PDA

View Full Version : White interested in Ben Askren, not interested in Paul Daley just yet

Naj85
16-08-2013, 06:38
UFC president Dana White has always said that he can work with a fighter, even if they don't get along. Tito Ortiz for example has had an often bitter relationship with White for over a decade, but he was the face of the company during a critical time, and is in the UFC Hall of Fame.
White and Bellator Welterweight Champion bickered bitterly on Twitter last year.
"@danawhite is a bold face liar for saying the #UFC doesn't have the resources for random drug tests," tweeted Askren.
Never one to be outdone on Twitter, White fired back.
"When ambien can't sleep it takes Ben Askren," wrote White. "The most boring fighter in MMA history. I would rather watch flys f---."
However, Askren is now a free agent, and White expressed interest.
"We'll talk to Ben," said White. "Yeah, we'll talk to him."
White did express reservations as to whether Askren's wrestling heavy approach would work in the UFC.
"You can do that in Bellator, you know what I mean?" said White. "It's going to be tougher to do that here."
Paul Daley is also a free agent, but White was not in a rush to talk with the controversial welterweight.
"I think I've been pretty clear about where I am on Paul Daley," said White. "I'm not saying that Paul Daley couldn't change. But what he did, he was only guy that's ever done that in the history of the UFC, our UFC since we've been here, literally walked over after you've just fought a guy for 15 minutes, it's all legal, you can do whatever you want, and after the fight he walks over and suckerpunches him in the face. I hate it."
"I'm not saying that he couldn't be forgiven and it couldn't change, but he'd have to win some fights and... I don't know what he'd have to do. I'm not there though."