PDA

View Full Version : Focused on Chris Weidman, Anderson Silva still wants superfights with GSP and Jones

Pahlavan
06-08-2013, 01:50
Superfights aren’t gone yet - at least for Anderson Silva.

The former UFC middleweight kingpin is set to rematch Chris Weidman, the first man to ever defeat him inside the Octagon, at UFC 168 on Dec. 28, and his plans for the future include challenges against two current UFC champions, Georges St-Pierre and Jon Jones.

"I really wanted this fight to happen," Anderson Silva said during a radio interview to "Panico", on Friday, about facing GSP. "He’s a guy that plays by the rules, doesn’t take too many risks. That fight may happen, or maybe not. He said he doesn’t want it, I don’t know. I’ll train and remain focused to fight (Weidman) on Dec. 28."

"He’s like that (Ayrton) Senna’s rival. They used to compete at the same time and one of them was technical and the other played by the rules. (GSP) is the UFC’s Alain Prost," Silva added, comparing himself to Brazilian racing driver Senna, who won three Formula One world championships.

After Anderson’s loss to Weidman on July 6, UFC president Dana White said the superfights including the Brazilian, GSP and Jones were gone, once that Silva "was the link to both of them."

"I hope it happens," Anderson Silva told Combate.com about the possibility of facing light heavyweight champion Jon Jones in the future. "That’s the fight everybody is waiting for."

However, Silva knows he can’t overlook Weidman.

"I had a nightmare with Weidman, but I don’t fear him," Anderson said during the radio interview. "He is determined, but has two arms and two legs just like me. Now I’ll bring Chuck Norris (to my camp). I’ll bring both, Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal."

Diz
06-08-2013, 12:19
Haha Chuck Norris ook nog! Dan komt het wel goed ;)

Denk wel dat Silva zijn titel gaat terugpakken, dit keer wat minder spelen en wat meer knallen en Weidman is going to wake up with a flashlight in his face!

BC1983
08-08-2013, 10:10
Ik verwacht dat silva de rematch vrij makkelijk gaat winnen, Weidman is goed maar Silva is zoveel sneller en behendiger, zit alleen niet uit te kijken naar Silva - GSP, GSP heeft genoeg uitdagingen in zn eigen gewichtsklasse, als Silva echt een uitdaging zoekt moet hij zijn pijlen richten op Jones.