PDA

View Full Version : Jackson: Jones move to heavyweight will be 'fun' challenge

Soulbringer320
01-05-2013, 00:54
When Alexander the Great saw the breadth of his domain, he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer."
UFC light heavyweight champion is rapidly tearing through the challengers, and is growing; a move to heavyweight is inevitable.
He will get there with the help of his coaches at Jackson's MMA, who say will be a fun challenge.
"If he wants to do that, then I’ll help him out," said Greg Jackson on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "I've always said that it’s up to fighters and the management. Then it’s my job to figure out how we’re going to do that. If that's the parameters they want to give, that's what I do. And I actually enjoy that. Anything different is good.
"I've said before, I like to watch scary movies like with monsters, not because I like to get scared at all, but because I like to figure out what are the parameters. If you're fighting a ghost, can the ghost hurt you? Can you hurt the ghost? I really enjoy that, like figuring out what the rules are of the game and then how to win when we have these rules. If they give me parameters or opponents or whatever, that’s the fun part for me. The picking and the choosing of them? Not nearly as fun, and not really my job. I just like to break down the puzzles in front of me."
"As long as we have enough time to prepare, we're going to have to fight them all anyway. We're going to have to fight Machida again, we're going to have to fight Gustafsson, whoever else they put in front of us. It’s just a matter of who’s next. But I never want to be like, 'Avoid this guy' or 'fight this guy.' When you’re the champion, you really have to take on. That's part of what being champion is; whoever they say you have to fight, you have to fight.
"People might not think that makes sense because we said we don't want to take a new fight on short notice. That's a whole different animal. It's not that we were avoiding the opponent, we were avoiding the situation. We wanted to make sure we were well-prepared. This is a world title in a sport that I think is the best in the world by far, and I want to take that seriously."
The if seems to be settled, and the next questions are who and when. When do you think Jones will move up, and who might he fight?

ChingChong
01-05-2013, 12:13
Laat Jones eerst maar van Alexander en Gegard winnen

Biiyen
01-05-2013, 19:59
Laat Jones eerst maar van Alexander en Gegard winnen

Met alle respect maar Jo Jones sloopt beide..... Jon jones is een volwaardige HW geen LHW.... Een LHW is in training tegen de 220+ pounds en traint af naar de 205.... Als je Jon Jones loslaat dan gaat hij net als Alistair binnen no time naar de 245 - 255.

ChingChong
01-05-2013, 20:07
Nah man, hij heeft skinny legs. Zo zwaar is hij niet

The Bulldog
01-05-2013, 22:30
Benen schelen wel wat kg idd denk ik....maar op 110 komt ie wel.

ijsbier
01-05-2013, 23:57
schijnt rond te lopen rond 100 kg, niets bijzonders dus, wel interessante trainingsschema's heeft die gast: http://www.muscleprodigy.com/jon-jones-workout-arcl-1744.html
http://www.howtomakeonline.org/YiOC3MoneyoGDD_8/Jon-Jones'-Strength-and-Conditioning-Program.html

Toch weet ik niet of hij op heavyweight zo fantastisch zal zijn, denk dat hij op -92 toch het beste uit de verf , vrees dat hij veel bewegelijkheid zal kwijtraken.

Ulis-E
02-05-2013, 10:48
hij's lang en relatief tenger.. denk dat hij gemakkelijk kan switchen tussen LHW en HW ... kzie hem een beetje als een anderson silva qua lichaamstype/weightclass skipping..

denk ook dat hij op HW net zo lethal zal zijn... tuurlijk zullen zijn tegenstanders wat harder stoten maar ze zullen ook een stuk minder beweeglijk zijn