PDA

View Full Version : UFC 167: Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks

adenane
19-06-2013, 10:31
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White made the Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks welterweight title bout official last week, and now the highly anticipated fight has a date and location.

According to a report by Ariel Helwani on Tuesday's (June 18, 2013) edition of "UFC Tonight" on FUEL TV, the 170-pound title match up will take place in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Nov. 17, 2013.

At this time a venue has not been announced for the card; however, it will likely take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena or the Mandalay Bay Events Center.

White has said for a while now that he wants to bring "Rush" back to "Sin City" for his next fight, and now it's official.

Hendricks earned his shot at the French-Canadian's belt after stringing together six-straight victories inside the Octagon, highlighted by wins over Jon Fitch, Josh Koscheck, Martin Kampmann and most recently, former interim UFC champion Carlos Condit.

The 29-year-old claims he has an "easy as that" game plan to defeat St. Pierre and once he does, expects that he will have to give an immediate rematch and defeat St. Pierre for a second time.

It was viewed as a possibility that Hendricks was going to get skipped over for a shot at a world championship if St. Pierre opted to participate in a "super fight" with middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

However, since St. Pierre "absolutely knows" that "The Spider" is going to be defeated by Chris Weidman at UFC 162 next month, he is going forward and taking on the next big challenge in his own weight class.

MMAmania.com will have more information on the Nov. 16, 2013, UFC pay-per-view (PPV) fight card as soon as it becomes available.

BRON (http://www.mmamania.com/2013/6/18/4443738/georges-st-pierre-vs-johny-hendricks-ufc-title-fight-date-set-for-nov-16-in-las-vegas-mma)

Gaat het er gelukkig toch gewoon van komen ipv zoeken naar een uitdaging in een andere divisie!! Mocht GSP winnen, dan kan ie zwaarder vechten, maar denk dat Hendricks toch wel een goede kans maakt!!

Kemal
19-06-2013, 10:51
mooie pot kan dat worden!

jantje11
19-06-2013, 12:26
Wat ik mis in de laatste gevechten om de belt, is dat de challenger vaak weinig risisco durft te nemen.
Iets wat Melendez en Velasquez wel deden, en wat ook zeker johny hendricks moet gaan doen anders krijgen we weer GSP op de grond bovenop hendricks.

Als Big Rigg die Linkse goed laat wappere zou die wel eens van GSP kunnen winnen

appelsap
19-06-2013, 12:54
Wat ik mis in de laatste gevechten om de belt, is dat de challenger vaak weinig risisco durft te nemen.
Iets wat Melendez en Velasquez wel deden, en wat ook zeker johny hendricks moet gaan doen anders krijgen we weer GSP op de grond bovenop hendricks.

Als Big Rigg die Linkse goed laat wappere zou die wel eens van GSP kunnen winnen

GSP kan alleen op Hendricks (blijven) liggen als Hendricks dronken of KO is........ Mooie pot omdat Hendricks wel naar voren durft te vechten. Kijken of GSP voldoende kan bewegen en scoren om niet op die harde tik te lopen, en/of voor het eerst serieus tegen de mat gegooid te worden........

Serpentir
19-06-2013, 13:09
Ik hoop op Hendricks, vind die kerel echt geweldig ;)

jantje11
19-06-2013, 13:35
Ik ben ook zeker voor hendricks, ook omdat er toch iets nederlands in zit.

Wordt tijd dat GSP is echt gesloopt gaat worden

VVDH
19-06-2013, 13:42
Tijd voor een finish voor de belt in die division, hopelijk wint Hendricks met een mooie KO.
Die decisions van GSP ben ik nou wel klaar mee...

Chane
19-06-2013, 14:29
Jezus... wat ver weg nog :/

Bromios
19-06-2013, 15:18
Jezus... wat ver weg nog :/

Dan hebben ze meer tijd om geblesseerd te raken.

Kemal
19-06-2013, 20:20
Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks slotted for Nov. 16, likely as UFC 167

The recently announced title fight between UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre (24-2 MMA, 18-2 UFC) and top contender Johny Hendricks (15-1 MMA, 10-1 UFC) now has a date.

The show will headline a pay-per-view on Nov. 16, likely UFC 167.

MMAjunkie previously reported the likely date, and UFC officials confirmed it with Ariel Helwani on Tuesday's edition of "UFC Tonight" on FUEL TV.

Although a venue isn't set, the event will take place in Las Vegas, likely at MGM Grand Garden Arena or Mandalay Bay Events Center. Following St-Pierre's latest title defense in March, UFC President Dana White said he wanted the champ's next fight to be in Las Vegas rather than his home country of Canada.

No other fights currently are rumored for the card.

St-Pierre currently is ranked No. 1 and Hendricks No. 2 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA welterweight rankings. Additionally, St-Pierre is No. 3 and Hendricks No. 10 in the pound-for-pound rankings.

Hendricks defeated Carlos Condit in March at UFC 158 and was promised the next title shot. On the same card, St-Pierre topped Nick Diaz in the main event. Diaz had actually jumped the line ahead of Hendricks despite the fact he was coming back from a yearlong suspension and a loss to Condit in his previous outing.

Hendricks, who gets a title shot now two years in the making, now has won six straight fights, which includes impressive first-round knockouts of Jon Fitch and Martin Kampmann. St-Pierre, meanwhile, has defended his title eight consecutive times with 11 straight victories overall. His win over Diaz came after a long layoff due to a knee injury and subsequent surgery.

Leventdepevent
22-06-2013, 00:55
ik gun het ze allebei eigenlijk wel

Pahlavan
11-08-2013, 19:53
LAS VEGAS, NV -- Among all the insults and accusations Nick Diaz hurled at Georges St-Pierre during the lead-up to UFC 158, only one really bothered the UFC welterweight champion.

In the days before their title bout, Diaz lobbed numerous allegations of steroid abuse at St-Pierre. "I believe [St-Pierre] is on plenty of steroids, and I don't think they test around here, either," Diaz proclaimed on Canada's Sportsnet Radio.

"I doubt I'll be tested. I don't care what they're saying or marketing to the media -- and if so, he's probably got a bottle of p--s in his pocket. I doubt they're standing over him making sure he's not on steroids."

Both St-Pierre and Diaz ultimately passed post-fight drug tests, however with the accusation of steroid abuse out there, St-Pierre invited more stringent Olympic-style drug testing to MMA. Now, with the next defense of his belt set for November, St-Pierre is making good on that promise.

"One reporter asked me if I would be willing to be tested. I said yes, I would be willing to be tested with VADA," St-Pierre told MMAFighting.com. "I believe that VADA is the best anti-doping agency in the world. And I'm willing to be tested. You cannot be against [it]."

St-Pierre's UFC 167 dance partner, Johny Hendricks, wasted little time agreeing to St-Pierre's terms, and now the two are slated to undergo VADA testing prior to their winter welterweight clash, all on St-Pierre's dime.

"I'm ready to pay [for our testing] myself, because I'm the champion," St-Pierre said. "All from my purse, I paid for the tests because I'm the champion. That's why I'm ready, I'm ready to do it. That's a point I want to make.

"I wouldn't mind doing it for the rest of my career," he continued. "Of course it sucks. They can come anytime, you have to give your address and then [VADA representatives come] in the morning. It sucks. But it's my sport and it could be an inconvenience of my job, I'll do it no problem."

Ask St-Pierre if Diaz's remarks led him down this current path, and the 32-year-old champ will flatly deny it. He insists Diaz's chatter was always just background noise, and he paid it no mind.

Nonetheless, Hendricks has already been far more measured in his criticism of St-Pierre than the Canadian's former opponent, and it's clear St-Pierre appreciates it.

"The talking never hurt nobody. It comes in one ear and goes out the other," St-Pierre concluded. "I don't care. I don't mind. Johny doesn't need to speak. I know he's a gentleman, and he's a great, skillful athlete. His performances speak for themselves.

"A lot of people accuse me [of taking PEDs]. For me, when they accuse me, I take that as a compliment. I believe they compliment my athleticism. I want to prove also that it's possible to be champion without using drugs, and I know VADA is the most professional, it is the best for that."

Richelieu
11-08-2013, 23:13
Niemand minder dan de "Gunslinger" John Wayne Parr zal GSP's staande werk trouwens proberen te verbeteren de komende tijd.

pronk
12-08-2013, 03:37
Voorheen deed , JC Skarbowsky dat als het goed is.

Richelieu
13-08-2013, 08:48
https://sphotos-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/971416_10151807838965792_199079606_n.jpg

bryan
13-08-2013, 09:37
Ben een GSP fan.... Maar Lance deed dit soort shit ook. Geloof gewoon niet dat er NIET gebruikt wordt op top niveau

Nelisje
13-08-2013, 10:19

Klopt, die heeft tijdens TUF met zijn zatte harses heel team GSP alle hoeken van de cage laten zien. Maar GSP traint met heel veel mensen. Verder zegt deze test me niet veel, AO deed ook diverse tests die zogenaamd strenger waren dan de standaard tests, en die vonden niets en de NSAC tests wel.

Kemal
13-08-2013, 10:50
Niemand minder dan de "Gunslinger" John Wayne Parr zal GSP's staande werk trouwens proberen te verbeteren de komende tijd.

Dat kan niet anders dan dat zijn staande werk nog beter wordt met JWP erbij.

Tony
13-08-2013, 11:24

Jeps, wat een figuur was dat he... Stond ie dan met zijn fles wodka lowkicks uit te delen.

Hier een videootje van hem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDTuFKqhafM

bladetrinity
13-08-2013, 12:13
Jeps, wat een figuur was dat he... Stond ie dan met zijn fles wodka lowkicks uit te delen.

Hier een videootje van hem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDTuFKqhafM

Ja echt een geweldige gast. Persoonlijk vond ik dat een van de leukste tuf momenten.

Richelieu
13-08-2013, 12:42
Ja echt een geweldige gast. Persoonlijk vond ik dat een van de leukste tuf momenten.

Zijn daar beelden van?

Nelisje
13-08-2013, 12:56
Niet de meest snelle verbinding.. maar begint bij ongeveer 7 minuten.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjE0Njk4MzQw.html

Kemal
14-08-2013, 20:51
Vitor Belfort vs. Lyoto Machida possible UFC 167 co-headliner – at middleweight

Vitor Belfort and Lyoto Machida could meet in the co-headliner of November's big UFC 167 event, but there's a twist.

Rather than light heavyweight, where Machida (19-4 MMA, 11-4 UFC) has fought and previously held the UFC title, UFC President Dana White would want him to fight fellow Brazilian Belfort (23-10 MMA, 12-6 UFC) at middleweight.

That's the word from Tuesday's edition of "UFC Tonight" and reporter Ariel Helwani.

UFC 167 takes place place Nov. 16 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The pay-per-view event, which serves as the UFC's 20th anniversary show, features a headliner between welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and challenger Johny Hendricks. Belfort vs. Machida could take the second spot on the card.

The booking, though, faces some issues. Machida hasn't fought at middleweight, and Belfort said he doesn't want to compete in the division unless he's granted a title shot.

For Machida, who recently dropped a controversial decision to Phil Davis at UFC 163, it could be a possibility. He didn't consider a move to middleweight because the division previously was ruled by friend and training partner Anderson Silva. However, with Silva recently surrendering his belt to Chris Weidman, the former titleholder may now be more eager.

Prior to the Davis fight (which every major media outlet scored for the Machida), he was on a 3-1 run and inching closer to a title shot.

Belfort, meanwhile, recently turned down a planned bout with Tim Kennedy because of his title demands. Additionally, his attempt to call out Chael Sonnen for a non-middleweight bout didn't really go anywhere (largely because Sonnen is scheduled to fight Mauricio Rua at Saturday's UFC Fight Night 26 event). However, the recent middleweight and light-heavyweight title challenger has won two straight and four of his past five. Most recently, he blasted final Strikeforce champ Luke Rockhold with a spinning heel kick and follow-up punches at UFC on FX 8 in May.

Richelieu
14-08-2013, 22:51
Holding pads for George St Pierre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TOIw0KB-CaE#at=23

Richelieu
14-08-2013, 22:59
https://sphotos-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/282942_10151811464500792_159297213_n.jpg

bryan
15-08-2013, 00:00
Tja.... de gemiddelde B klasse vechter in Nederland is indrukwekkender op de pads...

Nelisje
15-08-2013, 10:15
In de omschrijving staat dat het de eerste keer op de pads is samen. Maar vond het inderdaad ook niet heel indrukwekkend. Maar GSP is dan ook niet echt een top (kick)bokser. Als JWP ook maar 1x half gas zou geven had hij GSP in no time op de mat liggen. Maar daarom is het ook goed dat hij een poging doet om zijn stand-up te verbeteren, vind het alleen vreemd dat het zo slecht lijkt, JC Skarbowsky is toch ook geen pannekoek, hij had al veel verder moeten zijn lijkt me, vooral voor iemand met zijn capaciteiten.

Baske
15-08-2013, 10:52
Zou 't zijn om Hendricks te kloten en 'm de illusie te geven dat hij kan blijven staan met GSP? Om vervolgens zoiets als Koscheck te doen?

Kemal
21-08-2013, 20:02
Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald set for UFC 167

A planned welterweight matchup with big implications for the division's title picture is set for this fall.

Several days after UFC President Dana White confirmed that the promotion would book a fight between Rory MacDonald (15-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) and Robbie Lawler (21-9 MMA, 6-3 UFC), MMAjunkie has learned the fight is targeted for UFC 167, a pay-per-view event that takes place Nov. 16 at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Following the initial report, UFC officials confirmed the booking.

Both fighters are coming off significant wins and could take a step closer to a title shot with a win, which may or may not put the UFC in an awkward position.

MacDonald, who recently outpointed Jake Ellenberger in a lackluster affair at UFC on FOX 8, has said he will not fight training partner and welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre. He might not have to, however.

St-Pierre headlines UFC 167 against challenger Johny Hendricks, who many believe could be the first person to beat him in six years.

Lawler, who knocked out Bobby Volker with a head kick just prior to MacDonald's win, will do his best to make the issue moot. The former EliteXC champion is surging since rejoining the UFC with the shuttering of Strikeforce earlier this year, earning back-to-back knockouts over such opponents as Voelker and onetime welterweight title challenger Josh Koscheck.

As of late, White has been far more generous in his praise of Lawler than MacDonald, whose performance he blasted following UFC on FOX 8.

"Rory didn't do anything to try and finish [Ellenberger] and put a stamp on it and make a statement, not only to the world, but to the guys that are in the division."

Despite his criticism, White is adamant that MacDonald will fight St-Pierre if the opportunity comes.

"If you don't think he wants to be the world champion and make the kind of money that Georges St-Pierre makes, you're crazy, my friend," White told reporters prior to the July 27 event.

Kemal
22-08-2013, 17:48
Chael Sonnen asks for Wanderlei Silva at UFC 167, White says it's possible

The potential for a Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva fight inched a little closer to reality on Wednesday night, but it apparently will hinge on Silva's health.

Sonnen (29-13-1 MMA, 7-6 UFC), fresh off a big submission win over Mauricio Rua in the main event of UFC Fight Night 26 on Saturday, issued a challenge to his boss, UFC President Dana White, to put the fight against Silva (35-12-1 MMA, 5-7 UFC) together as the co-main event of November's UFC 167 card.

While White was an in-studio guest on Wednesday's "FOX Sports Live," a taped video was played wherein Sonnen, who also works as a UFC analyst for FOX Sports and as co-host of "UFC Tonight," asked White to make the fight.

"Dana, it is no secret that I am the biggest draw and the highest paid athlete in the UFC, and the only person that comes close to rivaling me is Georges St-Pierre," Sonnen said. "And as I see it, in November, when he takes on Johny Hendricks live and in Las Vegas – tickets on sale now – he does not have a co-main event. I ask that you put me and Wanderlei Silva on that card."

UFC 167 takes place Nov. 16 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, and St-Pierre defends his welterweight title against Hendricks on pay-per-view.

Sonnen also referenced comments Silva made that he would be willing to bet $100,000 on Rua, his fellow Brazilian, against Sonnen. Sonnen submitted "Shogun" with a first-round guillotine choke in the main event at TD Garden in Boston.

"He said last week publicly that he would bet $100,000 on 'Shogun' against me," Sonnen said. "I came out publicly and accepted that bet. He has yet to pay up. I am asking that $50,000 go to the Hire Heroes Foundation headed by Brian Stann and the other $50,000 go to the bombing victims of Boston. I don't know if he's a welcher – I believe he will pay up. But either way, I ask you, Dana White, my plea to you: Please, put this fight together."

For his part, White said it's a fight he would like to make – if Silva is healthy.

"Well, there you go," White said. "We can do that fight. The question, I think, is Wanderlei Silva is out until the beginning of the year. I'm not sure if he's healthy. But if he's healthy, I will definitely make that fight, and I will definitely make it the co-main event."

Silva in March knocked out Stann in the main event of UFC on FUEL TV 8 in Japan. He won both "Knockout of the Night" and "Fight of the Night" bonuses for the performance at light heavyweight.

Sonnen fought Rua at light heavyweight, but did not indicate if he would want a fight against Silva, also a former middleweight, to take place back at 185 pounds, at 205 or at a catchweight.

Silva has bounced between wins and losses the past four years. His return to the UFC in 2007 started with a "Fight of the Year" loss to Chuck Liddell, and after beating Keith Jardine, he dropped fights to Quinton Jackson and Rich Franklin. He rebounded by beating Michael Bisping, but was knocked out by Chris Leben after that. He won "Fight of the Night" for his TKO of Cung Le at UFC 139, won another bonus in a loss to Franklin at UFC 147, and then returned to the win column against Stann.

Sonnen snapped a two-fight skid with his win over Rua. Before that, he had lost a light heavyweight title fight to champ Jon Jones and a middleweight title fight to then-champ Anderson Silva.

Bromios
22-08-2013, 23:04
https://sphotos-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/971416_10151807838965792_199079606_n.jpg

Dat shirt :)

hankmoody
23-08-2013, 00:33
Ik denk eigenlijk dat Hendricks de betere wrestler is. Als GSP shoot is een een klein take down en dan een beetje hangen in de guard, maar als Hendricks shoot vliegt die gast helemaal door de lucht heen vaak in side control. Dan nog die enge linker hand van Hendricks. Maargoed GSP geen champ voor niks, erg skilled en ervaren.

breahule
23-08-2013, 01:28
Wandy - Sonnen gaat niet door. Wandy wil ppv knaken en krijgt ie niet. Dana: "So i guess he is retired"

:thown::thown:

Kemal
23-08-2013, 09:31
Former title challengers Josh Koscheck, Tyron Woodley meet at UFC 167 in Vegas

A pair of welterweights with extensive wrestling backgrounds looking for important rebound victories have been booked to meet this fall.

Former UFC title challenger Josh Koscheck (17-7 MMA, 15-7 UFC) will meet former Strikeforce title challenger Tyron Woodley (11-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) at UFC 167 in November. UFC officials announced the fight booking on Thursday.

UFC 167 takes place Nov. 16 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main card, featuring a welterweight title fight between champion Georges St-Pierre and top contender Johny Hendricks, airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook. Koscheck vs. Woodley is likely to be part of the main card.

Koscheck has dropped two straight fights and will be coming back from an injury that kept him out of a planned bout at UFC 163 against Demian Maia earlier this month. In May 2012, the veteran of the first season of "The Ultimate Fighter" had a two-fight win streak snapped by Hendricks with a split-decision loss. He followed that up with a first-round TKO loss to Robbie Lawler at UFC 157 for the first losing skid of his career.

Woodley, who fought Nate Marquardt for the vacant Strikeforce 170-pound title in July 2012, debuted in the UFC in a big way in February when he knocked out Jay Hieron in just 36 seconds. But in June, at UFC 161, he dropped a split decision to fellow former Strikeforce standout Jake Shields in a fight that was derided for a lack of excitement.

Both Koscheck and Woodley were collegiate All-American wrestlers. Koscheck was a four-time All-American who in 2001 won an NCAA title at 174 pounds for Edinboro (Pa.) University. And Woodley was a two-time All-American and a Big 12 champion at Missouri.

With the addition, the UFC 167 card now includes:

Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks
Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald
Josh Koscheck vs. Tyron Woodley

Ger Maan
06-09-2013, 07:19
Another noteworthy bout has been added to the UFC's 20th anniversary show, as two heavyweights in desperate need of a win, Alistair Overeem (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/122499/alistair-overeem) and Frank Mir (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/122495/frank-mir), will collide Nov. 16, 2013 at UFC 167 (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fight-card/142181/ufc-167-st-pierre-vs-hendricks).
UFC officials confirmed the match-up Thursday night, following an initial report by the Las Vegas Review-Journal (http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/mma-ufc/overeem-mir-bout-added-ufcs-20th-anniversary-card).
Overeem and Mir, both once ranked among the upper echelon in the heavyweight division, now find themselves struggling to stay above water following a recent string of losses.
For Overeem, (36-13, 1 NC), a former Strikeforce (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/promotion/strikeforce), DREAM (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/promotion/dream), and K-1 (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/promotion/k-1) champion, the road has been disastrous since serving a nine-month suspension in 2012 for elevated levels of testosterone. "The Reem" snatched defeat from the jaws of victory not just once, but twice, suffering brutal comeback knockouts at the hands of Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/122502/antonio-silva) and Travis Browne (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/122487/travis-browne).
In contrast, Mir's (16-8) recent three-fight skid has been less devastating, but far more one-sided. The 34-year-old lost a title bid against then-UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos in mid-2012, then went on to be soundly outpointed by Daniel Cormier (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/128882/daniel-cormier) last April. Most recently, Mir was knocked out in the first round against Josh Barnett (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/129198/josh-barnett), albeit via a polarizing stoppage.
UFC 167 takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV. An updated fight card can be seen below.

Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks
Rashad Evans vs. Chael Sonnen
Rory MacDonald vs. Robbie Lawler
Alistair Overeem vs. Frank Mir

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/5/4699906/ufc-167-fight-card-alistair-overeem-vs-frank-mir

micha
06-09-2013, 07:40
let"s get it on!!!!

Kemal
06-09-2013, 08:01
threads bij elkaar gezet
===

Nu maar hopen dat AO deze weet te pakken, anders zie ik het somber in voor hem..

Naj85
06-09-2013, 10:14
Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks
Rory MacDonald vs. Robbie Lawler
Alistair Overeem vs. Frank Mir

dikke card tot nu toe!
hopelijk blijft het een keertje ook zo zonder injuries enzo

mario the count
06-09-2013, 10:34
Dikke card idd. Heb er nu al zin in!!

e-type
06-09-2013, 11:02
wow, dit zijn wel mooie partijen hoor!
Erg jammer dat Wanderlei vs Chael niet door is gegaan....

cornelus
06-09-2013, 11:36
Wow.

Emilio
06-09-2013, 12:06
Op papier is elke wrestler een betere wrestler dan GSP. In de praktijk loopt t meestal anders.
Ik vermoed dat GSP (en zn team) slim genoeg is om met een gameplan te komen om die linkerstoot te vermijden.
Ik verwacht dat ze voornamelijk Hendricks zullen uitputten om zo snel het risico op een KO-stoot te verminderen.

En the Reem tegen Mir. Leuke matchup. We hebben gezien Wat Barnett tegen Mir kon doen tegen de kooi. Dat kan Overeem ook zeker doen.

Jabdealer
06-09-2013, 14:44
Zeker!

Mir heeft een matige standup en houdt er niet van om met zijn rug tegen de cage te vechten. Overeem kan goed clinchen, iets waarvan Mir heeft laten niet goed mee om te kunnen gaan. Daarnaast heeft Mir al 3 gevechten verloren. Overeem heeft op alles het voordeel, is favoriet en moet dit kunnen winnen!

Mijn voorspelling is dan ook dat Mir in de eerste ronde Overeem KO slaat.

Naj85
06-09-2013, 15:46
Zeker!

Mir heeft een matige standup en houdt er niet van om met zijn rug tegen de cage te vechten. Overeem kan goed clinchen, iets waarvan Mir heeft laten niet goed mee om te kunnen gaan. Daarnaast heeft Mir al 3 gevechten verloren. Overeem heeft op alles het voordeel, is favoriet en moet dit kunnen winnen!

je bedoelt andersom

Chane
06-09-2013, 15:53
Zeker!

Lol @ je conclusie :D

Pahlavan
06-09-2013, 17:37
Het is do or die voor beide heren, zowel voor alistair als mir. De UFC HW divisie is niet bepaald diep dus mocht er eentje verliezen dan zie ik niet snel tegen wie ze anders moeten vechten.

Zoals iemand anders al zei heeft mir vaak problemen met vechters die hem tegen de kooi plaatsen en daar te werk gaan met korte stoten en knieen (zie barnett en carwin).
Persoonlijk ben ik van beide heren geen liefhebber so may the best man win.

Turboknecht
06-09-2013, 17:51
Wel ironisch dat juist dat clinchen best wel slecht is voor Cees zijn benzinetank. Hij zou Mir natuurlijk prima moeten kunnen hebben, maar na de vorige twee partijen lijkt het me duidelijk dat alles mogelijk is.

jantje11
06-09-2013, 18:25
Overeem zal de favoriet zijn ja maar dan nog heeft die een kin van lik mn vesje.

Ik ga ook voor frank mir. Overeem was tegen bigfoot en browne ook favoriet en ging gewoon 2x zwaar neer.

mario the count
06-09-2013, 18:25
je bedoelt andersom
Ik denk dat hij precies neergezet heeft wat hij bedoelde, hij verwijst naar ali zijn laatste twee partijen gok ik:lol:

K-1sunstarr
06-09-2013, 20:10
WAR Ali

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWgUP_wA2NKDO6eR2M-q96xJWRrn32KtaX5qXP2ZkycM2Cbggm

Ralphie89
06-09-2013, 21:35
War Reem!

Hier nog een foto die gisteren door Saki is gepost na het sparren. Gaat er hard aan toe zo te zien.
http://instagram.com/p/d5BJ58AFAd/#

http://distilleryimage1.ak.instagram.com/8be0fd8c166311e3994c22000ae81dc4_7.jpg

Willem033
06-09-2013, 22:24
Hoop echt dat hij deze pot wint.

Kemal
07-09-2013, 08:24
UFC 167 adds Donald Cerrone vs. Evan Dunham to 20th anniversary show

The UFC's 20th anniversary event has a new lightweight bout.

Donald Cerrone (20-6 MMA, 7-3 UFC) and Evan Dunham (14-4 MMA, 7-4 UFC) have been booked for the November show. UFC officials confirmed the bout with lasvegassun.

UFC 167 takes place Nov. 16 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, and the main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook. It's not clear where Cerrone and Dunham will be placed on the lineup.

Cerrone, who had climbed into title contention with four straight wins after his move from the WEC to the UFC, hasn't faired as well lately. Most recently, he suffered a decision loss to Rafael dos Anjos at UFC Fight Night 27, which moved the Team Jackson-Winkeljohn fighter to 1-2 over his past three bouts.

Dunham also got a quick start to his UFC career and won his first four bouts in the organization. However, he's since dealt with inconsistency and is 3-4 since then. Most recently, he also suffered a decision loss to dos Anjos. The Las Vegas-based fighter is also 1-2 in his past three bouts.

The latest UFC 167 card now includes:

Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks - for welterweight title
Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem
Donald Cerrone vs. Evan Dunham

K-1sunstarr
07-09-2013, 08:48
Wow bring it on. :box:

bryan
07-09-2013, 09:00
Overeem lijkt echt klein!! Lijkt wel een LHW

Pride_187
07-09-2013, 09:42

Maak die jongen nou niet weer helemaal wild he ;)

Willem033
07-09-2013, 11:38

Een minder opgezwollen hoofd bij gebrek aan paardenvlees heeft ie.
Die weegt echt nog wel 255lbs ofzo.

mario the count
07-09-2013, 12:10
Een minder opgezwollen hoofd bij gebrek aan paardenvlees heeft ie.
Die weegt echt nog wel 255lbs ofzo.

Zn hoofd is juist een van de weinige lichaamsdelen die nog opgezwollen is.

Hoop dat hij max aan zn conditie gaat werken.

Willem033
07-09-2013, 13:25
Zn hoofd is juist een van de weinige lichaamsdelen die nog opgezwollen is.

Hoop dat hij max aan zn conditie gaat werken.

Ben ik het niet met je eens. Zijn hoofd vind ik 2 mateb kleiner lijken.

bryan
07-09-2013, 15:55
Hij was 255 tegen Brown.. Dus zou zomaar kunnen dat hij nu lager zit aangezien meneer niet meer aan de juice zit

Sato
07-09-2013, 16:58
Al met al wel een dikke card. Ik hoop dat Ali conditie boven massa kiest, rammen kan hij. Hopen dat hij het lang volhoudt.
Er staat geen saaie gevechten op de card, mooi zo.

bryan
07-09-2013, 20:18
Al met al wel een dikke card. Ik hoop dat Ali conditie boven massa kiest, rammen kan hij. Hopen dat hij het lang volhoudt.
Er staat geen saaie gevechten op de card, mooi zo.

Gaat bij hem ook nooit om uitdelen.... Maar meer om incasseren.. Daar heeft tie de meeste problemen mee

Kemal
08-09-2013, 19:09
Brian Ebersole meets Rick Story at UFC 167 in Las Vegas

A pair of welterweights looking to get back in the win column will meet on the UFC's 20th anniversary show in November.

Brian Ebersole (50-15-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) and Rick Story (15-7 MMA, 8-5 UFC) will meet at UFC 167. UFC officials announced the 170-pound fight booking overnight.

UFC 167 takes place Nov. 16 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, and the main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook. Ebersole vs. Story is likely to be part of the preliminary card.

Ebersole will return to action after what will be 16 months on the sideline. Ebersole in 2011 finally made it to the UFC after more than 60 career fights, and he started 4-0 with wins over Chris Lytle, Dennis Hallman, Claude Patrick and T.J. Waldburger.

But at UFC 149 in July 2012, he dropped a split decision to James Head for his first lost in the UFC, snapping an 11-fight winning streak. He hasn't fought since then.

After losing his UFC debut, Story went on a six-fight run that included decision wins over current top welterweight contender Johny Hendricks and former title challenger Thiago Alves. But it's been tough sledding since then. Story has wins over Brock Jardine and Quinn Mulhern, the latter of which came at UFC 158 in March.

But he has four losses, as well, to some of the best in the welterweight division – Mike Pyle took a split decision from him at UFC 160 in May, Demian Maia submitted him at UFC 153, Martin Kampmann outpointed him at UFC 139 and Charlie Brenneman beat him in June 2011 to set off his current stretch of four losses in six fights.

With the addition, the latest UFC 167 card now includes:

Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks - for welterweight title
Brian Ebersole vs. Rick Story

Naj85
10-09-2013, 02:40
UFC Alistair Overeem appeared on Monday's episode of Ariel Helwani's The MMA Hour, and said if he loses to Frank Mir at UFC 167 in November, he will quit MMA. 'Reem is on a two-fight win streak. Mir has lost three in a row.
"If I lose to Frank Mir, I have to find something else to do," said Overeem.
"I just lost my last fight and was just thinking about what I was going to do next and have a nice holiday. The fight is coming way more sooner than I expected...I was aiming for maybe December, January. But I'm a fighter and I love to be active."
What do you think UG? Could this fight be a loser leaves town match?

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/690164/events/2387953/videos/29577775/player?autoPlay=false&height=360&mute=false&width=640
Watch Video

Sadix
10-09-2013, 02:46
. 'Reem is on a two-fight win streak. Mir has lost three in a row.

fout.

Maar ik begrijp alistair wel. Misschien dan weer verder met kb. Rematch met saki of een partij tegen ghita

T15Boxing
10-09-2013, 03:03
Shit man, je kan merken dat hij er moeite mee heeft. Dit is geen goede instelling.

pronk
10-09-2013, 03:14
ik las het bij (Alistair Overeem zal weer vechten in de UFC.) topic.

Ik begrijp hem wel , maar hij moet toch inmiddels weten waar de gaten van zijn spel zitten en heb het dan over afgelopen jaren.

Willem033
10-09-2013, 07:32
ik zie hem niet zomaar winnen van Mir.
toch jammer, doet me een beetje denken aan Yvel.

Kemal
10-09-2013, 07:58
nu maar hopen dat hij wint dan

S.B.
10-09-2013, 09:10
Wordt een nachtje doorhalen denk ik zo.

Klassikl
10-09-2013, 15:14
Erg mooie card. Hopen dat Ali het waar kan maken!

Kemal
17-09-2013, 19:45
Edwin Figueroa vs. Erik Perez added to November's UFC 167 event

A bantamweight matchup between Erik Perez and Edwin Figueroa has been added to November's UFC 167 event.

UFC officials today announced the pairing.

Featuring a welterweight title fight between champ Georges St-Pierre and challenger Johny Hendricks, UFC 167 takes place Nov. 16 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, and the main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook. Figueroa (9-3 MMA, 2-3 UFC) vs. Perez (13-5 MMA, 3-1 UFC) is likely to be part of the preliminary card.

"El Feroz" Figueroa will likely fight for his spot on the UFC roster. After debuting for the promotion with a hard-fought "Fight of the Night" loss to division standout Michael McDonald, the 29-year-old Figueroa earned back-to-back wins over Alex Caceres and Jason Reinhardt. However, consecutive losses to Roland Delorme and Francisco Rivera have put his spot on the roster in jeopardy.

Meanwhile, the Mexican-born Perez debut for the UFC with three straight first-round stoppage wins over Byron Bloodworth, Ken Stone and John Albert and instantly became a marketable commodity for the promotion in its push into Latin America. However, Perez faltered slightly in a recent step up in competition, losing a split-decision to Japanese veteran Takeya Mizugaki at August's UFC Fight Night 27 event.

With the addition to the card, UFC 167 now includes:

Champ Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks - for welterweight title
Edwin Figueroa vs. Erik Perez

Kemal
17-09-2013, 19:46
Ed Herman vs. Rafael Natal added to November's UFC 167 lineup

A middleweight contest between fighters building on "Fight of the Night" wins has been added to the UFC 167 lineup, as Ed Herman meets Rafael Natal.

UFC officials today announced the new booking.

Featuring a welterweight title fight between longtime champ Georges St-Pierre and top contender Johny Hendricks, UFC 167 takes place Nov. 16 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, and the main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook. Herman (21-9 MMA, 8-6 UFC) vs. Natal (17-4-1 MMA, 5-2-1 UFC) is likely to be part of the preliminary card.

"The Ultimate Fighter 3" finalist Herman has been competing in the UFC for more than seven years. However, after disappointing performances against Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza and Jake Shields, Herman found himself in need of a positive result. He did exactly that with a hard-fought decision win against Trevor Smith at July's UFC on FOX 8 event that saw both fighters earn an extra $50,000 for the "Fight of the Night" effort.

Meanwhile, Natal is enjoying the best UFC run of his career with three straight wins and a 5-1 mark in his past six appearances. Most recently, the Brazilian fought in his home country in a thrilling bout with Tor Troeng, which Natal won by decision. While Natal was in control for most of the fight, the action was entertaining from start to finish as Troeng showed incredible heart and refused to quit. Both fighters were also awarded a "Fight of the Night" check.

With the addition to the card, UFC 167 now includes:

Ed Herman vs. Rafael Natal

Willem033
17-09-2013, 20:43
Dit is wel een hele dikke card aan het worden.

Alleen jammer dat we 15 minuten gayporn te zien krijgen, koscheck vs woodley.
Die gaan elkaar volgas liggen schuren.

Asura
18-09-2013, 00:08
Dit is wel een hele dikke card aan het worden.

Alleen jammer dat we 15 minuten gayporn te zien krijgen, koscheck vs woodley.
Die gaan elkaar volgas liggen schuren.

Twee sterke worstelaars word vaak juist een onverwachte knokpartij.

Kemal
03-10-2013, 20:06
Thales Leites replaces Rafael Natal, faces Ed Herman at UFC 167

In the wake of a middleweight shuffle that left Ed Herman (21-9 MMA, 8-5 UFC) without an opponent at UFC 167, Thales Leites (21-4 MMA, 6-3 UFC) has stepped up to fight.

The onetime middleweight title challenger will meet Herman on the Nov. 16 card, according to "UFC Tonight" and sources close to the promotion, who confirmed the matchup to MMAjunkie.

UFC 167 takes place Nov. 16 at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena. It's unknown whether Herman vs. Leites will serve on the FOX Sports 1-televised preliminary card or the Facebook-streamed early prelims.

Rafael Natal was Herman's originally scheduled opponent, but was pulled from the bout to replace Lyoto Machida in a matchup against Tim Kennedy at "UFC Fight Night 31: UFC Fight for the Troops 3," which takes place Nov. 6 at Fort Campbell, Kentucky.

The shuffle was initiated when ex-champ Machida was tapped to fight Mark Munoz UFC Fight Night 30 after Michael Bisping withdrew from the Oct. 26 event with an eye injury. Machida and Munoz headline the card at Phones 4u Arena in Manchester, England.

Herman most recently fought at UFC on FOX 8, where he earned a split call over Trevor Smith in a three-round slugfest. The win got him back on the right track following a first-round submission loss to Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza under the now-defunct Strikeforce banner.

Leites recently returned to the octagon after a four-year absence when he took on Tom Watson at UFC 163. After three rounds, he was declared the winner by unanimous decision, which improved his current win streak to four fights.

donalexandro
03-10-2013, 21:07
Bad news coming...

Turboknecht
03-10-2013, 21:15
Bad news coming...

Laat me raden. Hij vond de partij te vroeg, en nu is hij injured.

donalexandro
03-10-2013, 21:24
Ik bedoel dat natal niet vecht maar dat stond er al..

Turboknecht
03-10-2013, 21:32
Ik bedoel dat natal niet vecht maar dat stond er al..

Och ja, het had me niet verbaasd. Nu hoef ik zeker niet meer uit te leggen wat ik verder nog van de Reem verwacht.

rollermanskunk
04-10-2013, 02:34
Verander de titel maar, het gevecht Overeem vs Mir is verplaatst naar februari 2014 en zal plaatsvinden tijdens UFC 169. Mir kreeg niet op tijd z'n medical clearance rond voor november na zijn ko tegen Barnett.

Bron: http://www.newsday.com/sports/mixed-martial-arts/overeem-vs-mir-moved-to-ufc-169-with-jones-vs-teixeira-as-main-event-1.6193152

Nosferatu187
04-10-2013, 02:43
Laat me raden. Hij vond de partij te vroeg, en nu is hij injured.

lol

Kemal
04-10-2013, 08:06
Robert Drysdale meets Cody Donovan at UFC 167 in Las Vegas

After a delay, Robert Drysdale finally is re-set for his UFC debut.

Drysdale (6-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC), a Brazilian jiu-jitsu standout, will meet Cody Donovan (8-3 MMA, 1-1 UFC) in a light heavyweight bout at UFC 167.

Sources with knowledge of the fight booking confirmed the news to MMAjunkie following an initial report from the Las Vegas Sun. UFC officials later confirmed the fight.

UFC 167 takes place Nov. 16 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook.

Drysdale was set to make his UFC debut at UFC 163 in August, but had to pull out of the fight with a reported staph infection. Drysdale, a world champion grappler who was born in the U.S. but spent much of his childhood in Brazil, made his official MMA debut in 2010.

Recently, the black belt has competed for Legacy FC in Texas. All of six of his pro wins have come via first-round submission, including an April victory over Bellator vet D.J. Linderman.

Donovan will be looking to rebound from a first-round knockout loss to Ovince St. Preux in August at UFC Fight Night 26 in Boston. That loss snapped a four-fight winning streak, including a knockout win in his UFC debut against Nick Penner this past December and a win under the Bellator banner.

UFC 167 is the promotion's 20th anniversary show. It features a main-event welterweight title fight between champion Georges St-Pierre and top contender Johny Hendricks. Earlier in the day Thursday, a heavyweight bout set for the card between Frank Mir and Alistair Overeem was moved to UFC 169 in February.

With the addition, the latest UFC 167 card now includes:

Ed Herman vs. Thales Leites
Ali Bagautinov vs. Tim Elliott
Vaughan Lee vs. Sergio Pettis
Cody Donovan vs. Robert Drysdale

Kemal
18-10-2013, 08:47
Jason High vs. Anthony Lapsley tapped final UFC 167 addition

A welterweight bout between Jason High (17-4 MMA, 1-2 UFC) and Anthony Lapsley (22-5 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is the latest addition to the UFC's 20th anniversary show, UFC 167.

UFC officials today announced it as the 12th and final addition to the card.

UFC 167 takes place Nov. 16 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook.

High vs. Lapsley is likely to be part of the prelims.

High, a standout amateur wrestler now in his second UFC stint, recently rebounded from a loss to Erick Silva with a submission victory over James Head at UFC Fight Night 27. The 32-year-old, a former DREAM and Strikeforce fighter, was cut after a single loss to Charlie Brenneman in 2010, but he fought his way back into the UFC. With the Head win, he's now 8-1 since the Brenneman defeat.

Lapsley, a fellow wrestler who's competed for organizations such as Bellator and EliteXC and KOTC, makes his UFC debut on the strength of a recent 8-1 run. In January he scored a submission victory over Gerald Meerschaert (15-6 at the time) at a regional show in Ohio. In 22 career wins, he owns 15 submissions and three knockouts.

The latest UFC 167 card includes:

Cody Donovan vs. Robert Drysdale
Jason High vs. Anthony Lapsley

Kemal
20-10-2013, 09:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8IAyP7kHEE&feature=player_detailpage

Kemal
20-10-2013, 09:38
http://www.mmabay.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ufc167.jpg

Kemal
30-10-2013, 07:47
Gian Villante replaces Robert Drysdale, meets Cody Donovan at UFC 167

With Robert Drysdale unable to fight at UFC 167, Cody Donovan will now instead meet Gian Villante.

As MMAjunkie.com first reported, the Nevada State Athletic Commission denied Drysdale a license to fight after an out-of-competition drug test revealed an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone (T/E) ratio, leaving Donovan without an opponent. UFC officials today announced the new matchup.

UFC 167 takes place Nov. 16 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The event's main card airs live on pay-per-view following prelims on FOX Sports 1 and MMAjunkie.com.

Donovan (8-3 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and Villante (10-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) meet in the night's very first fight.

"Donnybrook" Donovan looks to rebound from a first-round knockout loss to Ovince St. Preux in August at UFC Fight Night 26 in Boston. That loss snapped a four-fight winning streak, including a knockout win in his UFC debut against Nick Penner this past December and a win under the Bellator banner.

Meanwhile, Villante takes the fight on short notice seeking his first UFC win. The 28-year-old fought five times under the Strikeforce banner and earned a three-fight winning streak for the promotion with victories over Derrick Mehmen, Trevor Smith and Keith Berry. However, he fell short in his UFC debut, suffering a technical-decision loss to Ovince St. Preux in on odd fight that was shortened by an "OSP" eye poke just 33 seconds into the final round.

With the replacement opponent in place, the UFC 167 lineup is again complete. The fight card includes:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)

PRELIMINARY CARD (MMAjunkie.com, 6:45 p.m. ET)
Jason High vs. Anthony Lapsley
Cody Donovan vs. Gian Villante

Kemal
30-10-2013, 07:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NtU7ixjtess

Pahlavan
30-10-2013, 12:34
Jiu-jitsu ace Robert Drysdale (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/151287/robert-drysdale) has been removed from the fight card of UFC 167 (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fight-card/142181/ufc-167-st-pierre-vs-hendricks) after testing positive for elevated testosterone in a Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) mandated out-of-competition drug test, NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer confirmed to MMAFighting.com.
Drysdale tested out at a 19.4-to-1 testosterone-to-epitestosterone level, well above the 6-to-1 limit allowable by the NSAC.

According to Kizer, Drysdale has not been medically cleared to compete due to the failed test. His license, however, was never denied, despite conflicting reports.
A decorated grappler owning both ADCC and Mundials gold, Drysdale (6-0) is undefeated thus far in his MMA career, having finished all six of his opponents via first-round submission. He was scheduled to make his UFC debut against Ednaldo Oliveira (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/148329/ednaldo-oliveira) on August 3 at UFC 163 (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fight-card/124071/ufc-163-aldo-vs-korean-zombie), however a staph infection caused him to withdraw from the bout.

Drysdale was subsequently slated to meet Cody Donovan (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/130135/cody-donovan) (8-3) on November 16 at UFC 167. Due to his failed drug test, UFC officials have tabbed Strikeforce (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/promotion/strikeforce) veteran Gian Villante (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/129032/gian-villante) (10-4) as a replacement.
According to NSAC officials, Chael Sonnen (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/122570/chael-sonnen) and Frank Mir (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/122495/frank-mir) also underwent out-of-competition drug testing for UFC 167, the latter of which took place prior to Mir being pulled from the card. Both men passed all testing.

Pahlavan
30-10-2013, 12:35
Tering zeg die Robert Drysdale.... 19.4 to 1 T/E ratio. Die dacht ik ga ff helemaal los met testosterone. Idioot.

mario the count
30-10-2013, 19:32
Tering zeg die Robert Drysdale.... 19.4 to 1 T/E ratio. Die dacht ik ga ff helemaal los met testosterone. Idioot.
Das nog meer dan overeem's ratio destijds.

Pahlavan
30-10-2013, 20:39
The new UFC 167 commercial spot proved to be dangerous endeavor for one of its subjects.

While filming the commercial last month in Los Angeles, Johny Hendricks suffered a second-degree burn on his back because the lights used to film the spot were placed too close to him, his manager Ted Ehrhardt confirmed with MMAFighting.com

Ehrhardt said Hendricks tried to resume his training two days later, however, the burn was bothering him too much so he went to a doctor who prescribed an ointment to help heal it. Ehrhardt said Hendricks, who wasn't available to speak about the incident, missed one-to-two days of training, and the injury healed in a week.

"Johny never gets pissed off about anything," Ehrhardt said. "He was just mad that it was messing up his training, that's all."

The UFC apologized to Hendricks for the accident. Ehrhadt said they were "kind of in disbelief" that this happened during the shoot, as was Hendricks who told Ehrhardt he never suffers sunburn in the summertime. Hendricks did not ask the UFC to pay for any medical costs.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3482205/IMG_9552.jpg

Leventdepevent
31-10-2013, 08:16
damn dat ziet er niet fris uit

Naj85
31-10-2013, 09:34
Hendricks secures Reebok sponsorship for UFC 168

Oct 30, 2013 11:21 PM EST
For the first time in UFC history, Reebok will be represented inside the Octagon.
Welterweight title challenger Johny Hendricks inked a blue-chip sponsorship with the athletic sportswear giant in early October. Now, in advance of his UFC 167 bout against champion Georges St-Pierre, Hendricks' new sponsor has agreed to pay the UFC's sponsorship tax and go to bat for Hendricks on November 16, 2013.

Pahlavan
31-10-2013, 10:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h-sZkglI8Y

Kemal
31-10-2013, 17:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8xlEFsMWDqk

ChingChong
06-11-2013, 16:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yzltVH75y8&lc=vWpggNugdn-3wyDq8LDKlAppn7-QIqHw03AsFBzUmH8

ChingChong
06-11-2013, 16:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yzltVH75y8&lc=vWpggNugdn-3wyDq8LDKlAppn7-QIqHw03AsFBzUmH8

Lijkt wel een GH buikje op 3:13

jantje11
06-11-2013, 17:36
Hoop dat hendricks de belt pakt.

Kemal
10-11-2013, 09:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=clyGP4iWwCA

Pahlavan
12-11-2013, 11:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuWNgI9HWWM

Soulbringer320
13-11-2013, 03:55
NickTheFace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qglrWaoYQR8

Pahlavan
13-11-2013, 11:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn1Hlf-w8nE

pronk
16-11-2013, 02:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1hxvxe_7l8

carlo1
16-11-2013, 08:17
altijd leuk: spong op het grote podium!

Harrie Nak
16-11-2013, 11:43
Uh?

http://i40.tinypic.com/103hhmg.jpg

Pahlavan
16-11-2013, 11:48
Die zag de ringcard girls staan en tja... Toen ging het mis.

Naj85
16-11-2013, 16:06
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1lR2ejNWaq8/UobMgYk93-I/AAAAAAAA66Q/cdYlctpQGxk/s1600/1.gif

Naj85
16-11-2013, 16:35
Main Card (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
Georges St-Pierre (170) vs. Johny Hendricks (170) – for welterweight title
Rashad Evans (205) vs. Chael Sonnen (206)
Robbie Lawler (170) vs. Rory MacDonald (171)
Josh Koscheck (170) vs. Tyron Woodley (171)
Ali Bagautinov (126) vs. Tim Elliott (125)
Prelim Card (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
Evan Dunham (156) vs. Donald Cerrone (155)
Ed Herman (186) vs. Thales Leites (186)
Brian Ebersole (171) vs. Rick Story (170)
Edwin Figueroa (135) vs. Erik Perez (135)
Prelim Card (On teh UG, 6:45 p.m. ET)
Jason High (170) vs. Anthony Lapsley (170)
Sergio Pettis (135) vs. Will Campuzano (135)
Cody Donovan (205) vs. Gian Villante (205)

Sadix
16-11-2013, 17:14
GSP all the way

Soulbringer320
16-11-2013, 19:25
Ben een beetje Hendrick moe, elk interview zijn linkervuist de hemel inprijzen....
Alsof die alleen dat kan en daar vanuit gaat...

Naj85
16-11-2013, 19:34
Hendricks lukte het ook niet condit met die linker ko te slaan
denk dat gsp het wel weer wint op decision
mooie card kijk er erg naar uit

niang_58
16-11-2013, 19:36
Hoelaat Begint Het Facebook PreLims??

jantje11
16-11-2013, 22:21
Hoelaat Begint Het Facebook PreLims??

Half 1 Early Prelims
2 uur Prelims
4 uur Maincard

niang_58
16-11-2013, 23:30
Half 1 Early Prelims
2 uur Prelims
4 uur Maincard

Dankjewel.

Bromios
16-11-2013, 23:36
Mijn voorspelling: gsp gaat op Hendricks liggen en als iedereen wakker wordt weet niemand meer wie er beter was.

Ik kijk morgen wel ;)

yuko
17-11-2013, 02:06
gaan er nog mensen kijken?

http://www.chatzy.com/57164315300410

goro
17-11-2013, 02:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zp0AahsgKk

DAWK1D
17-11-2013, 02:44
http://i44.tinypic.com/2jc6kut.gif

Juul
17-11-2013, 03:26
Wat mij die paar keer dat Hendricks verder moest dan een ronde opviel, hij vertraagt enorm naarmate de 2e ronde vordert. En gaat een stuk minder hard slaan. Tegen Condit had hij echt wel geluk dat het om slechts 3 ipv 5 rondes ging.

biggz
17-11-2013, 03:32
iemand link prelims?

Klassikl
17-11-2013, 03:35
Die Winslow he. Welke gek geeft haar nou toch steeds die partijen op dit niveau. Die moet de sport echt haten met een passie.

Minotauro
17-11-2013, 03:37
Condit vs Hendricks, een van de mooiste mma-partijen die ik ooit heb gezien

jantje11
17-11-2013, 03:43
iemand link prelims?

http://sportsbun.com/watch-ufc-167-st-pierre-vs-hendricks-live-streaming-online/

Prelims + Maincard

jantje11
17-11-2013, 07:39
Hendricks is hier gewoon zwaar bestolen. Kijk die kop van GSP.

Hendricks had de nieuwe champ moeten zijn.

Juul
17-11-2013, 07:48
Hendricks is hier gewoon zwaar bestolen. Kijk die kop van GSP.

Hendricks had de nieuwe champ moeten zijn.

Had zelf minimaal 3, maar eigenlijk 4 rondes voor JH. Maar ga later vandaag nog een keer kijken. Nog bedankt voor je link.

Later!

T15Boxing
17-11-2013, 07:49
Fuck wat een bullshit. Hendricks won zeker 3 of 4 rondes. Een van de slechtste decisions ooit.

marcelt
17-11-2013, 07:50
Dacht ook 3-2 Hendricks. Hij was er ook zwaar ziek van.

jantje11
17-11-2013, 07:58
Als het net zo,n partij was als Jones - Gustaffson dan had ik ermee kennen leven.

Maar dit was Overduidelijk Hendricks. Geen schrammetje op zn gezicht.
Hendricks heeft GSP een aantal keren goed in gevaar gebracht en was duidelijk de sterkere dus in mijn ogen de nieuwe champ.
En wie weet hoelang GSP nu weer niet vecht door persoonlijke problemen.
Hendricks had de Belt nu moeten hebben en GSP lekker retire.

cornelus
17-11-2013, 10:48
dit geloof je toch niet...

mario the count
17-11-2013, 11:06
Snap er idd niks van. Toch duidelijk voor Hendricks deze partij. Eerst wordt hij bestolen en dan krijg je na de beslissing ook nog te horen dat GSP zijn handschoenen een tijdje op gaat hangen, wat dus betekend dat er voorlopig geen rematch inzit. Gaat nergens over dit.

Iggy
17-11-2013, 11:28
Zo duidelijk vond ik het niet. De partij kon beide kanten op. Ging er vanuit dat gsp de partij had gewonnen maar had ook niet raar opgekeken als hendricks er met de winst vandoor zou gaan

ZakKa!
17-11-2013, 11:52
Volgens 2 judjes waren dus ronde 1,3,5 voor GSP.

3e ronde kon naar beide gaan, zelf vond ik GSP.

Eerste ronde is de controversiele ronde, deze was naar mijn mening voor Hendricks.
Laatste ronde was wel voor GSP.
Hendricks heeft naar mijn mening overtuigend gewonnen. Hij had echter meer moeten doen in de latere rondes. Daarnaast vind ik het vroegtijdige juichen van Hendricks' corner minstens zo erg als de beslissing.

Bromios
17-11-2013, 12:40
Waarom werd er gestopt in de 2e ronde ? Hadden ze dat niet gedaan dan was het volgens mij over geweest.
Volgens mij Hendricks al te way. natuurlijk gingen ze direct juichen. Halverwege de 5e zeiden de commentatoren zelfs dat de winning streak van GSP over was.

3e was qua striking voor gsp maar Hendricks had een takedown (slim) dus die weet ik niet zeker. 1 ook niet.
Dus GSP had de 5e 100% en 2 dubieuze ronden. Komt volledig in elkaar gebeukt die partij uit en pakt de win.

Duidelijk een jury met een 20th anniversary mission. Lullig voor Hendricks.

yuko
17-11-2013, 13:30
ronde 3 en 5 waren voor GSP, ronde 1,2 en 4 waren voor Hendricks waar bij ronde 2 en 4 ook nog op zeer overtuigende wijze voor Hendricks waren. De rondes die GSP won waren veel minder overtuigend.

ZakKa!
17-11-2013, 13:46
Ik heb net de eerste ronde nogmaals bekeken. Ik kan mij best voorstellen dat iemand die ronde aan GSP geeft. Zelf weetik het niet, maar het was echt niet zo eenzijdig als Dana White zegt. GSP raakte met veel trappen en jabs. Ok, zeker niet hard, maar het scoort punten. Ronde 2 en 4 zijn overduidelijik voor Hendricks. Ronde 5 voor GSP. Ronde 1 en 3 vallen over te praten.

Hendricks commentaar dat hij '70 %' gaf verbaasde mij enorm. Dat kan hij toch niet menen? Als dat echt zo zou zijn, verdient hij de titel niet.

De beslissing is lang zo slecht nog niet als we kijken naar het 10/9 scoorsysteem per ronde.

yuko
17-11-2013, 14:15
De beslissing is lang zo slecht nog niet als we kijken naar het 10/9 scoorsysteem per ronde.

Klopt wat je zegt, in principe hoef je maar ronde verkeerd te scoren die close is en dat geef je hem aan GSP. Het 10/9 systeem zuigt gewoon. Over de hele wedstrijd was Hendricks gewoon beter

mario the count
17-11-2013, 14:34
Ik heb net de eerste ronde nogmaals bekeken. Ik kan mij best voorstellen dat iemand die ronde aan GSP geeft. Zelf weetik het niet, maar het was echt niet zo eenzijdig als Dana White zegt. GSP raakte met veel trappen en jabs. Ok, zeker niet hard, maar het scoort punten. Ronde 2 en 4 zijn overduidelijik voor Hendricks. Ronde 5 voor GSP. Ronde 1 en 3 vallen over te praten.

Hendricks commentaar dat hij '70 %' gaf verbaasde mij enorm. Dat kan hij toch niet menen? Als dat echt zo zou zijn, verdient hij de titel niet.

Hij gaf 70% power in zijn stoten omdat hij niet te veel energie in zijn stoten wilde stoppen mocht het over de volle 5 ronden moeten gaan ( en dat had hij nog nooit gedaan). Daarnaast gaf hij aan dat hij ook stoten plaatste met meer power.

Vind ik opzich niks vreemds aan, het is zelfs tactisch om sommige stoten minder hard te laten landen en andere wel voluit te geven.

Sadix
17-11-2013, 14:54
in mijn ogen had GSP gewoon gewonnen. Ronde 1,3 en 5.

GSP had ook meer octagon control, hij controleerde het gevecht in mijn ogen toch meer. Was meer de gene die voor uit liep.

Bromios
17-11-2013, 14:56

Waarmee maar weer eens duidelijk is gemaakt dat GSP een saaie puntenvechter is. Maar dat terzijde.

Dat 10-9 moet op de schop dan kun je de rondes die echt het verschil maken beter scoren.
Als je nu 3 x twijfelachtig wint en in 2 rondes wordt je helemaal in elkaar geslagen (en in ronde 2 ga je zelfs bijna knockout) dan win je gewoon.

Pahlavan
17-11-2013, 15:25
Laat ik beginnen door te zeggen dat het echt een top event was.

ik ben een grote gsp fan maar hij had niet gewonnen. Pijnlijk om toe te geven maar dat is de waarheid.
en mooi om te zien hoe chael wederom mentaal breekt zodra het gevecht niet gaat zoals hij wilt. Zet hem tegen iemand die ook kan worstelen en het is afgelopen.

iconian
17-11-2013, 16:54
ik had het 3-2 voor GSP

The Company
17-11-2013, 17:19
Ik dacht vannacht ook dat Hendricks gewonnen had maar hij is zeker niet bestolen. Ronde 2,4 voor Hendricks en 3 en 5 voor GSP. Ronde 1 kon beide kanten op.

Minotauro
17-11-2013, 18:18
De rondes (zoals ronde 2 als goed voorbeeld) die Hendricks won waren met meer overtuiging. Ik vind het echt een kutsysteem. Wanneer krijg je scores als 10-8 bijv dan? Of 10-7? Gsp werd in ronde twee gedomineerd, de saaie champ werd kapot geslagen, maar moest de overwinning toch krijgen.

The Company
17-11-2013, 18:22
De rondes (zoals ronde 2 als goed voorbeeld) die Hendricks won waren met meer overtuiging. Ik vind het echt een kutsysteem. Wanneer krijg je scores als 10-8 bijv dan? Of 10-7? Gsp werd in ronde twee gedomineerd, de saaie champ werd kapot geslagen, maar moest de overwinning toch krijgen.

Zo worden gevechten nu eenmaal gescoord. Daar kan GSP niks aan doen.

123trisweat
17-11-2013, 18:24
ps: met welk gewicht stapte Woodley in de ring/octagon?

Minotauro
17-11-2013, 18:29
Zo worden gevechten nu eenmaal gescoord. Daar kan GSP niks aan doen.

Dat zeg ik ook niet. Maar mensen worden de UFC steeds zatter en dat ligt puur aan dit soort dingen. Het is een grap. Herinner me Melendez tegen Henderson ook, ook minimaal een draw. Het is gewoon zo zonde dit. Diaz had niets in te brengen, maar dit was nooit een win voor gsp