (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/6046CA690B4049B6/Chris-Weidman/), Anderson Silva (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/242FF47B616AC3E5/Anderson-Silva/) was adamant that he didn't want a rematch and didn't want to fight for the title anymore. However a report today is that Silva has already changed his mind and is hoping to fight Chris Weidman (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/6046CA690B4049B6/Chris-Weidman/) again in February for the UFC's big Super Bowl weekend card:

According to Lauro Jardim (@radaronline), from @Veja, sources close to Anderson Silva (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/242FF47B616AC3E5/Anderson-Silva/) revealed he wants a rematch with Weidman on Feb. 2014
read official Twitter... (https://twitter.com/guicruzzz/status/354682306599985152)
Now the usual disclaimer. Guillerme Cruz is a respected in journalist in Brazil, however Twitter isn't always the most accurate source of information. However, most fans and members of the media believe that is likley that after thinking it over Silva would want a rematch to avenge the worse loss of his career.

Naj85
10-07-2013, 22:36
Although Anderson Silva (http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/f/242FF47B616AC3E5/Anderson-Silva/) was adamant in post-fight interview that he was uninterested in a rematch with Chris Weidman (http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.search&phrase=Chris%20Weidman), that didn't stop odds makers in setting a line for a potential rematch:

Two separate lines saw it that way. Sportsbook.com made Silva a -175 favorite (he's already been bet up to -185), while 5Dimes.eu listed the Brazilian at -140.
Weidman is a +155 and +100 underdog on the sites, respectively.
Those numbers are among the closest odds in Silva's UFC career; when he fought Dan Henderson in 2008, he closed at -140.
read entire article... (http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/9/4508420/anderson-silva-opens-as-slight-favorite-in-potential-rematch-with)
Despite Silva's initial comments about not wanting a rematch, a report is already surfacing from Brazil that he has changed his mind and is hoping to fight Weidman in February, 2014.

mmacentral
10-07-2013, 23:35
Mooi zo, hij gaat dus in ieder geval nog een keer tegen hem knokken. Nu normaal doen en de fans gewoon een echt gevecht geven, focused als hij was tegen Leben en Franklin bijvoorbeeld. Laat maar komen!

deco'o
11-07-2013, 00:25
Is het trouwens iemand al opgevallen dat Minotauro het helemaal bij het rechte eind had?

cornelus
11-07-2013, 01:23
Minotauro is opgestegen naar een geheel nieuw level. Er hang een aura van mysterie om die man :) reps

mario the count
11-07-2013, 14:59
:lol: Die man krijgt zijn eigen religie. Je hebt straks christenen, moslims en minotaurs.

redmanbjj
11-07-2013, 16:29
http://mmashare.mmavista.com/serious-mma-discussion-f1/usd1m-bet-on-weidman-under-investigation-t67287.html
$1m bet on Weidman under Investigation
Conspiracy theories that say that the fight between Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman had a suspicious result may have won an argument on Monday. According to the website "Middle Easy", a bet worth $ 1 million (about U.S. $ 2.2 million) in the victory of Chris Weidman against Anderson Silva in the main event of UFC 162 was being investigated by police and Gaming Control Board, the body that regulates gambling in casinos in the city. The gambler's identity has not been revealed, but the high value aroused suspicions of the authorities, not being an amount common in MMA fights, even throughout major events and major American casinos. The premium to be paid would be $ 3.2 million - about £ 7 million.
The favorite on the betting exchanges was Anderson Silva, who had never lost in 16 fights in the UFC, and held many records of the event. Already Weidman, even paying only 3.2 times more than the champion for every dollar wagered, was unbeaten in his career, having won all nine fights as a professional had done.
For determination of Justice, the research runs a secret court, and the details can not be disclosed publicly.

Wheelie
11-07-2013, 17:34
(Rumors in Brazil) Minotauro Nogueira On Anderson Silva’s Loss: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.” July 11, 2013 • Posted by Gile (http://www.bjjee.com/author/gile/) in BJJ News (http://www.bjjee.com/category/bjj-news/) • • 8 comments (http://www.bjjee.com/bjj-news/rumors-in-brazil-minotauro-nogueira-on-anderson-silvas-loss-if-people-knew-what-really-happened-in-the-defeat-of-anderson-they-would-be-disgusted/#comments) http://www.bjjee.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/mino-668x375.jpg
Some Brazilian Media are all over the rumors that Anderson Silva threw the fight against Chris Weidman. They are just rumors and should be treated as such. Here is a translation of what some Brazilian sources are saying. However we cannot find an official statement of Minotauro saying that in English or in Portuguese. This goes however in the same direction as the recent statement from mmafighting.com that Anderson Silva wants to rematch Chris Weidman again after all and wants the fight to happen soon as possible and this for a million dollar paycheck.
Source: UFC Bahia (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=477765028972024&set=a.418862354862292.96342.418613081553886&type=1&theater):
“Minotauro has declared the following statement: “If people knew what really happened in the defeat of Anderson, they would be disgusted.”
All Brazilians were shocked and saddened by Anderson having lost the belt in Vegas. But they don’t need to be. What is discussed below is the news firsthand being investigated by radio and newspapers throughout Brazil and some foreigners, specifically Wall Street Journal and Sports Gazette and the media should be released soon, and the evidence will confirm the facts.
Rumor: Anderson Silva SOLD the UFC belt. The fighter’s staff was advised, at 1:00pm on July 6 (Fight Day), at a meeting involving Dana White, Pedro Rizzo and Mr. Lorenzo Fertitta. At first they were very upset, and Anderson refused to sell the belt.
The acceptance came through the full payment of premiums, US$70K for each member of staff, plus a bonus of U.S$400K for the whole team, a total of US$23 million by Nike. Still, Anderson refused to participate.
Their situation was only resolved after the representative of Nike threatening to withdraw its lifelong sponsorship of the fighter, valued at more than US$90 million throughout his career. Thus, it was agreed that Anderson would be defeated by points, but the apathy that befell the fighter made Chris Weidman, who absolutely did not participate in this negotiation, TKO Anderson.
Dana White applauded the team collaboration of Silva, since the change of belt has brought balance to the category.”

Wheelie
11-07-2013, 17:35
conspiracy theory

The Company
11-07-2013, 17:39
Brazilianen met hun excuses altijd:twak:

Naj85
11-07-2013, 18:11
lol
wat een bullshit

Niek-S
11-07-2013, 18:18
Komt het er nou op neer dat de partij gekocht zou zijn? sinds ik dat soort dingen hoor kijk je soms al van te voren anders naar een partij en dat vind ik jammer. Ik heb het ook wel eens gehoord over Silva-Sonnen II en. sonnen die dat altijd over Pride zegt. Zou het kunnen, ik ga er toch niet vanuit dat er mma partijen gekocht worden?

cornelus
11-07-2013, 19:42
Echt, als het waar zou zijn sta ik er niets eens raar van te kijken. It makes perfect sense. It's all about the money

Minotauro
11-07-2013, 21:01
Minotauro is opgestegen naar een geheel nieuw level. Er hang een aura van mysterie om die man :) reps

Als je geld wil maken, inbox me dan. Bedankt voor de reps. Mario is jaloers, die heeft zijn volledige loon op Silva ingezet. Onder het motto: "zekerheidje".

Pahlavan
11-07-2013, 21:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYmhFwUPna0

mario the count
11-07-2013, 21:51
Als je geld wil maken, inbox me dan. Bedankt voor de reps. Mario is jaloers, die heeft zijn volledige loon op Silva ingezet. Onder het motto: "zekerheidje".Die paar stuivers jat ik wel weer terug uit de wensput van de efteling.

The Company
11-07-2013, 22:53
Echt, als het waar zou zijn sta ik er niets eens raar van te kijken. It makes perfect sense. It's all about the money

Het maakt totaal geen sense. Mocht het uitkomen dat Zuffa gevechten fixed raakt het alles kwijt wat het in 12 jaar heeft op gebouwd. De UFC is al jaren een winstgevend bedrijf en de winst is nog lang niet uitgegroeid. Denk je echt dat de UFC alles op het spel zet zodat ze Weidman vs Silva II kunnen promoten terwijl Silva vs Belfort II waarschijnlijk net zo veel opbrengt.

Silva fanboys kunnen nog steeds niet geloven dat Silva verloren heeft en daardoor krijg je dit soort onzin.

superstucie
11-07-2013, 23:07
nou idd zeg,dit is zijn derde loss in a row in de ufc...of was het nu vierde??? dana geilt zeker op die gozer..

Nosferatu187
11-07-2013, 23:19

dit, en zulke geruchte hoor je tegenwoordig steeds vaker.

fifi23
12-07-2013, 00:30
a total of US$23 million by Nike. Still, Anderson refused to participate.
Their situation was only resolved after the representative of Nike threatening to withdraw its lifelong sponsorship of the fighter, valued at more than US$90 million throughout his career Verdient Anderson dit echt??? DAMN!!!!!

Asura
12-07-2013, 00:47
Het maakt totaal geen sense. Mocht het uitkomen dat Zuffa gevechten fixed raakt het alles kwijt wat het in 12 jaar heeft op gebouwd. De UFC is al jaren een winstgevend bedrijf en de winst is nog lang niet uitgegroeid. Denk je echt dat de UFC alles op het spel zet zodat ze Weidman vs Silva II kunnen promoten terwijl Silva vs Belfort II waarschijnlijk net zo veel opbrengt.

Silva fanboys kunnen nog steeds niet geloven dat Silva verloren heeft en daardoor krijg je dit soort onzin.

Dit

rollermanskunk
12-07-2013, 03:07
Nevada Gaming Control Board shoots down rumored $1 million bet on Chris Weidman, investigation

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/16282025/001_anderson_silva_vs_chris_weidman.0_standard_709 .0.jpg

The end result of UFC 162's (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fight-card/127275/ufc-162-silva-vs-weidman) main event was so stunning, the internet exploded with bizarre theories and rumors soon afterward. From Anderson Silva (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/122568/anderson-silva)throwing the fight to the idea that he simply had no interest in winning, baseless speculation was abundant.

One rumor that gained steam came from the offbeat website MiddleEasy.com (http://middleeasy.com/index.php/fighting/item/11298-the-sunday-morning-rumor-mill), which posted an item saying that "someone allegedly bet $1 million on Chris Weidman (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/128569/chris-weidman)" in Las Vegas, and that the wager was being investigated.

That quickly gained steam. Brazil's influential Globo (http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate/noticia/2013/07/aposta-suspeita-de-us-1-milhao-em-chris-weidman-e-investigada-diz-site.html) wrote about it soon afterward, and several American sites (http://fansided.com/2013/07/11/1-million-bet-on-anderson-silva-vs-chris-weidman-being-investigated/) soon followed. The implication, given the unusually large wager, was that something was amiss. It got so bad that major sites felt compelled to offer reasons why Silva wouldn't throw the fight (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mma/news/20130709/ufc-162-not-fixed-anderson-silva-vs-chris-weidman/).

The thing is, there is zero proof of the bet's existence. In fact, the man who would have knowledge of such a thing had never even heard of the rumor, let alone the bet.

Nevada Gaming Control Board chief of enforcement Jerry Markling confirmed to MMA Fighting that his agency, which is tasked with criminal investigations related to gaming activities, is not looking into any $1 million wager related to UFC 162.

"While I cannot give you specific information about ongoing investigations, I can tell you that the Gaming Control Board is not investigating any dispute involving UFC 162 and a wager of that amount," he said. "In addition, we do not have any information of any book having accepted a wager of that size on that event."
One rumor debunked, but many others may continue to persist in some form. For those of us who refuse to wear tinfoil hats in the summertime, at least the possibility of a rematch has grown from doubtful to possible to probable in the days since the fight.

Bron: http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/11/4515486/nevada-gaming-control-board-shoots-down-rumored-1-million-bet-on

Minotauro
12-07-2013, 03:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYmhFwUPna0Die Nike pet boven dat nette pak valt wel op bij Anderson Silva

tyson19
12-07-2013, 03:36
Omkoperij komt zo beetje in alle sportevenementen voor, het was zo en het zal altijd zo zijn. Zo lang er flink gegokt wordt, zullen er ook zulke praktijken plaats vinden. De gokbazen moeten natuurlijk ook aan zijn centen komen en de criminelen moeten kunnen witwassen, etc.

De sportliefhebber is hier natuurlijk de grote dupe van. Maar goed, slikken of stoppen met kijken. Je kan trouwens nooit weten of een pot omgekocht is, niet voor 100%. Soms zijn er opvallende zaken, dat is echter geen zwart op wit bewijs.

Aan de andere kant heb ik wel zoiets van: als men miljoenen neerlegt voor een vechter die neer moet gaan, dan zal die vast ook zijn handen laag houden en gewoon k.o. gaan. Toneel of werkelijk lichten uit, maakt niet uit voor hen, cash is al binnen. Misschien dreigen ze zelfs de vechters, er zijn gasten die tientallen miljoenen gokken. In zulke gevallen doen mensen gekke dingen.

Feit is dat vechtsport hand in hand gaat met onderwereld.

Naj85
13-07-2013, 03:04
[Update: Dana White has denied December 28th as date of rematch. New reportijngs found in original story after the jump] [ORIGINAL HEADER]
Mark your calendars, folks! While my Portuguese is certainly not where it should be (by that, I mean I know 3 words), Google translate seems to do well at deciphering such a splendid language…and the one that appears to break the news that Silva/Weidman Rematch will take place December 28th…Told to them straight from the horse’s mouth. Full translated article after the jump!

http://tapnapsnap.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/130707011137-silva-weidman1-single-image-cut.jpg (http://tapnapsnap.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/130707011137-silva-weidman1-single-image-cut.jpg)
[AUTHORS UPDATE: MMAFighting's Ariel Helwani is reporting that Dana White has Denied this date for the fight, as is Anderson Silva. It is the OPINION of this author that this serves more as damage control so that they may announce it themselves, but I digress. The reality of the situation is that we are a brand that our fans trust to keep them informed and up to date. Opinion can have no influence on facts, and the facts as of right now read that the fight is NOT confirmed for December 28th. More as it develops, and we apologize to anyone who may be pissed. We just went with the news we were given from what we were/are confident was a valid source.

MMAWEEKLY Article. Original Article can be found below this one:
Dana White said that the Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva middleweight title rematch would be in one of four locations - Cowboys Stadium, New Jersey, Las Vegas or Brazil, according to MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani.
White is currently in Los Angeles trying to put the match together. White denied to MMAFighting.com a report stemming from an interview Silva did with the Brazilian version of GQ Magazine where he said he could confirm the rematch for Dec. 28.
The Dec. 28 date is the final UFC pay-per-view show of the year set for Las Vegas. The company had announced Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate for the women's bantamweight title as the main event for that show. Silva's camp has also denied the story of that date being confirmed.
White did list Las Vegas, which is booked for Dec. 28, as one of the possible locations for the match. He also mentioned New Jersey, which is booked on Feb. 1 for a pay-per-view date, as another location. Weidman was on ESPN broadcasts on Thursday and mentioned December or February as the potential date, but said that the match would happen.
White also talked about Cowboys Stadium in Dallas, as he had done in a New York Post interview earlier this week, as a possible location, as well as holding the show in Brazil.
Jerry Jones has been pushing for a UFC event at the stadium, but White had said that he didn't want to do it until the right fight came along.
White wouldn't list any of the places are the front runner because it depended on the timing of when both sides would agree to fight, and he wouldn't speculate on what the timing would be until he's talked to both sides

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
[ORIGINAL STORY]

Anderson Silva, our July cover, suffered the worst defeat of his career in the early hours of last weekend, losing the championship belt middleweight for the American Chris Weidman. The big name in MMA history, which had never been knocked out so far, has exclusivity for GQ how did it feel to lose, refutes the criticism that would have handed control and confirms the rematch scheduled: Dec. 28 .

GQ: What impact has the loss to Anderson Silva brand?

Anderson Silva: does not change much. After losing, have to get ready again and fight again. Incidentally, I confirm the rematch, which will be held on December 28 this year.
If you could go back to the beginning of the 2nd round of that fight, do something different?

I think I would focus more. Would make a reverse path, but would not change the tactic. I am confident that my game did just that did not work out. Game is game, you can win or lose.
What was the first feeling you had to realize that he had been knocked out?

weird feeling … In fact I still have it. Had never been knocked out in my career. I did not like.
As was to tell your kids about the defeat?

Heck, they were watching the fight and know their father. Know that it is our livelihood and our future. I went to work and came home with an unexpected ending. But, as they say themselves, for they will always be champion.
What you have to say about the speculation that the fight has been manipulated or that you would have facilitated the defeat?

This is crazy. I was four months focused on training. Team had people crying and everything. I am responsible. Never betray a fight. Never.
What did you think of the reaction of the Brazilian press? What about the statements made by other fighters in social networks?

In fact, I was upset. I’ve always been open to the press, I’m not celebrity, I’m an athlete. They could better understand what happened and move on to some news for the public. Knowing that one day athlete wins and the other loses. My son I’m crying because his friends call him the father of “playful” – because parents read it – it’s not cool. But like I said to him one day the king, on the other bastard. We have to move on.
What is the size of this loss to you? It’s just a difficult time in his career and is something that will make you change certain things in life?

The most important thing for me was to realize that people like me and want to see me always winning. But it was also important to reiterate that I am not invincible. Nobody is. Every lot has its bad days.

Source – http://gq.globo.com/Noticias/noticia/2013/07/anderson-silva-confirma-revanche-para-o-dia-28-de-dezembro.html