PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Silva doesn’t think he lost to Chris Weidman

Naj85
13-01-2014, 09:32
Anderson Silva suffered a gruesome injury in his rematch with Chris Weidman at UFC 168, but he doesn’t consider his last fight a loss.

The former UFC middleweight champion broke his left leg when kicking Chris Weidman on Dec. 28 in Las Vegas, Nev., but is confident he will be able to fight again one day. And when he does, he won’t enter the Octagon feeling he’s coming off back-to-back losses to Weidman.

"I believe that, if you pay attention to these technical details, you will see that (checking the kick) was instinct, not something that he trained to do," Silva said during an interview to Globo.

"No, I don’t think (Weidman should consider it a win). It was an accident. And I’m pretty sure I would have won the fight."

During the interview, Silva rewatched the fight and said he made some technical mistakes before throwing the leg kick.

"I can see some technical mistakes I did in the fight," he said. "To land the perfect kick, I needed to distract him by punching him in the face so he wouldn’t pay attention to the kick. He was protecting the upper part of his body, and the raised leg instinctively. The kick was so strong he lost balance."

Silva wants to fight again, and he’s not worried if his next fight will be against Weidman.

"I saw my mistake, and now I’m only worried about my comeback," he said. "If the UFC thinks I deserve another opportunity (against Weidman) or if I need to earn it. I just want to do what I do, it doesn’t matter if it’s for the title or not. I want to do what I do well."

Right after he suffered the injury, "The Spider" wondered if he would ever walk again.

"The only thing I was thinking was ‘is it over? Will I walk again?’" he said "I was scared that I wouldn’t walk again. Many things were going through my head at that moment. I’m 38 now, and I will be 39 in April. That’s what I’m afraid of, but I’m confident that I will. I will be back.

"(You should stop fighting) when you feel you need to stop, when your body and head says that. I think I still have a lot of things to do. I don’t plan to stop now. I’m getting stronger every day, and I will be back soon."

The MMA legend is still in pain, and he revealed that sometimes he asks his wife to take him for a ride around Los Angeles so he can just sit and cry away from his kids. Pain is part of Silva’s routine now, and he can’t even sleep without it.

"When I landed the kick I heard a loud noise, the sound of a bone breaking, and the pain was huge. And since I left the hospital, I can’t sleep," he said. "It’s really hard. I think about it, and I wondered why. ‘Why, my God, I had to go through all this?’ I wonder which message He’s trying to teach me at this moment."

The pain will eventually go away one day, and Silva wants to return to the Octagon to end his career as he always planned to - with a win.

Minotauro
13-01-2014, 09:51
Mee eens. In mijn ogen ook een NC. Een MMA-partij kan raar lopen, en Silva was nog niet afgeschreven ondanks Weidmans dominatie in de eerste ronde.

Klassikl
13-01-2014, 12:22
Dan is hij een van de weinige.

Willem033
13-01-2014, 12:29
Silva is een beetje in de war.
Hij werd in de eerste ronde weer vakkundig gesloopt door Weidman.
In de tweede ronde breekt hij zijn been door een defensieve aktie van Weidman en dan moet het een NC zijn?
Hou op hoor.

Bromios
13-01-2014, 13:02
Hij heeft gewoon een punt; als Weidmann per ongeluk blokte dan telt het niet. Dat moet expres zijn. De eerste partij moet ook een No contest worden. Silva had zijn dekking niet hoog en dan hoor je iemand niet op zijn hoofd te slaan.

Rare jongens die Brazilianen.

Diz
13-01-2014, 13:36
Jammer dit... verlies accepteren en verder gaan met het leven...

Naj85
14-01-2014, 02:10
Ed Soares calls Weidman's two wins over Silva 'controversial,' says he believes Silva will return
Ed Soares contributes to the "Chris Weidman didn't really beat Anderson Silva" narrative while saying he believes the UFC great will return to the cage after his traumatic leg injury.
Many MMA fans and media members thought that Anderson Silva's (http://www.mmafighting.com/fighter/101/anderson-silva) career came to an end when his leg snapped in half while throwing a leg kick at Chris Weidman (http://www.mmafighting.com/fighter/352/chris-weidman) at UFC 168 (http://www.mmafighting.com/fight-card/566/ufc-168-weidman-vs-silva). But the weeks since the fight have seen much talk that Silva would be back in the cage once he finalized his recovery.
That recovery seems to be going quite well with it being said that Silva will be off crutches in about thirty days, a quick turnaround from a complete leg break.
Ed Soares told Sherdog Radio Network's "Beatdown" that he believes Silva will return (http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ed-Soares-Believes-Anderson-Silva-Will-Fight-Again-Has-Options-for-Opponent-61983):

"I believe he’ll make a 100-percent recovery and I believe he’ll be back, but right now the main thing is just making sure he’s OK," Soares told the Sherdog Radio Network’s "Beatdown" show. "I do believe he’ll be back. We’ll just have to see when and how the recovery is coming along."
Soares also said that he thinks there are good options for Silva upon his return, including Georges St. Pierre, Michael Bisping (http://www.mmafighting.com/fighter/84/michael-bisping) and...Chris Weidman. Soares is the latest to contribute to the "both of Weidman's wins were controversial" nonsense.
The first fight between Silva and Weidman was decisive. Silva fought Weidman as he'd fought most opponents for several years and got knocked out. There's no controversy when a fighter does what he always does and gets slept doing it. The second fight had a fluke injury ending, but not until after Silva was dominated by Weidman for the opening frame. If you want to call the second fight "controversial" it could be discussed, but the first fight was a clear cut victory for the new champ.
This narrative continuing is damaging the UFC's ability to sell Weidman as the kind of force and champion that he is and folks shouldn't be as willing as they are to go along with it.

Nosferatu187
14-01-2014, 02:51
kijk nou is hij gewoon smoesjes aan het verzinnen, een laatste stuiptrekking van silva?

Bromios
14-01-2014, 10:59
Volgens mij moet Silva gewoon in de rij aansluiten nu. Zou hem wel eens tegen bisping willen zien. Ook een vechter met veel druk.

Willem033
14-01-2014, 11:51
Comeback fight tegen Mousasi die hem gelijk weer de kreukels in slaat.

HARDnickCORE
14-01-2014, 12:46
Comeback fight tegen Mousasi die hem gelijk weer de kreukels in slaat.

Dat zou heerlijk zijn!!