PDA

View Full Version : UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen | Results **Spoiler**

Kemal
28-04-2013, 07:22
Champ Jon Jones def. Chael Sonnen via TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 4:33 - retains light-heavyweight titleMichael Bisping def. Alan Belcher via technical decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
Roy Nelson def. Cheick Kongo via knockout (punch) - Round 1, 2:03
Phil Davis def. Vinny Magalhaes via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
Pat Healy def. Jim Miller via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 3, 4:02
Rustam Khabilov def. Yancy Medeiros via TKO (thumb injury) - Round 1, 2:32
Ovince St. Preux def. Gian Villante via majority technical decision (30-28, 30-29, 29-29) - Round 3, 0:33
Sara McMann def. Sheila Gaff via TKO (strikes) - Round 1, 4:06
Bryan Caraway def. Johnny Bedford via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 3, 4:44
Cody McKenzie def. Leonard Garcia via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
Steven Siler def. Kurt Holobaugh via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Kemal
28-04-2013, 07:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcqCuZZDik4&feature=player_profilepage

Kemal
28-04-2013, 07:26
UFC 159 bonuses: Roy Nelson, Pat Healy and Jim Miller score $65,000 awards

Roy Nelson, Pat Healy and Jim Miller each earned $65,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday's "UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen" event.

UFC President Dana White announced the winners at the evening's post-event press conference.

Nelson scored the "Knockout of the Night" award while Healy and Miller were given the "Fight of the Night" bonus. Healy also took home the "Submission of the Night" honors.

UFC 159 took place Saturday night at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. The main card aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

"Big Country" Nelson left little doubt as to who would take home the evening's "Knockout of the Night" bonus after demolishing Cheick Kongo with a pair of crushing right hands. The fight started slowly as Nelson pushed into the clinch, but when they were separated by the referee, Nelson uncorked a pair of power shots that earned him the win and an extra paycheck.

Lightweights Healy and Miller opened the evening's pay-per-view card with a clear "Fight of the Night" performance that wowed the New Jersey crowd even with the hometown fighter losing. Miller appeared he might finish the fight in the opening round, but a gritty Healy came back over the final two rounds and looked to be in his way to a decision win before sneaking on to the back and sinking a fight-ending rear-naked joke. The gritty effort was enough to earn both men the evening's "Fight of the Night" bonus.

Healy also scored a "Submission of the Night" bonus, earning him a total of $130,000.

Kemal
28-04-2013, 07:28
Steven Siler edges Kurt Holobaugh in prelim thriller

Fans who didn't show up in time for UFC 159's first fight missed an entertaining scrap as Steven Siler topped Kurt Holobaugh in an early "Fight of the Night" candidate.

The featherweight bout opened the preliminary card of today's UFC 159 event at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. It streamed on Facebook ahead of additional prelims on FX and the pay-per-view main card.

The two set a torrid pace to open the fight while rifling off stiff low kicks and firing heavy leather up top. As they pushed into a Thai clinch, Siler drilled his opponent with several knees to the gut before wrapping the waist and slamming him to the mat. Holobaugh immediately rolled to escape, but Siler transitioned to the back, where he teed off with heavy punches while looking for an opportunity to sink in a choke.

As Holobaugh tried a rolling escape, Siler latched on to a deep rear-naked-choke attempt. With blood spewing from his mouth, Holobaugh somehow survived what looked to be a certain fight-ending hold and earned himself a second round.

Holobaugh tried to quickly reverse the momentum in the second round as he immediately dove into a guillotine choke. The move didn't work, but after a few entertaining transitions, Holobaugh worked to top position and unleashed several heavy ground-and-pound blows. It was then Siler's face that was bloodied as plasma streamed from his nose.

Siler scrambled to his feet with one minute remaining, and the two took turns teeing off before Holobaugh finished with one late takedown and a few odd punches to the leg before the bell sounded.

With the fight seemingly in the balance in the final frame, both fighters moved forward at the bell. Siler eventually moved back into the Thai clinch while working knees inside. Holobaugh worked the body with his hands. As the two continued to trade in the pocket, Holobaugh tried to move inside and look for a hip toss. Unfortunately for him, Siler countered perfectly and again secured the back as they fell to the canvas.

Siler tried again to lock in a choke from the dominant position, but a gutsy Holobaugh survived each attempt. Still, with Siler controlling the grappling in the latter half of the frame, he secured the win in an incredibly exciting fight. All three judges awarded him the contest with 29-28 scores.

After the fight, Siler revealed he found out earlier in the day that he's now a father-to-be.

"I found out I'm going to be a daddy today, so this is without a doubt the best day of my life," Siler said.

With the win, Siler (22-10 MMA, 4-1 UFC) improves to an impressive 4-1 in the octagon and rebounds from a November loss to Darren Elkins. Holobaugh (9-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC), a onetime Strikeforce vet, loses in his UFC debut but likely earned another look from the promotion.

"It was a great back-and-forth fight, and he has won three of his last four, so I know he deserves to be here," Holobaugh said. "I'm just trying to figure out where I fit in."

Kemal
28-04-2013, 07:28
Cody McKenzie cruises by Leonard Garcia

Cody McKenzie wasted no time getting Leonard Garcia to the mat in the opening seconds of their bout on Saturday night, and for the majority of the fight, that's exactly where they stayed.

McKenzie dominated Garcia with takedowns and superior grappling en route to a unanimous-decision victory (29-28, 30-27, 30-27).

The featherweight bout was part of the preliminary card of today's UFC 159 event at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. It streamed on Facebook ahead of additional prelims on FX and a main card on pay-per-view.

Garcia was fortunate to escape several close submission attempts in the first round as McKenzie took his back and went in search of various chokes in between onslaughts of punches. A triangle-choke attempt by McKenzie late in the round seemed like it might seal the deal, but the clock ran out before Garcia's consciousness did.

Garcia's best chance came in the third, when McKenzie consented to stand and strike after clearly winning the first two rounds on the ground. Even then, Garcia's wild haymakers weren't enough to put McKenzie in any real trouble, and "The Ultimate Fighter 12" cast member rode to a victory on the judges' scorecards.

Garcia (15-11-1 MMA, 2-7 UFC) has now lost five straight in the UFC, with his last victory coming in December of 2010 via a controversial split decision over Nam Phan. McKenzie (14-3 MMA, 3-3 UFC) bounces back into the win column after his first-round TKO loss to Chad Mendes at UFC 148.

The featherweight bout was part of the preliminary card of today's UFC 159 event at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. It streamed on Facebook ahead of additional prelims on FX and the pay-per-view main card.

Garcia (15-10-1 MMA, 2-6 UFC)*** McKenzie (13-3 MMA, 2-3 UFC)***

Kemal
28-04-2013, 07:29
Bryan Caraway taps Johnny Bedford in third

Stepping in for injured Erik Perez on just six days' notice, Bryan Caraway outworked and outgrappled fellow "The Ultimate Fighter 14" cast member Johnny Bedford en route to an impressive third-round submission win.

The bantamweight bout was part of the preliminary card of today's UFC 159 event at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. It aired on FX following additional prelims on Facebook and ahead of the pay-per-view main card.

After the pair traded punches to open the fight, Caraway deftly slipped to the back and simply dragged Bedford to the floor, where he secured both hooks and went to work with alternating choke attempts with both arms. After a few tense moments, Bedford scrambled to his feet and landed a few choice blows, but Caraway smiled and lasted until the bell.

With Caraway almost exclusively throwing his left hand to start the second, he opened a nasty cut over Bedford's right eye. A slick takedown earned him a dominant spot on the floor, and he controlled the positioning until the end of the round.

Down on the cards to open the third, Bedford turned up the aggression in the final frame, but Caraway used superior grappling to again work himself to top position and avoid a few submission attempts while dominating the action. With time winding down, Caraway declined to coast to a decision win and instead locked in a guillotine choke after transitioning quickly to mount and scoring a third-round tap-out with 16 seconds left in the fight.

After losing a disappointing decision to Takeya Mizugaki in March, Caraway (18-6 MMA, 3-1 UFC) rebounds and is now 4-1 in his past five fights. After the win, he said he thinks the win erases the sting of that defeat, as well as girlfriend Miesha Tate's loss to Cat Zingano earlier this month.

"I was focused on finishing the fight tonight because I'm so sick of bad decisions and stoppages," Caraway said. "I think I got a bad call against Mizugaki and Miesha got a horrible call in that stoppage two weeks ago. I wanted to erase those memories and put a smile on both our faces with a win tonight. I think I did that."

Bedford (19-10-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) sees a three-fight win streak snapped.

Kemal
28-04-2013, 07:30
Sara McMann dominates, submits Sheila Gaff

Sheila Gaff came out for the first round of her bout with Sara McMann as if she had never heard that McMann had a bit of wrestling experience under her belt.

That turned out to be a mistake, and one she paid for almost immediately as the Olympic wrestling silver medalist took down Gaff twice before achieving a mounted crucifix and raining down blows until referee Gasper Oliver stopped the bout at the 4:06 mark of Round 1.

The women's bantamweight bout was part of the preliminary card of today's UFC 159 event at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. It aired on FX following additional prelims on Facebook and ahead of a main card on pay-per-view.

After walking straight into a McMann takedown to start the fight, Gaff managed to survive that initial blunder by holding on and hoping for a referee standup. It didn’t take long, however, before McMann nabbed a single-leg takedown and used a Gaff sweep attempt to move into the crucifix. From there, Gaff was stuck. As McMann upped the pressure with strikes, it was only a matter of time before the referee was forced to intervene.

"I just kept telling myself all week that this was going to be like the kind of pressure I felt before a world championship, and I wrestled in like seven or eight world championships," McMann said after the win. "That helped me to deal with the nervousness and the size of the crowd and the television and everything."

McMann (7-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) maintained her undefeated record with the win in her UFC debut, which was just the third women's bout in UFC history. Gaff (10-5-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) dropped her first fight since a decision loss to Milana Dudieva in 2010.

Kemal
28-04-2013, 07:31
Ovince St. Preux pokes Gian Villante's eye, awarded win

A battle of Strikeforce veterans making their UFC debuts offered one of the oddest endings in recent memory as Ovince St. Preux earned a majority technical decision win over Gian Villante.

The light-heavyweight bout was part of the preliminary card of today's UFC 159 event at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. It aired on FX following additional prelims on Facebook and ahead of the pay-per-view main card.

The two UFC newcomers opened the fight at a moderate pace with Villante pressing forward and looking to work in the clinch. St. Preux avoided an early takedown by wrapping his arm over the top of the cage, and it worked to his advantage. For the remainder of the frame, St. Preux was a little crisper in exchanges and seemed to frustrate Villante by pushing him away from clinch positions.

Villante staggered St. Preux to open the second frame, but the pace slowed as both seemed to struggle to adjust to performing in the octagon. Villante seemed the fresher fighter as St. Preux often let his hands drift down toward his waist. Still, Villante was slow to attack and failed to capitalize on the openings.

With St. Preux opening the third with power punches, he laced out a right hand with his fingers clearly pushing into Villante's left eye. Referee Kevin Mulhall didn't appear to see the poke as Villante dropped to his knees. The ref quickly asked the fighter, "Can you see?" When Villante said he could not, Mulhall instantly waved off the fight in what proved to be a very unpopular decision. Villante quickly protested to no avail.

With the fight ending in the final round on an unintentional foul, the bout went to the scorecards, and St. Preux was awarded the decision with off scores of 30-28, 30-29 and 29-29.

"I definitely felt comfortable in there and I knew I was winning," St. Preux said. "I didn't feel like I poked him. I got poked too.

"Stuff happens, but I don't think they should've stopped the fight. I would've won the third round because I felt great and I was coming on stronger, but still it's unfortunate it had to end like that."

Despite the odd ending, St. Preux (13-5 MMA, 1-0 UFC) improves to 10-1 in his past 11 fights. Villante (10-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) sees a three-fight win streak snapped.

"I couldn't see," Villante said. "He did poke me in the eye, so I don't know. [Mulhall] said the fight was over, and I didn't expect that because I was just reacting to his question.

"I got poked and my eye was closed up, so I thought he would stop it, but he didn't; he just kind of looked at me."

Kemal
28-04-2013, 07:31
Rustam Khabilov tops Yancy Medeiros via thumb injury

Rustam Khabilov and Yancy Medeiros were off to a good start in the early moments of the first round, and then the injury bug struck, this time mid-fight.

While defending against a Khabilov takedown attempt, Medeiros appeared to injure his thumb in gruesome fashion, which forced referee Dan Miragliotta to call a stop to the bout at the 2:32 mark of Round 1 and give Khabilov the TKO victory.

The lightweight bout closed out the preliminary card of today's UFC 159 event at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. It aired on FX following additional prelims on Facebook and ahead of a main card on pay-per-view.

In a way, it was the second straight fight Khabilov ended with a suplex. But this time, instead of slamming his opponent on his head, he was thwarted in the attempt by Medeiros, who blocked the move but paid the price when he put his hand down to stop his fall. Replays showed that the thumb was clearly injured, and seconds after Medeiros alerted Miragliotta of the injury, the bout was waved off.

"There isn't much to say," Khabilov said. "Like I've said my business is to throw him down, and it's his business how he lands. Honestly, I walked out to the octagon to put on a good show. You saw what happened out there. I'm upset with the way it ended."

Khabilov (16-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC), who clutched his mangled thumb after the fight, gets his second straight victory inside the octagon, following up his slam KO win over Vinc Pichel this past December. Medeiros (9-1 MMA, 0-1 UFC) suffers his first career defeat due to the injury.

Kemal
28-04-2013, 07:32
Pat Healy outgrinds Jim Miller, earns submission win

Fighting in the UFC for the first time in seven years, Pat Healy went into enemy territory and outgrinded notable grinder Jim Miller en route to an impressive third-round submission win.

The lightweight bout opened the main card of today's UFC 159 event at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. It aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

While it was the bigger Healy who stepped forward and took the center of the cage to start, Miller was precise with several counter straights and a snapping inside leg kick that buckled his opponent's leg. A takedown came soon after, but the wily Healy immediately looked for submissions from his back. Equally adept on the floor, Miller defended each attempt and came dangerously close to locking in an armbar before they ultimately scrambled back to the feet. Healy bounced back with a pair of his own takedowns in the closing moments of the frame, but Miller swept to the top and unleashed a barrage of ground-and-pound blows that busted up his opponent's right eye.

Despite the damage he absorbed in the first, Healy turned the tide a bit in the second by scoring an early takedown and grinding away with punches from the top and latching in a rear-naked choke when Miller exposed his back. Miller somehow turned in and escaped, but Healy reestablished dominant position and busted up his opponent's face in a sweet moment of revenge.

Miller showed quick hands to open the third, and he defended an early takedown attempt while trying to take control of the momentum. Just when it seemed he was succeeding, a Healy straight and knee to the gut (or possibly just below) saw Miller slow. Healy capitalized by taking Miller to the floor and shoved him to his back. Miller tried desperately to crawl to his feet, but Healy kept him stuck to the mat and eventually worked to the back, where a rear-naked choke worked under the chin. Miller refused to tap, but the choke was in tight, and referee Herb Dean stepped in for the submission call when it appeared the New Jersey native went briefly unconscious.

"Dude I'm so pumped up," Healy told UFC broadcaster Joe Rogan after the win. "I've been waiting seven years to get interviewed by you, Joe Rogan.

"I've been through so much in my career, but there's one thing you can never question about me, and that's my heart. I'm going to keep coming until I can't walk – I've got to crawl out of here. So no matter what, I'm always going to be in the fight."

An eight-time Strikeforce veteran Healy (30-16 MMA, 1-1 UFC) now boasts a seven-fight win streak. Miller (22-5 MMA, 11-4 UFC), a perennial contender in the UFC's lightweight division, falls to 2-3 in his past five appearances.

Kemal
28-04-2013, 07:33
Phil Davis strikes way to win over Vinny Magalhaes

For three full rounds, Phil Davis used his rangy striking attack to pick apart Vinny Magalhaes on the feet, all while using his vaunted wrestling game purely to stay out of the jiu-jitsu champion's realm of expertise.

The result was a unanimous-decision victory (via 30-27, 30-27 and 29-28 scores) for the former NCAA Division I national wrestling champion Davis, whose jab proved to be a riddle that Magalhaes could not solve.

The light-heavyweight bout was part of the main card of today's UFC 159 event at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. It aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Davis briefly seemed to have Magalhaes in trouble after a head kick in the first round, but he was content to stay on the outside and batter Magalhaes from a distance. Afterward, Davis thanked Magalhaes for engaging him in a pre-fight back-and-forth that he said elevated his game leading up to the fight.

"I really wanted to go out there and make a statement to the fans that I'm in the top 10 and I'm not going anywhere," Davis said. "Tonight was about precision and risk management. I'm not going to shoot for takedowns that I can miss. I'd rather be precise with my techniques.

"I was playing it smart in there because Vinny is dangerous on the ground. My striking is coming along, but it's not quite there yet. To me I'm brand new in this sport, and I'm still young. I'm just going to keep practicing hard every day because that's what I love to do."

Davis (11-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) gets his second win in a row thanks to the clean sweep on the scorecards. Magalhaes (10-6 MMA, 1-3 UFC) suffers his first loss since 2010, and his first since his return to the UFC.

Kemal
28-04-2013, 07:34
Roy Nelson's right hand makes quick work of Cheick Kongo

With his scruffy beard and flowing locks, Roy Nelson may never look the part of an elite MMA fighter, but it's impossible to deny the man's punching power, as Cheick Kongo quickly discovered.

The heavyweight bout was part of the main card of today's UFC 159 event at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. It aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

As the fight opened, Nelson pushed forward quickly into the clinch, where it looked like he wanted to work against the fence. But referee Kevin Mulhall quickly called an end to that strategy by breaking apart the fighters as they looked to establish position.

It worked out in Nelson's favor.

As Kongo kept his back to the cage, Nelson walked forward and unleashed an overhand right hand that landed on the ear and sent Kongo to the floor. As Kongo tries to scramble up, Nelson blasted him with another right hand that sent him sprawlin to the canvas. Mulhall then stepped in to call the fight at the 2:03 mark of the opening frame.

Nelson (19-7 MMA, 6-3 UFC) is now 4-1 in his past five appearances, and all four wins have come by way of knockout. After the win, Nelson called for a chance to fight for the UFC's heavyweight title.

"They set 'em up, and I knock 'em down," Nelson said. "I want that gold. UFC 160, whoever wins that I want."

Kemal
28-04-2013, 07:35
Michael Bisping tops Alan Belcher via technical decision

Just when it was looking like Michael Bisping was headed for an impressive, dominant victory over Alan Belcher, controversy reared its head yet again at UFC 159.

Late in the third round of a fight he'd controlled with his precise striking and unrelenting pace, an accidental eyepoke by Bisping dropped Belcher to the mat and forced a premature halt to the bout. At that point, the fight went to the judges' scorecards, who awarded the unanimous technical decision to Bisping via 30-27, 30-27 and 29-28 scores.

The middleweight bout co-headlined today's UFC 159 event at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. It aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Bisping dominated the first two rounds, repeatedly landing his right hand flush on Belcher's jaw, which prompted Belcher's corner to implore him to look for the finish in the third. But Bisping continued to out-strike Belcher in the final frame, right up until the eyepoke dropped Belcher in a heap and forced him to clutch his face in anguish.

After the fight, Bisping apologized for the inadvertent foul and admitted that he was "looking for a finish, but Alan was tough as hell."

"My apologies to Alan," Bisping said after the bout. "It was a complete accident. That's just the way it happens sometimes."

Belcher (18-8 MMA, 9-6 UFC) drops his second fight following his decision loss to Yushin Okami at UFC 155. Bisping (24-5 MMA, 14-5 UFC) bounces back into the win column after his TKO loss to Vitor Belfort in Brazil in January.

Kemal
28-04-2013, 07:36
Jon Jones halts Chael Sonnen, suffers gruesome injury

While longtime middleweight Chael Sonnen was a long shot in his bid for the UFC light-heavyweight title, some believed that if he could get champ Jon Jones on his back, he might have a chance. Quite simply, though, he couldn't.

Instead, Jones survived a gruesome toe injury and punched out the challenger in the first round.

The light-heavyweight title bout headlined today's UFC 159 event at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. It aired on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

As promised, Sonnen pushed forward quickly at the bell, though it was Jones who scored the first takedown. Sonnen, who recently coached opposite Jones on "The Ultimate Fighter 17," scrambled up to his feet, and Jones surprisingly elected to fight inside the clinch rather than use his massive reach advantage. Several takedowns followed as Jones seemed intent to prove he was the superior wrestler. A barrage of punches and elbows followed, and Sonnen was clearly in trouble as he lay on his side.

As Jones methodically picked apart the undersized challenger, he pulled Sonnen's arm away and blasted him with vicious elbow strikes and a devastating knee to the body. The onslaught ripped apart Sonnen's face, and referee Keith Peterson called a stop to the fight with 27 seconds left in the opening frame.

In a bizarre turn of events, as Jones celebrated his victory, he looked down to notice a gruesome break of his left big toe. It quite possibly could have threatened to end the fight in freak fashion had Jones not gotten the first-round stoppage.

Afterward, Jones said he didn't immediately know when the injury occurred.

"I don't know, but when my adrenaline calms down, I'm going to be in some pain tonight," he said.

With the win, the 25-year-old Jones ties UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz's record for the most-consecutive defenses of the UFC light-heavyweight title at five. It also ends a months-long feud with Sonnen that began with this past September's canceled UFC 151 event and continued through their stints as "TUF 17" coaches.

"I was just so happy to get past Chael Sonnen," Jones (18-1 MMA, 12-1 UFC) said. "Chael Sonnen's an awesome opponent. We went through a lot of drama that motivated me a lot.

"I really wanted to try to 'Chael Sonnen' Chael Sonnen. I think I did a good job of that."

Meanwhile, Sonnen (27-13-1 MMA, 6-6 UFC) has now fallen short in three UFC title fights in his past five appearances, which included a pair of defeats to middleweight champ Anderson Silva. He remained gracious in defeat and hinted that his fighting days may be done.

"He's an excellent fighter," Sonnen said. "I have no problem with the decision or the stoppage. He's very powerful. When he went for the kill, he never stopped. I thought I was alright, but I think he's the better fighter.

"I'm not going to be one of the guys to hang around. If there's not a road to the title, then this sport isn't for me. I believe that was probably my last opportunity."

ChingChong
28-04-2013, 07:47
https://twitter.com/UrijahFaber/status/328378882615046144/photo/1

mario the count
28-04-2013, 10:12
nasty blessure die van jones :(

cornelus
28-04-2013, 10:53
op dat krukje midden in de octagon..

Anderson
28-04-2013, 11:10
Weer een sparringspartijtje voor Jones wat moet Dana nou doen om de fans rustig te krijgen.

hankmoody
28-04-2013, 11:22
Die partij van Jones vs Chael hoefde maar 20seconden langer te duren en we hadden een nieuwe champion, Jones had echt niet door kunnen vechten met zo'n fucked up teen.

hankmoody
28-04-2013, 11:24
Nu moet Lyoto vast helemaal lang wachten ivm met Jones's blessure

cornelus
28-04-2013, 11:44
Die partij van Jones vs Chael hoefde maar 20seconden langer te duren ....

.... of Chael had serieus naar het ziekenhuis gemoeten en daarna gelijk door naar de plastische chirurg ;)

Anderson
28-04-2013, 11:53
Dan was Chael dood geweest.

Silat
28-04-2013, 12:04
Ai ai... ik heb dezelfde blesseure als Jones gehad in 2003.
Alleen bij mij scheurde mijn huid niet open.
Je voet is één en al losse botjes verbonden met pezen.
Als je teen zo blijft hangen op het canvas en je voet gaat door dan scheur je de pezen af aan de binnenkant van je grote teen.
Van mij is nooit vast gezet... assholes in het ziekenhuis.

mario the count
28-04-2013, 12:04
Jones oogt ook altijd zo sterk, hij is altijd langer dan zijn tegenstander maar zijn fysiek is ook vaak nog bruter.

K-1sunstarr
28-04-2013, 12:26
Phil Davis on UFC 159 win: 'I'm going to beat you at your weakest'

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/4/28/4277706/phil-davis-on-ufc-159-win-im-going-to-beat-you-at-your-weakest#ooid=5tc3I4Yjo5hWTaaI7Asy67Av4jV0f0YY

Pansier
28-04-2013, 12:28
Jones oogt ook altijd zo sterk, hij is altijd langer dan zijn tegenstander maar zijn fysiek is ook vaak nog bruter.

x2 viel mij ook. Jammer ik had het Chael gegunt na zijn partij tegen Anderson Silva.

mario the count
28-04-2013, 13:03
x2 viel mij ook. Jammer ik had het Chael gegunt na zijn partij tegen Anderson Silva.

Had het hem ook wel gegund maar jones is gewoon medogenloos.

e-type
28-04-2013, 13:58
Die ellebogen van Jones....verwoestend gewoon. Jammer voor Chael, maar wel verwacht... 'k Ben benieuwd wat ie nu gaat doen...pensioen waarschijnlijk?

Diaz bros
28-04-2013, 14:19
nog een partij tegen wanderlei en dan stoppen, lijkt me wel een leuke partij voor die nieuwe card UFC on FS 1, Dana heeft aangekondigd dat dit wel eens een van de grootste events kan worden, GSP vs Hendricks zou wel eens de main event kunnen zijn en de hier populaire ier McGregor en Lauzon zijn de enige 2 vechters die voorlopig op de card staan

K-1sunstarr
28-04-2013, 14:52
Ik heb weer genoten.
Wat een nacht.

Voor al die haters, eindelijk erkenning!!
In het begin was JJ overtype,:lol:

deco'o
28-04-2013, 14:57
Chael Sonnen kwam alleen maar om te cashen en verliezen, dat mensen hem nog serieus nemen

Kemal
28-04-2013, 16:43
After controversial UFC 159 call, Dana White calls on commissions for reform

Saturday night's UFC 159 event in Newark, N.J., will always be remembered as a card full off odd happenings. But it was a controversial call in one of the evening's preliminary bouts that had UFC President Dana White most appalled.

"It was terrible," White said at the evening's post-event press conference. "He should have had a doctor come in. You stop the fight, you send the guy to a neutral corner, you have the doctor come in and check him out, and you have the doctor determine whether he's able to fight or not. That's what should have happened."

White was referring to a preliminary contest between Ovince St. Preux (13-5 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Gian Villante (10-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC), which saw the two Strikeforce veterans battle back and forth for two rather uneventful rounds until things took an odd turn in the final frame. Less than a minute into the round, a blatant (albeit inadvertent) St. Preux eye poke saw Villante clutch his face in obvious discomfort. Referee Kevin Mulhall initially hesitated to call for a timeout but then swiftly moved in to inspect the damage.

When he reached Villante, Mulhall asked the light heavyweight if he could see. While it's common knowledge in the fight game that a negative answer leaves the referee no choice but to call the fight, Villante admitted he was struggling to maintain clear vision. Mulhall immediately waved off the fight.

In the Unified Rules of MMA, eye pokes are not technically afforded any recovery time, making the handling of the blows different than, for instance, a groin shot, in which the victimized fighter is given up to five minute to recover. Still, crafty referees will often find a way to pad the process, as one of the sport's most-respected veterans, "Big" John McCarthy, explained Saturday night on Twitter.

"U can use the doctor 2 help in giving the fighter time 2 clear their vision," McCarthy wrote. "There is no need to rush in this situation."

While White was not privy to McCarthy's evaluation of the situation prior to his comments, the UFC boss offered a similar recommendation.

"The guy said, 'Can you see?'" White said. "[Villante] said, 'I can't see,' so he stopped the fight. He's like, 'I can't see because I just got poked in the f---ing eye. Give me a minute.'"

Unfortunately, Mulhall's decision was made, and with the fight in the third round, judges were asked to render a result. St. Preux was awarded a decision win, much to the dismay of Villante.

White said he didn't necessarily blame the commission for the result, instead insisting he views the New Jersey Athletic Control Board as one of the best commissions in the country. However, he did say it was probably time to look at revising the rules associated with eye pokes, not to mention the long-controversial definition of a grounded opponent – the text that allows standing fighters to put a hand on the mat to avoid being struck with kicks or knees to the head when working in tight quarters.

"What needs to happen is the [Association of Boxing Commissions] needs to get together, and we need to come up with a few things," White said. "We really do need to revamp some rules and regs. I think obviously the eye poke thing is a big deal. We need to talk about that. And the other thing is this three-point (rule). I don't like this three-point thing where you can't get kneed if you have your finger on the ground. That's not what the rule was meant for, so I think we're due."

While a rule change will be of little comfort to Villante, it could prevent future issues. In the meantime, current UFC No. 1 middleweight contender Chris Weidman, a teammate of Villante's who worked his corner during the fight, said the team may appeal the result.

"Gian Villante got screwed," Weidman told MMAjunkie. "Hopefully we can get some type of protest going and get this thing changed."

Kemal
28-04-2013, 16:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tK2lJ9lljQI

Kemal
28-04-2013, 16:46
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xJIWuDZrbtU

Kemal
28-04-2013, 16:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=r6hduDPKiMU

mmacentral
28-04-2013, 17:06
Jones is toch een klasse apart zeg. Had niet verwacht dat het verschil zo groot zo zijn: Sonnen was op elk punt overklast. Nu ben ik alleen NOG geinteresseerder in hoe Jones het tegen Anderson zou doen. Ook al zie ik ze allebei voorlopig liever nog niet verliezen.

Harrie Nak
28-04-2013, 20:33
Jones is toch een klasse apart zeg. Had niet verwacht dat het verschil zo groot zo zijn: Sonnen was op elk punt overklast. Nu ben ik alleen NOG geinteresseerder in hoe Jones het tegen Anderson zou doen. Ook al zie ik ze allebei voorlopig liever nog niet verliezen.Ik denk eerlijk gezegd niet dat Silva veel in te brengen zal hebben tegen Jones. Jones is gewoon een maatje te groot voor hem. Niet qua skills, maar qua fysiek.

surfensoul
28-04-2013, 21:01
Ik denk eerlijk gezegd niet dat Silva veel in te brengen zal hebben tegen Jones. Jones is gewoon een maatje te groot voor hem. Niet qua skills, maar qua fysiek.

Dat denk ik ook, Jones manhandled hem. Jones is een zeer sterke en goede klassieke worstelaar en laat Anderson nou net niet van die in your face worstelaars houden, kijk maar hoeveel moiete hij had met Sonnen.Het is wel mma mathematics maar Jones had ook worstelend geen enkel probleem met Sonnen, sterker nog ook daarin domineerde hij, dan heeft Andersson worstelend al helemaal geen probleem. Jones houd dit gevecht dus nooit staande, Andersson houdt niet van druk en grinden, ik geef hem weinig kans tegen Jones.Jones wint via grinden en ground en pound.

Dana zei dat Andersson gebeld had omdat hij een gevecht wilde met Jones of St Pierre, Dana liet in het midden om wie het ging, maar ik zet er geld op in dat de lepe Andersson en zijn lepe manager een gevecht met St Pierre wel als winbaar zien en ik voorspel dat Andersson daar om zal vragen.

Maar ik hoop dat hij om een gevecht met Jones zal vragen..:cool2:

mmacentral
28-04-2013, 21:21
Ik denk eerlijk gezegd niet dat Silva veel in te brengen zal hebben tegen Jones. Jones is gewoon een maatje te groot voor hem. Niet qua skills, maar qua fysiek.
ben er ook bang voor ja. Maar ja als je dan ziet hoe Anderson bonnar sloopte, die van vergelijkbare grootte is....ik count Anderson ook nooit weer out.

kooivechter
29-04-2013, 00:11
ben er ook bang voor ja. Maar ja als je dan ziet hoe Anderson bonnar sloopte, die van vergelijkbare grootte is....ik count Anderson ook nooit weer out.

nee dat is echt letterlijk een te groot verschil.Zit daar niet op te wachten. Jones moet echt naar HW. Ik hoop ook dat ze dat ook snel gaan doen. Dat is een veel betere gewichts klasse voor hem. Zit echt niet weer op een evt. partij tegen machida of henderson te wachten. De enige die ze nog een kans geven is Gustafson, die verdient het ook. Het verschil tussen Jones en '' de rest'' is gewoon veel te groot.
De enige superfight zou zijn GSP vs Silva.Silva heeft nog op 175 pound gevochten. GSP vs Silva op een catch weight van 180 pound zonder de titel op het spel te zetten, zou top zijn!! Alleen GSP is er niet echt happig op. Dat moet ook geen 2 jaar meer duren, dan is Silva 40.

MRNijman
29-04-2013, 00:13
Op welk gewicht zou dit gevecht dan moeten plaats vinden? Jon Jones kan niet op een nog lager gewicht vechten dan nu en als Anderson naar de 93 kilo gaat is die kansloos tegen Jon Jones

MRNijman
29-04-2013, 00:15
Ik hoop op Jones - Cormier

mario the count
29-04-2013, 01:06
Ik hoop op Jones - Cormier
niet zoals cormier zn laatste pot vocht.

Kemal
29-04-2013, 07:39
Jon Jones vs. Chael Sonnen fight video highlights (http://msn.foxsports.com/video?videoid=e1a8ce0a-3718-4480-b952-a3ec61f6e2c5&src=v5:share:sharepermalink:&from=sharepermalink)

Pahlavan
29-04-2013, 08:42
Ik verbaas me over het feit dat zoveel mensen anderson blijven onderschatten....
Het wordt natuurlijk geen makkelijke klus voor anderson, puur vanwege het feit dat jones eigenlijk veel te groot is voor een lhw, maar kom op mensen... Het is anderson silva waar we het over hebben. Iemand die al jaren vechters (in verschillende gewichtsklassen) aan het domineren is vrijwel zonder enige moeite.

Diz
29-04-2013, 09:42
Ik verbaas me over het feit dat zoveel mensen anderson blijven onderschatten....
Het wordt natuurlijk geen makkelijke klus voor anderson, puur vanwege het feit dat jones eigenlijk veel te groot is voor een lhw, maar kom op mensen... Het is anderson silva waar we het over hebben. Iemand die al jaren vechters (in verschillende gewichtsklassen) aan het domineren is vrijwel zonder enige moeite.

x2

Mensen vergeten hoe goed Anderson eigenlijk is... ik denk zelf ook dattie JJ toch gaat pakken als het gevecht er gaat komen...

Biiyen
29-04-2013, 11:02
Jon Jones moet naar de Heavy Weight.Het is gewoon duidelijk dat die vent te goot is voor die klasse. Al is Sonnen natuurlijk niet echt een goede match-up.

De enige reden die ik kan verzinnen waarom ze Sonnen tegen Jones hebben laten vechten is om te bekijken of Anderson een kans maakt, zonder Anderson op het spel zetten.

Antwoord lijkt me duidelijk, NEE.

En ja Anderson is goed en ja hij is een MMA halfgod... Maar niet tegen Jones, die gozer is te groot. Dat is een volwaardige Heavy Weight.

kooivechter
29-04-2013, 16:16
Jon Jones moet naar de Heavy Weight.Het is gewoon duidelijk dat die vent te goot is voor die klasse. Al is Sonnen natuurlijk niet echt een goede match-up.

De enige reden die ik kan verzinnen waarom ze Sonnen tegen Jones hebben laten vechten is om te bekijken of Anderson een kans maakt, zonder Anderson op het spel zetten.

Antwoord lijkt me duidelijk, NEE.

En ja Anderson is goed en ja hij is een MMA halfgod... Maar niet tegen Jones, die gozer is te groot. Dat is een volwaardige Heavy Weight.

X2

Asura
29-04-2013, 17:12
Anderson is een geweldige counterpuncher, maar hoeveel heb je daaraan als Jones een 6 inch reach advantage heeft en zelf een van de minst geraakte vechters is.Als JJ hem op de grond krijgt zoals Chael gaan we Anderson voor het eerst zien bloeden.

superstucie
29-04-2013, 23:00
Ik zou moussasi wel eens tegen jones willen zien,ik denk dat hij serieus een kans zou maken...

Asura
29-04-2013, 23:04
Als mousasi een stuk sterker word heeft hij een kans anders niet, jones zal hem op de grond krijgen en hij zal door zijn guard heen gaan als hij op dit gebied niet verbeterd.

mario the count
29-04-2013, 23:29
Als mousasi een stuk sterker word heeft hij een kans anders niet, jones zal hem op de grond krijgen en hij zal door zijn guard heen gaan als hij op dit gebied niet verbeterd.

En ik zou niet weten waar hij die kracht vandaan moet halen. Hij zou in spiermassa wat aan moeten komen maar dan zit hij al snel te ver boven die 205 want veel vet verliezen kan hij niet meer. Maar mousasi heeft wel de tools om het jones lastig te maken. Ik zou idd een anderson silva, mousasi, gustaffson nog tegen jones willen zien. Verslaat hij hun ook nog dan heeft hij echt geen uitdaging meer en moet hij toch echt naar zwaargewicht wil hij nog uitdagingen hebben. Maar iets zegt me dat hij niet gretig is om naar het zwaargewicht te gaan omdat daar misschien TE veel uitdaging is.

Turboknecht
30-04-2013, 01:05
Van mij hoeven die superfights tussen Silva, St. Pierre, Jones etc. allemaal niet zo. Ze zitten niet voor niets in verschillende gewichtsklassen. Je kunt ze wel tegen elkaar zetten, maar dan blijft het toch een beetje appels en peren vergelijken. Daarnaast zie ik ze liever in hun eigen divisie de boel afdrogen. Al zou ik het wel leuk vinden om Jones naar HW te zien gaan.

Kemal
30-04-2013, 07:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gifW1S1TM7k

Kemal
30-04-2013, 07:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=N8Vd1nbemFA

Pahlavan
30-04-2013, 10:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gifW1S1TM7k

Die chael wordt wel ff voor paal gezet door dana aan het eind lol

123trisweat
30-04-2013, 17:37
Toch best mannenpraat van Jones in twee jaar tijd Worldchamp, de who-is-who gevochten en iedereen op een verbluffende en creatieve manier verslagen (op Hamilton na, maar ja).

Na Fedor, A. silva zijn we nu getuige van de Jones era. En ik kijk veel liever naar Jones dan GSP

Turboknecht
01-05-2013, 00:28
Vanaf 2.20 ongeveer begint het. Aan de muziek te horen tijdens de opkomst van Roy Nelson. Gaat lekker los daar.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=686_1367344126 (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=686_1367344126)

mmaikel
01-05-2013, 04:47
Slappe TDD, slechte ground & pound, laat het toch aan de pro`s over!:)

Diz
01-05-2013, 09:41
Gewoon doorlopen mensen... niks te zien hier...

Kemal
01-05-2013, 22:00
UFC releases veteran heavyweight Cheick Kongo after UFC 159 loss

After a seven-year run that included 18 fights in the organization, veteran heavyweight Cheick Kongo is a UFC fighter no more.

His management team today made the announcement.

"I am sad to report that Chiek Kongo was released by the UFC today," Alden Halpern of MMA Elite wrote.

The release comes a few days after Kongo (18-8-2 MMA, 11-6-1 UFC) suffered a knockout loss to Roy Nelson (19-7 MMA, 6-3 UFC) on UFC 159's pay-per-view main card, which took place April 27 in Newark, N.J.

Kongo, 37, was one of the UFC's longest-employed and most experienced fighters. He made his promotional debut way back at UFC 61 in 2006, where the French kickboxer knocked out Gilbert Aldana as part of a 7-2 start to his UFC career.

Kongo, in fact, was on a 4-1-1 run before the setback to Nelson, which came just two minutes into this past weekend's fight.

However, that's been a theme of his time in the UFC. While he sports an overall 11-6-1 mark in the organization, Kongo struggled against the elite of the division, including notables such as Cain Velasquez, Frank Mir and Mark Hunt. The big-fight losses stalled any title hopes, though he proved a tough out for just about anyone, including Velasquez, who's earned stoppage wins against everyone but dos Santos and Kongo.

Halpern gave no indication of what may be next for Kongo, who's currently ranked 14th for the most fights in UFC history.

Turboknecht
01-05-2013, 23:08
Naja zeg, en dan wel Dave Herman erin houden. Dat is toch niet te rijmen?!

Wheelie
02-05-2013, 11:50
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/466110_596652750347012_2118117177_o.png

Naj85
02-05-2013, 14:11
die hoofd van tito is bijna 2x zo groot

ChingChong
03-05-2013, 09:15
UFC releases veteran heavyweight Cheick Kongo after UFC 159 loss

After a seven-year run that included 18 fights in the organization, veteran heavyweight Cheick Kongo is a UFC fighter no more.

His management team today made the announcement.

"I am sad to report that Chiek Kongo was released by the UFC today," Alden Halpern of MMA Elite wrote.

The release comes a few days after Kongo (18-8-2 MMA, 11-6-1 UFC) suffered a knockout loss to Roy Nelson (19-7 MMA, 6-3 UFC) on UFC 159's pay-per-view main card, which took place April 27 in Newark, N.J.

Kongo, 37, was one of the UFC's longest-employed and most experienced fighters. He made his promotional debut way back at UFC 61 in 2006, where the French kickboxer knocked out Gilbert Aldana as part of a 7-2 start to his UFC career.

Kongo, in fact, was on a 4-1-1 run before the setback to Nelson, which came just two minutes into this past weekend's fight.

However, that's been a theme of his time in the UFC. While he sports an overall 11-6-1 mark in the organization, Kongo struggled against the elite of the division, including notables such as Cain Velasquez, Frank Mir and Mark Hunt. The big-fight losses stalled any title hopes, though he proved a tough out for just about anyone, including Velasquez, who's earned stoppage wins against everyone but dos Santos and Kongo.

Halpern gave no indication of what may be next for Kongo, who's currently ranked 14th for the most fights in UFC history.
Zag het aankomen, jammer :/

Minotauro
03-05-2013, 10:01
die hoofd van tito is bijna 2x zo groot

Jenna Jameson heeft ook twee dingen groter dan Jones hoofd..

Diz
03-05-2013, 10:19
Jenna Jameson heeft ook twee dingen groter dan Jones hoofd..

En ze heeft ook iets wat inmiddels zo groot is dat Jones zijn hoofd er helemaal in past... ;)

Maar ff zonder dollen, zou niet zo heel erg slim zijn van Tito om met Jones die kooi in te kruipen...
Het schijnt namelijk dat Jones best goed kan vechten ;)

Kemal
03-05-2013, 17:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N8Vd1nbemFA

Niek-S
03-05-2013, 21:16
Van mij hoeven die superfights tussen Silva, St. Pierre, Jones etc. allemaal niet zo. Ze zitten niet voor niets in verschillende gewichtsklassen. Je kunt ze wel tegen elkaar zetten, maar dan blijft het toch een beetje appels en peren vergelijken. Daarnaast zie ik ze liever in hun eigen divisie de boel afdrogen. Al zou ik het wel leuk vinden om Jones naar HW te zien gaan.

Ja of gewoon open wieight, Sonnen is misschien op 185 of juist ergens tussen 185 en 205 wel op zijn sterkt. Hij was bijvoorbeeld tijdens zijn eerste partij tegen silva wel heel krachtig. Misschien voelde die zich juist minder en moest die teveel aankomen. Misschien had die wel beter tegen jones gepresteerd op 185

Niek-S
03-05-2013, 21:45
ps. had niet verwacht dat kongo eruit werd gegooid. Was anders misschien ook nog wel een gave pot voor Struve

Pahlavan
03-05-2013, 22:23
Ja of gewoon open wieight, Sonnen is misschien op 185 of juist ergens tussen 185 en 205 wel op zijn sterkt. Hij was bijvoorbeeld tijdens zijn eerste partij tegen silva wel heel krachtig. Misschien voelde die zich juist minder en moest die teveel aankomen. Misschien had die wel beter tegen jones gepresteerd op 185

Ik denk dat het feit dat chael zich toen zo krachtig voelde ook voor een deel te maken had met het feit dat hij 'ietjes' meer testosterone had gespoten dan toegestaan was....

Kemal
15-05-2013, 08:18
Pat Healy releases statement admitting positive test for marijuana post-UFC 159

UFC lightweight Pat Healy(30-16 MMA, 1-0 UFC) today issued a statement to MMAjunkie in which he apologized for testing positive for marijuana following an upset win over Jim Miller (22-5 MMA, 11-4 UFC) at UFC 159.

The UFC declined to comment on the matter, and the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board, which oversaw the event, does not release the names of those that test positive for banned substances following an event. But a Healy representative told MMAjunkie.com that the fighter was suspended for 90 days by the commission and his win will be overturned to a no contest.

In his statement, Healy took full responsibility for the positive test.

"I would like to start off by apologizing to the UFC, Jim Miller, the MMA community, its fans, my family, teammates and coaches for my positive testing for marijuana after my UFC 159 fight with Jim Miller," he stated. "I was fully aware of the UFC and state commission's drug policies and made poor life choices.

"I stand behind the UFC and state commission's disciplinary actions. I support efforts to make MMA (and sports) a clean, safe and fair place to compete.

"I made a very poor choice to socially use marijuana and now I must face the consequences of that choice. I can assure you that I will do everything the UFC and state commission asks of me and beyond. I will make a conscious effort to be a better role model within the MMA community."

Repeated attempts to contact the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board were unsuccessful. But Phil Claud, Healy's trainer at Sports Lab in Portland, said the fighter was notified on Saturday by the New Jersey commission about his suspension and win being overturned.

"I've been coaching for a long time, and I've never had an athlete test positive on any level," said Claud. "I have to do a lot of soul searching on my side. It affects me personally and every athlete at Sports Lab. But I believe Pat made a mistake. I believe we beat one of the best fighters in the UFC; I don't believe the marijuana had any influence on the result of the bout. At the end of the day, I believe in Pat. I'm going to follow my gut and continue to support him."

Claud said Healy told him that he used the drug one month prior to the bout while spending time with old friends.

Healy, 29, submitted Miller in the third round of their bout, which served on the pay-per-view main-card of the event. UFC 159 took place at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. The impressive performance won him dual bonuses for "Fight of the Night" and "Submission of the Night," which put another $130,000 in disclosed pay in his pocket.

The UFC recently changed its policy to withhold fight-night bonuses until drug testing results are released, so it's possible Healy's bonus could be taken back.

It was Healy's seventh consecutive win, as well, and followed a successful run in the now-defunct Strikeforce.

Mike Constantino, Miller's manager, declined comment until the UFC confirms the suspension.

Turboknecht
15-05-2013, 10:42
Haha, en dat statement stuurt hij dan naar MMAjunkie.

Kemal
15-05-2013, 19:36
Bryan Caraway awarded Pat Healy's $65K 'Submission of the Night' bonus

Pat Healy's loss is Bryan Caraway's gain; a $65,000 "Submission of the Night" bonus initially awarded to Healy instead will go to Caraway.

UFC President Dana White today confirmed the change via Twitter.

Healy recently lost the UFC 159 submission bonus, as well as a $65,000 "Fight of the Night" award, after testing positive for marijuana in a post-fight drug test, as MMAjunkie reported on Tuesday.

"It's known up front that checks are held until everyone passes the drug test. Brian Caraway get the SON now. Healy did himself dirty," White tweeted in response to a fan.

UFC 159 took place April 27 at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. Healy (29-16 MMA, 0-1 UFC) submitted fellow lightweight contender Jim Miller (22-4 MMA, 11-3 UFC) via rear-naked choke in a pay-per-view main-card bout, though the win was overturned to a no-contest due to the failed test. Caraway (18-6 MMA, 3-1 UFC), whom White said actually negotiated the fight-night bonuses from the standard $50,000 to $65,000, submitted fellow bantamweight Johnny Bedford (19-10-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) via guillotine choke in an FX-televised preliminary-card bout.

White gave no indication if Healy's "Fight of the Night" award may be issued to another fighter. (Miller, who also earned a $65,000 "FOTN" bonus in the loss, will keep his.)