PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva: I don't think I can defeat Jon Jones

Naj85
02-07-2013, 02:37
BURBANK, Calif. -- This one won't be lost in translation.
UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/122568/anderson-silva), considered by many the greatest mixed martial arts fighter of all-time, doesn't like his chances in a potential superfight with UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/122514/jon-jones).
Speaking in English without a translator at a Monday media luncheon, Silva was asked his opinion of Jones, one of two fighters often named as potential superfight opponents for Silva, along with welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.
"Jon Jones, in his class, is the best, Silva said. "If I fight Jon Jones, I'm don't think I'm going to win."
Silva, who puts his UFC record 16-fight win streak on the line when he meets Chris Weidman (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fighter/128569/chris-weidman) in the main event of Saturday's UFC 162 (http://www.sbnation.com/mma/fight-card/127275/ufc-162-silva-vs-weidman) in Las Vegas, was asked by MMAFighting why he feels as he does. Silva said that it comes down to seeing a little bit of his younger self.
"Jon Jones is different," Silva said. "He's large. He's young. But, in the fight, I see in Jon Jones, I see myself from a long time ago. He's very smart."
Asked in what ways he might have advantages over Jones if such a fight were to take place, Silva (33-4) gave himself the edge in experience and not much else.
"I don't know," Silva said. "In my opinion, Spider has more experience than Jon Jones, but that's the only advantage."

123trisweat
02-07-2013, 09:12
Denk dat Anderson Silva veel zelfkennis heeft en hier heel realistisch is.

steftheboxer
02-07-2013, 09:31
Denk dat Anderson Silva veel zelfkennis heeft en hier heel realistisch is.

of hij zoekt handig de underdog positie op?

Deze partij gaat er volgens mij gewoon komen in 2014 en heeft de potentie om een van de grootste MMA gevechten alle tijden te worden.

Damian_Gray
02-07-2013, 18:58
wel eerlijk van anderson

DAWK1D
02-07-2013, 20:29
Tja.. wel eerlijk maar niet echt wat je van een vechter zou verwachten.. aan de ene kant kan het ook met voorbedachte rade zijn.

Proximo
03-07-2013, 00:31
Tja.. wel eerlijk maar niet echt wat je van een vechter zou verwachten.. aan de ene kant kan het ook met voorbedachte rade zijn.
Waarom niet wat je van een vechter verwacht? Een goed vechter (en sportman) kent zijn grenzen!

Nosferatu187
03-07-2013, 00:43
dat het met voorbedachte rade is dat is wel 100%.

cornelus
03-07-2013, 12:30
Het is gewoon eerlijk van hem toch. En slim ook. Praatjes vullen geen gaatjes

Naj85
03-07-2013, 13:14
UFC 162's Anderson Silva: 'I'm not scared of Jon Jones'
July 3, 4:55 AM
[email protected] (MMAjunkie.com Staff)

One day after telling a group of reporters that he didn't think he could beat Jon Jones (18-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC), UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva (33-4 MMA, 16-0 UFC) is apparently doing a bit of an about face.

With a looming potential superfight on the horizon with UFC light heavyweight champ Jones, Silva wanted to make it perfectly clear that he's not intimated by the bigger man.

"My opinion is this: I'll fight Jon Jones, all the guys from my class, all the guys that work in the UFC – all the fighters," Silva said on Tuesday's new edition of "UFC Tonight." "I respect all the fighters. I respect Jon Jones. I respect Chris Weidman, but I'm here for working.

"I'm not scared of Jon Jones, of Chris Weidman or whoever. I'm here to fight. That's it. It's simple."

Silva, of course, is booked in the main event of Saturday night's UFC 162 event at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena, where he takes on undefeated challenger Weidman (9-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC). As you would expect of a fighter who is 16-0 in the octagon, Silva is the betting favorite in the matchup.

However, Weidman's skillset has made him a fashionable underdog pick, even among UFC veterans, including "UFC Tonight" hosts Chael Sonnen and Kenny Florian.

Silva said that's just fine with him.

"It's a great fight on Saturday night because Weidman has good jiu-jitsu, good wrestling, good standup," Silva said. It's a great fight."

For Weidman, UFC 162 represents what is unquestionably the biggest fight of his career. But there may be much on the line for Silva, as well, as UFC President Dana White has suggested a win will put "The Spider" in a superfight with either Jones or UFC welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre (24-2 MMA, 18-2 UFC).

Silva remained coy when asked what victory could bring.

"I don't know," Silva said. "I have my plans in my class.

"I don't have a big goal to change my class. I have my belt in my class. I have my story in my class. That's it."

It's just the latest smoke screen from Silva, who never seems to answer things with a response that doesn't take a little bit of deciphering. If you believe White, it's all part of the middleweight champ's master plan to confuse the media, quite possibly just for his own entertainment.

Whatever the reason, Silva isn't tipping his hand just yet.

"I respect all the fighters," Silva said. "I respect Georges St-Pierre because Georges has a great story in the UFC. I respect all the fighters in here because this is the biggest sport in the world.

"This is the UFC. UFC has the best fighters in the world. That's it."

For the latest on UFC 162, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Biiyen
03-07-2013, 18:40
Een onverwachte uitspraak. Zie je niet snel dat een vechter dat zegt.... Maar Anderson is dan ook geen normale vechter.

Ik geef hem echter meer kans dan dat hij zichzelf geeft.

T15Boxing
03-07-2013, 19:00
Ja hoor "eerlijk". Hij is gewoon bescheiden. Dit is dezelfde man die uit respect nog steeds BJ Penn #1 p4p vond na al zijn verlies partijen.
En een tijd geleden vroeg Anderson zelf nog om een gevecht tegen Jones.

Minotauro
03-07-2013, 19:14
Dit verschilt Anderson van Fedor. Fedor wouldn't care en is GOAT

Pansier
03-07-2013, 19:37
Dit verschilt Anderson van Fedor. Fedor wouldn't care en is GOAT

x2, Al denk ik dat Silva een betere skillset heeft dan Fedor, Fedor blijft de GOAT kwa mentale kracht.

@Proximo
Een vechter hoort juist te geloven dat hij alles aankan. Whether you think you can do something, or think you can't, you're right. Als je er al niet in gelooft, dan zal dit je niet veel goed doen tijdens je gevecht.

Mastajc
03-07-2013, 20:04
Anderson is het gevecht gewoon aan het hypen. Dat niemand dat ziet. Elke keer weer laat hij zien dat hij niet van deze planeet is. Maar desondanks weer het zelfde liedje, dit is de tegenstander die het Silva moeilijk gaat maken. Alsof Weidman opeens de man is die vele malen beter is dan de personen die Silva hiervoor al heeft gehad. Ik zie zelfs Chael winnen van Weidman. Tegen Belfort redt hij het ook niet. Haha. Ik ga ervanuit dat Jones het gevecht met Silva zal ontwijken door snel naar Heavyweight te gaan. Silva zijn mindgames tegen Jones zijn begonnen.......Aangezien het Silva is die Dana heeft gevraagd om tegen Jones te mogen vechten, is hij nu met alles bezig om Jones het gevoel te geven dat hij een kans maakt. Meesterlijk gewoon! Ik ben benieuwd!!!

Naj85
03-07-2013, 20:47
On last night's episode of UFC Tonight, Anderson Silva was again asked about potential super fights. Silva said he would fight anyone in the UFC, but knows a fight against Jones would be tough. Jones responded to middleweight champion on Twitter:
Honored to hear the statements Silva made regarding a super fight me earlier today.. Doesn't change much, still working hard... I believe I am gifted and hard-working enough to pull out the victory against anyone.

mmacentral
03-07-2013, 21:46
Dit lijkt me een super fight die zijn naam meer dan eer zou aandoen. Ik denk ook dat Silva gewoon aan het hypen is. Dit laat Dana niet aan zich voorbijgaan, zeker niet als Anderson van Weidman wint (wat ie ook wel doet denk ik)

S.B.
03-07-2013, 22:25
Alleen het feit al dat hij maar niet ophoudt over dit gevecht, lijkt voor mij al aan te geven dat hij dit echt wil.
Dat hij dat niet doet omdat hij zichzelf kansloos acht moge duidelijk zijn.

Laat het maar gebeuren!