PDA

View Full Version : UFC on FX 8: Belfort vs. Rockhold | Results **Spoiler**

Kemal
19-05-2013, 07:52
Main card
Vitor Belfort def. Luke Rockhold via first-round KO
Ronaldo Souza def. Chris Camozzi via submission (arm triangle)
Rafael dos Anjos def. Evan Dunham via unanimous decision
Rafael Natal def. Joao Zeferino via unanimous decision

Undercard
Nik Lentz def. Hacran Dias via unanimous decision
Francisco Trinaldo def. Mike Rio via submission (arm triangle)
Gleison Tibau def. John Cholish via submission (guillotine)
Paulo Thiago def. Michel Prazeres via unanimous decision
Yuri Alcantara def. Iliarde Santos via first-round TKO
Fabio Maldonado def. Roger Hollett via unanimous decision
John Lineker def. Azamat Gashimov via second-round TKO
Jussier Formiga def. Chris Cariaso via unanimous decision
Lucas Martins def. Jeremy Larsen via third-round KO

Kemal
19-05-2013, 07:59
Gas tank gets Rafael Natal past Joao Zeferino

Joao Zeferino may have some power. Now he may want to look into his cardio.

The UFC newcomer landed some heavy punches, but it was Rafael Natal who was able to weather the early storm and come out on top with a unanimous decision win when Zeferino faded in the second round. Natal won by a pair of 29-28 scores and a 30-27.

The middleweight bout was part of Saturday's UFC on FX 8 event at Arena Jaragua in Jaragua do Sul, Santa Catarina, Brazil. It aired on the FX-televised main card following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Zeferino landed a big right hand that stunned Natal early in the first round, but Natal worked through it. Zeferino fired off two more right hands, then a big head kick. Zeferino stayed strong in the standup, even wobbling Natal. But when Natal went for a trip takedown, it was Zeferino who briefly was on top before the two took turns working for foot locks from the 50-50 guard, where they stayed for most of the remainder of the round until they were stood up.

The pace was slow for the first minute of the second before Zeferino landed a nice takedown – though Natal quickly was back to his feet. Halfway through the round, Zeferino shot for a double-leg takedown, but he bailed on it quickly – visibly tired. Natal looked the fresher fighter and tried to take advantage. But Zeferino landed a nice right counter, showing he still had some power left, even if he didn't have much gas in the tank. With 90 seconds left, Zeferino threw a spinning fist, but then flopped right to his back into guard. Natal followed him down and landed some good punches on top.

Zeferino landed a right hand early in the third. When he landed, they were good shots. But the gas tank proved to be an issue. Natal landed a flurry a minute into the frame, but Zeferino landed another right hand. Natal missed a side kick and Zeferino tried to take advantage with a takedown. But his energy level wouldn't let him and Natal turned it around to a takedown of his own into half-guard midway through the round. Natal got to full mount late in the round and tried to pound Zeferino out. The newcomer survived the frame, but certainly not enough to get his hand raised.

"I know I had said before that the change of opponent wouldn't make a difference, but I had to change a lot in my strategy," Natal said. "I was supposed to fight a taller southpaw, and then it changed completely. However, I knew that being called in, in such short notice, he wouldn't have enough time to get in shape, so I thought that although I lost the first round I was going to get the second and third, and that's what happened."

"It was very moving to fight at home, but I'm not going to make any excuses," Zeferino said. "I did my best, but he was better than me and deserved the win. Now I'll keep on going and I hope to keep fighting in the UFC."

Natal (16-4-1 MMA, 4-2-1 UFC) won for the second straight time and fourth time in five bouts. Zeferino (13-5 MMA, 0-1 UFC) had a seven-fight win streak snapped in his UFC debut.

Kemal
19-05-2013, 08:00
Rafael dos Anjos edges Evan Dunham

Duking it out to break into the lightweight division's top-10, Rafael dos Anjos and Evan Dunham left everything in the cage over 15 minutes.

In the end, though, the Brazilian dos Anjos edged out Dunham on scorecards, taking home a unanimous decision.

The lightweight bout was part of Saturday's UFC on FX 8 event at Arena Jaragua in Jaragua do Sul, Santa Catarina, Brazil. It aired on the FX-televised main card following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Dos Anjos kept his pace high early in the fight, attacking Dunham with kicks. Dunham appeared slightly slower in exchanges, but managed to return fire in close. A brief ground exchange saw the American pick up a few points.

Dunham took the fight back to the mat early in the second, but he was forced to defend a submission attempt. Dos Anjos found his range midway through the round, scoring with a pair of stiff left hands. That prompted Dunham to attempt another takedown, but he was stifled by Dos Anjos, who began to bleed generously from a cut on his right eye. The crimson seemed to motivate Dunham, who upped the pace late in the frame.

Likely tied going into the third frame, Dunham kept the pressure on as Dos Anjos looked to counter. The Brazilian countered well to the body, though he was unable to stop Dunham, who mixed his combinations with takedown attempts. By the fight's end, both were swinging for the fences, but it was Dunham that was landing with more frequency.

Dunham's late-fight rally ultimately wasn't enough to sway judges, who scored the fight unanimously for dos Anjos (19-6 MMA, 8-4 UFC), 29-28, who's now won four straight. Dunham (14-4 MMA, 7-4 UFC), meanwhile, is back on the road to redemption after outpointing Gleison Tibau at UFC 156.

Kemal
19-05-2013, 08:01
Ronaldo Souza makes easy work of Chris Camozzi

One of the most anticipated UFC debuts in years didn't disappoint.

Ronaldo Souza made easy work of Chris Camozzi, locking up an arm-triangle choke in the first round that quickly had the American losing consciousness. "Jacare" won in front of his home Brazilian fans at the 3:37 mark – then started thinking about a fight against one of his country's legends or the man who once took his Strikeforce title.

The middleweight bout co-headlined Saturday's UFC on FX 8 event at Arena Jaragua in Jaragua do Sul, Santa Catarina, Brazil. It aired on FX following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Camozzi put together a quick combination, but was countered by a Souza right hand. Forty seconds in, Souza tied Camozzi up and looked for a takedown to get into his world on the ground. But Camozzi defended and was able to break apart.

But he was rocked by a Souza right hand and taken down. As Souza worked to pass Camozzi's guard, he landed some good shots from up top. But midway through the frame, "Jacare" jumped to side control. When Camozzi tried to roll out, Souza looked for an omoplata. Camozzi survived for the time being, but it wouldn't be for long.

Back in side control, Souza easily jumped to mount. He then moved back to side control, trapped Camozzi's right arm by his neck, locked up the arm-triangle choke and the fight was stopped as Camozzi started to go out.

The former Strikeforce middleweight champion said after the fight he wants to fight the winner of the middleweight main event between Vitor Belfort and Luke Rockhold, who took his Strikeforce belt in September 2011. He also thanked the crowd for making first-time UFC jitters a myth, at least for him.

"Everyone was asking if I was going to get the jitters, but I didn't because of the crowd – the crowd has been fantastic," Souza said. "We were grappling, and I was waiting for him to give me the opportunity. I saw his neck, and I just went for it."

Souza (18-3 MMA, 1-0 UFC) won for the fourth straight time since losing to Rockhold. Camozzi (19-6 MMA, 6-3 UFC), who moved up from a fight against Rafael Natal when Constantinos Philippou had to pull out three weeks ago, had a four-fight win streak snapped.

Kemal
19-05-2013, 08:02
Vitor Belfort blasts Luke Rockhold via wheel kick

The young dinosaur continues to put away young lions.

Known for his lightning-fast hands, former UFC champion Vitor Belfort shocked ex-Strikeforce titleholder Luke Rockhold with a wheel kick before fully removing him from consciousness in the first round.

The middleweight bout headlined Saturday's UFC on FX 8 event at Arena Jaragua in Jaragua do Sul, Santa Catarina, Brazil. It aired on FX following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Belfort's highlight-reel performance marked the second time he's used a kick to bring a fight to a swift halt. In his previous outing, he dispatched top contender Michael Bisping with a head kick and punches.

Like Bisping, Rockhold, who relinquished his Strikeforce belt when the promotion folded shop earlier this year, hoped to cement his status as a UFC contender. Instead, he found himself a victim of Belfort's pinpoint striking when referee Leon Roberts waved off the fight at the 2:32 mark of the first round.

"The Phenom," who months prior to the fight was told he needed several knockout wins to get another title shot at Anderson Silva's belt, declined to use his victory to ask the UFC to reconsider. But the promotion may end up doing just that.

"I'm here to fight," he told the cheering crowd. "I don't pick fights. I accept fights."

Rockhold was a slight betting favorite heading into the headliner, which ended a contentious buildup between the middleweights. Rockhold blasted Belfort's use of doctor-prescribed testosterone and got in Belfort's face at the weigh-ins.

But afterward, he gave Belfort respect.

"He landed a spinning heel kick to the head," Rockhold said. "Kudos to him."

Belfort attempted the kick he used to end the fight early in the first frame, but Rockhold managed to elude it. The Strikeforce vet shot early for a takedown but was rebuffed. The two continued to snipe at each other before Belfort's sudden explosion.

Belfort (23-10 MMA, 12-6 UFC) now boasts back-to-back victories in the middleweight division following an unsuccessful attempt at light-heavyweight champ Jon Jones' belt. Rockhold (10-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC), who hadn't fought in 10 months prior to UFC on FX 8, sees a nine-fight win streak snapped.

Kemal
19-05-2013, 08:03
UFC on FX 8 bonuses: Belfort, Souza, Martins, Larsen earn $50,000

Vitor Belfort, Ronaldo Souza, Lucas Martins and Jeremy Larsen each earned $50,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday's UFC on FX 8 event.

Belfort earned the "Knockout of the Night," Souza won "Submission of the Night" and Martins and Larsen picked up "Fight of the Night" honors.

UFC officials announced the winners following Saturday's card.

UFC on FX 8 took place at Arena Jaragua in Jaragua do Sul, Santa Catarina, Brazil. The main card aired on FX following prelims on FUEL TV and Facebook.

In the main event, Belfort (23-10 MMA, 12-6 UFC) turned in one of the best knockouts in recent memory when he drilled Luke Rockhold (10-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) with a spinning back kick flush on the chin. Rockhold, the final Strikeforce middleweight champion, dropped immediately and Belfort finished him on the ground. It was the second straight head kick knockout win in Brazil for Belfort after losing a light heavyweight title fight to Jon Jones this past September.

Souza (18-3 MMA, 1-0 UFC) made an impressive UFC debut by submitting Chris Camozzi (19-6 MMA, 6-3 UFC) with a first-round arm-triangle choke. The former Strikeforce middleweight champion made easy work of Camozzi, who took the fight on short notice, moving up the card from a fight against Rafael Natal when Constantinos Philppou pulled out of the fight with Souza with an injury.

Martins (13-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and Jeremy Larsen (8-4 MMA, 0-2 UFC) battled back and forth for the first two rounds of the night's opening fight, trading big bombs and momentum swings. Although the first 10 minutes were a little short on technical mastery, they were high on excitement. But quickly in the third, Larsen walked right into a Martins punch while landing one of his own, and he was out on the canvas with two Martins follow-up shots for good measure.

Kemal
19-05-2013, 08:10
Vitor Belfort vs. Luke Rockhold fight video highlights (http://msn.foxsports.com/video?videoid=f03def10-146a-4f32-b9bb-093c1e2a6e3e&src=v5:share:sharepermalink:&from=sharepermalink)

Kemal
19-05-2013, 08:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OtK3lFbX6FE

mario the count
19-05-2013, 11:09
Mooie KO van Belfort.

mmacentral
19-05-2013, 13:06
awesome! Vet om de oude lion te zien winnen van de jonge. Hij wordt geen dag ouder zo lijkt het wel.

bryan
19-05-2013, 13:31
awesome! Vet om de oude lion te zien winnen van de jonge. Hij wordt geen dag ouder zo lijkt het wel.

TRT

Diaz bros
19-05-2013, 13:39
TRT

die trap had weinig met TRT te maken, zat er gewoon perfect op. Vitor is de laatste jaren echt veel beter gaan trappen zeg, iedereen kan het over TRT hebben wat overigens het grappigste van alles is gewoon legaal is maar die laatste 2 partijen van hem plaats hij gewoon 2 goede trappen op z'n tegenstander, dat heeft niks met TRT te maken of bevordert dat nu ineens je techniek?

appelsap
19-05-2013, 15:32
Harry Hooft bedankt.

hypergiant
19-05-2013, 16:23
Denk dat Jacare ipv Vitor de grootste bedreiging vormt voor Anderson. Het zijn trainingsmaatjes dus ik weet niet hoe dat uit gaat pakken.

Glen
19-05-2013, 17:23
Harry Hooft bedankt.
Exactemundo!!

pronk
19-05-2013, 18:02
Mooie KO , hij zal wel 100X Jezus in het portugees hebben bedankt.

Ik zou graag Wandy vs Vitor ll willen zien nu.

bryan
19-05-2013, 22:01
die trap had weinig met TRT te maken, zat er gewoon perfect op. Vitor is de laatste jaren echt veel beter gaan trappen zeg, iedereen kan het over TRT hebben wat overigens het grappigste van alles is gewoon legaal is maar die laatste 2 partijen van hem plaats hij gewoon 2 goede trappen op z'n tegenstander, dat heeft niks met TRT te maken of bevordert dat nu ineens je techniek?

onzin. je wordt niet ineens sneller op je 36. en het feit dat het "legaal" is maakt het nog niet ok. In de MLB was een tijd een bepaalde drug ook legaal door een maas in de regelgeving. TRT is de nieuwe maas in de regelgeving. Los van het feit dat je lage levels vaak al zijn veroorzaakt door anabolen. Door de test levels te verhogen kan je langer en harder trainen en bovendien herstel je sneller. Bovendien heeft het ook nog een sterk effect op je kracht en explosiviteit. Dus TRT is een MAJOR reden waarom Vitor ineens weer zo goed presteert. Tuurlijk hij moet de trap nog maken etc... maar het is een verschil van dag en nacht met of zonder TRT check ook maar eens de tweets van Brian Stann die dat zelf aangeeft. TRT wordt binnen afzienbare tijd echt verboden... is gewoon een " briefje van je moeder" of anabolen te nemen.

Damian_Gray
19-05-2013, 22:11
zijn er nog ergens filmpjes te bekijken?

Kemal
19-05-2013, 22:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8yQ1XKQRIVo

Kemal
19-05-2013, 22:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t3ObY8kJGk&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
19-05-2013, 22:15
Wel mooi dat Belfort zegt: "I'm strong than ever.." ;)

goro
19-05-2013, 23:00
Vitor heeft die trap geleerd van Nakahara --> Kyokushin
Waar kan ik TRT vinden? Ik wil dat ook hebben!

Pahlavan
20-05-2013, 14:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8yQ1XKQRIVo

Voor de luie mensen onder ons, spoel door naar 18:30. Iemand stelt vitor een vraag over zijn trt gebruik en vitor is niet bepaald blij met deze vraag....

triest ventje. Als je het gebruikt moet je er ook over kunnen praten. Hoe meer je er geheimzinnig over doet, des te meer mensen erover zullen praten. Ik was vroeger wel een vitor fan maar dat is nu wel anders. Hypocriet ventje

ChingChong
20-05-2013, 14:26
zijn er nog ergens filmpjes te bekijken?
ja

Naj85
20-05-2013, 14:34
http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w566/Clasonic/771918052_zps104b8410.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JOaI52ntvi4/UZg35WT6AII/AAAAAAAAiX4/kDrowpYkZks/s1600/Chris+Camozzi+vs.+Ronaldo+Souza+1.gif

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/771850097.gif?1368915921

mario the count
20-05-2013, 15:19
Voor de luie mensen onder ons, spoel door naar 18:30. Iemand stelt vitor een vraag over zijn trt gebruik en vitor is niet bepaald blij met deze vraag....

triest ventje. Als je het gebruikt moet je er ook over kunnen praten. Hoe meer je er geheimzinnig over doet, des te meer mensen erover zullen praten. Ik was vroeger wel een vitor fan maar dat is nu wel anders. Hypocriet ventje

Die reactie van vitor was ook typisch een reactie van iemand aan de test:D

mmacentral
20-05-2013, 15:24
TRT of niet, die trap zat er gewoon goed op. Er zit uiteraard een zeer verdacht luchtje aan dat TRT gebruik maar het verandert mijns inziens weinig. Alle andere vechters hebben uiteindelijk ook toegang hiertoe of tot andere PEDs, geen manier om te zeggen of Rockhold bijvoorbeeld ook aan het kuren is ja of nee. Die kan net zo goed stijf van de juice staan. TRT is een min of meer "legale" vervanging. Geen wonder dat het vooral atleten zijn die al langer meedraaien in MMA (Hendo, Vitor) die een TRT vrijbrief krijgen. Gasten kuren waarschijnlijk al zo lang dat hun testosteron waardes niet uit zichzelf weer op peil komen. Zolang er een stigma blijft rusten op PED's en de regulering blijft zoals ie nu is, zul je altijd methoden als TRT zien in mijn optiek. Over 5 jaar heet het beestje weer anders, maar het principe blijft IMO hetzelfde. Andere vechters die die vrijbrief (nog) niet hebben hebben een dokter die ze waarschijnlijk precies vertelt wanneer ze met hun kuur moeten stoppen om niet tegen de lamp te lopen. Gaat soms mis, vechters worden suspended en betalen een boete, nobody gives a fuck en daarna vechten ze weer. Kijk naar Josh Barnett bijvoorbeeld. Dana werd ook niet boos op Alistair bijvoorbeeld omdat hij gebruikte, maar omdat hij werd gepakt. Het is in mijn ogen sowieso een level playing field, alleen gebruiken bepaalde vechters andere methoden dan anderen.