PDA

View Full Version : Miesha Tate awarded 'TUF 18' coaching spot, Ronda Rousey rematch following Cat injury

Pahlavan
29-05-2013, 11:21
A Cat Zingano knee injury has opened the door to the most-anticipated rematch in women's MMA history.

Miesha Tate will now coach opposite UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey on the 18th season of "The Ultimate Fighter," the promotion announced Tuesday evening. Zingano suffered a serious injury earlier this month, which forced her out of the reality show and eventual title fight against Rousey in December.

As a result, Tate will now get a chance to avenge last year's loss to Rousey following the taping of the show. TUF 18 premieres Sept. 4 on the new FOX Sports 1 cable channel.

According to a Yahoo! Sports report, Zingano underwent surgery on her right knee on Tuesday to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament and meniscus, as well as to clean up other damage. Zingano, who defeated Tate on April 13 to earn a shot at Rousey and a coaching spot on the show, is hoping to resume training in six-to-nine months, and according to the same report, has been promised a title shot upon her return.

Rousey was reportedly told of the switch during the show's first day of filming on Tuesday. When Tate appeared on the set, Rousey thought Tate was replacing her on the show and stormed off. She was then notified that it was Zingano who was being replaced.

"This is what we really wanted all along," Rousey told Yahoo! Sports. "Everyone said an Ultimate Fighter between me and Miesha would be the best. We have a personal history with each other and this is a personal show. For some reason, I me and Miesha are intertwined in fate like Ali and Frazier or something like that.

"I think people will look back at this as one of monumental rivalries and look back at this as one of those things that really cemented women's MMA."

Tate was scheduled to fight Liz Carmouche at UFC on FOX 8 in July. Carmouche has yet to receive a new opponent.

No specific date has officially been announced for Rousey-Tate rematch. Rousey defeated Tate to win the Strikeforce bantamweight title in March 2012. She won her UFC debut against Carmouche in February via first-round armbar.

Naj85
29-05-2013, 12:10
Mooi! Had veel liever tate vs rousey gezien
Ultimate bitchfight

ChingChong
29-05-2013, 12:16
Een knie heb je toch niet nodig om te coachen./..

Turboknecht
29-05-2013, 13:09
Ik kan me voorstellen dat je na zo'n operatie even tijd nodig hebt om te revalideren.

Mule-Kick
29-05-2013, 14:05
Jammer voor Cat, maar maakt wss wel leukere TV. Ben benieuwd naar dit seizoen aangezien ze mannen en vrouwen gaan mixen in 1 huis zover ik begrepen heb.

steftheboxer
29-05-2013, 14:27
Dus nu krijgt Miesha Tate de mogelijkheid om te gaan coachen en vechten tegen Rousey voor de titel terwijl ze van een loss afkomt?

Is volgens mij in 2013 al de vierde keer dat een kampioen zijn titel verdedigt tegen een tegenstander die van een loss afkomt.
Het lijkt mij dat de UFC momenteel grote problemen heeft met zijn title contenders...

Klassikl
29-05-2013, 17:42
ooh GEIL!

Kemal
29-05-2013, 18:03
Jaa zal leuke beelden opleveren!

Nosferatu187
29-05-2013, 18:12
When Tate appeared on the set, Rousey thought Tate was replacing her on the show and stormed off. She was then notified that it was Zingano who was being replaced.

wat een snolletje is het ook die Rousey.