PDA

View Full Version : Bantamweight Erik Perez signs new six-fight deal with UFC

Kemal
12-03-2013, 07:53
Mexican bantamweight prospect Erik Perez (13-4 MMA, 3-0 UFC) has signed a new six-fight deal with the UFC.

Perez's management team at VFD Marketing today announced the new contract.

"I'm very proud to fight in the UFC," Perez stated. "My goal is to become a champion, and I will work extremely hard in the gym and inside the octagon to reach it."

A member of New Mexico's Team Jackson-Winkeljohn, Perez grew up in Mexico and has since relocated to Albuquerque in order to train full-time. He currently boasts an eight-fight win streak, a run that includes first-round UFC victories over Byron Bloodworth, Ken Stone and John Albert.

Perez fights next at UFC 159 against Johnny Bedford, a semifinalist on "The Ultimate Fighter 14" who has posted back-to-back knockout wins over Louis Gaudinot and Marcos Vinicius since his time on the show. Bedford now owns 15 stoppages in 19 career wins. The former NCAA Division I wrestler and Fitness Fight Factory team member is 8-1 over his past nine fights.

UFC 159 takes place April 27 at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. The main card, including a main event between light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen, airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.