PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva won’t fight Vitor Belfort again and hopes he can fight 10 more times

Pahlavan
20-08-2013, 21:18
Vitor Belfort will probably cheer for Chris Weidman after reading Anderson Silva’s latest interview.

The former UFC middleweight champion rematches Weidman on Dec. 28 at UFC 168, and a win for "The Spider" could spoil Belfort’s hopes of getting another shot at the UFC belt.

"I don’t think so," Silva told Combate about the possibility of fighting Belfort again. "What was supposed to be done was done. Of course, we are employees of the UFC, but I don’t like to fight against Brazilians. I don’t see that possibility."

Silva fought Belfort on 2011, and knocked out the former light heavyweight champion with a front kick in the first round.

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza, a former Strikeforce champion, will probably never fight for the UFC title if Silva reclaims his gold at UFC 168.

"If I’m your friend, I’m your friend, and money or status won’t matter," he said. "Honor is more worthy than life for me. ‘Jacare’ or another one, I wouldn’t like to fight a friend of mine. But that’s the thing. I’m in a position and I never had to take anything from anyone to get where I am today."

Silva was pulled out from the top of the pound-for-pound rankings after his loss to the "All-American", but he never considered himself the No. 1.

"I’m a regular guy," he said. "I’m not and never wanted to be the best (fighter) in the world. People said that about me. I thank them for believing that I’m the best, but I never thought I was the best pound-for-pound (fighter). I always fought because I like it, and I was always able to do it with excellence. I was never worried about the belt. And I managed to defend it for seven years. I didn’t feel relieved or something like that. It’s hard. You have some pressure on you because of that, you have to keep proving yourself all the time."

As for his future, the 38-year-old veteran plans to honor his contract and fight 10 more times in the UFC.

"We evaluated and prepared a schedule so I can do all those 10 fights," he said. "I hope I can do all, and preferably with wins."