PDA

View Full Version : Promotion van het Muay Thai [Discussie, onderwerp]

Pansier
10-07-2013, 12:07
Sinds dat ik via Warriors Of The Mongkon probeer te promoten op de manier die volgens mijn visie juist is, zijn mij een aantal dingen opgevallen. Wat ik zo bijvoorbeeld ook op de pagina zie is dat er andere admins posts posten als: No Pain, No Muay Thai. Met bijvoorbeeld dit plaatje erbij:
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1005168_414070888707602_350243301_n.jpg

Natuurlijk is hier op het eerst inzicht niets mis mee. Maar als je gaat nadenken over hoe je het Muay Thai wilt promoten is hier wel degelijk iets mis mee. Mensen die de art kennen zullen hierdoor niet negatief gaan denken over het Muay Thai, maar wanneer je jezelf indenkt in mensen die nog nooit van het Muay Thai hebben gehoord... Die zullen hoogst waarschijnlijk iets in de richting van: agressief, anti-sociaal, etc. krijgen.

Dat was voor mij de reden om mijn visie duidelijk te maken. Daarvoor heb ik het volgende gepost:
Muay Thai: HONOUR, TRADITION, RESPECT, FREEDOM, FAIRPLAY.

What's your vision about promoting Muay Thai and how?

The reason I start this post is the frequent questions and thoughts by my vision about promoting Muay Thai. To lines such as ''No Pain, No Muay Thai'' I say it's a NO-GO. I want to make this all clear.

What a lot of people don't know is that Muay Thai has got a bad publicity in the Netherlands. Like 98% of the residents have no f*cking clue what Muay Thai really is. When they hear Kickboxing or Thaiboxing their preconception is like: Ah, those ''anti-social, agressive f*cktards.'' One of the latest reasons for that is Badr Hari. He did some illegal things in the Netherlands and it was a great bait for the media. There were also some schooting incidents around Kickboxing.

I find this sad. Muay Thai isn't just an agressive art. It's far from that. If you look at it to the ancient way it shouldn't be agressive at all! The priority is to unarm your opponent like every martial art, not to hurt them. YES, it's not the PRIORITY to hurt your opponent. It's to unarm them so you can't get hurt by them.

This is the reason I often use Fedor as example. He's an athlete that in my eyes has got a perfect behaviour as far as my knowledge reaches. He is calm going in the ring, doesn't do illegal things (as far as my knowledge reaches), won't kick after a stoppage and will respect his opponent before and after the match. I think the only part you may show yourself agressive is DURING the match, but you've got to keep your calm to reset yourself into a normal state. If you CAN'T do that, you simply shouldn't be able to get yoruself into the ring.

If you can't keep yourself calm outside of the ring then you shouldn't call yourself a Muay Thai fighter. A Muay Thai fighter is highly respectful. Pull the name of Muay Thai to the positive height where it should be! This wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone, just to clear my vision.

Sawadee, Frank
http://www.flatsphere.com/images/services/branding/large/wmc.png
http://www.facebook.com/WarriorsOfTheMongkon

Wat is jullie visie over hoe het Muay zou moet worden gepromoot?

kentaro
10-07-2013, 13:53
+1
Ik deel jou visie!!

Boran
10-07-2013, 14:10
Mee eens. Komt ook met name doordat je het culturele aspect van muay thai in Nederland bijna nooit ziet.
Juist dat maakt het muay thai veel mooier dan kickboksen.

Pansier
10-07-2013, 21:33
Mee eens. Komt ook met name doordat je het culturele aspect van muay thai in Nederland bijna nooit ziet.
Juist dat maakt het muay thai veel mooier dan kickboksen.

Dat vind ik ook. Anders is er eigenlijk geen verschil op de toegevoegde technieken na.