PDA

View Full Version : David Haye vs Manuel Charr June 29th

Pahlavan
03-05-2013, 17:55
Former heavyweight titlist David Haye, who has been campaigning for a fight with heavyweight titlist Vitali Klitschko, finally realized that he was not going to get one any time soon, so on Monday he announced his next move, which does not include Klitschko.

Haye (26-2, 24 KOs), 32, of England, signed with top British promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport, which in turn announced that Haye will face former title challenger Manuel Charr on June 29 at the MEN Arena in Manchester, England.

Rafael's Boxing Blog
Get the latest scoop and analysis on the world of boxing from ESPN.com's Dan Rafael in his blog.

Haye has his own promotional company, Hayemaker Promotions, which will be involved in the fights with Matchroom Sport as an event co-promoter.

"I'm delighted to have agreed to a four-fight promotional deal with David Haye and Hayemaker," Hearn said. "In my opinion David is the most exciting heavyweight on the planet and I'm over the moon to help bring his comeback fight against Charr to Sky Sports on June 29."

One of the reasons Haye went with Hearn is because Matchroom Sport has an exclusive deal to deliver boxing events to Sky, Great Britain's most prominent network that televises boxing. In other words, if Haye wants to be seen by the most viewers, he needed to be on Sky, which meant going with Hearn.

Haye, Charr and Hearn are scheduled to appear at a news conference on Wednesday in Manchester.

Haye, the former cruiserweight champion, won a heavyweight belt via majority decision against Russia's Nikolai Valuev in November 2009 and made two defenses, knockout wins against former titlist John Ruiz and British countryman Audley Harrison. But then Haye lost his title via lopsided decision to Wladimir Klitschko in July 2011, after which Haye blamed the loss on an injured pinkie toe.

Haye has only fought once since the loss to Klitschko, a fifth-round knockout of England's Dereck Chisora last July in a heavily hyped fight between bitter rivals.

Now Haye is taking on Charr (23-1, 13 KOs), 28, a native of Lebanon living in Germany. In his most significant fight, Charr challenged Vitali Klitschko for his world title last September in Moscow. Klitschko knocked him down in the second round and stopped him in the fourth round because of a bad cut over his right eye.

Since the loss to Klitschko, Charr has won two fights in a row, a first-round knockout of Konstantin Airich in December in Germany and a second-round stoppage of Yakup Saglam in February in Romania.

Charr campaigned to get the fight with Haye, even showing up at the press conference after he knocked out Chisora to ask him for the opportunity.

Last month, Charr continued his efforts, saying, "I heard that Haye is still looking for an opponent for his next fight. There's no need to look any further. I'm right here waiting. Haye himself said that Vitali Klitschko couldn't beat me -- [that] instead Vitali's doctor won the fight for him [by stopping the fight because of the cut]. I still want my rematch against Klitschko and Haye is my way to get there. Let's do an eliminator for Vitali. I'm ready when you are, David!"

MRNijman
03-05-2013, 18:00
Haye slaat hem KO

Kemal
03-05-2013, 18:21
http://i1.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article1791700.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/British-heavyweight-David-Haye-will-fight-Manuel-Charr-in-Manchester-on-June-29.jpg

http://www.boxen1.com/wp-content/uploads/Charr-Haye_01.jpg

http://ticketnews.eventim.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Haye-v-Charr-2013-650x910.jpg

Leventdepevent
03-05-2013, 23:31
Haye slaat hem KO
inderdaad ja! en daarna maar is verder kijken voor die rematch tegen Klitschko

Minotauro
04-05-2013, 00:21
Hoe komt Charr aan die belts?

Nosferatu187
04-05-2013, 00:54
Hoe komt Charr aan die belts?

gestolen toen klitschko op vakantie was.

Pahlavan
04-05-2013, 01:17
gestolen toen klitschko op vakantie was.

Lol :lol:

Kemal
04-05-2013, 07:31
Charr heeft een lange lijst aan winstpartijen (23 Wins (13 knockouts, 10 decisions), 1 Loss), heeft alleen van Vitali Klitschko verloren. Hij bezit de WBC International heavyweight titel en de WBC Silver heavyweight titel.

Las overigens ook dat hij Thai-box kampioen is geweest:
2003 German Champion in Muay Thai 2003 “Killerdom” Champion in Amsterdam 2005 German Champion in Thai-Boxing 2005 European Champion in Kick-Boxing (I.K.B.O) 2005 World Champion in Thai-Boxing (I.K.B.O) Nickname: Uncle Sam

Leventdepevent
04-05-2013, 10:24
Hoe komt Charr aan die belts? tsja bij elke tegenwoordig heb je bij elke interim wedstrijd al een belt...misschien telt ie zn amateur titels mee, zn tegenstanders tot nu toe,uitgezonderd klitscho dan, waren niet echt geweldig.heb hem al een paar keer zien vechten.Haye pakt deze met gemak.

mmacentral
04-05-2013, 21:53
Boksen volg ik niet meer zo...maar haye was toch retired?

MRNijman
04-05-2013, 22:09
Klopt, voor het gevecht met Chisora was die geloof ik al gestopt. Hij wou stoppen toen die 31 werd. Maar ik heb nooit gesnapt dat die ging stoppen, hij kan nog makkelijk verder en hij verdient goed. Voordat de tegenstander bekent was, werden er al veel kaarten verkocht.

mmacentral
05-05-2013, 01:26
Klopt, voor het gevecht met Chisora was die geloof ik al gestopt. Hij wou stoppen toen die 31 werd. Maar ik heb nooit gesnapt dat die ging stoppen, hij kan nog makkelijk verder en hij verdient goed. Voordat de tegenstander bekent was, werden er al veel kaarten verkocht.
Ah oke, vond het ook al zo vreemd toen ie aankondigde te stoppen.

Leventdepevent
14-05-2013, 15:58
gevecht is geanulleerd las ik op round 1 network,Haye heeft tijdens het trainen een handblessure heeft opgelopen waarvan hij niet op tijd hersteld is.......gelukkig voor Charr ;)

Minotauro
14-05-2013, 16:22
Meen je niet.. wat zuur weer

Pahlavan
14-05-2013, 17:17
gevecht is geanulleerd las ik op round 1 network,Haye heeft tijdens het trainen een handblessure heeft opgelopen waarvan hij niet op tijd hersteld is.......gelukkig voor Charr ;)

Je hebt gelijk. Jammer, keek er toch wel naar uit.

Pahlavan
14-05-2013, 17:21
Former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye has pulled out of his proposed 29 June bout with Manuel Charr due to a hand injury sustained in training.
The Briton had hoped a strong showing against Lebanon-born German Charr, 28, would help set up a world title fight with one of the Klitschko brothers.

It is not yet clear whether the fight, which was scheduled for the Manchester Arena, will be rearranged.
"I'm absolutely gutted to have to pull out of this fight," said Haye, 32.
"I need to rest it up for at least four weeks. I pick up injuries now and again in training, and sometimes carry them into fights, but this was one I simply couldn't recover from in time.
"I apologise to Manuel Charr and to everybody involved with the promotion. But most of all I want to say sorry to the thousands of fans who bought tickets to the fight. I felt it was important to let them know about the cancellation as soon as possible, so they can now make other plans.
"As soon as I am told I can resume full training, my loyal fans will be the first to know."
Haye, who has injured his left hand, has not fought since beating Dereck Chisora last July.
He announced his retirement in October 2011 several months after losing his WBA belt when he was outpointed by Ukrainian Wladimir Klitscho in Germany, and subsequently retired from the sport.
Haye reversed that decision to fight Chisora before revealing in March that he would fight again.
He previously won the WBA belt by beating giant Russian Nikolay Valuev on points in Germany in November 2009.

Leventdepevent
14-05-2013, 22:15
ik had er ook wel zin in, Haye staat toch altijd wel garand voor spektakel. Nou ja dan doen we het vrijdag maar met Povetkin-Wawrzyk