PDA

View Full Version : Roy Jones Jr accepts Anderson Silva's challenge

Naj85
08-06-2013, 16:11
In an interview with the NY post, Anderson Silva revealed that he would very much like to do a boxing super fight with Roy Jones Jr, more so than any other super fight in MMA. Yesterday, TMZ was able to catch up with the boxing super star who responded directly to his challenge:
"I don't like wasting time. I don't want to talk about something that's not going to happen so if you want to do it, I would love to do it," Jones Jr. told TMZ. "Of course if we're going to do it shortly, if it's two, three years down the line I can't make no promise. But if we're going to do it immediately right away like after the next fight, then it can happen."
Many wonder why the 38-year-old Silva, who is still capable of handily defeating the elite in his own sport, would want to jump into a boxing ring against one of the best to ever lace up a pair of gloves.
Jones Jr. has his own take on that, and believes it's simply because Silva wants to challenge himself and put his skills to the test in a new element.
"He might not necessarily think he can get me but he might want to find out can he get me," Jones Jr. explained. "He might not 100 percent think that but he might want to see how good he could do. Could he get me? So he knows he's good enough because he's been getting everybody over there, so he feel like, ‘If I'm that good why don't I try the best at that?' You got to respect him for that but the best at that don't run from nothing."

Noahri
08-06-2013, 16:24
Ik ben een fan van Anderson Silva, maar ik heb hem een keer een sparpartij boxing zien draaien tijdens welke hij rake klappen kreeg... Roy Jones jr. zou daarom niet echt een verstandige partij voor hem zijn, beter dat hij stopt als onverslagen sinds hij in de UFC zit.

Pansier
08-06-2013, 16:53
Ik ben een fan van Anderson Silva, maar ik heb hem een keer een sparpartij boxing zien draaien tijdens welke hij rake klappen kreeg... Roy Jones jr. zou daarom niet echt een verstandige partij voor hem zijn, beter dat hij stopt als onverslagen sinds hij in de UFC zit.

Het is geen schande om tegen Roy Jones te ''verliezen'' in een bokspartij. Make it happen !

Noahri
08-06-2013, 17:26
Wel zonde van zijn record.