PDA

View Full Version : TUF 18 Finale | Results **Spoiler**

Kemal
01-12-2013, 07:30
Nate Diaz def. Gray Maynard via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 2:38
Julianna Pena def. Jessica Rakoczy via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:59
Chris Holdsworth def. Davey Grant via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 2:10
Jessamyn Duke def. Peggy Morgan via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Raquel Pennington def. Roxanne Modafferi via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
Akira Corassani def. Maximo Blanco via disqualification (illegal knee) – Round 1, 0:25
Tom Niinimaki def. Rani Yahya via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
Jared Rosholt def. Walter Harris via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Sean Spencer def. Drew Dober via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Joshua Sampo def. Ryan Benoit via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 4:31

Kemal
01-12-2013, 07:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u_oXLdkaN2o

mario the count
01-12-2013, 10:50
Geen onverwachte uitslagen. Holdsworth is echt gevaarlijk op de grond.

mmacentral
01-12-2013, 12:47
Lekkere combo van Nate ook hoor. Kan die kerel niet uitstaan maar vechten kan ie zeker. Goede stoppage ook als je zag hoe Gray daarna op de grond sodemieterde.

Minotauro
01-12-2013, 12:49
Geen onverwachte uitslagen? Ik had niet verwacht dat Nate zou winnen van Maynard, laat staan zo snel

Willem033
01-12-2013, 12:55
Natuurlijk zou Diaz winnen. Maynard geen kans. Had alleen een sub verwacht maar dit is mooier.

Pahlavan
01-12-2013, 14:39
Hele mooie overwinning van Nate! Alleen hij moet het gewoon bij vechten houden en niet bij praten want iedere x als nate en/of nick hun mond open trekken heb ik het gevoel dat ik naar een geestelijk gehandicapte zit te luisteren (met alle respect).

ps: mooi dat beide vechters van team Tate wonnen!

Willem033
01-12-2013, 14:53
Haha klopt.
Lijkt wel of ze een beetje simpel zijn of dat ze altijd stoned zijn.
Anyway een heerlijke overwinning.

Pahlavan
01-12-2013, 14:59
Haha klopt.
Lijkt wel of ze een beetje simpel zijn of dat ze altijd stoned zijn.
Anyway een heerlijke overwinning.

Hij zei aan het eind van zijn post fight interview direct na het gevecht toch ook 'i'm hungry'?! Dat noemen ze volgens mij de munchies lol

YoMarK
01-12-2013, 15:54
Ik vond d'r toch wel wat strakke opmerkingen tussen zitten van Nate. :P

mario the count
01-12-2013, 16:57
Geen onverwachte uitslagen? Ik had niet verwacht dat Nate zou winnen van Maynard, laat staan zo snel

Ik had het wel verwacht hoor, had alleen een sub verwacht net als Willem.

hankmoody
01-12-2013, 17:17
Een zielig amateuristisch einde van een zielig amateuristisch seizoen. Gelukkig maakte Nate Diaz het een beetje goed met zijn zeer vermakende vechtstijl. Was best grappig om te zien hoe gray nog even k.o. ging na de stoppage.

Sato
01-12-2013, 18:02
Het zou me niet verbazen als Nate bij een IQ-test als zwakzinning wordt gelabeld, die kerel spoort totaal niet.

Turboknecht
01-12-2013, 18:34
Ja die Diaz broertjes zijn echt achterlijk. Wel leuk om naar te kijken.

hypergiant
01-12-2013, 19:45
Zie onderstaand link voor alle videos.

http://mmavs777.blogspot.nl/2013/11/gray-maynard-vs-nate-diaz-fight-video.html

Pahlavan
01-12-2013, 19:56
LAS VEGAS -- Julianna Pena's roller coaster journey through The Ultimate Fighter 18 ended just as explosively as it began. The 24-year-old punctuated her season-long run with a relentless first-round assault on Jessica Rakoczy at UFC Fight Night 33, sealing her place in history as the first female TUF champion.

"I just went in there and I tried to be as vicious as possible," an elated Pena said on FOX Sports 1's post-fight show.

"I realize what's on the line and what's at stake, and I take that very seriously. It's a 50-50 thing in there and anything can happen. That's what I've learned over the years of watching mixed martial arts. I look at my opponents as very dangerous, and them trying to ruin my career. And I take that 110-percent serious, so I'm going in there to kill them every time because it's either kill or be killed, and I don't want to be killed."

Pena kicked off TUF 18 with the upset of the season, stunning Team Rousey's No. 1 pick Shayna Baszler en route to a second-round submission finish. Pena then repeated the favor against Sarah Moras, avenging a loss to cement her place in Saturday night's finale.

Though afterward, despite the good vibrations of the night, Pena made it clear that her goals exceed far beyond a reality show crown.

"I didn't get into this sport thinking I want to be top-10 in the world," Pena said. "I got into this sport trying to put some bread on the table and trying to be the champ. In my mind, I've been the champ for 24 years. I would like to see that come true one day. I'm in no hurry.

"I'm very young in this sport. I'm a young girl and I have a lot of growing to do. I have a lot of training and experience that I still need to get under my belt, so that's what I'm really focused on right now."

While TUF 18 helped to bolster the depth and popularity of the UFC's 135-pound division, its roster is still a work in progress. That could work to Pena's advantage if she can parlay her current momentum into quick title contention, similar to way John Dodson landed a shot at the flyweight strap after just two post-TUF victories.

"I'm probably like two or three fights away," Pena guessed. "Maybe one. Maybe they'll put me up against the next champ right after this. Who knows? It's not my decision."

Certainly, Pena's case is helped in part by a preexistent history with UFC champion Ronda Rousey.

Pena and Rousey's relationship appeared tenuous throughout TUF 18. Recently Pena made headlines by telling FOX Sports 1 that Rousey was "pretentious" and a "spoiled, rich brat" -- comments which she isn't backing down from.

"Whether Ronda has one penny or $10 million, the point I was trying to make there is she has her nose in the air and she acts like she's better than everyone else," Pena said. "She went on the show being like, ‘I'm Team Real Mean versus Fake Nice.' Well if she was so real, why didn't she tell me that I didn't deserve to breathe the same air as Shayna Baszler? Why didn't see tell me that to my face instead of saying it on camera behind my back?

"It's her arrogance. It's the way she holds herself, like her s--t don't stink. That was the point I was trying to make. It doesn't have anything to do with money. It's the way that she acts."

Pahlavan
01-12-2013, 19:57
Props for Julianna (althans vanwege haar opmerkingen over Ronda)

carlo1
01-12-2013, 20:04
zou na het zien van deze partijen best jessamyn duke vs germaine de randamie willen zien